Start by marking “Pieces” as Want to Read:
Pieces

Pieces

4.58  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
A new casino affords a playboy the luxury of a Tudor mansion. Follow him from the sixties to the nineties, through an array of San Francisco characters, in the midst of dark suspense and occult paranormal.
Published February 14th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Pieces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pieces

Chad Schimke
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
REVIEW OF PIECES BY AMOS LASSEN
“Pieces” is completely different than “Picker”. The character who stands at the center is Lyman Blackmore ... his world is one of eccentric characters and is filled with suspense, crime and the out-of-the-ordinary. This is a read that keeps you guessing as you navigate its twists and turns. The characters themselves are reflections of the diversity of San Francisco. While I am not much of a mystery reader, I had a lot of fun reading this.”
Lori Shemek, PhD
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Chad Schimke's book 'Pieces' is a masterpiece of intrigue, suspense and magical spells...and walks you right into the everyday paranormal - and he shows how silently ubiquitous it can be at every turn. Based in the city I am from, San Francisco, reading this book took me back to this city rich in stories and history. The author knows San Francisco inside and out and so, combined with such well-developed characters, complete with a witch and much more, made for such compelling reading.. that I co ...more
Chad Schimke
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW OF PIECES BY AMOS LASSEN
“Inter-Connected Character Vignettes by Amos Lassen. “Pieces” is completely different than “Picker”. It is a paranormal mystery composed of inter-connected character vignettes and set in San Francisco and takes place from the 1960’s to the 1990’s. The character who stands at the center is Lyman Blackmore, a casino owner who is lucky enough to be quite wealthy. His world is one of eccentric characters and is filled with suspense, crime and the out-of-the-ordinary. T
Martin Fry
PIECES - I thoroughly enjoyed how this novel used paranormal witches and demons to explore multi-cultural people and neighborhoods. There is a little bit of everything here and a lot to like. If you like a San Francisco story like Tales of the City this is one for you.
Wilhelmina Dakota
This is a good paranormal story with a surprise at the end. I like all of the different characters and San Francisco references. Fun, what a good time!
Masquerade Crew
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
ROY'S REVIEW

This book has received a sprinkling of five-star reviews on Amazon. I’m afraid I’m not going to keep the sequence going. Maybe I just never got onto the author’s wavelength - I’m not sure - but that is the writer’s job. Engage the reader. I was never really engaged.

Whoever tagged the book ‘mystery’ and ‘paranormal’ has some explaining to do. We start with a coven right enough, in some woods above San Francisco. Lyman Blackmore pledges future profits from his casino to the Moonglow Fe
Martyn Stratton
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Pieces - Chad Schimke

Worlds collide in this colourful and gripping paranormal adventure. Mammon, in all its vulgarity and rampant materialism clash with dark spirits, witchcraft and metaphysics.

A handsome playboy gambler, newly married to Monroe-style buxom blonde, transmogrifies throughout this roller-coaster of a tale. The author develops his characters skilfully as the action progresses. A plethora of supporting characters backlight an artist, an actor,a writer and a thief. Darkness pursues t
Rusty Nugent
  • Pulp Friction: Uncovering the Golden Age of Gay Male Pulps
  • The Necromancer
  • The Evil Within
  • English Slacker
  • Dead Game (Emily Stone #2)
  • The Cult of Me
  • Sounds of Murder (Pamela Barnes Acoustic Mystery #1)
  • Dead People (Haunted Hearts #1)
  • Possession (Keeper of Light, #2)
  • Yellow Medicine (Billy Lafitte, #1)
  • The Jubilee Plot (Sherlock Holmes & Young Winston #2)
  • The Luck of Han'anga (War of the Second Iteration #1)
  • Mack 1 Red vs. Blue
Picker by Chad Schimke
Picker by Chad Schimke

Weirder by Chad Schimke
Weirder by Chad Schimke
More about Chad Schimke...