Start by marking “Inferno (Chronicles of Nick, #4)” as Want to Read:
Inferno (Chronicles of Nick, #4)

Inferno

(Chronicles of Nick #4)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  12,990 Ratings  ·  837 Reviews
The heat is on, and a new threat to humanity has risen…

Nick has his driver’s license and he’s not afraid to use it. But turning sixteen isn’t what he thought it would be. While other boys his age are worried about prom dates and applying for college, Nick is neck deep in enemies out to stop him from living another day. No longer sure if he can trust anyone, his only ally s
Published April 9th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Inferno, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inferno

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,500 books — 12,321 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,578 books — 11,066 voters

More lists with this book...

"Tomorrow, my Cajun. It’ll be a whole new day".

El epílogo.
Necesito el próximo libro ya.
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
Apr 16, 2012 marked it as excited-for

whole year? wheres Ambrose when you need him? He's from the future right? I need him to get me that book right now!!!

P.S. Im really excited for the upcoming CON(Chronicles of Nick) Movie & DH(Dark-Hunter) TV series. This is going to be E-P-I-C. Sweeet!

This was another quite slow instalment, and the ending has left me a little confused, (view spoiler)

Otherwise this book did irritate me a bit. It seems a little unlikely that he’d be able to just pick up some sticks and play the drum like a pro, and his mother’s whining seems to get worse with each book!

6 out of 10

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
This book was a lot more intense and more deep than the prior books and unlike the prior books, there wasn't a bunch of zombies or other creatures taking over. Now sixteen and coming into more and more of his powers, our little Nick is growing up!

There are just too many things going on in this story so I'm just going to touch on some highlights:

♦ Nick found out some 'truths' about Kody in the last book and that causes a bunch of problems.

♦ There are many more 'beings' after him and many that he
Louise
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: To all YA and PNR lovers!
Click Brynna's letter to a bully here: Brynna’s Letter to a Bully

It can be stolen, but never bought.
It can be given, but never taken.
It can be stepped on, but cannot walk .
It can fly, but has no wings.
It can sing, but has no voice.
It can be broken, but still it work s.
It can be left, even while it follows.
And though it’s easily commanded, it can never, ever be demanded.

As Nick(Ambrose)(future self) saw his own future destroyed by his own hands, he had to go back from the past and warned his yo
Iness
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I shouldn't have read the first three book so fast! Now I have to wait until March 2013... :(
Lindsey Rey
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, fantasy, paranormal
[4.5 Stars]
Nandanie
I swear, if you're currently reading this, or if you get your hands on a copy before the publication date (ARC) I am gonna scream! I need this...

Why does Sherrilyn Kenyon have to be such a good writer? O.o (Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! =))

March better hurry up, 2013!!!!!!!
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Chronicles of Nick is a YA spin-off of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s adult paranormal romance series, which – I have to be honest here – I haven’t read. My initial enthusiasm for these books was mostly due to Holter Graham, the best audio narrator in the history of audio narrators, but even after choosing to read the last two books, my love wasn’t diminished in the least. I guess Nick and I love each other unconditionally now. *wipes tears of joy*

Nick’s voice is fabulously done. He was 14 at the beginning
Elifobeth
4.5 stars //

สนุกมาก ไมถึงกับกรีดตัวละครไปเพอนะ แตเราเอนจอยกับเนือเรืองและบทสนทนาของแตละตัวละครมาก นิคยังคงปลอยมากประชดประชันพรำเพรือทีเรารูสึกถูกจริตมาตังแตเลมแรก

เลมนีไมตืนเตนเทาเลมแรกๆทีเคยอานมานะ เหตุการณจะออกแนวเรือยๆ เลาถึงการปรับตัวของนิคและการไวเนือเชือใจคนรอบขาง ถาจะหวังความหวานของคูนิคกับโคดี เลมนีมีอยูประมาณเศษเลบคะ ซึงไมมีปัญหาสำหรับเราเลย ฮาาาา แคเรืองของนิคคนเดียวกเอาอยูแลว สิงทีจะไดรูมากขึนคือการนีนิคตองรับมีกับการเปนมาลาไค ตัวตนของโคดีและคาเลบ และตัวละครใหมๆทีเขามาในเรืองเชนกลุมเ
Abbie
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Actual rating - 2.5

The characters in this are really starting to annoy me now.

This was another slow and long read, and the majority of it dragged for me unfortunately.
Inferno is the fourth book in Sherrilyn Kenyon's Chronicles of Nick series so this review may contain spoilers for previous books. I'm going to assume that anyone who reads beyond this point is up to date with the series so look away now if you're not!

