Start by marking “Immersed in Pleasure (The Original Sinners, #0.8)” as Want to Read:
Immersed in Pleasure (The Original Sinners, #0.8)

Immersed in Pleasure

(The Original Sinners 0.8)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,031 ratings  ·  132 reviews
The Manhattan Mermaids: Believed to be the most beautiful women in the city, they entertain wealthy, powerful men in an exclusive club called Fathoms....and are all virgins. Derek Prince doesn't believe they really exist, until he meets the stunningly sensual Xenia. She drives him wild with desire, but giving in to temptation means losing her position at Fathoms. Derek is ...more
Published March 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Immersed in Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immersed in Pleasure

really liked it 4.00  ·

Pam
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 delightful tail stars

Don't let the size of this tail fool you, because while it may be small it's still delivers a unique story that entices your thoughts and desires. The Manhattan Mermaids are just one of the many temptations that the notorious Kingsley Edge offer, they are to be believed the most beautiful virginal women, taunting the wealthy and powerful men of New York. They're unimpressed with wealth and powerful making them even more coveted.

Immersed in Pleasure is the story of Derek P
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“I don’t want a girl. I want a mermaid.”
- Derek

🧜♀ * * * 🧜♀
“- Your tail will then disappear. And shrink up into what mankind calls legs, and you will feel great pain, as if a sword were passing through you. -
It’s from The Little Mermaid, the fairy tale. It’s what a mermaid feels when she becomes a human woman. Great pain. Derek, I’m ready to be a human.”
- Xenia
~ Becs ~
How much do I love immersing myself back into Tiffany Resiz’s delightfully deviant world that simmers gently, secretly beneath the hustle and bustle of New York.

This is the story of that wicked Frenchman Kingsley Edge’s club Fathoms – a club where incredibly beautiful women swim around naked on display for the very privileged clientele. Oh, and one of the conditions for their job is that they are all virgins. Once they lose their virginity, they must hand in their mermaid pendant and leave – hym
Brenna
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Manhattan Mermaids. Believed to be the most beautiful women in the city, they entertained the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world.

Another short, 50 or so page story about the crazy haps that go on in Kingsley’s underground.

This is the story of the Manhattan Mermaids. It is told by Derek as he sits in one of Kingsley’s clubs talking to his friends.

“Don’t care. Skip to the good parts.”
“Every second with Xenia was a good part,” Derek said, feeling the truth of the statement in his
Michelle
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the last of the connected TOS story I had left to read. And although we only get a glimpse or two of Kingsley – I really loved the idea of this story. That man, he has the best ideas for debauchery!

This was a quick short by the queen of kink, Tiffany Reisz that ties in an exclusive underground club – not one meant for sex – but for something so elusive that the wealthiest can’t even get their hands on it. Purity. The most beautiful woman, untouched. Within reach, but unobtainable.

For f
Kimberly Carrington-Fox
3'5. Sale Kingsley pero realmente no tiene nada que ver con Original Sinners
Anya (~on a semi-hiatus~)
Jan 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: potty, disturbing
This book was baaaaaad. Not in the obvious sense but the creepy factor was off the charts. It was like an amalgamation of The Little Mermaid and Anne Rice's The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty but less rapey. But that's not saying much. @_@
Mada
Dec 26, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Immersed in Pleasure was disturbing.
This is a story about young girls who sit around naked flirting with rich, midlle aged man, all the while pretending what they do is better than what strippers do.
Derek really is a "prince". He lusts after an innocent 21 years old girl just because she is a virgin who doesn't have the emotional baggage of ex boyfriends like the rest of the women, who are clearly unworthy of his love.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
In Kingsley's world a girl is considered innocent even though she spends her
Brenda
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-own, sweet-romance
OH MY GOD
4.5

I have seen the name "Tiffany Reisz" so many times since I signed up on GR...
Especially "The Original Sinners series" I have read nothing but excelent reviews.
Naturally, I got curiosity but now I'M SCARED literally because when a lot of people talk SO POSITIVELY about something I get excited and then I have HIGH expectations and usually when I have high expectations, I just end disappointed...

Even though, I thought "50 pages? bahh"
I ended like
What the fuck was that?? THAT WAS SO G
willaful
Although set in the same world as Reisz's other work, this is more overtly romantic than the other stories I've read by her. Derek Prince falls in love with Xenia, a professional "mermaid" on display at an incredibly exclusive club; part of her employment contract is that she must retain her virginity. Since Derek is a prince of a guy, it all works out okay. Based a little bit on Anderson's "the Little Mermaid" but far more on the movie of the same title, this is sweet, wonky, and more than a li ...more
Danny Tyran
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm, erotica
Barbara
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it

This was a quick read, but I did enjoy a spicy story told from a man’s perspective. A book with the right amount of steam to make it a sexy getaway.

Personally I wanted to know more about Kingsley in particular. The man is so enigmatic! I find him more interesting than Derek.
I would have like a little bit more development between Xenia and Derek!

Overall I'd recommend it!
Nancy Brady
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Little Mermaid, revisited

The tail of a fish story is Reisz's mermaid story of Derek and his mermaid. All the classic erotic sensuality she brings to her Original Sinners can be found in this short story of virginal mermaids who work at Fathoms, a Kingsley Edge club. Definitely spicy, definitely fun reading.
.Karéz.
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another Fresh beautifully Written Short Story. :]
Letitia
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rating: B+ ... Heat: Sizzling

Xenia is a Mermaid. A Manhattan Mermaid—not quite the mythical creature with fins instead of feet, but no less a fantasy and completely unattainable. So when Derek Prince happens upon her while drinking at a club, he is awestruck by the woman with wet hair sitting at Kingsley Edge’s private table. And she seems to be equally captivated by him.

