Start by marking “Alien Blue” as Want to Read:
Alien Blue

Alien Blue

Bill Trout didn’t set out to get involved with aliens. He just wanted to run his damned brewery and heal up from being abandoned by his ex-wife. But that ain’t the way things worked out, and now he has some bodies to bury, an alien kid who’s wanted for murder—mass murder—to hide, and a planet to save. But Bill won't go down easy.

Fortunately, the aliens, who are a blue ooz
Published February 20th 2012 by Wonderland Press

To ask other readers questions about Alien Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alien Blue

David King
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
“Alien Blue” by DeAnna Knippling is a rather complex Science Fiction story that tries to incorporate elements of humour in a manner reminiscent of Douglas Adams. The plot itself followed the arrival in a small New Mexico town of an alien (inside a human surrogate) called Anam. His arrival unveils a potential conspiracy by his fellow aliens who are trying to convert all of mankind into their surrogates. When bar owner Bill Trout is pushed into hiding Anam from his fellow aliens, he soon finds him ...more
Rochelle Campbell
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it

Alien Blue by DeAnna Knippling is a complex little gem of a story. There are so many plot twists that occur and keep occuring straight through to the end of the book. You read on in wonderment, What will happen next?

Briefly, (on the surface), Alien Blue is a story about aliens coming to Earth and going to a small town in New Mexico (near Roswell). These aliens came thousands of years ago and tried to harvest humans -- unsuccessfully. Another alien was sent but this one, somehow, had Mankind's be
Indie e-books
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
“Bill has a problem – drawn into an alien conspiracy and dithering between getting rid of the problem that is… Anam, or pretending that it’s not happening in what could very well be the last days of a free human race. It appears that a strange brew might be the only solution.”

The premise for this book certainly is unique. It is not a serious, ‘aliens are going to take over the world’, kind of science fiction – there were times I was reminded of Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams as various quirky
Jenn
Mar 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Alien Blue is definitely a different story than I am used to reading. I read very little sci-fi and this one has all the makings of science fiction. I did laugh quite a bit in the beginning. Bill, the owner of the bar, had quite a few good one liners. In the beginning. However, as the story progressed he didn't seem as funny any more.

There were quite a few characters to keep track of. I found it difficult to keep Mel and Mimi straight. They were completely different (Mimi was a teenager and Mel
Catherine
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
DeAnna Knippling creates some unusual characters and situations. Alien Blue demonstrates real talent for descriptive phrases. She is an up-and-coming author to take note of. While there was a Vonnegut air to this, and perhaps a manic touch of - dare I make the comparison - Hunter S. Thompson, I had trouble staying engaged in the action - and there was plenty of action. I put the book down. Having said that, I eagerly await her next novel. She's going somewhere, I just know it. Darned if I can fi ...more
Marilyn
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: it-s-okay
I do enjoy some sci fi stories and movies. I favor the likes of H.G. Wells in the sci fi department. This one is completely different from the genre that I like. I found it hard to follow and there were way too many characters. Sometimes their last name is used and then later their first name. This made it confusing. I can honestly say I will not be getting the follow up book on this one. Although I did like the premise of the blue alien beer. Very creative.
Pruitt
An Alien Invasion story of a different color. Blue to be specific. Definitely the first story I've ever read that ultimately becomes about with Blue Beer. If you're interested in something a little different regarding Alien Invasions, this one might be for you.
DeAnna Knippling
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am, admittedly, biased.
Karen
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: aliens
The first half (at least) of the book is very good. The last half... Yikes. It was like a different author picked up the book and decided to turn it into something else. Completely lost me.
Matt Kelland
May 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi, comedy
Sci-fi comedy is really hard to pull off. This one didn't work for me: nothing wrong with it, just wasn't to my taste.
Izzy Samaluk
Mar 02, 2012
Josh Chandler
Feb 24, 2015
Heather
rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2013
Apollis
Jul 13, 2015
Dan Brainard
Dec 25, 2015
DeAnna Knippling is a freelance writer, editor, and designer living in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA. She has published short stories in numerous publications, including Black Static, Big Pulp, Crossed Genres, Penumbra, and more. She runs her own micropress at http://www.WonderlandPress.com.