Start by marking “Mending Fences” as Want to Read:
Mending Fences

Mending Fences

She was the first woman to turn him down. CEO-turned-rancher Curran Shaw is no stranger to hard work, but women have never required much effort. When a mysterious brunette at a resort-town Halloween party sparks his interest and then vanishes, he vows to finish what she started. It's finding her that's going to be the hard part. He was her fantasy, and that's all he could ...more
Published February 23rd 2012 by Mini Gray Moose Publishing (first published February 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mending Fences, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mending Fences

Start your review of Mending Fences
Radella
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow, is about all I can say. I could not put this book down, I became so completely engrossed with the characters. Curran is the multimillionaire ex-CEO who abruptly ran away from his past to hide in the Utah mountains. Victoria is also seeking refuge in the mountains, trying to make a living while recovering from years of emotional abuse. Although there is instant attraction, they are both too wary to really give in to the mounting desire. Sexual tension runs high throughout this book, as both ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Mending Fences started out good but then it lagged for a while and though it had it good moments it never really redeemed itself. I can't say I hated it because I didn't. I really wanted to keep going and see how it played out. It was just a chore to do so.

Curran Shaw meets Victoria Linden at a bar on Halloween. They were both in costume and Curran was sure no one would recognise him. Victoria is a reporter and knows who he is. Fast forward, they meet again when Victoria is housesitting and is o
Sherylb
Started out good, got a little boring and just ended up to be an "ok" read.
Chandra
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, modern-day
*If conservative, not recommended for teens.*

SENSUALITY RATING: Yes profanity but “mildly, not strickingly” used ie. damn; Yes Euphemistic "code words but “mild” i.e. mention of an erection only 3 times; Yes sexual encounters – one

GENRE: Romance; Modern day

SETTING: Utah

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: Victoria Linden – freelance writer; low income; abused

CENTRAL MALE CHARACTER: Curran Shaw – multi-millionaire; retired from corporate life and out of public view; never married

SYNOPSIS: He received the gr
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
First Thoughts:
I've recently begun re-reading books that I'd initially given four stars to, I'd read this book for the first time around three years ago. I like to think that I read it with a blank slate because I just couldn't remember a single thing about this book, even after reading the blurb, so it was like reading if for the first time again.

What Is It About:
Victoria meets Curran at a Halloween party. Curran is masked but she's a journalist and had already interviewed him when he was the C
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
KcLu's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Mending Fences is a wonderful heartwarming book you curl up with when you want to escape into another world. Lucy was successful in making these characters believable, and getting you to care about not only the main couple but the secondary couple as well.

Curran Shaw gave up his high powered job as a CEO of his own company when living life in front of the social media got to be too much. He is happy living on his Utah Ranch, but he does get a tad bit lonel
M.J. Fredrick
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A man who's removed himself from society meets a woman with secrets of her own.

Curran Shaw is a CEO who made a spectacle of himself, dating starlets and being featured in tabloids, then he drops out of the public eye and moves to the mountains of Utah.

He encounters a mystery woman at a bar on Halloween. Both of them are masked, but she recognizes him. See, once upon a time she did a story on him. She doesn't let on, and leaves him with a kiss he can't get out of his head.

Months Victoria Linden i
Tonileg
CEO-turned-rancher Curran Shaw is a paradoxical man because he wants isolation and privacy but still have the human need to be social and in society. So he goes out disguised on Halloween night to a tredy bar so that he can have the best of both worlds, anonymity and society.
Victoria Linden is there for much the same reasons, but she avoids relationships because she was seriously abused by her last boyfriend, she has many secrets and has build a strong wall around herself and society to protect
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Curran & Victoria meet in a club on Halloween. Curran is captivated by Victoria after she plants a hot kiss on him & then leaves.

He later meets her again at the edge of his property when he goes out looking for his runaway bison who got tangled up in a barbed wire fence.

He persuades Victoria to date him - not knowing that she's a journalist. (He's gone off the grid & tries to stay away from the press.)

Victoria has some pretty ironclad ground rules about dating that she won't allow herself to br
Jen_C
3-1/2 stars.
I did not enjoy this quite as much as Lucy's other books that I have read but it was still good. Just a bit slow/dragging for me at times as far as revealing the lead characters pasts to each other. As a personal preference, I like my heroes to be a bit more alpha, but I tell you this guy could still melt your heart. He is so patient & tender with her although he does have a temper. Mostly clean as far as love scenes but some coarse language.

