Start by marking “Death of a True Love (The Airith Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Death of a True Love (The Airith Saga, #1)

Death of a True Love (The Airith Saga #1)

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
“Love is selflessly giving your breath away to allow someone else to breathe.”

The dramatic story of two lovers named Airith and Rapha; both cyborgs created to kill one another, who end up falling in love and causing the world to be scorched by The Sadness. In the end, one love will give their life away to save the other.
Paperback, 1, 64 pages
Published February 28th 2012 by Createspace (first published February 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Death of a True Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death of a True Love

Kassel Garibay
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't let go this book, it was too flawless, too perfect. Even when it was short it was so complete. The cyborgs were so human.
I am really happy Bryan let me review this magnificent story (:
Linny
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Review on Linny's Literature

I was lucky enough to recieve this book from the author in exchange for an honest review in one of the Young Adult Reads group's "Read to Review" events.

With the story of two star-crossed cyborgs in a dystopian future world, each sharing half of one heart that they both need in it's entirity to survive, Airith - Death of a True Love certainly had an original and intriguing story premise. And being a novella (it took me roughly an hour and a half to read the whole thi
Elsa Carrion
Apr 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Thank you Bryan for the chance to let me review your story. I have not read a love story quite like this and I liked it. When I read the synapsis I thought...hum I wonder how much cyborg parts do they have?.... It was nice to see that the two characters are still more human than not. It just made it a little more real to visualize. I thought the story was good but it was short. I also was a little lost at times because at the beginning of each chapter the time frame changed, it was like he had f ...more
Jeannie Walker
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY

Sometimes a love is so powerful that it curses those who dare try to tame it. And so starts the beautiful love story of Airith and Rapha. They are cyborgs, who were created and destined to kill the other, but end up falling in love, which in turn causes the world to be scorched by The Sadness. You have to read this novel to find out the ending.

The author says he is not a writer, but a person with a story in his head that plays out day in and day out. I must say I think he
Carla Latham
Apr 13, 2012 rated it liked it
I received this book in the Goodreads book giveaway.

This book is a novella so it didn't take me long to read. The story takes place in the future and the two main characters are cyborgs who share a heart. Even though they are cyborgs, they seem more human than machine. I have never read a love story like this before. The premise for the story is very unique and I like that.

It was hard to follow some of the chapter changes. For instance, chapter one is "Today", chapter two is "23 days ago" and c
.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*:
This is a read 2 review novel. I received for free from the author in exchange to read and review it.

it was an engaging read, very fast paced, very full throttle. i never got bored once, however it might have been better if it was more than 60+ pages, so much was crammed and an majority of the story was told to us, rather then shown. I did wish there was more interaction between Airith and Rapha. (view spoiler) The characters were an bit unde
Melanie
Normally I am not a big fan of novellas - since they are so much shorter than a regular novel, there is less time to fully develop the characters and plot line. Airith felt like a complete story, with fully developed characters. Also, I am normally not a fan of present-tense writing, but it gives an urgency to the story that made it an engrossing read. The switch back and forth between past and present was a little disconcerting, though.
Rebecca dunagan
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-books, most-people
this was an interesting book. not the best, not the worst. i liked the charecters, but not how in one chapter it was today, the next 542 days earler. to much flashback. though the author apears to have lots of tallent. but, you can tell, no offence, the author has not writen many books.
Liz
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Unfortunately, this story suffered from several grammar errors. I can forgive a few here or there, but given the length of the novella, there were simply too many. I would have liked to see less "tell" as well. This could be attributed to the style, but too much of anything is not usually a good thing.

That said, the structure of the story was interesting, with the chapters jumping forward and back to different points in time (measured in days). This was cool at first, but as it continued through
Jane E
Feb 02, 2016
Bryan
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Patti
rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2017
Bryan
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Stephanie Parray
Vivian Paris
Dec 20, 2012
Fire
Jan 10, 2013
I’m not a writer; I’m just a person with a story in my head that plays out day in and day out. The only way to make it stop is by getting it out and sharing it with you.
More about Bryan Butvidas...

The Airith Saga (2 books)
  • Cacoon (The Airith Saga, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
  • Tales of the Hidden World
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Love is selflessly giving your breath away to allow someone else to breathe.” 20 likes
“Love is when you’d rather see someone one last time and die, than never see their face again.” 14 likes