Start by marking “Buffalo Soldiers (An Upstate New York Mafia Tale #2)” as Want to Read:
Buffalo Soldiers (An Upstate New York Mafia Tale #2)

Buffalo Soldiers

(An Upstate New York Mafia Tale #2)

BUFFALO SOLDIERS

Book II of the epic crime series: An Upstate New York Mafia Tale

Notorious assassin Rafael Rontego is kidnapped from his hotel room moments before FBI Agent Sydney Price and her team close in on the man she believes can provide enough evidence to bring down the Ciancetta crime family. As she chases down the prize of her investigation, she enlists help from f
Published March 20th 2012 by D-Rated Novelists

To ask other readers questions about Buffalo Soldiers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buffalo Soldiers

Sara
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everybody!
Shelves: favorites
I have to admit Nicholas Denmon is always one of my favorite authors. I love his writing. I love everything he writes. And he never ceases to fascinate me.
But... Why, oh why did you leave me hanging on a cliff like that?
Well, wouldn't say it was really a big cliffhanger, but nontheless it left me open-mouthed and with a burning desire to read more. So, please write the 3rd book fast! Please! I need to read it!
Back to Buffalo Soldiers:
I loved this book! I was so absorbed in it that I couldn't
Heather Faville
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Quite a while back, I had the pleasure of reading For Nothing (An Upstate New York Mafia Tale) and I loved every second of my reading experience. (see review HERE). So when Buffalo Soldiers (An Upstate New York Mafia Tale) showed up in my inbox with a request I was very excited and couldn't wait to add it to my list. Finally, I was able to crack it open and begin the tale...

To say that Nicholas Denmon can spin a yarn that will keep you looking over your shoulder every few seconds just knowing th
Matthew Andrus
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Next is the brilliant follow up book by American author Nicholas Denmon buffalo soldiers part of the epic crime series: An Upstate New York Mafia Tale and in my opinion this book is even better than book one "for nothing" which is reviewed on an earlier page.

Rafael Rontego is kidnapped from his hotel room just before a team of FBI Agents close in on the mob hitman who she believes can provide enough evidence to bring down the notorious Ciancetta crime family. she enlists help from former underco
Pat
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nicholas Denmon’s first Mafia Thriller For Nothing was a brilliantly crafted debut novel and his sequel, Buffalo Soldiers is certainly no different. From the prison gates, into the dark and dangerous world of feuding Mafia gangs, cops aplenty and old scores to settle this captivating, action packed, adrenalin fuelled page turner with its colourful and visual descriptions of sights, sounds, smells, events, people and emotions, puts you back on that roller coaster ride of highs and lows, excitemen ...more
Nick Wastnage
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Enter the bloody and wild world of the Buffalo mafia. In Nicholas Denmon’s excellent follow-on to For Nothing – his first novel – he continues with the violent lives of Rafeal Rontego, an assassin, and his nemesis, Alex Vaughn, a retired Buffalo undercover cop. In a compelling story of an ongoing battle between rival underworld gangs, the author portrays action-packed scenes, uses gritty, authentic dialogue, and pulls the reader into the frightening world of competing criminal mobs. The characte ...more
Russell Quinton
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read

I don't know a lot about the Mafia or even if this book. Was realistic. I do know I thoroughly enjoyed it The author made it believable. The only thing wrong wit by it is there is not another book of the series to read
I recommend that you read these books.theses books
Aviar Savijon
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buffalo Soldiers

An extremely dramatic, vivid and powerful story that needs to be read by all. I loved it!!! Nicholas Denmon is a great talent.
bob
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Fast moving good plot and great characters. Good read and.Fast paced.
Would.read more books from this author . Plenty of action.
Sandra Burns
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyable series

I read Book 1, and immediately started Book 2. The Mafia , Russian and Police war continued. Throw in some crooked cops & assassians.
Wendell
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Very interesting read, not at all what I was expecting, but I am very much interested in reading more of Mr Denmon's work
Sergio Gardner
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime, mafia
as excellent as book 1
Diane Moccio
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced page turner! I enjoyed very much, anxious for next one!
?
Diane
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well just finished Buffalo Soldiers and all I can say is Wow!!!. What a book. I really enjoyed this very much. A great crime/suspense book. It was well worth the wait. Nicholas Denmon out did himself with this follow up story to For Nougthing about the Buffalo Mafia. Found it hard to put down. I just had to know what was happening next and where everyone stood.

We find ourselves start out at the upstate prison gates with Ivan Nivsky and Rafael Rontego has been kidnapped. Then the story takes off
Allie Burke
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Nicholas Denmon's debut thriller For Nothing had me in awe from its first pages, and Buffalo Soldiers is no different. It is different, though, all the while keeping with its Upstate NY Mafia Tale tone, if that's even possible. But it is, you know, possible, for this author, who is not just talented with words but in his writing is insightful, unique, and beautiful.

If there was one thing I never expected from this series it was to fall in love. In For Nothing it was not just Rontego but the thin
Mark Garrett
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Nicholas Denmon has really hit his stride in this, the second book in his Upstate New York Mafia Tale. Blending a mixture of familiar faces with some carefully crafted new characters, Buffalo Soldiers will take you on a journey that begins at a prison's gates, and ends at the gates to hell. A masterful storyteller, Denmon deftly takes us down several parallel paths that link up for a finale that will leave you not sitting on the edge of your seat, but hiding behind it.

While I would highly recomm
Christoph Fischer
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Buffalo Soldiers" by Nicholas Denmon is a complex Mafia story that follows his previous book "For Nothing". It is a remarkable and hugely enjoyable sequel that shows the author's versatility and undeniable talent by taking a very different direction.

