Start by marking “Visual Reading and the Snowball of Understanding” as Want to Read:
Visual Reading and the Snowball of Understanding

Visual Reading and the Snowball of Understanding

3.16  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
1. Related link
#-1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_re...

2. This book introduces the method of visual reading.
In addition to transforming you from a vocal reader who can only read 150-240 words per minute to a professional reader with reading speeds of 400-600 words per minute, the method can boost your reading comprehension and memory skills.

The author believes there
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 105 pages
Published February 5th 2012 by Cheese Cake & Linco Global

To ask other readers questions about Visual Reading and the Snowball of Understanding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visual Reading and the Snowball of Understanding

Nicolette
This was an interesting read, although not really what I was expecting. I was looking for a book on speed reading and what I got was a book about visual readers (which I already am). I was pleased with the fact that I now have a lot more information about how the brain works with reading, but no change in reading speed. I imagine that this would be a really great help for people struggling with visual reading, but it isn't something that everyone needs.
Christine
Mar 17, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a great book that discusses the benefits and scientific basis for speed reading. The main idea I picked up out of this book was that speed reading is supposed to allow the reader connect the author's thoughts in a network so that they can be considered in new ways, which I thought was cool. The downfall of this book, is while it describes methods and their good and bad points, it doesn't actually teach you his full improved system, which is to come out in an ensuing book.
Karen
Mar 03, 2012 rated it liked it
In thinking that reading faster and comprehending more would be a great idea, I must not have the ability to do so. I'm a verbal reader(saying the words in my head) and will have to practice a great deal to not read that way.
What does it all mean.... I need to read more!!!
Jeff Bettger
Feb 27, 2012 rated it liked it
So I just read this book. It has a great idea, and claims that with practice we can read over 400 words per minute. I am going to try the technique and see what happens. It makes sense and seems to be feasible. The biggest thing will be the discipline to do it.
Susan
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Encouraging and inspiring -- but will take practice.
Paul
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Unlike others that got this book for free, I paid the full $2.99, and let me tell you, I don't regret it one bit. Like other reviewers have mentioned, this isn't a how-to or course on speed reading, but rather an explanation of the science behind effective speed reading. Like others also mentioned, the author does make reference to a book he intends to publish containing an actual method to follow for learning speed reading, but that doesn't mean this book isn't worth reading. It's quite the opp ...more
Anita
First the pros:
1. It was free on my kindle.
2. It references Evelyn Wood, the queen of "Reading Dynamics." I have several stories/experiences where my life and hers have touched.
3. I believe there is a lot to getting away from being a vocal or sub-vocal reader.
4. I believe comprehension often improves with speed. Too many of my students have forgotten what the first words of the sentence were by the time they have decoded the end.

The cons:
1. The Vulcan mind-meld with the author of a book sounded
Thomas McGuire
Feb 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting, though finding time to practice and reading on touch sensitive devices might make things a little awkward.
Rick
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it
It was okay. There's always a catch.
Shahavez Kiani
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book on speed reading. Great for anyone who wants to better understand how we build a mental picture and develop comprehension after reading a passage.
J.j.
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Interesting, but didn't do as much to help me actually learn techniques of speed reading as I would have hoped.
Rebekah Mcgovern
May 15, 2014
Dena
Oct 29, 2014
Karen
rated it did not like it
Feb 26, 2012