I love supporting a local author and Lucy
Nancy
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I very rarely write reviews because I always have a difficult time trying to put my thoughts in writing. So when I actually write one is because the story merits a review. I LOVED this book! I really enjoyed how Curran's & Victoria's relationship was gradual. I hate stories that have the characters jump in bed shortly after meeting. The sexual tension is palpable in this story. I felt Victoria's pain. This story truly is one of healing, forgiveness, and LOVE.

Definitely a MUST read!
Karen
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm blown away by the quality of content and writing skill this book (and its author) possesses. I was moved enough to send Ms. Francis a personal note, praising her treatment of some fairly serious issues.

She deals with situations in a very real way, without being preachy or heavy-handed.

The love story is also beautiful, and I definitely felt a connection to these characters.

A highly recommended read.
D.S. Williams
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely and entertaining romance, with excellent growth in the characters and an enjoyable story involving the secondary characters. Great to see the author using a gentle growth of a relationship between the characters and avoiding the the characters falling into bed with one another instantly. It was a beautiful way to write the book and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Mia Downing
My, what a great read! Curran is yummy, such a hero with understandable flaws. One can't help but cheer for Victoria when Curran sits up and takes notice. It's a definite emotional grabber! I can't wait to read the next book.
Alisa
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm not big on romances but read this book because my cousin wrote it. She did a great job! I was hooked from the start! I really enjoyed the characters and the suspense throughout! two thumbs up from me!
McKenna
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I feel in love with the Hero and felt for the heroine. This is a story about personal growth and love. Learning to trust again and learning to open up.

The Secondary Characters were just a great too.

Good quick weekend read.
Sherri
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I thought this was an easy wonderful read. I loved the Utah mountain laid back feel. The characters are like able and very real. Some of their written thoughts could have been plucked from my head. Well written and interesting enough for me to buy her 2nd book.
Genney Blass
Dec 15, 2012 rated it liked it
It was a very interesting reading. I gave it 3 stars because at the end it was very pleasant. I understand a woman that goes to a very tramatic relationship would close all her emotions to be with someone new, but it was repetive until the end. But she was strong and had to respect her self.
Leah
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book. It started out slow and I thought it was going to be one that I has to fight through, then, it was addictive. I couldn't put it down and I LOVED Victoria. She was strong and sweet. I can't say enough about the sweetness if this book.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Mar 29, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-kindle, free
Free on Amazon 03/29/2012.
Laura Miller
Apr 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Good storing but not any heat to it. Has a little drama at the end. Good for a quick easy read.
Anna
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this book in one day. it was really good. Great plot lines, great characters and quite believable. Quick fast read.
KK
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite things about my kindle is the free treasures I find, and this is one of them! A quick read with likable characters. Just about the only thing I didn't like was the pet rat. LOL!
Apr 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012, romance
A fun quick read. I enjoyed it :)
Fera Flies Free
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
Such a sweet relationship :))
one of typical romances I like ^__^
Dee
May 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, freebies
Two-haiku review:

Her abuser jailed
He runs from tabloid spotlight
Both badly damaged

Well written story
Serious, emotional
With surprise suspense
Jocelyn Berman
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
a thoroughly enjoyable read.
Jennifer Edwards
Jun 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute story. Easy to read. Loved the characters. Lots of dimension to them.
Michelle Mankin
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. Reluctant successful business man trying to remain incognito in West. The opening scene in the bar i still remember months later. Good solid read.
Elizabeth
Jun 30, 2012 rated it liked it
An easy to read Summertime romance...with enough mystery to keep the reader involved.
Goodreads Authors...: St. Patrick's Day Blog Hop - Great Prizes! 2 9 Mar 16, 2012 11:15AM

• Married by Mistake
  • Love, Unexpectedly (Wild Ride To Love #2)
  • Love at First Flight
  • Pleasure Inn: All Tied Up / All Worked Up / All Lit Up
  • All Tied Up (Pleasure Inn, #1)
  • Flames of Love (The Remingtons #3; Love in Bloom #12)
  • Stolen Hearts
  • Fall into My Heart (Subzero, #1)
  • Therian Prey (Therian Heat, #1)
  • Taken by the Storm (Ontarian Chronicles, #1)
  • The Supermodel's Best Friend (Resort to Love #1)
  • Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #1; Psy-Changeling, #16)
  • Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17)
  • Allegiance of Honor (Psy-Changeling #15)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Falling Star
  • Something in the Heir (It's Reigning Men #1)
  • Twice a Rake (Lord Rotheby's Influence #1)