Start by marking “Low Pressure” as Want to Read:
Low Pressure

Low Pressure

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  17,415 ratings  ·  1,498 reviews
Bellamy Lyston Price was only 12 years old when her older sister Susan was killed on a stormy Memorial Day. Bellamy's fear of storms is a legacy of the tornado that destroyed the crime scene as well as her memory of one vital fact that still eludes her...

Now, 18 years later, Bellamy has written a novel based on Susan's murder. It's her first book, and it's an instant sens
Audible Audio
Published September 18th 2012 by Hachette Audio (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Low Pressure, please sign up.
Hubjeanne A.k.a.: also known as, referring to her pen name for writing the book.

·  17,415 ratings  ·  1,498 reviews

Melissa
So, if you didn’t know before, you do now—I’m a Sandra Brown fangirl. Funnily enough, that lands me in somewhat of a predicament. What can I say about her work that I haven't already?

♦ Perfect mix of suspense and romance? Nope. Said it.Mean Streak
♦ Spot on with the dialogue? Mentioned that one, too.Lethal
♦ Her writing gets me every time? Sure does.Friction
♦ Queen of epic plot twists? Yup. Oh how I love getting duped.Sting
♦ Tension and an underlying sexiness? Don’t I know it.Seeing
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
4 STARS

Another great novel by SB. It's more suspense than romance but I didn't mind because the plot was gripping. Both the hero and the heroine are likable characters.

Not my favorite but still worth reading.
♥Sharon♥
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I honestly didn’t expect to like this one as much as I did. It started off slow but around the 30% mark, in true SB form she throws in a twist in and I was hooked.

I really enjoyed the two main characters, Denton Carter and Bellamy Lyston Price. But in the best of SB books she always surrounds them with a cast of secondary characters that are fantastic and in this one I think they are what kept me so engaged.

There is Gall Hathaway which is the only one that Denton considered family. He provided
Mo
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started this book twice and gave up. I even posted gifs stating that I was bored. So I put it aside. The I saw this review ...

Sharon's wonderful review

I thought to myself, "Mmmm, now Sharon and myself like a lot of the same books. We LOVE most of the SB books we have read, so what was I missing here?" Decided to give it another shot. I mean, a bad SB book for me is a GOOD book. I started again from the beginning 'cos, as you know, at my age, the memory isn't the greatest. I swear I thought I w
Jill
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it

Bellamy Price has written a best-selling novel under an assumed name. The novel, is a fictionalised account of her family's tragic true story. Eighteen years ago her sixteen year-old sister was murdered, strangled to death at a Memorial Day barbecue hosted by her wealthy parents. A tornado ripped through the celebrations soon after, scattering any evidence to the four winds.

When her real name is exposed and the truth behind the fiction revealed, Bellamy starts receiving threats. The novel for B
Barbara
Nov 04, 2012 rated it liked it

Bellamy Lyston Price's sister Susan was murdered at their father's company picnic in Austin, Texas 18 years ago. A teenage boy, Allan Strickland, was convicted of the murder but Bellamy is still haunted by unanswered questions and writes a novel to expunge the incident from her mind. When the best-selling book is revealed to be based on a true story many people with something to hide - including police, the prosecutor, relatives, witnesses, etc. - get antsy about the renewed publicity and Bellam
Crista
It's been awhile since I struggled to finish a book as much as this one. After reading the sensational book Lethal, I had high hopes and expectations for this one. Unfortunately, this one fell way short.

The chemistry that was so scorching and believable in Lethal was missing in this book. I love romantic suspense novels, and I would concede that it is difficult to find a book that can balance both the romance and the suspense plots equally.

Low Pressure tells the story of a woman who is trying t
Vintage
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Audio of book with Stephen Lang once again. His rendition of the heroine was a little bland and flat, but the heroine was bland and flat so perhaps that was his direction. Another well done job on narration.

The narration and some of the plot surrounding the evil-doer of a decades crime eventually being exposed amongst some contrived shenanigans that makes this doable.

3 star suspense with 2 star characters. None very likable.
Edie Houston
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I am a fan of Sandra Brown and have read most of her releases throughout the years. I find that most of her books can be classified as ‘easy reading’ in that they do not require a great deal of emotional investment and you can generally get through them in one day. ”Low Pressure” is no exception.

