Start by marking “Construct A Couple (Serenity Holland, #2)” as Want to Read:
Construct A Couple (Serenity Holland, #2)

Construct A Couple

(Serenity Holland #2)

With a great job at a reputable magazine and a man who’s the perfect match, Serenity Holland thinks she’s laid the foundation for an ideal London life. When a routine assignment uncovers a shocking secret threatening her boyfriend’s company, Serenity decides to leave nothing to chance, taking matters into her own hands. Soon, though, she realises keeping secrets isn't as ...more
Published May 23rd 2012 by Notting Hill Press (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Construct A Couple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Construct A Couple

Start your review of Construct A Couple (Serenity Holland, #2)
Victoria
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
So easy to read. Looking forward to reading the last in the trilogy but I'll be sad when it's over.
Charlotte Lynn
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Serenity is happy with her life. Jeremy and Serenity have been a couple for over a year. Serenity has a new job, fact checking for a popular newspaper. While working hard not to make waves in her relationship or job she realizes that by not making waves she could lose what is important to her.

I did not read the first book, Build a Man, in the series but I loved and easily caught onto what was going on in this, the second, book. I will be going back and reading the first book just to see what I
Medeia Sharif
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Serenity has a new job as a fact checker at a big magazine and her boyfriend, Jeremy, has a new position at a charity foundation. Life is looking good for the both of them. When a fact-checking assignment uncovers secrets about Jeremy’s foundation, who’s associated with it, and his personal life, the fantastic London life Serenity hopes for is becoming more distant by the day unless she finds a way to fix things. This is the third Talli Roland novel I’ve read, and the author sure knows how to ...more
Nenette
Oct 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Certainly true to the book titles, this second installment in the Serenity Holland series is all about relationships between couples and between friends, too. What does it take for any relationship to succeed? Right on the dot, it tells that both parties have to work on the relationship. "It is better to give than to receive" - if this is each partner's motto, any relationship can stand against all odds. Nice read.
Kat
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this. I can't wait for the third one :)
Sia McKye
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Build A Man
The Hating Game

Construct A Couple is the sequel to Build A Man but you don’t have to read the first to enjoy the second. It stands alone. The story is a fun light read and perfect for summer entertainment.

Serenity Holland, intrepid girl reporter, is a hoot. She has a good heart, she’s funny, and always has the best of intentions—which tend to get her into trouble. Serenity is ambitious and wants to be a journalist covering the serious stories, but is realistic enough to know she has
Samantha March
Jul 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Talli Roland quickly became one of my favorite chick lit writers with her novels such as The Hating Game, Build A Man, and Watching Willow Watts that kept me thoroughly entertained and waiting impatiently for more. Her latest, Construct A Couple, follows Serenity and Jeremy from Build A Man, as the couple tries to get on solid ground after a shaky start to a romance and Jeremy suffering a stroke. Serenity is stoked about her new job at a reputable London magazine...until she finds out that ...more
Leah
Jun 20, 2012 rated it liked it
When I read Talli Roland’s third novel Build A Man last year, I thought it was brilliant. I loved Serenity, I loved the plot, I loved how it was just different to most Chick Lit novels. I loved that it harked back to Roland’s debut novel, which was also a unique read. So a sequel was either going to be brilliant, or it wouldn’t work so well. If I’m honest, and that’s all I can be, although Construct A Couple was both readable and enjoyable, I didn’t feel it lived up to Build A Man. There was ...more
LindyLouMac
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle

This is the fourth novel by Talli Roland that I have read and reviewed. I am probably somewhat older than her targeted market, but if you consider yourself young at heart, then like me you may well have read her earlier novels. I find she writes well and that I enjoy her novels, despite the fact that I doubt I would ever have picked them up originally. However invited to review her past work I was pleased to do so as sometimes it is good to step outside our comfort zone. You will see from my
Tracy
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Construct a Couple is the sequel to Build a man and it follows Serenity and Jeremy a year on from the end of Build a Man.

Serenity thinks she has it all. Her dream man, living in London and she's now landed a proper Journalism job. Life couldn't be better! In her desperation to be a reporter Serenity uncovers a story that puts everything, including her relationship with Jeremy, at risk.

My Thoughts:

I adored this book! Devoured it within days. I love how relatable Serenity and Jeremy are and the
J.C. Martin
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
With a reputable new job and a loving boyfriend, Serenity Holland’s life in London seems settled and almost perfect. Then a routine assignment turns up something that could threaten boyfriend Jeremy’s charity construction company. As always, Serenity decides to take matters into her own hands, without telling Jeremy. But is Jeremy also keeping a secret from her? And can their relationship survive all this secrecy?