Poor Nick doesn't have the same worries as most sixteen year old boys, instead he has the weight of the world on his shoulders knowing that he has to change his future so he doesn't kill everyone he has ever met and cared about. As if visits from h
Amy
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Well.
Well.
If my previous reviews haven't made it clear enough that I can fangirl like a nut when I like a series, let me refresh your memory. I really have enjoyed the first three Chronicles of Nick books. I enjoyed the characters, the themes, the writing, the fact that there isn't swearing. I liked the weirdness and creativity of it. I found Nick way to hormonal but I'd go so far as to say that has been one of my biggest complaints in the series.
Funny, that plays a smaller role in my irritation
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Finally! I really loved Inferno - after being a little disappointed in the past two books, this one totally blew my mind!

This and other reviews can also be found on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews.

Inferno is the fourth book in the Chronicles of Nick series, and it brought the whole story back on track for me. I wasn’t all that happy with Infamous, because that felt too much like a filler than an actual novel to me. With Inferno, though, my love for Nick and the whole Dark Hunter world made se
Tangled N Books
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 4: Human ego & Jealousy

Grim decides to come out and play. Beginning of chapter one, Grim reveals Kody's true mission. Nick breaks up with her, right when they both falls in love, and the day after he gifts her a heart locket; Caleb goes full protection mode. I was picturing the trio like Harry Potter where the three will rely on each other and be present in all scenes; I did not anticipate after becoming a team for one book, the trio separates.

I'm a little mad at Caleb. After the break
Tasha
[This is a (not-so-well-thought-off) Rant. Beware.]

My first reaction when I got this was to squeal and flail like the fangirl I am.

Moving on, prior to the momentous second I got 'Inferno', I re-read the series, and it made me realize some things.

Cherise Gautier is SO ANNOYING. Yes, the female species tend to be emotional(I happen to be one, myself), but Cherise's emotions are just... irrational and exaggerated. Yes, I get it. She loves her kid very much, and it's hard for her being a single pare
Nusejka
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cherise is so annoying! Seriously that woman always pisses me off. I hate it that she is so ignorant about the world, about her ex-lover and her son and that she personifies the ultimate goodness and innocence. I get it that how much she loves Nick but at the same time she always emotionally blackmailing him and the poor boy is full of remorse about things he can not help. It was Cherise's decision to keep the baby and I'm sorry to say this, but it was her decision to make love with Adarian at a ...more
Beth
You must understand, I AM A HUGE SHERRILYN KENYON FAN! I read every Dark Hunter book and most of her other books so when she came out with this young adult off shoot of the Dark Hunters, I sucked them right up. I read this book totally for me, I wanted it, I bought it and now I’m going to tell you why I loved it.

1) Evil Demon or not, Nick is just an all around awesome guy. Yes, he’s conflicted but what teenager isn’t without having a demon threat over their heads.

2) Ash, yup he’s here in all hi
Deanna Against Censorship
I like few YA series. Harry Potter, Carl Hiaasen's & Kenyon's. There was teenage angst, but it was subdued in the last half of the book. Kenyon knows how to trap the reader in her world and make us want to be there even with the danger. Nick is growing up and that could cause the world to end. Thank God for his Mother and her love. That is the hope for mankind. I love whenever Ash makes an appearance and I loved his conversation with Nick. He revealed much.

There were surprises such as Simi's
AL
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-it-done-it
How I missed Nick. This book was worth waiting for. Every scene in that book was absolutely special and hilarious. Lawved the scene when Nick hugged Ash (tears) Nick was truly Ash's best buddy. The ending confused me. Plus, Nick's father Adrian and Cherise scene was sweet as well. I can't believe the great evil Malachi gave his life for Nick. At the end, he did do something worth and good. But now Nick has the all power but it's bound. And he has a slave as well (haha) I can't wait to read the n ...more
Devin (Mostly Manga)
Well, I sure didn't see THAT ending coming. A lot of twists at the end of this one! I love how unpredictable things are becoming. There's a lot of books planned for this series, so I'm excited to see where it goes. Now I'm really interested in reading the Dark Hunters. Characters like Kyrian and Acheron are so interesting that I'd like to read more about them! The whole DH universe as a whole has grabbed my attention. Good thing there's a lot of books in both series to look forward to!
Sara Kalt
May 01, 2012 marked it as to-read
Ahhh- waiting is the hardest part! Hope we find out what Kody is and who Adarian's other son is. GAH - why do we have to wait so long?!
Angelo
Apr 09, 2012 marked it as to-read
It's really so agonizing to wait for a whole year for a book like this to get published...
Jen Davis
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was thisclose to dropping out on this series. I'm not usually a YA reader, but I make a few exceptions with authors whose adult series I enjoy. Reading the Nick books seemed like a no-brainer since it is so intimately entwined with Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter books. But the early installments were just too young for me. The characters, their thoughts, the dialogue, even the way they were treated by the adults seemed even younger than their chronological ages. It alienated me. It felt like t ...more
Kathy
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who reads the Chronicles of Nick
Recommended to Kathy by: me
This is my first review so bear with me a bit ok?

