Start by marking “Wolf Hills (Lords of the Were Universe, #10; Brotherhood of Blood, #5)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Hills (Lords of the Were Universe, #10; Brotherhood of Blood, #5)

Wolf Hills (Brotherhood of Blood #5)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  1,046 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
"Danger prowls on two legs "

A "Brotherhood of Blood" Novel

Detective Sally Decker s Wyoming trip to visit her newlywed friend, Carly, turns into a dangerous adventure into the unknown when she learns Carly s husband is a master vampire, and there s a pack of werewolves living just up the road. As if that wasn t alarming enough, the sexy Alpha wolf has taken a shine to her.

J
Published April 17th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Hills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Hills

Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review [by Michelle L. Olson – LITERAL ADDICTION’s Pack Alpha]:

I’m a huge Bianca D’Arc fan. I’ve followed every series that she has written and am always excited when I find out that there will be a new release. Brotherhood of Blood was the 2nd series of Bianca’s that I discovered, so when I heard about the release of Wolf Hills I was ecstatic.

The first thing that struck me about this book were the amazing characters. You have a strong, independent, willful heroine, a hunky alpha male hero a
Dee
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
A good addition to this series as well as being linked to the Tales of The Were series. Looking forward to reading more but as this was the last story about the group of female friends finding their men, I suspect it may be the end. I would think that any continuation be in the Lords of The Were series or a new closely linked series be created.....I could be wrong! But hopefully we will still catch up with the friends and their sexy spouses sometime in the future!
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks

Detective Sally Decker is the last of her college study group girlfriends to settle down. When she goes on vacation to visit one of her best friends, Carly and her new husband Dmitri in Wyoming, she's surprised at what she finds . From the get-go, Sally sees that all is not as it seems, being surrounded by inhumanly tall, muscular males and tall beautiful females. Then walks in Alpha male, Jason Moore, throwing Sally completely for a loop.

When Carly and Dmitri confess that they are Vampires and
Lady Lioness
Meh. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I wanted it to be either. The story itself was action-y and I liked the idea of werewolf geeks. However, I didn't feel that we got to know the hero or heroine as people.

D'Arc focused pretty heavily on their races. Throw in 'purple' instead of 'werewolf' and you get, 'Oh, he's purple. This is what purple people do and he's the head purple person. You're at least half purple. That makes you special. Oh, look, it turns out you're also half pink. You may ident
Beth
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
First read April 18/12

If you fast forward through the smut, there's a framework of an interesting universe.
I have to admit, I was won over by surprise relative - I really want to see where that new plot arc goes.
Katya
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters
Pamela
Aug 27, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle, reviewed
Linda
Jul 04, 2013 added it
Liked it alot as with all of Ms D'Arc books and can't wait for the next one.
Betty Lambert
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was very good. This is about a girl, Detective Sally Decker, who goes to Wyoming to visit her newlywed friend Carly. What Sally doesn't know is Carly has married a Vampire, and is going to learn a lot more about the things that go bump in the night. Sally meets up with Carly's neighbor Jason Moore who is an Alpha Wolf . Jason knows right away that Sally is is true mate, but doesn't know how to explain to her about just who he really is, etc. Lots of passion between them in this book an ...more
Jen
Sep 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kobo-read
First of all, I am so glad that Bianca D'Arc is back to writing again! I really enjoyed the "Brotherhood of the Blood" series and was excited to see her start it up again. I was somewhat disappointed with this installment in the series.
This book starts of with Sally going to visit her friend, Carly, from her past study group and and Carly's boyfriend Dmitri. She finds out when she get there that her friend has mated with a vampire and become a vampire herself. As Sally is adjusting to this she
celticminx (aka: kristi or "k")
I have a somewhat hit-miss relationship with this series, which is why I always come back for more in the hopes that I will like the next book. Wolf Hills was definately a hit for me.

I like how there wasn't a whole lot of pussyfooting around about should I shouldn't I. It's a very common denominator in PNR stories that gets boring after a while. I love the characters of the BOB series but Jason and Sally were big standouts for me.

Sally is on vacation trying to reboot herself from potential burn
Tracie Runge
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From the very beginning I found myself being pulled within the pages of Wolf Hills truly magnificent storyline. I quickly fell in love with the strength and emotions of the characters and their stories.

Sally Decker is a San Francisco Detective, her friends have all recently found partners and married. Sally has not seen her dearest friend Carly since her wedding so decides to take leave and go visit her in Wyoming.

Jason Moore is Alpha of the Wyoming Pack he has an alliance with the Master Vampi
Lisa Annesley
Sally Decker is a San Francisco detective who has come to Wyoming to visit her newly-wed friend, Carly. Sally is shocked to discover that Carly is not only newly-wed, but that she is a new vampire and married to a master vampire, Dmitri. (Their story is D'Arc's Phantom Desires.) Sally is further shocked to discover that Carly's neighbor is a wolf-shifter, Jason Moore. Jason is the alpha of his wolf pack. Jason immediately recognizes Sally as his mate, even though she appears to be human.

When hum
Sunny☼
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had not read the other books in the Brotherhood of Blood Series but this book was not effected and could be a stand alone. Jason is the strong Alpha of the local pack who has joined forces with the Vampires in the area. Carly is Sally's best friend. Carly is mated to a Vampire and Sally thinks she is human. As the story unfolds she discovers she has a touch of Werewolf blood, but even more forest magic. Sally discovers a relative she didn't know existed and hears about more relatives she wants ...more
Crystal Guidroz
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited this series has continued and I hope Mrs. D'Arc keeps it going.
This time we are treated to the last of the "four" Sally. Her story starts with a visit to Carly and changes her life forever. I loved Sally's character as she was a strong female detective from California with a take no bull attitude. She was a perfect match for Jason who is the super HOT Alpha of the local werewolf pack (and I mean "Alpha" in more ways then one). The chemistry between these two was on from the star
Lisa M
Sally, a police detective from San Francisco, visits her friend Carly in Wyoming only to find out that Carly is now a vampire. And her neighbor is Jason, the alpha of a wolf pack. Jason recognizes Sally as his mate right away, but what neither of them realizes is that there is more to Sally than there appears to be. When hunters start taking shots at the youth of the pack, Sally's abilities--both mundane and unique--come to the forefront.