Assassin Rafael, one of only two main characters in the last instalment, is kidnapped from his hotel room moments before the police can catch him. His old enemy, undercover cop Alex Vaughn, is brought in to help track Rafael down. But instead of foc
Cathy Ryan
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime-suspense
Buffalo Soldiers is another action packed, bloody and tense tale of mafia and mobsters, following on from Nicholas Denmon’s debut novel, For Nothing.

It’s a complex tale, gritty, dark and sinister with really good character development. The action and tension start with the abduction of the assassin, Rafael Rontego and doesn’t let up until the final page.

We’re introduced to FBI Agent Sydney Price, who is on Rontego’s trail because she believes, with his evidence, she can bring down the Ciancetta
Julie Barrett
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Buffalo Soldiers (An Upstate New York Mafia Tale #2) by Nicholas Denmon
Love reading about the mob and their lives. When you first get into this book it's like a lot of problems others are attempting to fix but then you realize they are all tied to one.
Soon after the blast it all comes together just who is with who and why as they escape.
One passage I read that reminded me of why I like the author's style of words was when describing the sunset and I could feel the wind in my face, see the color
Diane
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the second "upstate New York" book in Nicholas Denmon's series. Following on from "For Nothing" this book is set in Buffalo and follows the release of Ivan from prison, the kidnap of assassin Rafael, the life of young Mia and the rise of the Russian Mob, and their fight against the Italian gangsters.

When a bomb goes off in a crowded shopping mall the FBI are left chasing a feud between two sets of gangsters. Will anyone be left standing in a violent, gruesome dance between the new boys
Gee
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-crime
With a cliffhanger in the first book, this is definitely an action-packed sequel filled with mischief, drama, and mystery. Picking up where the book 1 left off, Buffalo Soldiers offered another glimpse of the secret life of the Mafia and the intricacies involved in it. Adding more depth, detail and desperation to the story, and adding a new set of characters introducing complications to it, Nicholas Denmon didn't fail to allow the reader to absorb it all and allow the reader to understand even w ...more
Jessica
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great follow-up to the first in the series. I'm really enjoying these characters. I was a little surprised at the sudden introduction at the end of an (apparently) important character - I think there would have been more impact if that character had been introduced (or at least mentioned) a bit earlier in the novel (unless I missed it?)
4 instead of 5 stars as the Kindle edition, like the first novel, suffers from a number of distracting typos. I'd like to offer my amateur editing skills for free
Santiago
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
As a follow up to the FOR NOTHING. I was a little disappointed in the flow of this novel. With the ending of For Nothing being such a cliffhanger I hoped that the roller coaster ride wouldn't stop. This book lacked the action and suspense that was present in the first. I still liked it but was not happy with the sudden change in the protagonist, and the fact Vaughn didn't play a large roll in the novel, more of a supportive role.
John Kitcher
It is all rather obvious and cheesy. The plot, the characters, the lack of depth. The action scenes are mundane and listless. I appreciate that the author purposefully chose to write in this style, but that doesn't make it any less boring. And the grammar and spelling mistakes just drove me mad. Then or than? Denmon isn't sure so he tosses a coin. Line of site or sight. Come on. I only read this as I bought it by mistake. Do yourself a favor and avoid.
Amy
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I like an author who is able to modify their work to strengthen it and acknowledge any weaknesses. Nicholas Denmon has done this the second part of his upstate New York mafia series. Alot of the grammatical errors have been rectified in this novel and although there was more character development, I still would have liked to have seen more. What can I say I love a good character! :p looking forward to the next in the series and I wish the author best of luck.
Julia Carton
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Having read the first book I was eager to start the second and this one dud not disappoint along with the main characters from the first book the story expands with new characters and s different story. I must admit I really enjoyed this book and found it better than the first. The story is faced paced dark and gritty thriller and hoping there is s third
Mieko Yoshimura
After For Nothing, there was no way I was not going to grab up the second in this series. This is dark New York crime at its best. Crime noir has long needed a new voice and a new antihero and An Upstate New York Mafia Tale tells it best.
Nadia
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t certain in For Nothing which dark horse I hoped would win, but I am very happy to return to Rafael in this sequel. The stakes are higher this time with the FBI and the story is every bit as dark, twisted, and thrilling. Excellent writing and an excellent plot.
Justin McKenzie
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What a brilliant book!! Nicholas Denmon has fast become one of my favorite authors and I can't wait to read the next book in the series. This book was fast paced, full of action and would make a great movie at some stage.
Brian Gore
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and the other in the series by this author.
Marlene
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another spell-binding novel by Denman! As with his previous book, it is a real thriller; full of twists and non-stop action. A must-read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Mistress Wilding
  • Keller in Dallas
  • Sons and Princes
  • Enduring the Crisis
  • The Witches' Journal
  • The Pilot: A Tale of the Sea
  • Leo Tolstoy: The Complete Novels and Novellas (Book House)
  • Gods of Eden: Egypt's Lost Legacy and the Genesis of Civilization
  • Ezcape from Sobibor
  • Dog River Blues (Wes Darling Mystery, #2)
  • The Arrow of Gold: A Story Between Two Notes
  • The Best Laid Plans of Mice: An anthology of odd short stories
  • Diary of a Small Fish
  • The Grandfather Clock
  • Main-Travelled Roads
  • A Murky Business
  • DC Essential Graphic Novels 2017 (DC Comics Essentials)
  • Swan Loch
Nicholas Denmon studied English at the University of Florida. He started story telling from the moment he could talk and has spent a lifetime perfecting the art.

His life has been varied, giving him no shortage of material. Some of his unique experiences include growing up with an eccentric mother, having six brothers and sisters (of which he is the middle-younger child), a perfectionist father, an

An Upstate New York Mafia Tale (2 books)
  • For Nothing (An Upstate New York Mafia Tale #1)