Start by marking “The Legend Thief (The Hunter Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
The Legend Thief (The Hunter Chronicles #2)

The Legend Thief (The Hunter Chronicles #2)

Sky thought he had problems before, when his uncle disappeared, his family moved to an odd new town, and he kept the world's deadliest monster imprisoned. But now, the entire Hunters of Legend are coming to Exile to kill him. Turns out he needs the same friends that he kept in the dark to keep safe, to stop an unspeakable evil from wreaking havoc on the world.
Published March 5th 2013 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

AlixNicolee
Jun 27, 2013 AlixNicolee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
PG for violence and some gore.

Never before have I read a more messed up book... and enjoyed it.

In this sequel to Return To Exile, dead people return, and presumably dead people who were alive in the last book make their appearances as other characters, thanks to the creative yet horribly annoying Slippery Wick Brew.

There are more monsters than before.

The battle between good and evil, light and dark, monster and man, Sky and - well, sadly - the whole town of Exile, is at its peak.

Now, time for ra
D.J. Butler
Jul 10, 2012 D.J. Butler rated it it was amazing
The adventures of Sky Weathers continue, and become more dangerous. If it weren't enough that the ill-famed Hunters of Legend, under their suave-but-brutal leader Morton Thresher, have come to Exile specifically looking for Sky, the nearly-mythical father of all edgewalkers, Bedlam is also on his way. When he arrives, nothing will ever be the same again. New riddles to solve, more traps to escape, more monsters to face... it's everything Return to Exile had, cranked to a new level!
Platte Clark
Jul 10, 2012 Platte Clark rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-reader
The adventure continues for Sky and his gang of weapons-building monster hunters. Plenty of twists and turns, monsters, and high adventure. Yes, your kids will love it, but so will you -- smartly written and tons of fun. I was lucky to read an ARC version before the official publication date. If you're not familiar with the series, jump in. And for the many who enjoyed Return to Exile, everything gets notched up in The Legend Thief, so hold on tight.
Aelvana
Dec 30, 2014 Aelvana rated it really liked it
Sky Weathers is not having a good thirteenth birthday. What may be the entire rest of the Hunter community has now shown up in Exile, with the express purpose of killing him. Bedlam, an ancient and terrible monster who was sealed long ago by Solomon Rose and Alexander Drake, is trying to get free. And by all accounts, he's headed for Exile. And Sky, who has both the Hunter's Mark and the Eye of Legend, may be his target.

Although it's been a while since I read the first book, Return to Exile, it
Gina (My Precious Blog)
INITAL THOUGHTS:

3.5 Rings

Full Review to post on the MY PRECIOUS BLOG: www.thecallawyafam.blogspot.com

This is a great follow up to Return to Exhile (Book #1). With a much faster pace, this book picks up a year after book #1 ends. E.J. Patten builds on his original story, bolstering the characters, who all benefit from being a year older and wiser. Sky continues to experience the same feelings of wanting to protect his friends, he strongly believes no one should be hurt on account of him. This att
Steven
Jan 23, 2014 Steven rated it liked it
Eh not sure why i gave this book a 4 but yeah BEWARE SPOILERS ARE IN THIS REVIEW!!!!!!!!!

Well okay i like the book and the story line and the abilies and everything. BUT.... i mean seriously over the past year Sky hasn't learned anything except Edge walking while i mean look how far Errand has gotten... and omg sky turns him down to go to the academy does he always wanna be weak and pathetic?? this book series could be so good if only sky could progress and get stronger but nope.. i guess he's n
Ellie
Sep 12, 2013 Ellie rated it really liked it
This sequel to Return to Exile is just as good as the original. E.J. Patten made the stakes high in the first book, so to equal that, he really had to pull magic out of the hat to raise the urgency level in this book. Apparently Patten is a sorcerer! He also manages to strike a great balance between humor, action, suspense, and drama. Sky, the main character, is loyal, clever, resourceful, nerdy, and slightly messy. (I can relate to that!)Patten addresses the quandary of heredity or environment ...more
*Amelia*
Jul 09, 2016 *Amelia* rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series!
I found The Legend Thief to be even better than it's predecessor, which is saying something. This book just pulls you in. There isn't a single page that isn't either rivetingly full of action, fascinatingly full of suspense, or just plain out hilarious. Or in quite a few cases, all three. (And yes, I know rivetingly and fascinatingly aren't real words. Had to use them anyway. Or maybe fascinatingly is a word, spellcheck doesn't seem to have a problem with it.)
I didn't think t
Burningfeather
Feb 22, 2013 Burningfeather rated it really liked it
I bought this book sorta on a whim after I had bought the first one. I hadn't read this one before but I decided I might as well buy it since it was summer and I was needing reading materials. Good book, sorta lagged a little from the first at least that is what I think. I didn't NOT see what came at the end. I saw who that man was going to be, but did not guess about the one lady (whose name eludes me right now and I don't really want to spend the time searching for it [maybe this is why I shou ...more
Amy Barr
Apr 04, 2013 Amy Barr rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-books
So if you've read all the Harry Potter books, and are desperately waiting for the next Percy Jackson book ("House of Hades", October 8th, 2013) I recommend trying the Hunter Chronicles. "The Legend Thief" is book two in the series and is an action packed adventure where our hero, Sky, is trying to figure out who to trust, how to save his friends and family, and if he can ever be more than what other people have tried to make him. Once again, if are looking for a fun adventure similar to the Harr ...more
Amy
Apr 04, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: mykidbooks
Anne Gilbert
Sep 25, 2013 Anne Gilbert rated it it was amazing
I love this series but the ending to the legend thief is hoping there's a 3rd book to the series the hunter chronicles because of what really happened to sky and errand and is phineas skys uncle and what really happened and is errand good or bad and especially at the end when alexander drake appears and ursula appears and is asking alexander drake where her son is and I'm not sure who her son is or what the plan is for errand and sky but I'm hoping that ej patten continues with the series and wr ...more
Anthony
Aug 18, 2012 Anthony rated it really liked it
4/5 Stars
Originally Reviewed:
18 August 2013
This book was originally read and reviewed some time ago and did not receive a proper review. Creating a new review today would not reflect the thoughts I had at the original time of reading, therefore, an updated review for this book does not seem likely in the future. In the case of an updated review, or of a rereading, this review will be updated with the new review.
Charity
May 05, 2014 Charity rated it really liked it
Loved this. A great follow-up to the first book, with the story getting richer and deeper, but still retaining the humor of the first one. One thing I love about these books is that the adult characters are just as interesting and have just as compelling stories as the young characters. It reminds me of Harry Potter in that regard. After the way it ended, I'm dying for the third one - here's hoping it comes out soon.
Heather
Mar 13, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
What a ride! Seriously, I definitely wouldn't survive if my life were a fraction of Sky's hectic world! I enjoyed this second installment of the series, especially getting to know the characters better and having a few of my questions answered. But now I still have questions!

