Start by marking “Entice (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Entice (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)

Entice

(The Violet Eden Chapters #2)

Every day Violet Eden wonders whether she made the right choice.

She still doesn't fully understand the powers she's been granted as a half-angel Grigori. And worse, isn't even sure she's capable of using them. Stab someone through the heart? Really?

No matter how bad things get, though, Violet doesn't run and she doesn't quit. Even if it means she can never allow herself to
Published September 4th 2012 by Sourcebooks Fire (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Entice, please sign up.
Caitlyn I believe in the Trylle Series by Amanda Hocking, the MC falls for the good guy but eventually switches. I don't remember if he was actually evil, but…moreI believe in the Trylle Series by Amanda Hocking, the MC falls for the good guy but eventually switches. I don't remember if he was actually evil, but I know he was portrayed as "bad".

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

99 Days by Katie Cotugno

Amid the Stars and Darkness - Chani Lynn Feener

(less)

Start your review of Entice (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
Nic
Before reading Enticed I was a little bit nervous (okay A LOT nervous) as I had mixed feelings about Embraced the first book in the series. But I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this installment. There were some big improvements made that were desperately need.

Again I liked Shirvington prose. Simple yet elegant. The plot this time had less romantic drama (the love triangle was milder). In Embrace I felt like it big time overwhelmed the rest of the storyline. This time there was a
Raghad
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God i love Phoenix!!!!! Like hell!
Violet belongs with Phoenix!!!
Claudia
Nov 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOD!

THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

OMG! 10,000 stars.

Some sequels are bad or just dont match up, this was not one of those books.

You get everything that you got from the first book: The characters in all their glory, Villians you love to hate; and relatoinships galore!

You get all this and more in ENTICED. I loved the new characters! Spence? I love you.

There is so much action that it gets your heart racing along with the events that unfold. I felt the book was so well researched with all the bib
Katherine
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Amazing!! This was even better than the first book - tying in so much world history to this fantasy genre without forcing religion on the readers just adds a whole new layer to the story and depth of emotions in the writing. Love the new characters, although the Violet/Lincoln situation is absolute heartbreaking torture! Please let's have some (positive) resolution come October's book three - can I really wait that long?!

Addition: this reminds me a lot of an angel take of the Vampire Academy se
Caitlin
Like I said in my review of the previous book, I've read these books at least 100 times and I still absolutely love them.

Even though this is my least favourite of the five books, it's still such an amazing book. I think I actually expected to not love it as much as I did since I remembered that it was my least favourite. However, it definitely leads up to all of the big shit that's about to happen in the next three books and I can't wait to dive back into them!

This series is perfection and I a
Chloe
Mar 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angel-books
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need Emblaze NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooooooo goooooooood
Evie
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was even better than Embrace!!!! Totally 5/5 stars, in fact I would've given it 10 stars if I could. Hands down the best angel books ever!
One complaint: not enough Phoenix!!!! *pouty face*
Kayla
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this sequel even though my man Phoenix wasn't in it much, I think deep down he really loves Violet so hopefully they have great moments together in the next book.
Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews)
The review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

To rant or not to rant, that is the question.

Yeah, it’s not really a question, is it? I’ll go ahead and warn you now. If you are a huge fan of this series, on Team Lincoln, easily offended by bad language and derogatory comments (then why the hell do you read my reviews?), then this might upset you and you should probably skip it. If none of that bothers you (ie only my little sister will probably be reading this), then read on.

Okay,
Faye
You know how there's some things where you go through the motion? I felt like I was going through the motion for this book.

Because this book is really meh. I just couldn't give a crap about anything in this book, from the characters to the plot to the romance.

SO it's a two star rating for me.
Lauren
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 // 5 stars

Still just as addicting as the first book, though I will say that I think I enjoyed the first book more? One of my favorite characters got very little page time in this book and I think that's what drove my enjoyment down a little bit. But other than that I loved how the world, magic, etc all expanded in this book. Definitely interested in seeing what happens next!
Kara
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK as far as the book itself goes I liked Entice a lot the story and the newly introduced character were all well written and I love the fantasy world of the Grigori (I can't remember if that's how it was spelled so I apologize if I'm wrong.) But there was one thing keeping me from loving the book.

THE FREAKING LOVE TRIANGLE!!!!!

In Embrace I loved Phoenix and the complexity of his character, I have always had a thing for the dark hero, they're more fun and more relate-able then the straight lace
Hadya
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 stars

Well....that was kind of boring.

MINOR SPOILERS

It was better than the last book though I guess. Where the last book was a mess, this was organized well, but it seemed kinda anticlimatic. I get it, many things happened, plot twists I didnt guess (Partly because I know nothing about angels or the quotes from the bible) and i suppose I should've been shocked or something when the twists were revealed, but I was just...not?
The plot twists just...happened, and the way they were revealed wa
Jenny
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A great sequel to Embrace! I absolutely adore this series. It has steamy forbidden romance, epic adventures, half angels with wicked powers, and crazy scary villains! What more can you want in a YA book?

This story starts with our main characters Violet and Lincoln in a crazy place. They are both very much in love with each other, but cannot be together because they are Grigori partners, and must depend on each other with their lives. On top of this, Lincoln is still extremely jealous and upset o
Sara
I loved this book! I am so mad at myself for waiting so long to read it. Now I need to move straight on to book 3, Emblaze.

