Start by marking “Winter of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Winter of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #2)

Winter of the Wolf

(The Wild Hunt Legacy #2)

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys paranormal, sexy ménage, and alpha male heroes who have the right combination of dominant, bad ass and scary without ever being mean… ~ Accolades and Book Burnings

After years in foster care, Breanne Gallagher has the stable life she’s always wanted, living with her foster-sister and working as a chef. Then one devastating ni

Published March 23rd 2012 by VanScoy Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Winter of the Wolf, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Maria
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jeanne No, but the first book is also set in the same town and the first book is good.

Start your review of Winter of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #2)
Sophia Triad
The second book of the series starts violently with a gory death and a rape. So, consider this a trigger warning.

“I’m Zeb Damron. Shay and I run this place together.” He loomed over her—far too much like her nightmares—and held out his hand. “You got a name?”

Breanne Gallagher (who does not understand what kind of thing attacked her) will try to run away from her old life in order to find again her inner peace. Soon, she will arrive to Cold Creek trying to discover who her real parents are. A
Happy
Apr 06, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 I was really excited to read this book. This a great author and I thought it would be awesome to read a paranormal from her. I think I would of liked this book more if I had different expectations. This isn't a witty, quick, hot read. The first half of the book is pretty slow and depressing. She's a victim trying to find a way to heal. I felt the paranormal piece had a great magical feel to it in the beginning then it seemed to flatten out later in the book. There is quite a bit on social or ...more
Jacqueline J
This one really hit the spot for me. This was a nice long shifter romance not just a short story to hang some sex on. The shifter world is complex and rational. The 3 main characters have complete backstories. The two men involved are fully realized and each is distinctive and different. Many times in shifter menage type books I wonder why the menage is really necessary and how there could be satisfaction for all the guys with just one woman. I wonder that really for most permanent menage books. ...more
Kate
First read - 09/01/2017 - 4 *
Reread - 11/12/2017 - 4*

Still good the second time around. I really enjoy this series and the authors writing. Okay yes it can be overly sweet in some places but it works.
Aly is so frigging bored
I liked the book and the characters, but something didn't click for me, I can't put my finger on what...
Laz the Sailor
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smut
I think this one is even better than book #1. There was more drama but less angst. Wolfpack dynamics are more confusing than closed-up cougars. In addition, I thought the PTSD was handled pretty well.

The build up took a bit longer in this story, but the sex ended up being hotter. There was one quasi-TSTL decision, but it was necessary for the story. And the intervention of the shifter-god was weird, which is why I don't usually like paranormal books. I got confused about the seasons and timing,
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
A new Sinclair! Yippee!

This book was good, but it had a lot of parallels to To Command and Collar. The heroine was raped then was given to the two brothers to be mentored, then they slowly brought forth her sexuality in a way that she felt safe. I'm still processing.
Melanie♥
3.5 stars. I started this one as an audiobook, but switched to the ebook. Too many names/words relevant to the world building and I had to see them vs. hear them.
Kathleen
Erotic fantasy, with wolf-shifters, cat-shifters, bear-shifters, gods and goddesses. I wanted more scenes with the brownies, gnomes, fairies, and salamanders. Dwarves, too.

3.5 or 4 stars. I don't read ménage often, but thought this one was handled well, mainly because each of the three lead characters felt fairly real to me. An absorbing shapeshifter romance, written with some creative finesse and few typos, but far too many sex scenes interrupted the flow and frankly, got boring. Still, I liked
Laurie
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, nook
First read on Mar. 19, 2014
Re-read on March 8, 2016

I loved Winter of the Wolf just as much as I loved Hour of the Lion, the first book in the Wild Hunt Legacy series. Here we have three main characters in dire need of a home and the journey they make although heart-breaking at times, is action packed, exciting, and pretty freaking hot.

Bree was found wandering the woods as a toddler so she’s never had a real family. Finally starting to find her way and make a home and career for herself, things t
Donna Bryant
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Donna at YouGottaRead.com

Whether you are interested in erotic BDSM, sci-fi or paranormal, Cherise Sinclair is always my top pick and number one suggestion. From her first published novel to the newest, Winter of the Wolf, she has left me entranced and unable to put her books down. Her characters have explosive energy, sex appeal, and magnetism. The plot is always gripping, leaving the reader in suspense over and over until the very end, with twists and turns even after you think you'
Jeanny
Sep 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this a very strong 2.5. Idk why but i wasn't overly invested in this coupling. I like Zeb & Shay & the story arc was a decent one but something about the h didn't click for me. I'm not sure if i'll continue this series. ...more
Ivy Deluca
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

description

*taps mic* um, hello. My name is Ivy and I’m a book hoarder. *looks around abashed* yes, I’m the reader who has twenty million books on her kindle and yet still trolls Amazon, looking for the next shiny and pretty. I’ll even click on links for books, excited to buy it, only to realize I’d already bought it...two years ago. Honestly, thank goodness for kindles because if not, I’d start looking like this:
description
With slightly more hair and curves, but you get the idea.

