Start by marking “The Mind Man” as Want to Read:
The Mind Man

The Mind Man

Do your thoughts affect other people?

What if those people end up dead?

The unthinkable is happening. People are dying inexplicably. Just one man appears responsible…a deranged monster or a madman?

A reluctant cop sets out to find the truth. He risks all and loses everything, but discovers a tortured soul; consumed by revenge and manipulated by an ado
Published December 11th 2011 by pdr

To ask other readers questions about The Mind Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mind Man

Start your review of The Mind Man
Laparouse
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Peter Richmond’s debut novel “The Mind Man” is a really good read. He has managed to fulfil a childhood dream of creating a supernatural thriller based on long-held themes and motifs from his own experience.
Richmond’s prose is based on a skilled use of dialogue, which produces narrative drive, interspersed with multiple third person points of view, depending on which character is seeing the action.
The novel is well paced and takes you from the backwaters of an Australian wheat-farming tow
Pam Thomas
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I found this a captivating book compelling read and full of intrigue and mystery showing how the Mind Man is capable of choosing his victims from people all over the world, bordering on telepathy, mind control and telekinesis, he is able to manipulate people to do his bidding even though they might be half way around the world.

Is motivated by dreams, is capable of amassing incredible fortunes, have to say though some of the elements are a little hazy and you don't actually know where
Sheri
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Mind Man (PD Richmond)
Psychological/Thriller

Sergeant Teddy Farrell, a Sacramento Police Officer lives for one particular case. He is so caught up in this chase that his marriage is at risk. What he uncovers seems unbelievable. With the aid of a British reporter they set out to discover the truth, a truth few will believe.

Faced with greed, obsessions and love this story is a nail biting page turner. I could not put it down. Just when I thought I had it figured ou
Gregory Lamb
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
What if a person could concentrate hard enough to control another person's mind, making them do things they normally wouldn't? What if this person was bullied as a child and wanted revenge? Is it possible to become extraordinarily wealthy with such talents? You'll find out once you get started reading Peter Richmond's paranormal thriller, "The Mind Man." It is a book you won't be able to put it down until you read the final words.

Richmond takes you on a romp around the world as he we
Shawna
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Intriguing. Kept me wanting to keep turning pages. The ending was not what I expected.
Kathy Cunningham
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
P D Richmond’s THE MIND MAN is, bottom line, a good story. In 1984, Adam Henderson, a bullied teenager from a small town in Australia, begins having very unusual dreams. Twenty-seven years later, Sacramento police officer Ted Farrell begins investigating a series of inexplicable accidents, including a plane crash in which hundreds were killed. When ambitious London reporter Laura Taylor becomes interested in the same case, the two team up to uncover the identity of a man capable of using his min ...more
Abigailann (Abigail)
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was ok

A very interest concept with some intriguing characters. The first half of the book set the scene for a dramatic second half, culminating in a sudden cliff-hanger.

I really wanted to like this book. I loved the idea of all the could be possible if someone could use their mind as a weapon. There were a plethora of characters that shouted out to be understood. And yet, somehow, it took me half of the book to really begin enjoying it.

I think there were a few of problems fr
Julie G
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
It's 1984 in a small Australian town. Adam Henderson is shy, introverted, and mercilessly bullied. Until, one night, Adam starts having dreams that start coming true. And the lead bully is killed.

Fast forward twenty-seven years, Sacramento police sergeant Teddy Farrell is called to the scene of a single-vehicle accident. The driver was a healthy, non-impaired, well-rested businessman. The accident makes no sense to Farrell, so he begins to dig.

What he uncovers shocks him
Wendy Hines
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Adam Henderson was bullied as a teenager and it's something he never got over. Bad enough his father thought he should quit school to go to work. Adam had big dreams. His only friends were his pet rabbits he talked to in the backyard. He also has dreams, and sometimes, it's down right spooky when those dreams become a reality. Over the years, he has honed his gift...for revenge.

Officer Ted Farrell's heart isn't in his job. In fact, he has big dreams to open a winery, growing gr
Books
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
“The Mind Man” is such an extremely suspense-laden and highly thrilling read, that I simply could not put it down. The tale starts in a small town in Australia with a boy whose best friends are his rabbits. Then it sweeps the reader along on an exciting journey to Sacramento, London, the Cook Islands, Sidney, and a yacht near Acapulco, to literally come crashing to a grand finale in Paris.

Sergeant Teddy Farrell knows he is on to something utterly extraordinary when a car and two airplanes crash
OrchardBookClub
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
"The Mind Man" is a very highly recommended read. It has everything you want from a good book - love, suspense, murder and suspicion.

The story first introduces Adam when he is a young boy, growing up in a small town in the '80s, dealing with unsupportive parents, bullies & heartache, with only pet rabbits to confide in. A very shy, isolated character who's dreams are filled with murder and revenge...but is it possible these dreams can come true?
The story then transports int
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
This author has a good writing style, and does a good job capturing feelings and conflicts (for example, the problem with the vineyard and the contention it raises between Sally and her husband) or Adam's childhood and the problems he is experiencing.

However, some plot elements fall apart. Ted putting together the pieces of the supposedly nefarious plot just... didn't jibe with me. It happened too quickly and rather unconvincingly, as well as sending his wife to spy on Adam. There wa
Romina
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Armin Howard
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is certainly an interesting book about an interesting concept, and readers will want to get to the end of the book to learn how it all panned out. Part of the story may sound a little far-fetched and implausible - although I’m a sceptic, but the following thoughts are surely to come to every reader’s mind: ‘What if this really happen? Could it happen? Maybe it is just possible!’. Chapter 30 puts the ‘implausible’ into context and the reader will be forced to pause and reflect about the comp ...more
Mick Pullman
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great story. Very easy to read and hard to put down, and have re-read it. Like the way each chapter ended with a question or leaves you wondering. Characters were well defined and I could easily get a mental picture of what I thought each looked like and their place in the plot. The terrorist intervention and the way that all unfolded was brilliant another good little twist. The build up and the thrilling train ride could not put down had to read to the end.
All in all a great effort with latitu
Georgiann Hennelly
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sergeant Teddy Farnell is a cop with the Sacramento police dept. He risks everything including his marriage to uncover an unprecendented greed and thwarted love. He inadvertently discovers a town full of secrets and an obsession with a fluffy rabbit. With the aid of a British reporter they set out to find the truth. This is a real page turner. Just when i thought i had it figured out something new was revealed. Captivated me to the very end. I look forward to more books by Author P.D. Richmond
Bevin lost in Wonderland
Aug 02, 2013 marked it as torture
Shelves: nook
This book... well, I really don't know if I have words for how much I did not like this book. Torture... there's a word. I had to drag myself through all that I did read, and when I found that I set it aside for quite some time and didn't care one iota what was happening to these characters, I figured it was time to give up and move on.
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
FULL REVIEW: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

This was a book whose premise intrigued me. I am struggling to find something positive about this book as I hate writing negative reviews if I can help it but unfortunately in this particular case, the well is coming up dry.
Nancy Roman
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good read, the end seems to indicate a sequel !
Name Oladipupo
rated it did not like it
Nov 28, 2013
Catia Veiga
Dec 07, 2013
P.D. Richmond
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Cody
Jul 17, 2016
Katherine
Mar 15, 2013
1 follower
Peter Richmond is a graduate from the University of Tasmania.

He spent many years working in the spatial-information industry; two of which were spent mixing it with the Kurds in Northern Iraq, as a consultant for the United Nations.

He lived for twelve months in Moscow, acquainting himself with Russian life, enduring freezing winter temperatures, writing restaurant reviews for an ex-pa