Start by marking “The Serpent's Grasp” as Want to Read:
The Serpent's Grasp

The Serpent's Grasp

Dr. Evelyn Sims, a brilliant marine biologist, is being watched. Her husband’s mysterious death at sea—with the only survivor of the capsized yacht telling a shocking, unbelievable tale—has thrown her personal life into chaos. Her scientific views are being scrutinized. Her husband’s office and their home are investigated. Called in by the FBI to help solve the mystery, Ev ...more
Published January 30th 2012 by OakTara

To ask other readers questions about The Serpent's Grasp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Serpent's Grasp

Author: C. Kevin Thompson
Pages: 500
Year: 2017
Publisher: Hallway Publishing
My rating 5+ out of 5 stars.
For three days, I couldn’t look at anything else; I was glued to the novel! I’m not a fast reader by any means, but I sure love a good book. What’s a good book? Well, for me it’s one that is written to entertain, thought provoking, action packed, suspense filled and one wild and crazy ride! Here is such a novel by C. Kevin Thompson!
The story uses many aspects including
Terry Conrad
May 24, 2020 rated it liked it
I've read 2 other books by this author and loved them. I couldn't wait to read this book. I love supernatural weird reads. I don't like saying this but I was disappointed in this book. All talk, no action. In a 500 page book I'm guessing 15% may have been action. There was talking, talking, talking and more talking. When I reached the halfway mark I honestly thought about quitting, something I rarely do. I stuck it out and finished the book. The writing is great I just honestly got very bored.
Ashley Jones
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Although I read a lot of Christian non-fiction books, I had never gotten into Christian fiction because I was afraid it would be corny or unbelievable. I'm a sucker for monster stories, though, so I decided to give The Serpent's Grasp a try...and I'm so glad I did! Far from corny, this book features a realistic monster that actually attacks and kills people. The characters are strong but flawed, making them complex and dynamic. The action scenes are fast, rich, and well written. Oh, and the plot ...more
Susan Sloan
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a departure from what I normally read, but it was a good choice. I usually prefer historical fiction, and this is contemporary. It had a good bit of technical/scientific jargon, which I tended to glide over and which lent to the credibility of the plot. Full of action and compelling characters, it would make a good adventure movie.
Rick
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I always like to give a personal insight into any book that I’m reviewing. For this one, I met the author during a chat one evening on the Book Fun Network (www.bookfun.org) We were discussing his new book, “30 Days Hath Revenge”, and he agreed to send that book to me to review. When the book arrived, I found that Mr. Thompson had been nice enough to include “Serpent’s Grasp” as well. Long story short, I reviewed “30 Days Hath Revenge” and forgot all about “Serpent’s Grasp”. The other night, whi ...more
Lisa Johnson
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Title: The Serpent’s Grasp
Author: C. Kevin Thompson
Pages: 330
Year: 2012
Publisher: Oaktara
Do sea monsters really exist? If they did exist, would a government agent cover it up and try to destroy all evidence of their existence at any, and I mean any cost?
The Serpent’s Grasp is a suspenseful thriller that starts off with a man and his mistress alone on his yacht when they are attacked by a creature that has never been seen before. The man loses his life, and his wife, a marine biologist, must deal
Audrey Grant
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, won
I just finished this book last night (early morning) before I fell asleep. I really enjoyed it! In fact as a homeschooling Mother with a Senior this year I am adding it to my son's required reading for his English/Literature for the year!
I love the way the Author includes so many facts, so much scientific information, proof against evolution, all the real with the fiction of the story he told!
And I enjoyed the Naval aspect of the story also! Loved all the detail and information on the boating,
Terry Conrad
Jorja
Mar 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, adventure
A great sea serpent whose grasp consumes the wicked. People who search for the serpent who has changed their lives forever. Bumpy from time to time, but thank you Kevin for being brave enough to encourage the rest of America's writers to just get it out there. Can't wait for the next one.
Sewspecialmom
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Expertly written literature. Plenty of mystery and suspense. Science and Christianity in one book.
I couldn't put it down until I finished it. Can't wait for his next book.
Cleve
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book that kept me wanting more. I was disappointed at the end because the story was over. To say the book was hard to put down would be an understatement!
Kim Lewandowski
Apr 09, 2013
Michelle Puglisi-feltman
May 22, 2013
C. Thompson
Jul 19, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
kstanton
Jun 29, 2014
Gail Swales
Mar 02, 2015
Robin E. Mason
Jul 24, 2015
Tatiana
Jul 08, 2018

• Shangri-La (Sam Reilly #21)
  • The Labyrinth Key (Sam Reilly #19)
  • The Tomb of El Dorado (Sam Reilly #18)
  • The Obsidian Chamber (Sam Reilly #20)
  • Yankee in Atlanta (Heroines Behind the Lines, #3)
  • No Ocean Too Wide (McAlister Family #1)
  • Widow of Gettysburg (Heroines Behind the Lines, #2)
  • Spy of Richmond (Heroines Behind the Lines #4)
  • A Refuge Assured
  • The Matt Drake Series: Books 4-6 (The Matt Drake Series Boxset 2)
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross Book, #27)
  • The Shadow: Someone Is Watching
  • Aimee
  • Faith and Hope
  • Journey of the Pharaohs (NUMA Files, #17)
  • The Copper Box
  • Crooked River (Pendergast, #19)
C. KEVIN THOMPSON is a husband, a father, a grandfather, and a kid at heart. Often referred to as “crazy” by his grandchildren, it’s only because he is. He’s a writer. Need he say more?

The second edition of his award-winning debut novel, The Serpent’s Grasp, is now available! The first four books of his Blake Meyer Thriller series are out as well. Book 1, 30 Days Hath Revenge, Book 2, Triple Time,

News & Interviews

Award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa’s highly anticipated new book, Once I Was You: A Memoir of Love and Hate in a Torn America, arrives...