Start by marking “Falling in Danger” as Want to Read:
Falling in Danger

Falling in Danger

A journalist stumbles onto the story of a lifetime. And finds herself falling in danger…

When young, naïve reporter Jessica Brady is kidnapped and held for ransom by the head of an illegal dog fighting organization, undercover police officer Ian Cole realizes he’s got his hands full. He’s on the verge of busting the ring when he’s assigned to babysit her, which isn’t an ea
Published February 20th 2012 by Beachwalk Press

To ask other readers questions about Falling in Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling in Danger

Start your review of Falling in Danger
Lisa Filipe
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Great Romance Suspense

I actually just finished this book. Normally I like to digest it, and then give my thoughts, but this book was AMAZING!! Kaylie Newell knocked it out of the park with Falling In Danger, and with 40% of the proceeds going to The Pixie Project (which Kaylie will talk about tomorrow when she comes by A Tasty Read to chat, so come back), you have no reason NOT to buy this book!!

My only warning to dog lovers, is that some of the scenes are sad and the discussion of true
Judi
The Kindle sample sold this book. I love when that happens. I stayed up way too late on a work night reading this book and couldn't wait to get back at it.

I loved the dog fighting ring storyline. It was a change of pace from the sex slave or drug cartel storylines that seem to permeate books today.

The heroine was on the youngish side and certainly naive, but it worked for the story. And she's got pretty good aim with her Jimmy Choos.

Ian/Fitz was a good "bad guy", a great cop and I loved that h
Sharon
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
More of my reviews @ www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

I received a copy of Falling in Danger by Kaylie Newell in exchange for my honest review.

When Journalist Jessica Brady is captured by the head of an illegal dog fighting ring she does everything she possibly can to escape, not believing her father who they are planning on blackmailing will ever pay over the ransom her captors are requesting.

Jessica was a believable character, her reactions and emotions when captured were portrayed perfectly
Kimberly
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review Written for www.books-n-kisses.com

The synopsis gives you a very clear explanation about the book so I will not reiterate that but I will tell you I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. The book is very well written especially since it looks like this is only the second book by this author.

I love the male character, Ian, he has a strength about him that is written so clearly into the character it is hard not to fall for him. Jessica is great too, except I would have been happier
Kari
Jun 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, ipad
Kaylie Newell is a new to me author. After reading Falling in Danger, I am looking forward to reading more books from her. The book is a very well written romantic suspense with a very icky bad guy. The characters were great. Jessica has a huge fear of dogs, but she can see the sweetness in Bruta, the pit bull. I thought for a dog, Bruta was a great character and what a hero he turned out to be.

Ian and Jessica have an instant attraction, but neither is willing to admit it. When they finally get
Carinn
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book that you will not be able to put down! You could relate to the fear and intense emotions that the main character, Jessica, has for her captor! You fall in love with the dog and feel like you are watching the movie! Kaylie Newell has an amazing way of giving you plenty of detail so that you feel like you can see the scene! Kaylie is my favorite writer and I can't wait to read more of her books! Don't wait, go buy it today!
Patti Jean
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kaylie-newell
This book literally left me speechless. I am rarely left speechless (As many know HA!).

To read my full review....

I cannot recommend this author enough! VERY VERY talented and I plan on reading EVERY single book of hers!!!! If you haven't read this yet you SERIOUSLY are missing out!!!
Nola Cross
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Great, gritty suspense and sexual tension, colorful descriptions and realistic characterizations will have you sucked into this story from page one. Could not put it down. Ms. Newell is going places.
Lhenry
Mar 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Very precictable, which is not always a bad thing for me as a reader, but this one had nothing really to offer. No interesting heroes, heroines, villains or even canines. Just didn't do anything for me.
Kjen
Feb 25, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a refreshing little book. Loved how she and Bruta saved each other. For a new author, I thought she had good description without being tedious. I would have liked to see more resolution to the relationship, although I guess we can infer.
Dee
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Two-haiku review:

TV reporter
Kidnapped by dogfight bad guy
Undercover cop

brian grimshaw
Mar 21, 2018
Aimee
Sep 10, 2013
Kaylie Newell lives in Southern Oregon with her husband and two daughters. She’s the proud author of over a dozen romances, including the RITA® finalists, Christmas at The Graff and Tanner’s Promise.

News & Interviews