All of that to explain that
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Recommended Read

In Winter of the Wolf, Cherise Sinclair’s second in a series about a community of shape shifters in the mountains of the northwest, the reader is treated to a fun, light read about a fantasy world in which were lions, were bears and werewolves live a precarious existence among humans.

After a chaotic upbringing in various foster homes, Breanne Gallagher hates change. But change comes in a big way when her sister is killed and she is attacked b
Bea
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
You know what is irritating? I love this author. Her Shadowlands books are interesting and very emotionally intense. But this series just leaves me irritated, and yes, angry.

First off, I should say that my problems with the series (and specifically this book) might have to do with my personal preferences and not with the writing quality.

(view spoiler)
Jane Stewart
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Story and characters are good. Sex scenes are a distraction.

The sex is not BDSM like the author’s other series. It’s more traditional. One of the sex scenes is cute with him warming her cold feet. I recommend reading the first four sex scenes and skip the rest. There are about 14 sex scenes, most of them very long. They include two men with one woman and back door action. I liked the way the two men were best friends in a brotherly way and not a sexual way. They were sharing sex with her and not
Becca
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
It is tough for me to rate this book - and not because I didn't like it. No the reason is it was written by Cherise Sinclair and I can't decide if I'm holding her up to her own high standard, or if I'm rating the book on it's own merits. I'm aiming for the second and that's how a book should be rated. I keep thinking of chocolate - I love dark chocolate and I have my favorites. This book is like eating my second or third favorite chocolate. It's wonderful, but not my favorite.

Winter of the Wolf
Kelly
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've read a part of the first book and I was really interested. So when I gave it a shot and started reading this one I wasn't disappointed.

So, Breanne has been attacked, abused and traumatised by a "hellhound" (ugly-nasty beast) at the beginning and we follow her trying to heal her wounds, learn to defend herself, and found her biological parents in Cold Creek. But she'll found much more than what she was expecting to!

Zeb and Shay are wolves who doesn't like to be ordered around (Shay because
Tianna✸loves books✸
One of the hero is sitting in a bar with the herione. And the ow (yes ..he has fucked her before) is the waitress there. The ows mate is the bartender. Seeing the ow the hero's thought..

“A shame Vicki (the ow) had already bonded to Callum and Alec when he met her; she’d have been a delight to mate.”

He is thinking this in front of the heroine. Uh...oh.
What a turnoff!!!
This is Slow Romance. Both the heroes are attracted to the heroine. But they try to deny their feelings because she is human. Late
Laura (Kyahgirl)
4.5/5; 5 stars; A

This is a great example of paranormal romance. Despite the story line that was chock full of shape shifters, demons and such, the story was very much a romance. I didn't put this story on my erotica shelf even though there is more than one menage situation. Sinclair was very successful at presenting the sexual relationships as basic, loving interactions between various partners. One aspect of the story that I enjoyed was Bree's journey from being brutalized, physically and emoti
R *is for Relentless*
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ths book is an awesome read. I started reading and then could not put it down. Finally at 3 A.M. I finished! Cherise Sinclair is an autobuy for me. I have always been able to count on this author to deliver a great story. I'm so glad that she decided to write paranormal menage. She has done a great job at world building for the paranormal/fantasy fan and throw in some really hot mfm lovin'! How can you possibly lose? Sinclair can write a great story and smoking sex scenes. If this is what you lo ...more
Cyn Mistress Kitty
LOVED this story. I have always loved Cherise Sinclair's books but I was unsure if I would like her paranormal stories. Boy was I wrong, I love them and now I need to read the first in the series.
Can't wait to see what is next in the series.

Just did a re-read and love this series.
Now I want the were-bears.

Just did a re-read in preparation of the were bears. Loved it but damn, I don't think I would want to be a werewolf because a lot of their pack were mean.