Once Derek follows Xenia through the club’s door marked Employee’s Only, and enters the hidden club of Fathoms where the Merma
Maria
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet, but hot!!!
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Nope.

No me gustó nada.
Love, Holly Xx
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was hesitant to read this because I didn’t think it would really interest me, but of course, I’m an absolute idiot. Tiffany Reisz has the power to pack so much into such short stories, and they leave you both completely satisfied with how it ended, but also constantly wanting more.
Beanimous
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and steamy.

Its perfect in every way. I have not read anything by Ms Reisz that I do not like, yet.

Perfection all around

Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As usual I love all things Tiffany Reisz. All things that have anything to do with Nora, Soren & Kingsley. This being a mythically erotic story from the world of Kingsley Edge. God does this French man have a wonderful life. Even without Soren Or Nora in the story, the mere mention of the priest had my attention. Kingsley & now mermaids, wow what a wonderful concept.

The erotic scene of Kingsley being the one to take one of his virginal mermaids innocence was so hot. There is something ab
Rhonda
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it

A HOT rendition of The Little Mermaid!

I read The Siren By Tiffany Reisz several weeks ago, and have since devoured anything by her I could get my hands on.

Kingsley Edge owns an assortment of “Underground Clubs” and one of which is the Fathoms in Manhattan. This is where there are rumored to be some of the most beautiful women in the city, but they aren’t just women, they are Kingsley’s Mermaids. These mermaids entertain the most elite and powerful, and they are unattainable virgins. Most don’
Vidya-BooksAreMagic
*** Thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin for providing this ARC for review purposes. ***

Well, so short, so sweet, so much fun and so very hot!

Derek Prince meets two of his friends in a bar and decides to tell them about his encounter with the mermaid, Xenia. Derek first meets Xenia at the same bar and after some initial uneventful moments, Derek sees that she is different and tries to follow her. But the man who accompanied her, stops him, and says that she works for him and if he wishes to see, he
Apr 24, 2012 rated it liked it
At Fathoms in Manhattan, the city’s most beautiful women are employed and given the mysterious titles of mermaids. The women are tattooed with special metallic ink, wear special mermaid pendants, and are all virgins. Getting into Fathoms is next to impossible, so when Derek Prince finds himself in the elite club, he’s not only intrigued by the secret underground club, but the beautiful Xenia as well. Soon Derek finds himself unable to resist Xenia and struggles to keep his hands to himself. If a ...more
AnnaLund
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Andrea Guy
This was really different from the Spice Briefs I've read. Most of the time when I read these shorts, I wonder how you can pack so much sex in about 20-40 pages. This story didn't do that.

It is told as a story by Derek, and through him you see an unusual club in NYC and you meet Xenia one of Fathom's mermaids.

Tiffany's writing style reminded me of Anais Nin. I can't give an author a higher compliment. The sex was steamy, but not raunchy. I like that in erotica. There was a sensuality to the sex
Erin
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Yet again... I might be starting an unhealthy obsession with Tiffany Reisz ...her short stories are so much more than your average erotica quickies. The way she intertwines the characters from story to story and how she infuses sex in every part of the plot without consuming it is brilliant! This one felt a bit more romantic than some of the others and I couldn't have enjoyed it more!
Emily
Legend has it that the most beautiful women in the world are in Manhattan, they are known as the Manhattan Mermaids, all virgins and all reside at an exclusive club called Fathoms.

Full review on Cata Romance
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Aug 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley-books
I don't want to say I didn't like it, but it wasn't great. Not much to the story. A retelling of a relationship by a guy to his friends. I wanted to know more about the people and more about this club.

It just didn't do it for me.
MaryReadsRomance
Enjoying the back stories a lot. A friend loaned me this and several others in the series for free so my expectations may not be as high as if I paid. As a standalone - a nice erotic short story - but not exceptional as the 1st Sinners Book.
Sabrina
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow!! Really hot and sexy! And Kingsley... I love him!! Cant wait to read the next novella!
BR: Immersed in Pleasure & all other free reads on the blog BR 14 9 Jul 07, 2014 06:55PM
Sinners & Sirens ...: Immersed in Pleasure 5 39 Jul 29, 2012 08:55PM
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Yesterday's Tomorrows
  • Down and Dirty (Viking II, #7)
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
  • Demon Marked (Demon Bound, #2)
  • Limits
  • Calling The Shots (Long Shots, #4)
  • Justin (Tales of the Shareem, #6)
  • With Love in Sight (Twice Shy, #1)
  • All I Have (A Farmers' Market Story, #1)
  • The Seduction Hypothesis  (Science of Temptation #2)
  • Crossfire of Love
  • The Catalyst (Preternaturals, #3)
  • Drain Me
  • Lost and Found
  • Mastering the Ride
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • Partner Games (Games, #6)
Tiffany Reisz is the USA Today-bestselling author of the Romance Writers of America RITA®-winning Original Sinners series from Harlequin's Mira Books.

Born in Owensboro, Kentucky, Tiffany graduated from Centre College with a B.A. in English. She began her writing career while a student at Wilmore, Kentucky's Asbury Theological Seminary. After leaving seminary to focus on her fiction, she wrote The

The Original Sinners (10 books)
  • The Siren (The Original Sinners, #1)
  • The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)
  • The Prince (The Original Sinners, #3)
  • The Mistress (The Original Sinners, #4)
  • The Saint (The Original Sinners, #5)
  • The King (The Original Sinners, #6)
  • The Virgin (The Original Sinners, #7)
  • The Queen (The Original Sinners, #8)
  • The Chateau (The Original Sinners, #9)
  • Picture Perfect Cowboy (The Original Sinners, #10)