Start by marking “Vanity, Vengeance And A Weekend In Vegas (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #6)” as Want to Read:
Vanity, Vengeance And A Weekend In Vegas (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #6)

Vanity, Vengeance And A Weekend In Vegas

(Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #6)

Sophie Katz, bestselling mystery writer and amateur sleuth, has just discovered that Anatoly, her sexy Russian P.I boyfriend of six years is actually married to the daughter of a Russian mafia boss. Devastated by his betrayal, Sophie banishes him from their beautiful San Francisco Victorian home.

Desperate to distract their friend and pull her out of her depression, Dena an
Published March 2nd 2012 by Latte Press

To ask other readers questions about Vanity, Vengeance And A Weekend In Vegas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vanity, Vengeance And A Weekend In Vegas

Stacy
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you take this book for what it is, you'll enjoy it. It's mindless, with a weak plot and storyline and one-dimensional characters who, somehow, throughout seven books in this series don't manage to grow or change very much. However, the story is still interesting and still fun enough to hold your attention. I finished it in less than 10 hours (gotta love summer vacation!). But, there are some MAJOR flaws with this book. Firstly, it is evident that no one with any publishing or editing backgrou ...more
Anastasia
Vanity, Vengeance and A Weekend in Vegas by Kyra Davis is the 6th book in the Sophie Katz Mystery series. Mystery writer Sophie Katz Murder Mystery series. Mystery writer Sophie Katz discovers that her boyfriend of 6 years is married to a Russian mafia bosses daughter. She takes off to Vegas with her friends to drown her sorrows only to find him also there with another woman who later she finds shot dead. This is the first book I have read in this series and found it a little confusing and slow. ...more
Kelaina
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
I was really, really disappointed in this book. I had been looking forward to it for a long time (and had been following Davis' FB page for updates).

When it came out...as a self-published e-book...I snagged it.

Davis should have kept her editor; it was CLEAR who was in charge of keeping the characters witty, the action flowing smoothly, and the lines fresh but familiar--and it sure as hell wasn't Davis. I don't know why Davis switched to self-publishing (probably her contract was up and not rene
Amanda
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've been a big Kyra Davis fan for many years and have been waiting for this book to come out since about a day after Vows, Vendettas, and a Little Black Dress (the previous in the series) was released. I followed as the author split with her publishing company and felt her way through the ins and outs of self-publishing. I bought a copy of Vanity... as soon as it was available on Amazon.

I devoured this book just as I have with her others and loved getting back into Sophie's world. The story was
Betty Armstrong
Interesting spy and murder story taking place in Vegas.
Ashley Welch
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really good book for a quick and fun read. I really like this series as a quick diversion from other more serious books that I am reading. The characters are all really fun and enjoyable. The story line has some twists that are unexpected and some that are predictable.
Krista
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, 2016, series
I had a couple of problems with this one, but mostly it was the printing of it. It was different than the other books and there were a bit of spelling mistakes. I mean I obviously have like loads of spelling mistakes constantly but that's me. I did like the story and I loved Sophie at some parts but at others I didn't see the same Sophie as the other books. But it did have some really great moments (as I posted in two updates some quotes I loved) and I was happy to see all the characters again p ...more
Keisha
Mar 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I think this may be my last Sophie Katz book. It was great while it lasted but the rides over. The book was ok but the series has lost something for me I can't quite put my finger on. The writing is still humorous though not as many laughs. Seems like Ms Davis is trying to make the plots more intricate/sophisticated but it doesn't work with this cast of characters. Sophie’s situations are becoming increasingly unbelievable.
Stephanie
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Yet again Kyra Davis delivers a real winner and doesn't disappoint!! The book was a real page turner with tons of action and, in my opinion, the fastest paced Sophie book to date. I really hope we get to see more of Sophie in the future!!
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Though the last two of the series that I read (Books 3 and 5) were predictable, though still cute and funny, this one was really good and had more twists and turns.

Maybe this is the reason I'm not in a relationship, but I would have dropped Anatoly a long time ago. Sophie seems to want to constantly want to make their relationship work when he gives very little to the relationship and her piecemeal. The final straw of the information she was told at the end of the last book would have been the s
Bird
Mar 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Look, this isn't the most believable series to begin with. It requires quite a bit of suspension of disbelief from the beginning, but that's the case with many cozy mysteries, and it doesn't usually bother me.

Until this book. Things have gotten wacky in the past few installments, but this one takes the cake with a plot that involved the RUSSIAN MAFIA. And a MEXICAN MAFIA. And our intrepid amateur sleuth somehow being able to hold her own with them. REALLY?!

I was enjoying this series quite a bit
Tameka
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Sophie, Dena, and Marcus embark to Vegas for both a get-a-way and to mend Sophie's broken heart feom finding out that the love of her life Antoly is married and that is how all the trouble starts in Sophie's life.
This a beautifully written and a good comic relief as we watch all of them stumble through the chaos of what is life.
Meredith
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Read on Kindle. This was another fun read from this series, with a decent amount of my favorite character (Marcus) thrown in, but I wasn’t very into the mafia storyline and had a hard time following it, so I didn’t enjoy it as much. The book was a little sloppy at times and there were several misspellings and grammatical errors; it really needed another round of editing. One more book to go!
Brittany Filopanti
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I am obsessed with this series and with Sophie and Anatoly. I wanted to love this story so much. I think that I more like Sophie figuring out murders than being a part of mafia issues. I can't wait for the 7th book. I am hoping that it is out sooner rather than later!
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I absolutely love this series and they kept getting better and better. This was my favorite one so far. I’m going to check and see when the next one will be out because I can’t wait to read it!
Barbara Andrews
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good story and characters Really like the way the writer writes the stories part romance alot of mystery some funny parts too you wouldn't want to miss. Want more books by this author. Really enjoyed Would recommend this to all my friends, Want more
Juhi Bansal
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my first Kyra Davis or Sophie Katz for that matter. I just picked it up because I wanted to try a different genre in Audible. Totally avoidable! Neither the mystery nor the chick lit vibe worked for me.
Sharon
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

