Start by marking “Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bears?” as Want to Read:
Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bears?

Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bears?

Follow along as two ragtag, everyday super heroes don capes to play in the mud, save their stuffed animals from certain peril, conquer the vegetables at dinner, and overcome darkness at night. Are super heroes always brave and daring? We're brave and bold and kind and caring. After five successful books in the "Princesses" series, Carmela LaVigna Coyle now turns her attent ...more
Published May 16th 2012 by Taylor Trade (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bears?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bears?

Start your review of Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bears?
Mike Gordon
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My favorite so far Carmella! Let's do more!!
Buxmont Uu
May 18, 2015 added it
Shelves: bcfl, 104, cc
CC 28
Patricia Partin
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: social-emotions
This was an awesome book that teaches children that they too can be a superhero and conquer their day like one. The story is about a boy and a girl that question how superheroes would live on a daily basis. The two kids explored everything around their house like superheroes as they bring their teddy bears along for the adventure. The book has colorful illustrations and uses rhyming questions and answers to tell the story. It provides a great message to children that even superheroes have to do ...more
Clwseattle
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Is there a kid alive who doesn't love and want to BE a superhero ... 3 out of 4 of my grand munchkins included (1 who's too young to care) ? Of course not! Just look at costume offerings ahead of Halloween.

This is a charming little book that the young munchkins will love, including my soon to be 5 birthday grandchild. It's colorful, it's relatable and it's FUN.

This is the first book I've read - or bought - of Carmela LaVigna Coyle. I'm looking forward to reading them all to our little princess a
Mary
Love the messages in this book. (For example, the answer to having teddy bears is that the super hero gets to decide.) If they ate their veggies without protest it would be almost perfect!

Per Amazon for 4-8 year olds.
Erik
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction-children
The idea is nice but I like their other collaborations a lot more.
Jamie
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Be your own hero! Read to Northside Key kids today for stuffed animal library sleepover.
Rhianna
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: never-grow-up
MY HEART. This is so, SO cute. And in our Marvel-laden universe, very relevant.
Shazzer
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
As posted on Outside of a Dog:

The world of children’s playtime is one that is well traveled in realm of picture books. The depth and scope of a child’s imagination is wonderful fodder for a story. One book that comes immediately to mind is Antoinette Portis’ Princess Super Kitty (along with her fantastic Not a Box and Not a Stick). Children can make almost anything into a game, and it is with this spirit that Carmela LaVigna Coyle has brought us her newest title, Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bear
Andrea
May 29, 2012 rated it liked it
[This review also appears on Andi's Kids Books on Blogger.]

Carmela LaVigna Coyle's latest children's book, Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bears? features a little boy and a little girl with blankets as capes tied around their necks. Doesn't that bring back childhood memories? The little sister is asking her big brother all kinds of questions about how to be a super hero. She wants to know things like whether or not super heroes have teddy bears and what kinds of things they can do. He basically tell
Maria
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the LibraryThing early reviewers program. This is a rhyming story which is sure to appeal to children in the 3-5 year age range. The text is fun to read, and the colorful illustrations are filled with lots of action and humorous details. [return][return]I noted the sister was pretty much along for the ride and did not get to be the super hero. In many, but not all, of the illustrations, the sister had a worried or confused look on her face and did not appear t ...more
Carmen Marin
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
So I read this book a long whiles back but since I'm on a bear spree, figured I'd add this to the bunch.

It's a pretty good story, about a brother and kid sister having adventures with their bears, playing pretend over the course of some days, asking the important questions like if heroes always have to do the dishes. (Spoiler, sadly they do, haha). The whole book is done in a rhyming question and answer format which I think works real well here, along with the whimsical drawings. While the main
Kristen
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book was cute enough. It didn't really have a lot of substance. For a very young child this is a good book - but for a 3 or 4 year old, I don't think they'd get much out of it.

I was able to get my 9 month old to sit still for this book (finally!), so that says something about the pictures. The pictures weren't vibrant or anything, but there was a lot going on. She seemed to almost always point at the different animals that showed up in the picture (mainly a silly dog who was always around).
Rosita
This is a fun book to read to preschooler. Super heros needs a blank and sting to make a cape. The book has rythmn words so it is easy to read. It's young children using their imagination to be a super heroes team with their teddy bears. They were 2 children exploring an adventure outside of their yard. They rescue teady bears, conquer the vegetable during dinner, play in the mud, and overcome the darkness at night.

Learning Experience: The teacher will place a box of customes for the chilren ca
Aleece
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable book about kids dressing up and pretending to be super heroes. They do everything from create capes out of their blankies, to making spaceships and finding a good place to hide. This is a wonderful story on how kids can use their imagination in whichever way they see fit.