Did another re-read and still love it.
A
Laura Carson
Are we getting more of this series? I sure hope so. Cherise Sinclair delivers a panty dropping sexy tale full of magic, shapeshifters, and fantastic characters. The character are memorable and thoroughly developed. The story does not lack at all for the steam factor. Another great story from an author that has won her spot on my auto buy list over and over again!
Never Stop Reading or Dreaming
Review

This story to a while to get going. And I mean a while. There was just so much in this story it made my head spin at times. But in the end it was a decent book. I've liked some of her other books more but I still liked this one.
E.J. Frost
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this whole series but I had a hard time reading this one because of the sexual assault at the beginning.
The characters are great, though, and I loved watching them come together as a family and overcome the obstacles of their respective histories.
Tony
Overall a good story, but there are a number of things that bothered me.
Breanna's background as a non-shifting shifter should have been impossible according to what the author previously has stipulated and the excuse that it's the birth-control pills messing with her nature/magic is weak. The background is a whole lot more fitting to her skittish nature, compared to Vicki's in the previous book.
Another thing that's been bothering me is the "weddingnight"-ritual of running through the forest, pla
Maxie
Jul 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Winter of the Wolf written by Cherise Sinclair

Monsters are in the closet and under the bed!! I still can't go to sleep with the closet door ajar.
Cherise Sinclair shines the bright light under the bed for you and there are monsters abound.
Winter of the Wolf is the second book in her new series The Wild Hunt Legacy. Ms. Sinclair has a very strong energy in which she directs all of her stories.

In Winter of the Wolf Ms. Sinclair her lead heroine is Breanne Gallagher who resides in Seattle Washingt
Katie Jones
I didn’t enjoy this quite as much as the first book. I guess something didn’t quite click with Zeb, Shay & Bree for me as much as Calum, Aleck Vic from the first book. Also It was a bit long & drawn out in places. Having said all that it’s very well written, parts were heartbreaking & I really can’t complain about all that fun stuff *wink wink*.

Im really torn on the rating for this one. If I could I’d say 3.5 but I’m feeling generous so 4 it is.
Chappy
I'm really loving this series. There is such wonderful character development that I feel like I really know Bree, Shay and Zeb. The first book dealt with cats so now we get a wolfie perspective.

The pack seem like a necessary thing for wolves but I didn't like the fact that crappy alphas were left to rule with no consequence. I'm happy the way things turn out.
J-J lover of books
loved this book.

loved seeing the characters develop.

Bree had a lot to deal with. finding out she was a shifter and all that comes with that.

Zeb and Shay are rough and ready, fighting to rid the earth of the evil hellhounds.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Blood Bound (Blackhawk Security, #2)
  • Bound (A Faery Story, #1)
  • Just One Taste (Topped, #2; Masters and Mercenaries, #9.5)
  • Charmed (Masters and Mercenaries #20.5)
  • Beast (A Faery Story, #2)
  • Beauty (A Faery Story, #3)
  • Fierce (Wolf Ranch, #5)
  • Butterfly Bayou (Butterfly Bayou, #1)
  • Desolation Road (Torpedo Ink, #4)
  • Rough (Wolf Ranch, #1)
  • Dominance Never Dies (Masters and Mercenaries, #11)
  • From Sanctum with Love (Masters and Mercenaries, #10)
  • Betraying the Pack (Pack, #2)
  • Submission is Not Enough (Masters and Mercenaries, #12)
  • A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
  • For His Eyes Only (Masters and Mercenaries, #13)
  • Bayou Baby (Butterfly Bayou #2)
  • Three to Ride (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #1)
A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, she’s renowned for writing heart-wrenching romances with laugh-out-loud dialogue, alpha males, and absolutely sizzling sex.

I met my dearheart when vacationing in the Caribbean. Now I won’t say it was love at first sight. Actually since he stood over me, enjoying the view down my swimsuit top, I might have been a tad peeved—as well as attracted. Bu

The Wild Hunt Legacy (5 books)
  • Hour of the Lion (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #1)
  • Eventide of the Bear (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #3)
  • Leap of the Lion (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #4)
  • Healing of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #5)

News & Interviews

“Can’t you hurry? Please?” “It’ll get done when it gets done, lady.” 2 likes
“Nice shooting, Zeb.” Zeb shrugged off the compliment and returned to instructing. “Sight with both eyes. Breathe out. Squeeze gently, like you’d stroke a male’s balls.” His lips quirked. “Oh” 1 likes