Entice was full of action, suspense, and a little romance. And what little romance it had was HOT. And it was just a few kisses. I really love Violet and Lincoln. They are such strong characters, and they are beautifully written. I am frustrated with Lincoln, though. That boy sure is quick to turn away and avoid what I want him to tackle. This story was full of action. And E
Libby Wyatt
So not as good as the first book, I thought it was pretty predictable and didn't get going until well past the 150 page mark. Is it terrible that I love Phoenix? Rudy's scene at the end had me crying! I do hope the next one is better!
Sarah {Literary Meanderings}
I had to speed-read through the second half of this one. I read the first book over 5 years ago and I guess my tastes have changed, because I LOVED the first one...but this one was just boring for me. Meh.
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

This book was better than Embrace, and it felt more YA. AND, the romance, plot and pretty much everything improved. I was unsure, heading into Entice as Embrace didn't really capture me. Must I say I am impressed by the development of the characters and plot throughout this book which really kept me up till midnight to finish it off.

Violet gets more realistic in this book (mainly because Phoenix isn't controlling her) and she is showing more of her
Lou
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite-series
Could I LOVE this series anymore!

It has everything I want from a story - fast moving, interesting plot, history and folklore, strong lead characters, delicious baddies, best friends, heartbreak, love, love, love and to top it off bouts of dry humor. Need I say more?

Okay.

Enticed starts off a month or so after Embrace finished. Violet is training with Lincoln who is even more gorgeous in this book than Embrace and she is having trouble making the difference between killing-baddies okay - and kill
Giselle
An Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher for review. Quotes pulled from the ARC may be incorrect and may be subject to change.

Being Enticed sure sounds like fun but dangerous at the same time. Healing by making out with someone to transfer your power sounds like a fun way to heal.

The story was better but I also felt that Violet thought way too much about everything she did. It annoyed me to no end that she would even question Lincoln's feelings for her when it was rather obvious in
Sam
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entice was such a good sequel to Embrace. After getting past the first few chapters (which were mainly a catch-up with what happened in the last book) it turned out really good.

There's some great new characters in this and the love triangle isn't really there. The storyline was intriguing and I think Jessica Shirvington is really getting into the swing of writing.

I'm really looking forward to listening to the next one on audiobook. Thumbs up!
Mary
Dec 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: violet-eden-chs
Best book!!!!!!!

Luv luv luv these books.
Hanging out 4 next one.
Natalie
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Even better than the first so addicting where's the third one. I need it now !!!!
ALPHAreader
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When we left her, seventeen-year-old Violet Eden was struggling with all the typical teen problems. She had a crush on a guy who thought of her only as a friend. She was struggling to connect with her distant father, who was never the same after Violet’s mother died. And Violet herself was trying to figure out her place in the world and why she always felt so out of touch . . . and then secrets began falling into place for Violet. A long-ago message from her mother in a wooden box exposed Violet ...more
Erin
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
So I read the first book in this series several years ago, and I had to re-read it now that I’m finally continuing on in the series. I flew through the first book and still loved it, but after reading this sequel I’m a bit disappointed. I absolutely fell in love with Phoenix in the first book and felt like the chemistry with him and Violet was perfect, but I knew Lincoln was potentially going to be the guy she ended up with. I was hoping that this sequel would do something to either make Lincoln ...more
*Ritzrenee*
Sep 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought perhaps I needed to give this series another chance but I think not.

This is the kind of book that makes me feel mentally drained. Reasons being I do not enjoy it and the dialogues were really odd. To name but a few...
"No surprise, the exile told him to eat shit."
"...I had not seen such lame fighting from an exile before."

I'm sorry but I really cannot handle such sentences in a book. This brings me back to the point of a childish writing like in book 1. I had to drop this series as it w
Pam (YA Escape)
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reread 4/7/2018. Every single book in this series is amazing!
Sheri
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It always takes me a little bit to get into these books but then I love them. Reading book 3 next.
Justin
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Note: My review is part of the Entice blog tour, if you want to check out a video spotlight on Phoenix created by Jessica you can head over to my tour post on my blog. Just follow this link: http://www.justinsbookblog.com/2012/0...

This series has fueled my love for angel books, Jessica does such a good job writing it and really making sure the readers are able to become immersed in a surprisingly riveting story. If I had to compare Entice with Embrace, I would easily pick Entice as my favorite.
Rachelle
Apr 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Review to come.
Shelves of Shirvi...: Entice 27 32 Aug 18, 2014 11:03PM
Shelves of Shirvi...: Fave Quotes from Entice 17 46 Jul 10, 2014 06:03AM
Shelves of Shirvi...: Does Spence have a story? *may contain spoilers* 35 32 Mar 30, 2014 10:47PM
Addicted to YA: Enticed 1 48 Mar 17, 2012 03:26PM

• A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • A Radiant Sky (A Beautiful Dark, #3)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)
  • Found (The Crescent Chronicles, #3)
  • Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • Focus (The Crescent Chronicles, #2)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Spirit (Elemental, #3)
  • Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)
Jessica Shirvington is the author of THE VIOLET EDEN CHAPTERS also known as THE EMBRACE SERIES, stand alone novel, BETWEEN THE LIVES and has an exciting new duology called DISRUPTION on the way in 2014.

An entrepreneur, author, and mother living in Sydney, Australia, Jessica is also a 2011 & 2012 finalist for Cosmopolitan’s annual Fun, Fearless Female Award. She’s also one of the lucky few who met

The Violet Eden Chapters (5 books)
  • Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1)
  • Emblaze (The Violet Eden Chapters, #3)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)

News & Interviews

“Violet: "You're an asshole."
Onyx: "Thank you, it's something that took an eternity to perfect.”
118 likes
“We all have the capacity to find the will to do what must be done - even when that which we must do terrifies us most. Remember this.” 44 likes