Start by marking “Revenge of the Loser (The Loser List #2)” as Want to Read:
Revenge of the Loser (The Loser List #2)

Revenge of the Loser

(The Loser List #2)

My name, Danny Shine, is officially OFF the Loser List in the girls' bathroom. But now I have a new problem. This guy, Ty Randall.

Ty is basically perfect, and he's ruining everything - including my reputation as the best artist in school. So I really have no choice. I have to get REVENGE.
Published January 2011 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Revenge of the Loser, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge of the Loser

Taniah
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
* SPOLIER ALERT *

Have you ever been in a situation where you have to try to ignore a person that is cool but you dont want to admit it ? Well in this book there is a boy name Danny Shine ( main character ) and in this book there is a boy name Ty Randall that is perfect in the girls eyes .The genre of this book is Realistic fiction.I rated this book 3 stars because I really wasnt into the book like I thought I would be because at the beginning of the book it started off boring.

The setting was i
Christian Mason
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The loser list #2: Revenge of the loser by H.N Kowitt. This is a story about a a kid named Danny Shine. He isn't very popular and t everybody calls him a loser. He likes a girl named Asia O'Neill but his dreams with her are interrupted when Ty Randall shows up to Gerald Ford Middle School. Danny gets jealous of his new "enemy" because he sees that Asia and him are getting along TOO well. Throughout the story, Danny tries to get revenge.
I would recommend this to a reader who likes humor in a boo
Lizzie
Wish I had realized this was part of a series!

It was really interesting to see that cool kid in school was an over-achieving do gooder. That's a change from last decade! A little slow at certain plot points, but fun, funny, and the good message at the end seems to work and is not too preachy.

The marketing of this book doesn't lie as your Diary of the Wimpy Kid/Big Nate fanatics will totally be attracted to this book's mixed media and wittiness.

daysi
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book because everything is really clear (of whats happening) and i like Danny shine i found her funny.
PSU
the main character Danny wanted to impress the girls with his new comic but then the new kid Ty came and ruined his chance with his green-a-palooza and he got mad at Ty so danny tried to ruin him by making him sing his awful music but then danny had second thoughts so he took the blame for the song so he went on stage to sing and someone helped him he couldn`t believe who helped him.do you want to know who it was? find our in the book revenge of the loser.i would recommend this book to people wh ...more
Truman A.
It was good but not awesome. I thought there could be more detail though.
Zayn Shahzad
Very good book with many characters, plot twists, and graphics!
Jessica
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***Spoiler Alert***

Have you ever felt left out when some one else much cooler came by and the people with you liked that person better? Well in this book Danny shine does because of a boy named ...Ty Randall who is caring about environment and all the girls love him. The Genre of this book is realistic fiction cause it can happen to anyone. I think this book is entertaining that it why I gave it 4 stars.

The setting took place in Danny's school. So it all started in the lunchroom when Danny was s
Meniah Dobbs
Have you ever had that one person, that one attention grabber? you know the one that steals all of your friends with good looks or maybe the way they talk like a accent? Well Danny Shine knows what its that like in the book The Loser List: Revenge of the Loser. The genre of this book would mostly be Adventure because Danny tries to find a flaw about Ty Randall, new student and the attention grabber. I think this book was really boring despite that I didn't like the jokes cause they were not real ...more
Chris
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
have you ever been left out by someone more awesome or cooler than you? Well in this fiction story Danny Shine is getting revenge on him for talking to Asia O'Neil which is Danny Shine secret crush so he starts to get jealous when Ty Randall the cool kid talks to Asia. So he plans to get revenge on him. Therefore my opinion on this book it was really good, funny and entertaining book.

Although this book mostly took place at their school called Gerald Ford Middle School. Danny shine wanted to get
Alex Fisher
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
december 7
per. 5

The Loser list revenge of the loser by: H.N. Kowitt is a story about two best friends named Danny and Jasper who have a new kid named Ty moves into their school and is stealing all of their attention. They try to get all of it back but it turns out Ty is a really nice guy who is throwing a green party for the school. Ty is about to go on stage and a really bad song he wrote and Danny id the only one who knows about it. Danny wants him to sing it but he does the right thing and
Karen Handrick
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Loser List #2: Revenge of the Loser is a humorous book that tells about how enemies can become friends. Danny is an unpopular kid who like to make comic books and just got off the Loser List. Ty is the new kid in school who is popular because he likes the environment and he is nice to people. Jasper is Danny 's best friend and they work together to get renvenge on Ty for taking away their popularity. Danny and Jasper step up a talented show to rasie money for school playground and to embarra ...more
Alejandra torres
I liked this book but I thought that It wasn't really for me, it was like for 4th graders. but anyways about that, you should read it an think if it is for 4th graders or for you? and like everybody says you should never juge a book for its cover! if you like it recommend it to other friends or family or even somebody you don't even know. then if they like it they will pays it on to other people. well in this book that there's a boy name Danny shine and his friend are trying to make a fun raiser ...more
Rebecca
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is written in a way to be very appealing towards kids. The cover illustration shows that it will be a humorous book with lots of wit and sarcasm. The writing style is perfect for this book and tells the story in a very good way. The author does a good of using great details when it comes to describing the characters introduced in the book, as well as language that is used by kids this age. It is definitely a book that young readers around 12 would be able to realte to very well. The fo ...more
Terrie
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-humor
When Danny Shine sees Asia, the girl he has a crush on, talking with the new kid, Ty Randall, not only does he get jealous, he wants to get even. Ty is a kid devoted to saving the planet and is involved in many eco-friendly projects, but when Danny hears Ty rapping, he knows he has found Ty’s weak spot. Planning a school wide talent show to publicly humiliate Ty is more work than Danny and his friend, Jasper, bargained for. Written in the journal style of DIARY OF A WIMPY KID, there is plenty of ...more
Jeff Raymond
So I found myself somewhat endeared to the first Loser List book. I thought it was a decent Wimpy Kid-esque contemporary YA book that mostly succeeded in what it was trying to do. Unfortunately, the second book in the series isn't nearly as good.