There was a lot of action to this book, and not as much er
Danica
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
 Rosebud
This is the new to me author book. I haven't read any of the previous books in this series and only came across this one upon the recommendation of a group I belong to.

Great story line. Loved the book and will definitely read the other books in this series. There were a couple parts that I were disappointed in but that's my personal opinion. Others will have a different view. For example. When Jason and Sally first meet. I felt like he was a puppy dog instead of an alpha. Other parts would be p
Mary
I really enjoyed this sixth book of the Brotherhood of Blood series. Sally, never quite fitting in uses her differences to take charge and help others. A detective in San Francisco, Sally suffers from burn out and is taking a much needed vacation to visit Carly whom she hasn't seen since Carly's wedding. Then things get interesting.

Enter: the Alpha! Big, powerful, dominant, and all hers; Jason took one sniff and needed to rock her world. Add in villains, teamwork, and long lost relatives; mix it
Nicole
I liked the interesting heroine who is not a wilting flower or damsel in distress. She's a cop and gets over the 'omg! weres and vamps are real? golly gee what happens now" phase quick. I didn't get that much into Jason the hero individually but put him with Sally, he was a sweetie. Nothing too special but I enjoyed this book, especially for a paranormal. Great for a light read with nothing to depressing or tortuously sad.
The BookChick
Apr 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: lendable
I've read all the books in the Brotherhood of Blood series and this one was one of my list favorites, as was Lords of the Were. It's something about the wolf books that I just don't connect with well. The story meandered along but it just didn't grab me. It was okay...just not stellar. However, it's good to have Ms. D'Arc back writing again.
gremlin
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this novel. It had the hot mating of police detective Sally and alpha werewolf Jason, as well as a decent action plot with the hunters after pack children, and followup on Carly & Dmitri from Phantom Desires.
Caroline
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Loved the chemistry between Sally and Jason. This was a great story in so many ways and I look forward to seeing how this line of the story mingles into the fabric of the main storyline and then how it will end. I wonder who all the dryad descendants will turn out to be and what all they will bring to the magical table.
E.M. Reders
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
i really enjoyed this book, i had already read the rest of the series but put this one off as it went away from the vampires. i now wish i hadnt as i loved it more than the rest and cant wait to read the next book t follow this and the rest that i am sure will follow. Another great tie in to the world of Lords of Were.
Ladonna Alexander
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I had a hard time getting into the story at first but it rounded it self out very nicely. I loved the story line. It was different than other shifter books. Both the leads was well done. I enjoyed reading it.
C.J.
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-shifters
Fsb read. Loved the story involving earth elements, bloodletters and werewolves. Sally was a good strong character and her and Jason's relationship was lovely to watch grow. Can't wait for next in the series.
whitney glover
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how Bianca brings so many worlds together

I especially like how the different magical fantastical beings are mating to build those relationships between different groups. I look forward to many more.
Felicia (Ferishia)
I have read and enjoyed every book in this series so far. And this is no exception. What's not to love about a sexy Alpha werewolf? Sally and Jason are the perfect match for each other. Lots of great smexy times! I'm looking forward to more books in this series.
Dahlia (yadkny)
Mar 24, 2012 marked it as to-read
WCR 3/23
Anita
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love the Brotherhood of Blood and the Tales of the Weres series and I'm waiting for more ....
  • Yours, Mine and Howls (Werewolves in Love, #2)
  • Lycan It (Lycan, #3)
  • Pack and Coven (Pack and Coven, #1)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • Artistic Vision (The Gray Court, #3)
  • Revelation (de La Vega Cats, #2)
  • Darkness Bound (Chimney Rock #1)
  • Accidentally Were? (Huntingdawn, #1)
  • Lion Time (Shifting Crossroads, #2)
  • Master of Smoke (Mageverse #7)
  • Embrace the Night (Night #1)
  • Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)
  • Seduced by Blood (Sweetblood, #4)
  • Shadow Rising (Dark Dynasties, #3)
  • Wolf's Valentine (Westervelt Wolves, #3.5)
  • Quinn's Quest (Legacy, #4)
  • Pack Rogue (Were Chronicles, #4)
  • Leif's Surrender (Roxie's Protecters, #3)
Bianca enjoys mixing her real-world knowledge of science with imaginary worlds in her writing. A former chemist, she tends to mix genres, concentrating most of her writing in the paranormal, sci fi, fantasy and futuristic realms, with some contemporary and urban fantasy thrown in for fun."
More about Bianca D'Arc

Brotherhood of Blood (7 books)
  • One and Only (Lords of the Were Universe, #2; Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
  • Rare Vintage (Lords of the Were Universe, #3; Brotherhood of Blood, #2)
  • Phantom Desires (Lords of the Were Universe, #5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3)
  • Sweeter Than Wine (Lords of the Were Universe, #6; Brotherhood of Blood, #4)
  • Forever Valentine (Lords of the Were Universe, #8; Brotherhood of Blood, #4.5)
  • Wolf Quest (Lords of the Were Universe, #13; Brotherhood of Blood, #7)