Start by marking “Avenging Annabelle” as Want to Read:
Avenging Annabelle

Avenging Annabelle

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? For Jim Fraser, the line between right and wrong disappears when he seeks to solve his daughter's disappearance and have his vengeance on the one responsible.

A Canadian logger shares an especially close bond with his daughter Annabelle after spending several years caring for her while recovering from a life-threatening log
Published November 7th 2013 by WPaD Publications (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Avenging Annabelle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avenging Annabelle

Sheila
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sheila by: Felicia A
This is one of those books where the phrases "couldn't put it down" and "kept me up late into the night" are the honest truth for me.

I started the book one evening, and read about 25% of the story. The opening chapter hooked my interest, and then the more detailed story started. On the second night, when I continued reading the book, I honestly could not put the book down! I had to know what was going to happen, and I read until late in the night, just to finish it.

A great mix of horror, paranor
Loraine
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a free download for my Kindle. I thought I would read the first chapter quickly one afternoon to see what it was like. I ended up reading about 25% and only stopped because I had to start on dinner! Once my son was in bed I was eager to get back to it and I ended up reading well into the night just to see what was going to happen.

This was a gripping read and an absoloute page turner. Chilling, well described, strong characters and enough twists and turns to keep you guessing. There is a

Su Yin
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Avenging Annabelle has a mix of paranormal and psycho thriller all rolled into one. Starting with a gripping nightmare, the author pulls us into the story with a thorough job at profiling the key characters, then speeds up all the way to the final climax. The plot is well developed, with layers of intrigue and horror unveiled at just the right time to make the reader think he/she knows what is coming, only to be surprised and shocked at new revelations. A riveting read
Rute Canhoto
A.K.
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read some sneak peaks of "Avenging Annabelle" long before it was released, but even these snipits didn't prepare me for the finished book.

Mandy White has written a story that compels you to read through the night, if necessary, just so you know how the story ends. She approaches very sensitive subjects with grace and decorum, never becoming more graphic than absolutely necessary to propel the story along. Her descriptions of the characters, as well as the surrounding locale
Karrie Scarbrow
This book was fantastic. Not the usual book I would read as I love reading chick lit books but I was spellbound by this novel.

I didn't want to put the book down until I had found out what had happen to the little girl and then I couldn't wait to find out what the ending was like. The ending was nothing what I thought it would be, it was better.

I will be recommending my friends to read this, favourite so far this year.
Mike Cooley
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another book I read in 2012 and loved. This reads like an agonized descent into madness. The characters are well thought out, and the internal conflict of the main character is front and center. The plot has enough turns and twists to keep you on your toes. Very dark. And all too real. Great stuff.
Rebecca
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a free book through Amazon for my Kindle. It was a very fast read and an absolute page-turner!!! If you can ignore some editing bloopers, then you will find it very well written. The author does a fantastic job of describing the bond of a man and his daughter. Loved this book!
Felicia A
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
YAAAAAYYYYY! Another editing project is now a published book! Don't miss out on this tight, complete story of a father and his daughter and their special bond.

Sam
Jun 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dreadful. The book primarily tells you everything that's going on. I don't need a book to list events as they happen, or to list to me the reasons why something didn't happen. A unique idea, I suppose, but the execution was clumsy and confusing.
Lisa
Jan 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have some criticisms about this book although I read it through and enjoyed parts of it. The characterisation of the husband and wife were good and their relationship touching but I felt some of the violence to be excessive and the point might have been better made with less. Especially in the disposal of 'Doug'. I was a little disappointed in the end as I thought they had been through so much that maybe the horror would be over, but there you go. The book would have benefitted from some editi ...more
David Rose
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wickedly clever tale of the vengeance of a broken father. A little gruesome in places, but one would expect that, given the subject matter. Some unexpectedly explicit sex (married couple), just a little but it seemed slightly gratuitous to me (in the sense of not being needed for the story). Good characters, especially Jim, and Annabelle was also particularly well drawn. The setting and logging work were convincing, and the pace was perfect. Mandy White is very, very good at drawing the reader i ...more
Betsy
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it
I was intrigued with the opening and wanted to see how the story developed. Unfortunately it didn't hold my attention for long and I had to put it down for long periods of time. However,I was determine to finish reading the story and it did get better halfway through but I was some what disappointed with the ending.
Bernadette Mcgoldrick
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Twisted

This is a good twisted tale of abduction and murder, too descriptive in the beginning, but stick with it for a different ending to most of these type of stories. It would have made a good 'Twilight zone' story (or am I the only one who loved those growing up?)
Donna Wilkins
ok this book took a while to get into and I nearly gave up. I am glad I finished it. It's odd and a bit supernatural but could not figure out if he was mentally ill from the accident and brain damaged or if they were ghosts.
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a surprising book! Not what I thought it was going to be! A fast read for me because I was on the edge of wanting to know what happened next! Lots of twists! I also enjoyed the family dynamic and connecting with the characters. Highly recommended!
Lynn
No stars utter rubbish.
Kim
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
currently reading this on my tablet. has been good so far
Brandon Jones
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome story. reminded me of the movie "the lovely Bones" but much better.
DiAnne
Jul 22, 2014
Diane Johnston
Aug 30, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Canadian horror author Mandy White currently resides on Vancouver Island. She may often be found lurking in the forest, daydreaming dark thoughts that inevitably come to life in print.

Her work often features Canadian characters and locations; she delights in twisting her everyday surroundings into weird and disturbing tales. Caution: if you happen to cross her path, you may find yourself in an upc
More about Mandy White...