This is my first time reading a mystery book by this author and I have to say that I truly enjoyed the book. Now I am excited to go back and read the first five books. Ms Davis has found her a new fan of her work.
Naitasia
It bums me out that she hasn't published a new book in this series for 5 years. I put off reading the last two hoping a new one would come out in the meantime.
Wildone
Mar 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Nööö
Emily
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While the plot went a little off the rails, this was probably my favorite of the Sophie Katz stories.
Jen Warner
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I love me some Sophie Katz. It's an easy and mindless read.
Eileen
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very funny. Love her books... Laughed out loud
Jory
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This might be my favorite one in the series so far. The Russian Mob and puppetry of the penis? Sign me the fuck up!
Karen Drinkall
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series! Mystery, humor, and romance! Not a PG book series, though.
LiteraryMarie
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Vanity, Vengeance & A Weekend in Vegas is the sixth book in the Sophie Katz series by Kyra Davis. Sophie Katz, the part-time amateur sleuth and bestselling mystery writer, returns. She discovers that Anatoly, her boyfriend of six years, is married...to a mafia boss. Of course, Sophie kicks him out of the San Francisco home they share. To cheer Sophie up, friends Dena and Marcus take her away for a weekend in Vegas. It just so happens to be the weekend of a sex toy trade show and home of the ...more
Lynda Tatad
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-r-us
This book pickes up shortly where the last one had left off. Sphie Katz, bestselling mystery writer and amateur sleuth, had broken up with and kicked out her boyfriend of 6 years, Anatoly, a sexy Russian P.I., after she was informed that he was actually married to a Russian Mafia princess, and is still married to her!

Her friends Dena and Marcus rally to her defense and in trying to distract her from her heartbreak, take her to a weekend in Vegas, where there is a Sex Toy Trade Show happening. B
Bonnie
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been a Kyra Davis fan since her first book. It's sarcastic, sexy, and never fails to make me laugh. In this novel another obstacle appears when after 6 yrs. of being together Sophie finds out that Anatoly is married which kind of puts a monkey wrench in their happiness. Only Sophie’s friends would suggest taking a trip to Vegas to a Sex Trade Show to cheer her up after the breakup. All of the crazy characters that we have come to know and love are in this book: Dena is fierce, Sophie's si ...more
Ashlie
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There is a reason why I read series books. It gives the author a chance to redeem themselves if the first book fell short. The first time I met Sophie Katz I could not stand her. I thought she was a selfish, alcoholic and I wanted her to get punched in the face. BUT these last few books she has really grown on me. I see her now is funny, insecure, impulsive, but still an alcoholic. But I'm drawn to her and can't wait for the next book in the series to come out. In this book Anatoly's past comes ...more
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing! It's so rare for books later in a series to be better (or as good as) the first books in the series. But this was absolutely true of this book. I listened to this on audiobook and fell in love. I already feel so close to the characters and this book did not disapoint those relationships I've cultivated through the first 5 books.

I laughed out loud HARD while listening to this book. It was absolutely hilarious, but also quite the mystery. I haven't been as hooked on one of Sop
  • Run Rabbit Run (Sophie Green Mystery, #5)
  • Foreign Affairs
  • A Done Deal (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #5)
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
  • Killer Heels (Molly Forrester Mystery, #1)
  • Billy Collins Live: A Performance at the Peter Norton Symphony Space
  • Deja Moo (Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum #3)
  • Nearly Dead in Iowa
  • Death, Taxes, and a Sequined Clutch (Tara Holloway, #3.5)
  • A Wedding to Die For (A Yellow Rose Mystery, #2)
  • Bargain Hunting (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #5)
  • Hollywood in Heels: A Small-Town Girl's Adventures in Tinseltown
New York Times bestselling author of JUST ONE NIGHT, DECEPTIVE INNOCENCE, the Sophie Katz mysteries, SO MUCH FOR MY HAPPY ENDING and the upcoming DANGEROUS ALLIANCE, JUST ONCE MORE and JUST ONE LIE (July 28th, 2015).

Sophie Katz Murder Mystery (7 books)
  • Sex, Murder And A Double Latte (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #1)
  • Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #2)
  • Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #3)
  • Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #4)
  • Vows, Vendettas and a Little Black Dress (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #5)
  • Chaos, Desire & A Kick-Ass Cupcake (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #7)
“He lied to you too, Sophie"

"I know," I said softly.

"You're risking that adorable little neck of yours for an asshole."

"I am," I admitted. The fountain was now a blur as the wind played with the carefully structured pattern of the water. "But here's the thing...he's my asshole."

"Is this about ownership?" Marcus asked incredulously, "Or is it about love?"

"It's about love," I whispered. "Marcus I...I love my asshole, okay? I love him so much.”
0 likes