We enjoyed reading this book aloud at bedtime. It was hard to stop at each chapter -- my kids wanted more!
Vanessa
Jun 03, 2013 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
4.5 stars. I enjoyed the Legend Thief more than Return to Exile, and I had really enjoyed the first. Reading a second book in a series can always be a bit scary because often you find things going down hill rather then leaving you satisfied. That is not the case here. E.J. Patton had a lot to live up to and he delivered. I look forward to a third book.
Lissa
Jun 09, 2014 Lissa rated it it was amazing
Definitely liked this book better than the first. Don't get me wrong. The first one was good. This book digs a little deeper and the story line is richer. Definitely leaves you with more questions than answers.
Littlewolf
Jun 04, 2015 Littlewolf rated it it was amazing
Amazing series! I loved Return to Exile and this book didn't fail my expectations. His writing is very detailed, inspiring me to write a nice passage in the novel I'm working on. This is very action based and had my head spinning trying to figure it out the whole way through!
Samantha
Sep 26, 2013 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhhh, this book was so good!!! The creatures and the suspense throughout the book keeps you interested the entire time. But sadly the book ends in an agonizing cliffhanger and the next book doesn't even have a title.... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY! D:
Kitty
Apr 03, 2013 Kitty rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I liked it. Nice second book.. I do not like the names of the kids who fight with Sky. Both books begin slowly then suddenly take off with no slow down till the end.
Lars
Jul 28, 2015 Lars rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Two-dimensional characters.
Weak plot.
No development - our hero continues run about, screaming and being scared
Hope
Weak plot.
Xyleen Qien
Jul 16, 2015 Xyleen Qien rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, yesh
The epilogue is the most mindblowing part °□°

Not enough Errand

Kyle Benich
Jan 17, 2016 Kyle Benich rated it it was amazing
Need a third book!
Teen Department Homewood Library
Read & reviewed for School Library Journal - not published till December 2012.
Echo
Feb 05, 2015 Echo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing and around every page was a new adventure!
Child960801
Jul 16, 2013 Child960801 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novels
Also complex and confusing, like the first one. The building mythology is fascinating, however. Can't wait for the next ones.
B.
Mar 08, 2013 B. rated it liked it
As with the last book, the world mechanics and concepts were original and sometimes really fascinating, but the stylistic choices in the actual writing can come across as repetitive or just mediocre.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Samuel: Thunder in Paradise (Samuel Adventure, #3)
  • The Guardians of the Hidden Scepter
  • Glory From on High (A Banner is Unfurled, #3)
  • The Adventures of Dod, Book 1
  • Becoming Isaac: The Next Potter of Niederbipp (Remembering Isaac, #3)
  • Coming Home (Band Of Sisters #2)
  • Escape From Zarahemla
  • Line of Fire (Autumn Rain, #4)
  • Curse of the Broomstaff (Janitors, #3)
  • Prelude to Glory, Vol. 8: A More Perfect Union
  • Sands of Nezza (Adventurers Wanted, #4)
  • Into the Light (sequel to Out of Darkness)
  • Sounding Forth the Trumpet: God's Plan for America in Peril--1837-1860
4892080
In April 1974, a beautiful baby boy was born at a small hospital in Mesa, Arizona. E. J. Patten (“Eric James”) was in the next crib over.

The first story he ever wrote involved a strange ad, a Laundromat, and a bowl of chili; thankfully, it was never published.

He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Media Arts, and a Masters in Business Administration from Brigham Young University. He currently res
More about E.J. Patten...

The Hunter Chronicles (2 books)
  • Return to Exile (The Hunter Chronicles #1)