Start by marking “New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)” as Want to Read:
New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)

New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel #3)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  4,373 Ratings  ·  198 Reviews
In the first installment of New Moon, Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires: the Volturi.
Published April 23rd 2013 by Yen Press (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about New Moon, please sign up.

Jessica (priceiswong)
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
#TBRTakedown Day 3 - been wanting to read this one for a while. I think this was better than the Twilight ones... Wish my library had the second part!
Eric
Here is what I have to say about this. Regardless of whatever my feelings are on the matter or what I say, clearly the cow is going to be milked no matter what else is going on.

If this still has the super lame font bs going on and horrendous balloon placement again I promise I will only give this a cursory glance at the bookstore and won't even try anymore. It's a graphic novel folks, get creative... It does. It's clear they don't even need to try. This will still sell like crack and no one will
Ave
Jul 23, 2012 marked it as to-read
OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!

I'M RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE LIKE AN EXCITED MUPPET!!!

I had NO IDEA they were going to continue the Twilight Saga in Graphic Novel form past the first book!!!XXDDDDD

These graphic novels are sooooo beautifully drawn. It's the only decent book-turned-graphic novel out there. Seriously, the people who did Vampire Academy, House of Night, and Hush, Hush should be ashamed of themselves. And I'm terrified of what they're going to do to my beloved Mortal Instruments and The Infernal De
Oceana
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was thoroughly enjoyable. Since vol. 2 doesn’t exist, I think I’ll finish the story with the actually book 😍
.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*:
So Young's gonna do the rest of the series? O.o I thought it was just gonna be the first novel...Oh well, i trust her anyways.

EDIT: 6/7/12

Whoa, cover's out already. I really like it but compared to Vol 1+2's beautiful meadow background, this one's kinda simple but fitting to the original book covers.

AND I'M CALLING RIGHT NOW ON VOL 2 EDWARD IS ON THE COVER AND BELLA'S ARMS ARE REACHING TO HIM EVEN THOUGH THIS COVER LOOKS LIKE SHE'S WITH JACOB.

*If Young is actually doing this, Then that's amazing
Kirra
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
So...this was really boring. I read the first two graphic novels years ago when they were still current but at this pace, I think it's better to let them go. Two things annoyed me in this graphic novel. First, this story is boring, I hated New Moon in the first place because of the stupid "gets broken up with and becomes an emotional zombie" plot and the amount of Jacob so it's not the fault of the graphic novel but even a book compiled of mostly pictures and little text couldn't save that awful ...more
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)
Although I'm not really a graphic novel person, I AM really enjoying the Twilight ones! It helps me to remember the actual BOOK story versus the movies. The illustrations are really quite amazing and they capture the key elements of what happened in each installment! Can't wait for the next one!
Christina
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVED ALL the books.. loved the series... wept for weeks with bereft when they were finished... need I say more?
Kushnuma
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I quiet enjoyed reading this as New Moon is one of my favourites from the Twilight series. But I found it really annoying that Bella just couldn't seem to live without Edward at first.

It also refreshed my mind after a long time...
Artiom Karsiuk
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Now pay attention, because this review gets tricky. I am a 25 year old heterosexual (I shit you not) male and I love these graphic novels. Why? Because fuck you, that's why.
Jenn
Not really a whole lot to review since it's just New Moon in comic form. but I will say one thing, the artwork is just beautiful in these graphic novels and the main reason I will keep buying them.
Kirsty
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love the art work in these.
Archit Ojha
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
I've been following the series for a long time. I'm enjoying it very well. Illustrations are lovely.
Andre
Aug 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Believe it or not, but I had completely forgotten that I had ever read this book. I only noticed when I saw it in the library, wanted to read it to see how it was adapted this time and then saw here on Goodreads that I had already read and reviewed it. It is that forgettable.

Back then I read this in the bookstore, it is that short and uncomplicated.
Credit where is due: the graphic novel is way less annoying than the original book and the art is for the most part acceptable (except for the wolves
Erlynn (BooksHugBack)
New Moon is my favorite of the Twilight novels. It is not because of Jacob, but because of the angst and torment Bella goes through, before finding redemption and Edward at the end.