I, personally, prefer books that involve me a bit more. I like to have to work at guessing who the killer is and, hopefully, the ‘why’ as well. I like to identify with the heroine and I like to find the
Marleen
Sep 13, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it wasn't the right time for me to read this book, because I didn't enjoy it.
I wonder if my rating is valid as I only read the first 200 pages. Nevertheless what I read was boring, predictable and unoriginal. Mostly I didn't enjoy the characters, especially the lead female, a self-righteous, colorless, rich girl that didn't think about the consequences of her actions (= writing a book about her family secrets without giving the heads-up to all involved). I so didn't like Bellamy from the
NinaReader
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
4.25 Surprising Stars!

I ended up liking this more than I thought. It was thrilling and the story was laid out in layers and and the reveals are done slowly and by all the different characters.

This was a very well written thrilling story that I thought I had figured out but the last couple of chapters twisted and turned and my assumptions were dead wrong. I wasn't even close.

And though this one tragedy affected the lives of so many, it ends with a bit of romance and a conclusion that's hopeful.
Keri
This was more like it. I love it when SB gets in right for me. Tight, sexy romantic suspense.
Jen
Aug 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: brown, fv
Bellamy and Dent

Tight suspense plot and so-so romance. A lot of players but done very well.

Full review on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews

Sandra Brown is known for her strong romantic suspense novels. I have always been a fan. Low Pressure is the title of a book written by our main protagonist Bellamy Lyston Price and also happens to be the title of this book.

As with most other Sandra Brown books there are many players. We have our main couple of Dent and Bellamy, Bellamy’s family which in
Laylah
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Picked this up at the airport, desperate to read something. It was a perfect read for that purpose, much the same way trashy magazines are. I had hoped from the cover blurb for a bit more to it though. I figured out who the killer was three chapters in. Had not figured out the motive until half way through, but was close enough it didn't matter. The red herrings are explained almost as quickly as they are introduced. I was a little appalled at the heroine's behavior, with regard to dying relativ ...more
Maria
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
De todos os livros que já li desta autora, foi aquele que menos me cativou. Suponho que estava à espera de uma história mais centrada no fenómeno que compõe o titulo do livro (Tornado) mas ao fim e ao cabo este tem pouca relevância na trama que se desenrola. Confesso que não suspeitava da pessoa que cometeu o crime e isso foi o que salvou este livro. Mas tal não significa que não queira ler os outros livros da autora que ainda não li, pois continuo a gostar da escrita desta escritora
D.G.
Good twist at the end but I didn’t care for the heroine and how the bad guy - who was supposedly really dumb - was running amok, hurting people without the police catching him.

My first issue with Bellamy, the heroine, is that she writes a book about the murder of her sister at a time when her father is dying of cancer. WTH? Her excuse is that she wrote it under an pseudonym but who wouldn't figure out who the murder was about when it was so salacious? Pretty soon, she's discovered and all the up
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
3.5 Stars - You can always count on Sandra Brown for good Romance/Suspense. I'm such a fan of her writing and twisted plot lines with last minute shockers. While I enjoyed Low Pressure, it fell a little short compared to some of her other books. I think what it was lacking for me was the page turning intensity I associate with most Brown books - in both the plot and the character chemistry. I never completely connected to these characters nor felt the heart racing pace of other books. Having sai ...more
-ya
Jun 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sandra-brown
Even with a predictable plot, Brown wrote a tight-knit story without exaggerated twists. Unfortunately, an absence of chemistry between MCs did make them a rather dull, uninteresting couple:/
Tetty Marlinda
#51 for 2017 RC
Genre : Suspense, Thriller

Selama 18 tahun Bellamy mencoba mencari tahu siapa sebenarnya pembunuh kakaknya, Susan. Ada peristiwa penting yang terlupakan dari ingatannya pada saat pembunuhan terjadi, untuk mengingatnya Bellamy menulis buku "Low Pressure". Penerbitan buku ini menghebohkan dan membuat beberapa orang tidak senang. Salah satunya , Denton Carter, mantan kekasih Susan.
Dengan tujuan yang hampir sama akhirnya Bellamy dan Denton bekerjasama mengungkapkan pembunuhan ini.
Banya
Nicole P
My first love, Sandra Brown. Doesn't disappoint and always delivers. Another suspenseful tale where Bellamy Price tries to get closure for her sister's death 18 years prior. She writes a book in the hopes of getting clarity and peace but instead a whole can of worms is opened. She finds an ally in the most unlikely person, Dent Carter, her sister's boyfriend at the time. It was thrilling and griping with all the twists and turns, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Erin
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.