This book proves that Ambrose really messed things up with his time jumping and universe crossing. There are two redemptions in this book, Adarian and Artemis are both redeemed as far as the storyline's arc is concerned. I liked that and the way it was done. I don't think I'm giving anything away here since Ms. Kenyon has said in the past that both characters were not as bad as they seemed.

With that being said this story felt like I started watchi
Yodamom
I like this series better than her adult series. There is less mating drama, and Ash and the other Hunter's are so much more interesting when he's dealing with these young ones. ( Ash gets hugs)

I loved it, it was fun, adventurous, touching and frustrating.
Nick is still struggling with his powers and the realization that he may be the end of all he loves. He is changing, faster than expected. His trust is broken between him and his girl. His knowledge of what her job is hurts him too deeply to i
Nicole
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Finally, something happened! A little peeved that Kody was only in about a quarter of the book. And more than a little confused about the ending. I guess I'll find out in the next one.
Allison
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
This was another awesome addition to the Chronicles of Nick series. I love it from start to finish. I love to watch Nick grow and become a stronger person as the series continues. There was a lot of fights and personal struggles in this one. The book pulled me in and didn't let me go. Even now I can't fully from my thoughts about it. As usually in this book Sherrilyn Kenyon left us with a huge cliff hanger that makes me impatient for March 15, 2014.

And if this book drove home one thing it was t
Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥
It was an okay book. Not bad but not overly exciting.

I'm a bit annoyed that 16 year old Nick's story feels like PNR at times with all the Kody drama. All the "love of my life" and so on... I mean, he's 16. He knows nothing!

I enjoyed the action and that we once again get to see characters like Kyrian. This is always fun.
Linda
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another great book about Nick, in this book we have nick and kody breaking up, Casey or what is possessing her coming on to Nick and the ever present dangers of other demons coming after Nickallculminating in another cliff hanger that looks to be the set up of the next book!

Nick fans read on!!!
Kenyons Minions: Inferno BOTM 87 33 Feb 16, 2015 09:13AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Inferno & Illusion by Sherrilyn Kenyon 1 2 Jul 15, 2014 07:00PM
does this mean that Nekoda is actually Acheron's niece??? 6 119 Apr 08, 2014 07:08PM
who excited about the next book ILLUSION!? 12 39 Mar 31, 2014 03:16PM
Did you understand that ending? ***SPOILERS*** 32 129 Mar 11, 2014 11:32PM
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
  • Sword of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #1)
  • How Beauty Met the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #1)
  • The Medicine Man (Men of the White Sandy, #1)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Sleepless (Bird of Stone, #1)
  • An Heiress at Heart (Love's Grace, #1)
  • Twisted (Intertwined, #3)
  • Master of Sin (Courtesan Court, #4)
  • Death, Doom and Detention (Darklight, #2)
  • Night Falls Darkly (Shadow Guard, #1)
  • Dread Nemesis of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #4)
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • When Tempting a Rogue (Victorian Soap Opera, #3)
  • Devil Without a Cause (The Devil's Bargain, #1)
  • Seven Nights to Forever
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Chronicles of Nick (8 books)
  • Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1)
  • Invincible (Chronicles of Nick, #2)
  • Infamous (Chronicles of Nick, #3)
  • Illusion (Chronicles of Nick, #5)
  • Instinct (Chronicles of Nick, #6)
  • Invision (Chronicles of Nick, #7)
  • Intensity (Chronicles of Nick, #8)
“It doesn’t matter what other people think. The only opinion that really matters is yours. We are all the writers of our lives. We can make our stories comedies or tragedies. Tales of horror, or of inspiration. Your attitude and your fortitude and courage are what determine your destiny, Nick.… Life is hard and it sucks for all. Every person you meet is waging his or her own war against a callous universe that is plotting against them. And we are all battle-weary. But in the midst of our hell, there is always something we can hold on to, whether it’s a dream of the future or a memory of the past, or a warm hand that soothes us. We just have to take a moment during the fight to remember that we’re not alone, and that we’re not just fighting for ourselves. We’re fighting for the people we love.” -- Acheron” 55 likes
“So, Acheron," Kyrian said, hijacking their conversation. "What happened to your car? I saw the busted fender on it. How unlike you to crash into anything."

Nick cringed as Acheron turned towards him with an arched brow.

"Hey now," Nick said, holding his hands up in defence of himself, "it was not my fault.I was minding my own business when the trash can went suicidal, came out of nowhere, and jumped in front of the car."

"It was on the curb, Nick," Ash said drily. "Along with a number of screaming pedestrians, running for their lives."

"That's your story. I'm sticking to mine... And there ought to be a law about homicidal trash cans, and fines for people who put them on the street. They're really dangerous.... Just saying.”
42 likes