Start by marking “Crazy on You (Lovett, Texas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Crazy on You (Lovett, Texas, #2)

Crazy on You

(Lovett, Texas #2)

Return to Lovett, Texas, the setting of Daisy's Back in Town, in this smart and sexy new story from Rachel Gibson, the New York Times bestselling author of Rescue Me and the Seattle Chinooks books.

Lily Darlington's been called crazy in her day-and, yeah, driving her car into her ex-husband's living room probably wasn't the smartest move ever made-but the louse deserved it.
Published May 1st 2012

To ask other readers questions about Crazy on You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy on You

Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance Novella

Cute read and I loved the hero! I mean seriously...A hot, sweet deputy ex-Army soldier who’s confident enough in his masculinity and innate, rugged sexuality to lavish affectionate attention on a clingy, purring black cat named Pinky and make her a kitty condo, teach his neighbor’s insecure son how to shoot hoops in the driveway, and be honest and open about his feelings toward an older heroine? Yowza and yes, please!
Anne OK
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Good to return to Lovett, Texas and catch up with Daisy's younger sister, "Crazy" Lily. Nothing crazy about the 38 year old single mom these days. She owns her own home now, drives a new Jeep, and owns her own business. Still bugged by her ex, Ronnie, who still hasn't grown up and taken on the responsibilities of fatherhood to their 10 year old son, Pippen. There's a new Deputy in town named Tucker and he's 8 years younger than Lily. She doesn't want to be the center of the gossip mill again by ...more
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone. A good "comfort" read.
12/30/2014 -- Re-read

Not a huge fan of short stories, but love this author. This really was a complete story in few pages. It didn't seem rushed and I was sorry to see it end. My original 4 Star rating stands.

Overall Rating = 4 Stars
Story / Background Story Development = 3 / 5 = 4 Stars
“Did I like the Damned Th
Tammy
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm bouncing back and forth between 3 and 4 stars. Such a hard decision to make sometimes!

I've always had a love/hate relationship with Rachel Gibson's books, but this one was cute. Too bad it wasn't a full length novel - I would have enjoyed a little more character development.

I loved the storyline. Loved Tucker. Loved Lily and the fun glimpses into her past. Even liked her kid, although I'm not a big fan of kids in romance novels.

My issue is with the weird descriptions and play-by-play the aut
ShoSho
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: x-2018, contemporary, elib
A great 3 star book!
Norma
This was just meh for me. I love Rachel Gibson, so I give her lattitudes I wouldn' give other authors. I do enjoy novellas and Iknow what to expect when reading one. However, I honestly felt like I missed a chapter or two in this book. TO the point that I went back to check when I was done!

Both the H and h are great, likeable characters. I would have rooted for them regardless. But the pacing was off and left me scratching my head. Instead of a fast-tracked romance, as you often find in a novell
Ian
Dec 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary romance
3.5 Stars

Lily has a reputation. The town's folk of Lovett, Texas still refer to her as Crazy Lily even though she walked away from her wild days of partying many years earlier. When a new Sheriff's Deputy arrives in town they are immediately attracted to each other, but she is worried that if they have a relationship it will cause problems for her 10 year old son.

Crazy on You is a short and cute novella you could knock over in a couple of hours. It's an easy and entertaining book but felt a lit
Kady
Nov 26, 2013 rated it liked it
This one goes after Daisy's Back in Town.
This was too short to really tell a complete story. It was cute though. I wish it was a full-length novel! I need some more Rachel Gibson books!
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
***Copy provided by Avon Impulse for review***

Rachel Gibson is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite authors and the main reason why my blog isn't YA only. When I first started to get into reading again 5 years ago, the first book I read was Rachel Gibson's Truly, Madly Yours. From then on, I knew that Rachel would be on my MUST-read list and I rediscovered my love for books. To this day, Truly, Madly Yours is still my favorite book of all time. I've read it 7 times so far and it seems like it gets better
Margaret
Aug 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
I know when I read Gibson's books I am getting a light-hearted, quick read with quirky characters, fun antics, and lots of laughs. For me, this book just didn't deliver.

Lily worked hard to ditch the title "Crazy Lily" which she earned back in high school. That title followed her in her married years until she finally came to the realization that she was better off without the jerk husband that left her penniless with a 2 year old to take care of. She worked hard to build up to owning her own sal
Holly
This was just ok. The short page count didn't allow much for character or relationship development. While Lily was fairly well fleshed out (maybe because she was introduced in Daisy's back in town), we didn't learn enough about Tucker. That he went from "hmm, Lily might be crazy but hot" to "i want everything with you" after one conversation didn't make sense.

I did laugh a couple times and I thought it was sweet how both Tucker and Lily dealt with Pippen. If there hadn't been a declaration of l
Elle
May 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: texas, shorty
I didn't much care for this. I liked the characters and their personal 'demons" but I didn't feel like it played out well. If felt more like a book from ellora's cave or one of the other more erotic publishers. It felt a bit like Gibson was trying too hard to be 'sexy-hip' or something.

Bit disappointing.
HappyRuth
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great love story. I read this book on board. The DB number is.
DB90368.
TheGeekyBlogger
Requested on Edelweiss
Overall Rating: 2.50
Story Rating: 2.50
Character Rating: 2.50

First thought when finished: I think I would have liked it better had I read the whole series instead of just the novella.

