Start by marking “Witch Born (Witch Song, #2)” as Want to Read:
Witch Born (Witch Song, #2)

Witch Born

(Witch Song #2)

Brusenna thought it was finished. She defeated the Dark Witch, saving the Witches from imprisonment and death. She found love and a place to belong.

But she was wrong. A new threat merges with the old as the Witches' dark history begins to catch up with them. Only Brusenna knows the extent of the danger and how to stop it, though doing so might cost her everything.

Includi
Published September 5th 2012 by Starling Publishing (first published August 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Witch Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Born

Start your review of Witch Born (Witch Song, #2)
Amber Argyle
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Writing Witch Born took more than I thought I had to give. It's the end of Brusenna's journey (which started with Witch Song), and I'm not sure how to say goodbye. I've been wandering the house, glassy-eyed and lost for days now.

It consumed so much of my life, and now it's over.

But that's the beauty of being an author (insert evil laugh). It's not over unless I want it to be. I'll be writing a prequel about a minor character's life. After you read Witch Born, you'll know which one.

Perhaps the
Giselle
Jul 04, 2012 marked it as to-read
How gorgeous is THIS!!
BookLoversLife
Amber Argyle has, without a doubt, become a firm favourite of mine. Her writing is amazing and her attention to detail is phenomenal. She has never failed to grab me right from the start and take me on a magical, often times tragical, journey. Every one of her books has been action packed and intense. They have caused me to cry, to gasp, to shout out and to have a book hangover! This one is no different.

May contain spoilers for book 1!!

Brusenna is once again in a fight for her life. She thought
Deea (Andreea)
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G. If Witch Song was amazing, Witch Born was downright mind-blowing! Usually, I'm not one to dwell on the ending of a series; if the characters get their closure and/or their HEA, I'm OK with it and I move on; this time though, I really, really feel like stalking Amber Argyle and begging her to write more books in this world. I didn't want the story to end!!! *sob*

If you loved Witch Song, but you're worried that Witch Born might have some second-book-in-a-series-syndrome symptoms... Do. Not.
Obsidian
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I read Ms. Argyle's Witch Song novel more than a year ago and I really liked it. Her world of witches and Guardians was very exciting and I loved the thought of witches having power through their songs. There were some pacing issues that I didn't care for and a whole secondary plot that would have been more suited in a sequel since in my opinion it made the first book overly long. However, I still really liked the novel and was pleased to see that there was another novel about the world of witch ...more
Selena Yukino (The Lioness: hear me roar)
Starting this, I was wary this was going to be unsatisfying.

Well, this was unsatisfying.

I wasn't satisfied.

The main character didn't satisfy me.

The love interest wasn't satisfying.

The world building wasn't satisfying.

The character development wasn't satisfying.

Did I mention I was unsatisfied?

Because I'm unsatisfied.

I was also unsatisfied about finishing this.

To be satisfied, I will be continuing this trilogy.

Are you satisfied?

I'm not.

Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Witch Born is book two in the Witch Song series, and the last one centered around Brusenna. Senna has defeated the Dark Witch and saved Haven, but something else is beginning and she’s becoming more powerful as time goes on. It was a real treat to be able to finally get back into the world of Witches and elements, and in a different format!

There may be spoilers for book one below this!

I was a bit worried that I wouldn’t remember all that happened in the first book since it’s been awhile, but I f
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, review, favorites

The Dark Witch has been defeated and Senna is engaged to the man she loves, everything should be perfect, but it is not. Haven is not the paradise she thought it would be, Tarten is still suffering from the witches curse and there is a new threat that could destroy everything Senna holds dear.

Witch Born is a brilliant sequel which has lots of twists and turns and is much more unpredictable than Witch Song. Also thi
Steve
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a tiny bit conflicted by this book. It did pick up rather quickly from the ending of the first book, and very quickly pulled me in, and built up the action nice and fast, which made this rather difficult to put down. The build up to the climax was even better, but to my mind, the wheels fell off during the climax, and the resolution didn't help matters. I think I am invested enough in the world that the author has woven that I'll need to finish the series.
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
DNF 9% in

I’m struggling to get into this book. I’ve had this book on my TBR since 2013. I’m trying to clean out my older TBR, so I decided to dive into this book, but I’ve had this on currently reading for almost a week and I am barely making any progress. I find myself disinterested in the story, and maybe that it because not much has happened in the book so far, but I also remember nothing about the first book and I’m not sure if I’m still interested in this book. I’m dnfing it for now, maybe
Deborah Andreasen
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Second books in a series are always tricky. The first can be a home run, and the second has such high standards to meet that, on its own its good, but as part of the series its a stinker. Or, the first can be just average, nothing great, and the subsequent books get better and better. The trick is then luring readers into being interested.

Witch Born was kind of a mix of the two. Witch Song (book 1) was excellent, and Witch Born was equally awesome. We see Senna as a stronger character in a lot o
Lex
Jul 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Eep!!! I was given the eARC by the author herself... And was asked to post a review by September 5. And well, I just finished it today. Cause I said to myself that I still have time. Apparently, not true. For starters, I fell in love with the cover. It's so pretty!!!

In all honesty, when I started reading this second AND last book of this series, I can't even remember what happened in first book. Please don't kill me. I read it a long time ago, like last year. So you can't really blame me if my
Elli
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting and innovative story. Great entertaining!