After Build A Man made me a chick lit convert, I had high hopes for Construct A
Heather
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis

Construct a Couple picks up where Build a Man left off.

Serenity is spending more of her time with Jeremy, who has recovered from his stroke and has started a charity for other stroke victims. As Jeremy puts all his time and energy into the charity, Serenity has finally landed a job as a fact checker for Seven Days, more reputable than her previous tabloid job.
Although life seems to be coming together for the couple, they neglect to share intimate details of their work with potentially
Deava101
Apr 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Serenity and Jeremy are back again! This time Serenity is working as a fat-checker at 'Seven Days Magazine' as a stepping stone towards her career of becoming a reporter and Jeremy is running a personal charity for stroke victims. However, when Serenity finds a way to prove herself to her new boss it clashes with Jeremy's charity as her new report involves Julia; Jeremy's ex-girlfriend. Or is she?

The clash provides some problems for both their jobs and Serenity realizes that their relationship
Meredith Schorr
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of chick-lit
In the sequel to Build a Man, Serenity and Jeremy have now been together over a year. Things are going fantastically in her love-life and on top of that, she is beginning a new job as fact checker for a popular newspaper and is positive she will be a hot-shot reporter before too long. Serenity is so careful not to make waves in her perfect world, opting to protect Jeremy from things that might upset him or disrupt their bliss, but in doing so, she might just lose the relationship as well as her ...more
Nikki Bywater
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Following on from Build a Man, we are back in the some what calamity of Serenity Holland’s life. Now settled in London with boyfriend Jeremy, Serenity has just started working on a great job at a well known magazine and things are looking good. Serenity thinks she has found the perfect story, a story that will help her move forward in her career and enable her to work with some of the best known reporters. However when she finds out that if the story breaks it could cause damage to the charity ...more
Lucy Felthouse
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved the first Serenity Holland book, Build a Man, so when this was released I grabbed it straight away, to see what happened next. I wasn't disappointed.

Serenity is one of those women who seems to get into trouble a lot. She kind of reminds me of Bridget Jones (which is a compliment - I LOVE Bridget Jones).

She's now been with Jeremy for a year. He's recovering from his stroke, and Serenity is doing her best to look after him. However, when she starts her new job, fact-checking at a
Rachel
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For all the fans of lovable, quirky and dare I say walking disaster Serenity Holland, fear not, for she has returned, journalist pen and jaffa cake in hand.

Construct a Couple starts off rosy with Jeremy on the mend, him and Ser loved up and happy, and a new job in journalism to boot. But as always, things are not as they seem and poor Serenity soon finds herself in a orange jam of a situation, but can she get out of it this time with her relationship, and indeed, Jeremy himself, intact?

Reading a
Nancy Goldberg
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I ordered this book as soon as I'd finished "Build a Man" so I could continue on with Jeremy and Serenity's story. This book was fast-paced and funny, but not as funny as "Build a Man," mainly because of Serenity's B.O. jokes about Gregor. That just isn't my kind of humor and was a little mean-spirited on Serenity's part even though (thank God!) she didn't make her jokes out loud.

I liked the quirky secondary character of Lizzie, and the author's depiction of life working for a
Cat Lavoie
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A new Talli Roland novel is always a cause for celebration and (after having thoroughly enjoyed Build a Man) I was looking forward to reading its sequel. I loved this book!

Serenity Holland is a great main character: she is flawed, funny and endearing. You can't help but cheer her on as she tries to make a life for herself in London. I love reading books set in London and (as mentioned by a previous reviewer) the city comes alive in this book. I felt like I was walking right beside Serenity as
Sue
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found Talli Roland’s style of writing, first person present, refreshing and a nice change from the usual third person I tend to read. Although written with a light touch it did look at deeper problems within a relationship. I felt I really got to know Serenity and could empathise with her as she tried to do the best all the time and found herself between a rock and a hard place.