Short Review for a short book: I am going to be honest and say that this novella just didn't work for me. I didn't realize it was part of a series (which I actually think I would love) so I missed the character development of Lily. I think if I had that I would have liked the novella more but th
Barb
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I know i've said before, you can't go wrong with a Rachel Gibson book. Well this one was no exception. It is a continued series book of Lovette Tx. Someone new is brought into the area. Crazy Lily isn't crazy anymore. Her sister is still happily married. Her mother still talks nonstop about people and places no one knows. But Lily did buy a home right beside her mothers. She now owns and operates a 'spa'. Has her cosmotology license, and is running in the black. Its' been a long hard road. Now e ...more
Darcy
It was nice to see crazy Lily not so crazy with this book. I also loved seeing Pippen more grown up and normal. For some reason I saw him being more like the crazy Lily.

Tucker was interesting right from the start. I loved how he was smitten with Lily from the start and went for it. He sure didn't give Lily much chance to think too hard about things with them. I loved that he talked straight to Lily about what he wanted from her. I was surprised that she was so gun shy, but happy to see her chan
Sarah Welch
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed this one... But then Rachel Gibson Books are always enjoyable. Loved Crazy Lily Darlington and her young cop hunk neighbor. Found myself rooting for her and especially for him throughout the book. And identifying with her crazy... I woulda been crazy if my husband did what hers did...
Hollie
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
This made for a decent short romantic read. It had an insta-love feel to it but still managed to be a quick and cute read with a touch of humor and passion. I liked that the heroine was 38 and the hero 30.
Tashia Brandenburg
Jul 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
Good quick read (under 100 pages on my NOOK). It could have been a little longer because as a result of the less than 100 pages I didn't get as connected with the characters as I would have liked. They had great potential!
Keri
This was a fun short read that I wasn't ready for it to be over. Tucker was sweet and darn sexy...I would taken him on anyday.
Mareli
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this little story of Daisy's sister, crazy Lily! LOL

She's a good mother, very protective of her son and she and her boy deserve a good man.

Short but good.
Tami
Aug 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
This felt short and insubstantial.

More on tami.booklikes.com
Say
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2012-reads
I didn't know this book is part of a series. Though you don't need to read the first book to understand this one, so I guess it's ok. This was short but enjoyable read. Deputy Tucker.....HOT!
Jenna
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
I liked this book :) It was easy reading and perfect for a summer day on the beach!
Julie Barrett
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Crazy on you by Gibson_ Rachel
Story starts out with a woman who runs her own hair salon, lives next door to her mother and she is raising her 10 year old son.
He's obsessed with playing basketball to get good enough so his father will attend his games.
Story also follows the new police man in town who lives next door to them and he's got his own obsession.
Like how he helps the boy with his game and techniques. He also takes on her showing up in unsuspecting places.
Hot steamy sex scenes for this
Danielle Gypsy Soul
3.5 Stars. I adored Tucker (what's not to love) and I liked Lily. This was a fun, romantic book with a basic plot of two people meet and are immediately attracted to each other. The heroine is very "gun shy" about a relationship and the hero has to convince her to give them a try. Nothing out of the ordinary but well written. Although it didn't have as much humor as I've come to expect from Rachel Gibson. Still for as short as it was it was well done and enjoyable.
Jeanne
May 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Feel like this one was kind of phoned in. Guy sees a woman caring about her son. She’s hot. So he falls in love with her. She’s divorced and older and he’s handsome. Which means it’s okay if he walks in and starts kissing her and, obviously, they’ll fall madly in love.

No reason besides proximity and mutual good looks to develop a relationship.

I’ve enjoyed other books by this author, but not so much this one.
Sheila
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sorry fans of the series because this is not one of Gibson's better ones. I am not a fan of books that repeat the same back story to use as filler and she barely goes into any depth of the characters. But since I've read them out of order I can state in my opinion, the next one (Rescue me) is worth the read.
Kerrie Cass
Feb 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very rushed, not much of a story

Could have been so much better as daisy is back in town is one of the best Rachel Gibson books and this was revisiting Daisys sister Lily but it was so rushed it feels like the character has been wasted.
Kristy Owen Owen
Feel good story

I chose 5 stars because although the story was short I was hooked from the first paragraph. The characters of Lily, Tucker, Pippen and Lily's mom Louella made me love this story from the start. Thanks, Rachel, for a great story

• The Fireman Who Loved Me (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #1)
  • Willow Springs (Destiny, #5)
  • Secrets of a Perfect Night
  • Somebody Like You (Sugar Shack, #3)
  • Karma (Serendipity, #3)
  • The Cowboy Takes a Bride (Jubilee, Texas, #1)
  • Slow Summer Kisses
  • Wishing for Grace (Turn It Up, #1.5)
  • The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #1)
  • Suddenly You (Porter Siblings, #2)
  • Can't Hurry Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #2)
  • Heat Rises
  • The Accidental Cougar
  • The Sweetheart Rules (Sweetheart Sisters, #2)
  • In His Hands (Blank Canvas, #3)
  • Catch Me A Cowboy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #3)
  • Jesse  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #3)
  • Burning Up
Rachel was born in Boise, Idaho, USA. Her father worked for a telephone company, and her mother was a housewife. Idaho has the largest population of Basques outside of the Basque lands of Spain. She grew up with kids with last names like Uberuaga, Berriochoa, and Egisquiza, but years later she discovered the rest of the country didn't really know much about the Basque culture or history.

Rachel's

Lovett, Texas (4 books)
  • Daisy's Back in Town (Lovett, Texas, #1)
  • Rescue Me (Lovett, Texas, #3)
  • I Do! (Lovett, Texas, #4)