I love the drawings in the graphic novels, especially Bella and her expressions and even her hair. However, I wasn't feeling the emotion and wreckage that I felt with New Moon or even the feelings that I experience with the the graphic novels of Twilight. It had the same great pictures and I enjoyed every minute of th
Amber Smoke
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I sat down at the library today, resolving to read a few short books and lay my eyes on this. I haven't read the twilight (first book) graphic novels but I loved the look of this one and it looked like a quick read. I zipped through it and it has stunning artwork - Young Kim should be very proud and I want to steal her art skills so bad! It retold New Moon (part 1) in a clear, capturing way that presents the characters better somewhat more than the books and films. There are bits in colour and I ...more
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

If you enjoyed Volume 1 and 2 of this then you'll love Volume 3 (Volume 1 of New Moon) !!

The drawings are FABULOUS!! I wish they were all in color but the black and white was cool.

And I found myself rooting for Jacob in this. He's such a nice guy. Not trying to push Bella away... well, except there at the end ;)

And just so you know, you wind up ending at the part where Laurent gets torn apart by puppies. And oh! Sam is sooo much more cuter in this. Ugs! I really didn't care for actor S
Farah
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
I feel really cheated , this graphic novel is 160 pages ONLY so why is New Moon divided into two volumes ? the story felt really rushed but I wouldn't have minded that if they just finished the whole thing ... I mean since you're rushing the story then you might as well put it all in one volume because a graphic novel that takes a year to come out should either be way longer than 160 pages or should be completely finished with the story .. this is ridiculous.. it feels too greedy for me , two ...more
Chey Horvath
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you love the twilight series this is an amazing edition to compare the books & movie and really get to see the characters come to life. *****Side Note: I feel like we will never get the 2nd New Moon Graphic Novel and probably never get the entire series in graphic novel form and it is terribly upsetting.*****
Holly Noelle
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Just like the first graphic novels, this was beautifully done with fantastic pictures. New Moon was actually my favorite of the Twilight series so to see it come to life visually was stunning.

This is one of those books that I'm glad I own in hardcover and while not the most incredible story, this was well done and beautiful.

I can't wait to read volume II.
Becky Johnson
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've never been a completely big fan of new moon and the characters showing the readers that your life basically ends when your boyfriend dumps you blah blah. I do love the wolves and the artwork is phenomenal.
Chloe
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I didn't even bother looking this up since I didn't think they were gonna make it!!! Personally, I think the characters look WAY better in this book than they do in the movies. That's why I'm all excited. The cast that never was as I like to call em. (I'm not a Twihard at all!)
Danyka
Apr 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Only watched the movie but I want to buy and maybe read the book :)
Lanette
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love the graphic novels for the Twilight Saga...the art is so beautiful!
Deann
Some dialouge seemed off, unless i just need to reread New Moon. But drawings are gorgeous.

Disappointed about the delay. New release April 23, 2013.
Missy
Cover Interpretation: I don't like it. It's too blank. And why is Bella sparkly?
SmilingDork
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
More Retarded!
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Όχι... δεν το δέχομαι... το αγαπημένο μου βιβλίο της σειράς μεταφέρθηκε με πολύ μέτριο τρόπο σε ένα novel που για μια ακόμη φορά -πολύ κακώς- σπάστηκε σε δύο μέρη, σπάζοντας και τα δικά μου τα νεύρα.
Neens Bea
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, 2016, 2017
Can't wait for Vol. 2 - but it looks like I'll have to be patient for a whole year...
The Nooks of Books: New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel #3) 1 3 Jan 29, 2015 04:18AM
New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1, 2 13 Jun 02, 2013 02:02AM
Hardcover or Softcover 1 10 Aug 28, 2012 01:00AM
  • Shadow Kiss: A Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Werewolf Rage (Taming the Wolf, #2)
  • Just a Dream (Carolina Pack, #1)
  • Shadow Kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • Riley's Curse (A Moon's Glow 0.5)
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 2 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 2 of 4)
  • Autumn (Dog Days #1)
  • Blood of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #2)
  • A Month with Werewolves (A Month with Werewolves #1)
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #2)
  • A Match Made in Heaven (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #8)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #3)
  • Rescued by the Alpha (The Shadow Pack Rules, #4)
  • House of Night #3 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Made for Each Other (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #2)
I was born in Connecticut in 1973, during a brief blip in my family's otherwise western U.S. existence. We were settled in Phoenix by the time I was four, and I think of myself as a native. The unusual spelling of my name was a gift from my father, Stephen (+ ie = me). Though I have had my name spelled wrong on pretty much everything my entire life long, I must admit that it makes it easier to Goo ...more
More about Stephenie Meyer...

Twilight: The Graphic Novel (5 books)
  • Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2  (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #4)
  • Eclipse: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #5)