In the second book of the Witch Song Series the protagonist Brusenna has much character what I have missed in the first the book. Furthermore, there was much more profoundness in the whole plot and sometimes I had really stopped reading and thinking about the difficult situations the characters had to handle.

I really like the unpredictability of the story and felt really entertained.
The end was well-rounded, so I have no idea what will come in th
InD'tale Magazine
Riding the waves of this adventure, a reader might believe that this book has been sung into being, as well!

Read full review in the 2014/2015 Holiday issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Melissa
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first, more excitement and intrigue and magic!

I think this second book was better than the first one, with lots of tense situations that you didn't know how they would get out of, powerful Witch songs, and uncertainty about how this could possibly end on a good note.

I disliked the arguments and mistrust between Senna and Joshen, but in the end they were able to grow stronger as individuals and as a couple. I was also really frustrated with the Haven leaders and the way they alway
Michealla
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Tiffany Marin
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya, paranormal, magic
Brusenna thought it was all finished when she rescued the other Witches from imprisonment and death by defeating the Dsrk Witch, Espen. She thought she had found a place of safety and love, a place of acceptance. She thought wrong. The Witches’ dark past comes back to haunt them, causing a new threat to combine with an old enemy determined to destroy them. Brusenna is the only one who knows the extent of the danger they face, and setting things right may cost her everything, even her life.

Witch
Selaya Morton
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marginally better than Book #1 although I still have my sticking points about story lines etc. I also repeat comments from previous series about overall mistakes with writing, proofing, editing, spelling, grammar etc. The mere fact that it took me four days to read speaks for itself. The most prolific example is when Senna can't "drudge" something up. A drudge is a description for an overused servant or slave. The actual vocab would be "dredge." Check it out. I think you'll see the difference.

De
Ivory Carpenter
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kanon20731
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unfortunately.... there's no 6 or more stars for me to give to this book.
So many twists and turns, I couldn't even put it down!
It's the first book ever that unsettles me and my feelings this much.
I almost couldn't sleep or do anything but think of all that happened in the story.
It's so sad that Brusenna's journey ended now. I wish it would be longer. I really love her.

Thank you Amber Argyle for this fabulous and the most wonderful journey I have ever been.
Laurie Hopkins
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping

This story bring you on a journey, up, down, love, hate fear, destruction, forgiveness, healing, it's all there. Senna has to find herself through all this and find a way to be with her love, Joshen.
Carole
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I' m préfet Witch Born at Wirch Song, I like No more bouncing and his dark side.
I loved the world that the author imagined. liked the character Senna who evolved and who won't be allowed to do and continues in his intuition. Very Good Read
Patti Ashley
Much Better

I truly enjoyed this book. The story otis still very confusing with too many parts but the characters are more developed and their actions explained.
Barb VanderWel
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Maricel
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
three and a half stars
Lisa
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a quick and interesting read. Good twists to keep it interesting.
Lita Acevedo
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very good continuation of the Witch Song series.
Amethyst Shadow
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-witches
I liked this series a lot. I would recommend it to my friends who are into this genre.
Sheila
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I was so lucky to be able to read both books, one right after the other. If I hadn't been able to, I would have gone a little crazy! I had to start book two immediately to see what would happen. I let the author know how I felt about her books when I sent her a message on Facebook, here is what I said...

"There is something missing in your books...a warning at the beginning that your stories are so addicting that you won't be able to put the book down."

When I wrote this to Amber I truly meant it.
Teno Q.
Aug 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, novels
I'm not really sure why I read this. Given my less-than-favourable and rather facetious review of the first book, you'd think I'd skip the sequel. But I had a moment of weakness and wanted to retreat into a familiar fictional world, and I'd heard that this had just been released, so I picked it up.

Well, first of all, it's absolutely true what other reviewers (Deborah Andreason, I'm looking at you) have said about needing to have the previous book fresh in your mind when you read this one. I've
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Free on Amazon 2 13 Dec 28, 2012 01:55PM

• The Ring and the Crown (The Ring and the Crown, #1)
  • Invisible City (The Joshua Files, #1)
  • Magonia (Magonia, #1)
  • The Sowing
  • Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years
  • Paths of Malice (The Venatrix Chronicles, #3)
  • Defy (Defy, #1)
  • Into the Hourglass (The Evermore Chronicles, #2)
  • Visions of Fate (The Venatrix Chronicles, #2)
  • Prism (The Color Alchemist, #1)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • The Will and the Wilds
  • The Killing Fog (The Grave Kingdom, #1)
  • When Wishes Bleed (When Wishes Bleed, #1)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • Everafter Song (The Evermore Chronicles #3)
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance #1)
  • Rising Queen (Court of the Sea Fae, #3)
Bestselling author Amber Argyle writes young-adult fantasies where the main characters save the world (with varying degrees of success) and fall in love (with the enemy). Her award-winning books have been translated into numerous languages and praised by such authors as NYT bestsellers David Farland and Jennifer A. Nielsen.

Amber grew up on a cattle ranch and spent her formative years in the rodeo

Witch Song (3 books)
  • Witch Song (Witch Song, #1)
  • Witch Fall (Witch Song, #3)

News & Interviews

“I can only control my actions, not their reactions," Senna replied. "But I have to live with both.” 19 likes
“The night was so deep the shadows seemed to bleed darkness.” 19 likes