This is more of a 2 1/2 star rating with it being rounded up to three because I did enjoy the twist at the end. I think I guessed every other person the real murder ended up being aside from the person it actually was. To me, it didn't seem as obvious but that was the one thing I liked about this book, that it kept you guessing until the end. Aside from that, there wasn't much else I actually liked about it. What killed it for me was Bellamy and
Jackie
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent book.... kinda obvious over who did it. About halfway through I lost interest in the story sadly 😓
Kimba Tichenor
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
The main plot line of the book is interesting, but the "romance" is extremely disturbing, as repeatedly the author -- a woman -- seems to be communicating that when a woman says "no" to sex, she does not really mean no. However unintentional this may have been, this message is not one that we need to perpetuate in our society.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, library
Thank god no insta love here. The story was decent too. Cast of potential killers were convincing, but the actual killer wasn’t a surprise.

I don’t have a lot to say. It was a good read, lol (goodreads). But nothing earth shattering. Like I wouldn’t be like gosh I have to read another book by this author after reading this one. That prize still belongs to Mean Streak, by far my favorite SB book I’ve read to date.

But this was by far better than the last ruined by poor characterization that was un
dreamerinexile
I am so freaking tired and I need sleep but I can't put it down 4.5

So here's the deal, I was NOT sure about this story, because although it was good the book does NOT take off until the 2nd half. And boy are there twists and turns.

First of, let's get this out of the way, I looooooooove Dent, my kinda hero, bad boy and smart-ass, all rolled up in one fine package. Bellamy is my kinda heroine too, she's tenacious and brave, even though what happened 18 years ago was horrible and you know how horri
Chloe
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recently, I read Lethal my first Sandra Brown book and I loved it - "5 fabulous stars" loved it in fact. So, as you can imagine, I had high hopes for this one. I had visions of Sandra Brown becoming a new fav author of mine!

Unfortunately, this book fell way short of the mark for me. Romantic suspense? While it worked brilliantly in Lethal, it was just plain missing in Low Pressure. The main character of Dent (view spoiler)
Linda Boyd
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book kept me on a rollercoaster the entire time, I was totally surprised when I found out who the killer was and I had not idea until I was near the end of the book. Bellamy Lyston Price wrote a book about her sister's murder that happened 16 years ago and it totally destroyed their family. Bellamy could not get the whole ordeal out of her head so she decided to write a book about it and she hoped that the murder would become clear in her mind. There was 1 thing that kind of got on my nerve ...more
Doris
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was a good read..didn't see that ending coming
José Jorge
Tirando as partes super lamechas, até houve situações que surpreenderam.
İlkim
Fena bir kurgu değil ama çok uzatılmış öncelikle. Ayrıca pardon da katil başka kim olabilirdi ki?
Goodreads Librari...: correct page count 1 13 May 23, 2018 10:57PM
Sanda Brown Super...: Low Pressure 1 9 Jul 29, 2014 04:58PM
Shelf Addiction B...: January 2013 - Low Pressure, by Sandra Brown 1 7 Jan 17, 2013 12:35PM
Huntsville-Madiso...: What's New at Madison - Week of 10/22/12 - Fiction 2 14 Oct 25, 2012 12:07PM
  • The Silken Web
  • The Devil's Own (Hellraisers, #2)
  • Eloquent Silence
  • Shiver
  • Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • Reno Gabrini: A Man in Full (Romancing the Mob Boss #8)
  • Blue Sage (Western Lovers: Ranch Rogues, #2)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy
“...I have a healthy respect for gravity. The ground is always there, trying to pull you down. It's the most important thing to keep in mind.” 2 likes
“Have you ever heard of the Swiss cheese model?

In order for a catastrophic event, such as a plane crash, to occur, a sequence of events precedes it. Think of these separate factors as slices of Swiss cheese lined up one behind the other. If any one of the holes in them doesn't align with the others, the series of events is changed or curtailed, and a catastrophe is prevented."

"But if all the holes line up ---"

"The door is open for disaster.”
0 likes