Start by marking “Rabid” as Want to Read:
Rabid

Rabid

Taylor and Carl Mitchell are brothers who have taken wildly divergent paths in life. But when a mysterious virus transforms most of the Earth’s population into bloodthirsty lunatics, they must learn to trust each other and work together in a dangerous new world where the slightest misstep could lead to the ultimate consequence.

The brothers must face their innermost fears
ebook, 1, 117 pages
Published February 21st 2012 by JWB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rabid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rabid

Start your review of Rabid
Jason
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2012, e-books
2 Starts

What plays out as a somewhat decent and typical post apocalyptic zombie thriller loses its steam at the end. This is a fast alright take on the end of the world that is lessened by its weak and forced ending. If not for that, I would have rated a bit higher... Just ok.
Josh
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rabid is a fast moving novella with the feel of "28 Days Later." In my opinion this is J. W.'s best work to date.
Bandit
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Bouchard is sort of a hit and miss. Z Club was tons of fun, All The Dark Places...not so much. This novella is somewhere in between. It's an apocalyptic scenario with a very small cast, two brothers and a girl they come across. It's decent enough, the ending is quite frustrating, although fairly appropriate. The story had an episodic vibe to it, with no real explanations. That, combined with the ending, made for a not particularly satisfying experience, although entertaining enough. Nothing grea ...more
Brett Grossmann
Jun 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Mark this book as do not ever read. Just the most run of the mill zombie stuff you can get. Exposition inserted in roughly as conversation. No one talks to some one they know and says stuff like this. Ends lazily setting up a series. No surprise
Olly
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2012
After reading Cormac McCarthys "all the pretty horses" I wanted to read something easy. And "Rabid filled the slot nicely. It was short to the point and gave my brain a chance to recharge.

The story itself was... well as you'd expect. A bunch of crazy's chasing the main characters. The conversation at point was a little unbelievable. If I was being chased by a hundred or so crazy people who wanted to rip me apart I wouldn't be having a laugh and a joke!!! It also ended very quickly, I wont spoil
Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)
This novel was fast paced and easy to read. Not your conventional 'zombie' novel, yet it was enjoyable and a quick read.
The characters were likeable and relateable, whitty and smart, which was important due to the shortness of the novel.

Although it was short, it was also blunt and a little predicatable, the ending was easily predicted from less than halfway through the novel, eliminating the suspense element, rendering it just an interesting story, with no real story-line or p
Bob Suggs
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Goes for the jugular and takes a bite!!

Gripping stomp through the land of the infected. When survival is the only goal you don't have time to wait for pizza delivery!

What does that mean? I was hungry while reading the story but I skipped eating because my appetite to finish the story was more important. Fortunately it was a great fast read. If it had been a novel length I might have starved before I stopped reading.
Kathy
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
This book jumps right into the zombie apocalypse with no explanation of how it got started, how the brothers were together fighting, and left many other questions unanswered. It's not a bad story, but it's not a great one either. I would have liked to read a lot more of it and with a little more detail.
Tim Spivey
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
It started off well but tailed off towards the, disappointing end. It is a very short read and very American
Anne
Theo Van Eijden
May 02, 2017
Brittney Puckett
Dec 07, 2012 rated it liked it
very anti climatic. kept waiting for something to happen, and it never did.
Craig
Tiffany
Feb 23, 2012
Darren Denton
Nov 09, 2016
J.W. Bouchard is a horror, crime, science fiction, and children's fantasy author best known for his novels Last Summer and The Z Club. When he isn't writing, he enjoys surveying unexplored parts of Wind Cave in South Dakota, traveling to exotic locales, and teaching his kids bad habits. He lives in Iowa.

You can also find me on: