Start by marking “The Gate 2: 13 Tales of Isolation and Despair” as Want to Read:
The Gate 2: 13 Tales of Isolation and Despair

The Gate 2: 13 Tales of Isolation and Despair

...a young man tries to build a better life while trapped in a mall after a plague has killed off most of humanity... ...zombies overrun a world gone mad, leaving a boy with no choice but to rely on possibly mystical means of escape... ...Halloween night brings out a darkness so threatening that a young couple's only hope of survival may be a procession of strange, ghostly ...more
Published February 2012 by T.R.O. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Gate 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gate 2

Start your review of The Gate 2: 13 Tales of Isolation and Despair
Amanda
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting anthology that I found due to the Giveaways program. I didn't win that giveaway, but it was cheap enough on the kindle that I figured on trying it. A lot of times I felt so sad reading this. The subtitle doesn't lie -- the focus clearly is on isolation and how people deal with it. And some stories worked better than others, as usual.

Don't miss: "Plastic," (J.L Bryan), "Night Night," (Daniel Pyle -- featured the best twist in the whole anthology), "Dead Things" (Michael Cra
Greta is Erikasbuddy
15 short stories that focus on themes of ISOLATION and DESPAIR. 13 authors gather together to tell the tales of what they believe best suits this theme. Each tale is also accompanied by a illustration which I felt was very unique.

Below are my views on each tale. Some are great, some I didn't quite understand, and a few were just plane awesome.

If you love short stories with a mix of tragedy, sci-fi, paranormal, apocalyptic, and contemporary then this book is for you. There is something for everyo
Jaidis Shaw
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Gate 2 is a compilation of 15 short stories that share the theme of isolation and despair. I was interested in reading this anthology because I have read stories from some of the authors included and others I have on my to-read list. The authors included in this anthology include J.L. Bryan, D.P. Prior, Daniel Pyle, Michael Crane, Steven Pirie, Robert J. Duperre, K. Allen Wood, Mercedes M. Yardley, David McAfee, Joel Arnold, Benjamin X. Wretlind, Dawn McCullough-White, and David Dalglish. I ...more
Randi
Mar 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was a good read. The title speaks as to what you will find. I am used to reading more horror based books however liked this book overall. I would not mind reading more from some of the authors in this.
The Grim Reader
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another really good collection

This is another great collection of dark fiction. Perhaps give it a miss if you want to be cheered up. As the title suggests, no laughs here. A really good read though if you like the darker things in life.
Jack

Jan 26, 2013
Rawwrrr It's Jaaadee (:
Aug 20, 2012
Robert Duperre
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
John Boden
Aug 18, 2018
Ashley Elise Elise
Sep 24, 2012
K. Wood
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kelsey
Apr 29, 2014
Joni Graves
Feb 03, 2015
Dawn
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Meaghan
Jan 31, 2018
Stephanie
Jun 09, 2015
Born on Cape Cod and raised in northern Connecticut, Robert Duperre is a writer whose main ambition is to create works that defy genre. His first novel, "The Fall: The Rift Book I" is now available in paperback and for the Amazon Kindle.

Robert lives with his wife, the artist Jessica Torrant, his three wonderful children, and Leonardo, the super one-eyed Labrador.