I liked the plot behind the story and the setting, together with the supporting characters which all contributed to a
Lisa
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan of Talli’s, and of Build a Man in particular, I had high hopes for this book, and it didn’t disappoint. I wondered if it would be possible to top Serenity’s previous antics, but Roland pulled it off with aplomb.
The main character Serenity is lovable and relatable, and her hilarious exploits were a delight to read. She makes mistakes, and tries desperately to clean up after herself, and there were points in the book that I couldn’t help but laugh out loud. I also particularly liked
Vicki Lesage
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed "Build A Man" and was excited to find out what happened next with the characters. I suppose if you hadn't read the first book, you wouldn't be as invested in these characters but having read the first book, I knew all I needed to know and was ready to dive into their next adventures.

True to form, Talli Roland writes an engaging story with characters I can relate to and keeps me turning the pages. Not to mention some cute ways of saying things and some funny predicaments. Very
Joo
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Construct a Couple is the sequel to Build a Man and follows Serenity as she starts a new job and meddles a bit too much in her boyfriend's life.

At times I was frustrated with Serenity as she was just too meddlesome and not talking things through with her man. But then if she did talk to him, this would be a short story lol. I thought she was a bit selfish at first, but she soon turned my feelings towards her around.

I was getting a bit bored of chick lit and heading towards the "cosy mystery"
Elle Field
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Construct a Couple is the follow-up to Build A Man and has everything you could want in a book - likeable characters (and some not so likeable ones but only because they are the baddies!), vivid scenery, and a plot that makes you want to sit down and read it in one sitting to find out what happens! A great read and a definite page-turner. Looking forward to the follow-up: Marriage to Measure.
Justine Dell
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I read "Build A Man", I didn't realize it would be a series. So I was excited when I won this book in a giveaway. I loved Serenity and Build A Man, so I couldn't wait to see what else Talli had in store for these characters. Needless to say, she didn't let me down. I love the humor in her stories as well as her depth and character emotions.
Gina Dickerson
Apr 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, the second in the Serenity Holland series. I have read all of Talli Roland's other books and enjoyed them. I really like the main character in this tale and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this series! I enjoy the way the author creates believable characters and I finished this book with a "feel good factor". A fun, entertaining read!
CuteBadger
Like Talli Roland's first book, I got this free for my Kindle and it had been there unread for 3 years. While on holiday I finally got round to reading it and found it the usual Chick Lit By Numbers fare. I still don't warm to the heroine so was again reading about people I didn't much care for. I found it no more than OK and in all likelihood won't read anything else by this author.
Renee
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book!. It was a little annoyed that I was 20%in and had two spoilers revealed from the previous book. I thought it was a stand alone. Nonetheless I liked it a lot. I will check out the authors other books now too!
D.J.
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was very pleased when I heard that Talli Roland has written a sequel to Build a Man and bought it straight away, but then ended up being too busy to read it until last week! It was well worth the wait though and I am now eagerly anticipating the release of the 3rd in this series.
Stacey
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chicklit
This was a quick read that I finished in a couple hours. The story was very shallow and very silly. Characters were under-developed and the writing was not great. This was one of the few times that I regretted spending .99c on a book!

• The Undomestic Goddess
  • The Forgotten Garden
  • Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
  • Game, Set, Match (Love Match, #1)
  • Lavender Vows (The Medieval Herb Garden, #1)
  • Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #1)
  • Dating a Cougar (Never Too Late, #1)
  • Aspiring, Part 1 of the Siblings' Tale (Elisabeth and Edvard Book 1)
  • A Diary of a Private School Kid
  • Children Books: Spike the Dinosaur (Early Beginner Readers Fiction Books Bedtime Stories Collection): Fun Short Stories for Kids, Jokes for Children, and ... (Fun Time Series for Beginning Readers)
  • Becoming: Part 2 of the Siblings' Tale (Elisabeth and Edvard's World)
  • Wine in my Sippy Cup
  • Sam The Speedy Sloth: A children’s book about acceptance and self-confidence
  • Combat at the Castle (Knight in Training #5)
  • Cedric The Shark...Get's Toothache!
  • Sing, Unburied, Sing
Talli Roland writes fun, romantic fiction. Born and raised in Canada, Talli now lives in London, where she savours the great cultural life (coffee and wine).

Despite training as a journalist, Talli soon found she preferred making up her own stories--complete with happy endings. Talli's debut novel The Hating Game was short-listed for Best Romantic Read at the UK's Festival of Romance, while her

Serenity Holland (3 books)
  • Build A Man (Serenity Holland, #1)
  • Marriage To Measure (Serenity Holland, #3)
“I realise it’s not important who owns the physical structure or where it’s located, it’s the person you love – the bond you’ve built – that will shelter you when you need it.” 1 likes