The story poses a question on one page and then answers on the following page in a rhyming manner. The full page illustrations are great for kids and adults to enjoy. The message at the very back is also a n
Round Lake Area Public Library

Eric
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book for kids to realize that teddy bears can be like super heroes that help kids be just like the heroes they read about in books and movies. They learn that they can be brave and caring with everything they do and to invent things when they're bored and that even super heroes clean up what they break even if it was a mistake.

The part where they make the realization that they're their own super heroes by cleaning up and taking care of things is what I would use they book for in the class
Mia Balsamo
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebook
PB8: I really loved the take away message from this book. While it may not have been the most creatively written or substance-filled children's book it shared with children a very important lesson. Everyone can be their own hero. I think that is one of the most important lessons a child can learn. Heroes come in all shapes and sizes and may not save people everyday but can help with the little things in life too. I think this book gives hope to all children that they too can be heroes, even if t ...more
Hollie Hancock
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Carmela LaVigna Coyle does it again! Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bears? Of course they do! The lessons learned from this book are amazing for young folks and developing self-esteems. I have a three year old and I love watching her create her own version of a super hero. I can tell she loved this book as she immediately started using her favorite blankets as her capes. I am a huge fan of Carmela's work and recommend them all the time to friends and even my patients! Keep them coming, Carmela!
Erica Collins
Apr 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bears is a whimsical story about the questions children think of about super heroes. It asks about fears, abilities, mistakes and kindness. During the answering of questions, you can see the parents near the children and it subtley hints at parents being heroes. The end also presents the message that the child can be his or her own hero, it doesn’t have to be someone with super powers.
Katie
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
I think this book is very cute. My 3 year old son really liked it, but probably didn't understand everything. My 6 year old son thought it was too short. I'm guessing the book is geared toward a 2-4 year old though, so I would say it's a success.

I really liked the drawings and the overall message that you don't have to be a "super hero" to be a hero.
Skye Robinson
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
PB 30: For me the illustrations were to cutesie for the story line. However, I still loved the story line. It shows that even the tough guys have weaknesses and that's perfectly fine. Great book because it proves that with a little imagination, just about anything is possible.

"is there enough time to save the day?" "I'm sure you will in your very own way."
Kate
Jun 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
We also have Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots, by same author/illustrator team. Both are cute and nice picture books. I appreciate both of them because you can pretend to be a princess or a super hero without Disney or Marvel Comics deciding what that looks like. These books celebrate imaginative play and playing outside.
Heather
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Using the same concept as Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots but this time Super Heroes for the boys. The idea at the end that there are other types of heroes not just super heroes is a nice one but I think will be lost on most kids. Still I've always liked these... You can be anyone you want to be but you still have to do the dishes.
The Library Lady
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The sort of kids who wear their Batman/Superman capes everywhere will love this.
However, a caveat for librarians--this book has an end page featuring 4 "hero" stickers, two of which allow you to draw your own hero. Nice touch, but something you may want to remove before circulating this book.
Jessica
This was a lovely children's book with a great message. My 4 year old daughter was captivated with the illustrations while she enjoyed the story.

*I was provided a free copy of this book as a library thing early reviewer. No other compensation was provided. Reviews are 100% my own.
Andrea
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
We've read a lot by this author. We appreciate that she focuses on doing things outside and I love that this one shows that the kids get the urge to be super heroes because that's how they see their dad.
Sandie
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
With so many books on the market about what princess can and can't do, this was a refreshing and cute read. Boys should also be reminded that they too can be super heroes. This is a great read for any child that needs to be reminded that their life is just as "super" as a heroes life is.
Paula
"Follow along as two ragtag, everyday super heroes don capes to play in the mud, save their stuffed animals from certain peril, conquer the vegetables at dinner, and overcome darkness at night"-- Provided by publisher.
Abi
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
A cute book about super heroes and heroes, seemingly formatted as a child asking questions and being answered by (I believe) a parent. May be a bit difficult to read aloud at a storytime, but I'm going to give a try anyway.

• You Don't Want a Unicorn!
  • Dinosaurs
  • Super Friends: Going Bananas (DC Super Friends)
  • Where's the Dinosaur?
  • Tacky Goes to Camp
  • The Life And Times Of The Apple
  • Detective Dinosaur
  • Danny and the Dinosaur
  • Curious George Dinosaur Tracks (CGTV Reader)
  • Dinosaurs Don't, Dinosaurs Do
  • George Did It
  • Atlantic
  • Never Ask a Dinosaur to Dinner
Carmela LaVigna Coyle's first book, Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? is enjoyed by little princesses everywhere. And now there are several Do Princess titles to choose from. She writes from her studio in Colorado with a puppy on her lap, and beside a wall of glass "to better see the seasons."

Carmela wrote her first story, "Forget-Me-Not," when she was ten-years-old. She hasn't forgotten it... she

News & Interviews