Start by marking “Abstract Realism” as Want to Read:
Abstract Realism

Abstract Realism

3.15  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Tonio, an artist of some renown, is in self-imposed hiding after having been attacked and left scarred. Now Tonio’s only contact with the world is his sister Jessie, who is also his agent. She implores him to do more than spend his time at his studio or in the park where he sometimes goes to draw. When his paintings go on display at a gallery, Jessie convinces Tonio he mus ...more
Published March 31st 2012 by Silver Publishing (first published March 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Abstract Realism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abstract Realism

Genre: m/m romance/suspense
ISBN 13: 9781920502515
Rating: 4. Hearts

Abstract Realism by Edward Kendrick

Edward Kendrick has written a short novella called Abstract Realism, it is well written, the plot and character description’s are good the story flows so well you don’t stop reading till you reach the end.

Abstract Realism is a story of a man named Tonio who was brutally attacked one night and is living in f
Tam
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
This review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews.

This is a readable if rather predictable little story, but I had issues with what I consider common sense factors. Tonio was attacked and cut, as it says, by the lover of a guy he’d just met. However despite knowing it was acquaintance’s lover, he doesn’t tell the police, simply because he doesn’t know the guy’s name. He leads them to believe it was a random attack. So rather than give what information he has, he chooses to give nothing. And t
Serena Yates
Mar 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
Short and intense, this is a story about conquering fear and finding love where, and when, you least expect it. The mystery around who is threatening Tonio is interwoven with Tonio’s attempts to return to a normal life after he was attacked – not that he wants to return to it. Luckily, his sister and the owner of a local gallery don’t let him withdraw.

Tonio is an artist and his reaction is to isolate himself so he can feel safe again. Since he doesn’t know who attacked him, he doesn’t even tell
Elspeth
May 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mmr
Improbable and ignorant story, returned for refund.
Vio
Mar 27, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I liked it and the MC's were good together but I would have enjoyed this much more if the relationship had time to develop instead of the instant love type feel to it. Tonio was believable as the emotionally scarred artist trying to recover from a brutal attack it worked for me. One problem I did have was how Tonio kept vital information to himself about his attackers instead of informing the police I would have been mightily pissed. He didn't do himself any favours with his silence as
Melanie
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars

Reviewed for Joyfully Jay on 5/28/12

Tonio, a renowned painter of abstract realism, made the mistake of accepting an invitation for a movie date from a man he had just met at a gallery opening. The man's jealous lover savagely attacked him with a knife. Now scarred and traumatized, Tonio rarely leaves his studio. His only contact with the outside world consists of his sister, Jessie, who is also his agent. With a gallery holding a new show of his paintings, Jessie finally talks him
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
3 1/2 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Tonio is terrified that the man who attacked him before will come back to finish the job. But, as time passes and he starts to feel relaxed enough to begin to live his life the phone calls start. Jonam has his own security firm and offers his help to Tonio to put a stop to the man’s torment.

A well written novella that I found to be quite enjoyable. Tonio is still recovering from the psychological effects a
Meggie
Mar 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This was enjoyable short novella. Tonio is emotionally scared artist. His behavior was understandable, if we consider what happened to him. After being attacked and left scarred, Tonio lives now as a recluse artist who seldom going out. Tonio meets Jonam in the park, not knowing their path will cross again at the gallery opening. Their first meeting was like a fate. Short but present.
The storyline was enjoyable enough, but I didn't feel the connection between Tonio and Jonam, even if both of th
Katy Beth Mckee
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Tonio is overcoming the affects of a terrible attack that was not random. Jonam is attracted to him and when he realizes Tonio might be in danger he gets very protective.
V
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not for everyone, but for sure, it was perfect for me.
Gigi
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read last spring. Don't remember much other than it was about a man and his bodyguard and I enjoyed it. Will need to re-read.
Amy
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
3.5 stars. I really liked this story, it had just the right elements in it to make it a short and sweet read. I'd have to say this book is the second best of Kendrick's books.
Rosemary
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars rounded up to 4.
~RMG
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Angelmira
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cops, contemporary
It was a good story. Likeable characters. Interesting plot. Well written. But i read many similar books like this and it hasn't the extra spark i was looking for.
jules0623
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
The story didn't seem to flow easily but I can't put my finger on why. It just seemed to struggle along. And there was very little chemistry - physical or emotional connection - between the MCs.
Blackheart
Apr 17, 2012
Isabelle
Apr 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Born and bred Cleveland, I earned a degree in technical theater, later switched to costuming, and headed to NYC. Finally seeing the futility of trying to become rich and famous in the Big Apple, I joined VISTA, ending up in Chicago for three years. Then it was on to Denver where I put down roots and worked as a costume designer until just recently.

I began writing five years ago after joining an o
More about Edward Kendrick...