Start by marking “False Positives” as Want to Read:
False Positives

False Positives

In 1972, a gifted student at Berkeley writes the first computer virus. When it's run on the university mainframe it simply vanishes. Thirty-five years later, a government computer system issues ostensibly baseless assassination orders, and its creator goes in search of the ghost in the machine. What she discovers is a legacy black-ops program from the Vietnam Era that is a ...more
Published December 25th 2011 by Pharos Books

To ask other readers questions about False Positives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about False Positives

Start your review of False Positives
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full Review: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

False Positives was a page turner. I found it absolutely captivating. We started off with three distinct threads to the story and about halfway through they started to twist and converge on each other. Then things really started to heat up as characters were revealed, truths learned and lies unearthed. The main leads were great and played off each other very well. The settings were diverse, we went from Tehran to Bangkok and onto the USA via V
T.W. Dittmer
This is a conspiracy thriller that revolves around a computer program being used to pick targets to be eliminated in the name of national security. The plot is nothing new, but the author adds bits and pieces from his own knowledge of how computer programs work to the mix, which sets it apart from the norm. It is put together well, in logical order, and is easy to follow.

The story begins with the much maligned Phoenix Program of the Vietnam conflict, and carries through to toaday's War on Terror
Karen
May 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
I couldn't get past the character "President George Bush" portrayed as a charming, intelligent, savvy, truthful, funny person. I could no longer enjoy the book.
Debra Martin
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Big Brother is watching you. The government is amassing great quantities of data about its citizens and feeding it all to a supercomputer that analyzes it for the purposes of weeding out anyone that poses a danger to the United States. It’s fiction, right? Who is to say, but this is the premise behind FALSE POSITIVES.

The story starts in 1973 when a brilliant UC Berkeley graduate student creates the first computer virus during a drug-induced haze. The program is loaded into the computer, but see
Margaret Tidwell
Jun 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough good things about this book. Once I started reading it I literally couldn't put it down. It is an amazing book! When I got it I wasn't sure if I would like it but in the end I loved everything about it. It is well written and I love how it ties some of what is happening in the world into the book so it seems like it could really be something that truly happened.
Doreen Dalesandro
Mr. Aleksander has a Jack Russell!
Kim Aleksander
Dec 28, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote this, so it's kinda hard to review it.
Georgia  Smoochie Cuddlekins
Jan 29, 2012
Alastair Ruston
May 15, 2014
Deborah
rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2016
#FutureArianaGrande
Apr 22, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Adding a Nook Book Edition 3 125 Apr 17, 2012 04:07AM
Kim Aleksander has worked with computer technology for over twenty-five years and holds a Master’s degree in Information Systems Management from the University of Liverpool. He was raised in California, spent his twenties in Hawaii, and moved to Asia in 1999. Presently, he lives in a jungle in Thailand with his wife, two sons, a Jack Russell terrier, and a few ducks.

FALSE POSITIVES is his first no