The conceit in this one is that our loser protagonist is now threatened by a new cool kid in school. The kid is an over-the-top environmentalist type, helps out all over the place, is a good artist, knows famous people, etc. So, of course, he must be des
Efe Sahinol
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dear Ms. Dansky,
Danny Shine (the main character) and his best friend Jasper had a very regular life until Ty the new kid came to their school. Almost all the girls in the school fell in love with him and even Asia (which Danny had a secret crush on)started hanging out with Ty. After a whole week of thinking what to do, Danny came up with an idea to make a talent show and he actually got it organized at the auditorium ( which was very hard). He only made this to be loved by the girls and to make
Ryand
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book Revenge of the Loser by H.N. Kowitt is about after Danny Shine gets his name off the list he is faced with a new problem this guy named Ty Randall who is perfect and a great drawer is becoming more popular and danny wants to claim that he is a better drawer than Ty to get the girl of his dreams. Kowitt uses a student tone to represent the main character Danny. I would recommend this book to middle school students because that is where it is based.
Jhoskin7
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Danny Shine goes to Ford Gerald Middle School, he wants to just become popular through his artistic skills. Although, a new kid has come to school; his name: Ty Randell. Now, Danny wants to neutralize this threat by making him look moronic because Ty is winning many awards and opportunities, some that should have been Danny's . Then Danny tries to embarrass Ty and make himself look more cool and popular. The Loser List: Revenge of the Loser's two main theme are revenge and jealousy.
Erin Sterling
It's not quite as funny as Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but has a similar feel and look and is entertaining. Basic premise of the sequel to the Loser List: Danny is no longer on the loser list, but he has a new problem: the new kid Ty is too perfect and ruining Danny's reputation as an artist, so he decides to get revenge.
Cornell Poder

This book is about two boys one was name Dany shine and another is named Ty wich he is almost good in a lot of activities.Also Dany is on the loser list .So Dany shine is a little bit jealous of Ty.So Dany plans this Talent show.Because Ty sucks at singing and then he is ashamed of himself.Also Dany is a girls boy,so a lot of girls like him.If you want to know whats next read the story!!!
Mas5thgrade2012
It was the best book in the world and he is really smart and nice the main chearector
*~1111111111~*
I thought that it was an amazing book, it was really funny and it was even better then the first loser list it has alot of comedy and it showed that being a friend was more important than anything.
~SA17
Eryn
Mar 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An okay runner up to the first book, but just not as interesting. There wasn't as much going on in this novel and that made for a slow read at times. The emotional struggle Danny bounces through isn't really as intriguing as in the first novel, so the suspense is less than stellar.
Olivia
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It is a Great book about Danny who wants to put on a talent show to raise money for a class trip to a water park. When the new eco freak kid comes to school he ends up wanting them to donate the money to charity.
Janetkankamyahoo.com
The loser list is about a boy who just wants to be popular in the school but then it gets harder for him to do that because of a new kid who is going to their school now but then at the end they work every thing out and they become friends
Nakul Kapile
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love skye blue and big kahuana water park
Valerie
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought that the book was a really good book it has a good message i recomend this book.

Caleb
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
liked it because it was a funny book.
Shamari Reddick
The thing that confuses me is why people don't really like him and he didn't even do bad playing baseball and they put him on the loser list.
wjkb
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny
Good second book of the loser list series.

• How to Beat the Bully Without Really Trying
  • Crush: The Theory, Practice and Destructive Properties of Love (Liar, Liar, #3)
  • Cartboy and the Time Capsule
  • Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Summer Vacation (Charlie Joe Jackson, #3)
  • My Life as a Stuntboy (My Life, #2)
  • EllRay Jakes Is Not a Chicken
  • Secret Saturdays
  • Odd Velvet
  • Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Writing Thank-you Notes
  • Wonkenstein (The Creature from My Closet, #1)
  • The Curse of the Campfire Weenies and Other Warped and Creepy Tales (Weenies series #3)
  • Access Denied: And Other Eighth Grade Error Messages
  • Words of (Questionable) Wisdom from Lydia Goldblatt and Julie Graham-Chang (The Popularity Papers, #3)
  • Dorko the Magnificent
  • Rufus Goes to School
  • Planet Middle School
  • Once Upon a Royal Superbaby
  • Sludgment Day (The Zombie Chasers #3)
Also writes as Holly Kowitt.

The Loser List (4 books)
  • The Loser List
  • Jinx of the Loser (The Loser List #3)
  • Take Me to Your Loser (The Loser List #4)