Start by marking “The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire, #1)

The Marriage Bargain

(Marriage to a Billionaire #1)

3.80  ·  Rating details ·  106,070 ratings  ·  4,302 reviews
A marriage in name only...

To save her family home, impulsive bookstore owner, Alexa Maria McKenzie, casts a love spell. But she never planned on conjuring up her best friend's older brother—the powerful man who once shattered her heart.

Billionaire Nicholas Ryan doesn’t believe in marriage, but in order to inherit his father’s corporation, he needs a wife and needs one fast
Published February 14th 2012 by Entangled Publishing (Indulgence) (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Marriage Bargain, please sign up.
Alanoud الكتب في هالموقع عشان تضيفينهم عندك، بالكتب المخططة تقرينها، أو بالكتب اللي قريتيها أو بالكتب اللي حاليا تقرينها.
وعشان تقيمين الكتب وتكتبين رأيك.
هذا …more
وعشان تقيمين الكتب وتكتبين رأيك.
هذا الموقع ليس لتحميل الكتب(less)

·  106,070 ratings  ·  4,302 reviews

Start your review of The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire, #1)
Jae
I have to admit, the hot cover was the first thing that drew me to the book. And was I glad that the content justified it. In spades.

It all started with her and his list of Mr/Ms Right.
Hers :
6) loves animals,
7) has a morale code of ethics and believes in honesty,
8) a good lover
9) has a strong sense of family,
10) has $150,000 cash available.

His :
1) a woman who d
Dija
Apr 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of short, cute romances.
Recommended to Dija by: Smut Monday Club

Entertaining dialogue.

Beautiful story.
Alexa = AMAZING.
Rather predictable, overall.
Grinned like an idiot throughout.
Absorbing writing style.
Immensely fun read.
Nice and short.

For more reviews, visit my blog.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
*spoilers ahoy! Check yourself before you wreck yourself!*

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Mags~CVAddikt~
This book unravels the mystery of every girl's fantasy!!!!!!!!

What every girl wants:

1) To look hot (skin and clothes)!!

2) Marriage!!!!!

Wait!!! No!!! My mistake!!! A great wedding with a hot groom!!!!

3) Marriage + Hot Husband + Money!!

4) Ohhh but the marriage will last forever and the hot millionare guy has to really really love you ...and you know ... babies!!

5) Of course there is the supermodel ex-girlfriend

But ... she doesn't have the spark and the husband prefers the girl with boobs!!

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
0 stars!
DNF 38%
This book was so stupid!! Who says shit like this?! Can I have my 5 dollars back? Ugh, if not, could I somehow give this negative rating? This is me on my contemporary horse. A few more to come.

♡Karlyn P♡
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Almost a DNF. I came soooooo close to chucking this one, but I skimmed the last third of the book as I did want to finish. Overall this was a very underwhelming read. I love a great contemporary romance with steam, but this was too formulaic and lacked a decent story to keep me interested. The plot was just downright boring. I do like a marriage of convenience plot, but this was just too hokey as they keep going back and forth on their desires for sex. The heroine's need to lie was baffling, and ...more
MBR
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of marriage of convenience theme, fans of Jennifer Probst, Everyone who LOVES romances!
All romance lovers out there, make way for the superbly talented Jennifer Probst who has succeeded in earning herself an auto-buy spot on my already long list of authors whose books I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase. Not only do I immediately purchase Jennifer Probst’s books, but I stop everything I am reading at the moment and plunge into her books with an enthusiasm that tells a story of its own.

27 year old Alexandria Maria McKenzie (Alexa) is in a bit of a dilemma. She needs a husband, preferab
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! It was sweet, funny, fresh, fun and very engaging. A truly sweet romance. I loved everything about it except for the fact....IT WAS TOOO SHORT!!! :( I really hate it when that happens...the best stories are always the short ones..WHY OH WHY!!?? I could have easily read about Nick and Alexa for a long time.....like oh I don’t know 500 or 600 pages more!! I loved the story and the romance. This book totally brought on my girly-girl....and I couldn’t help but swoon and drool... ...more
Elena
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: february-2012
LOOOL

She gave an unladylike snort. “You want a Stepford wife without the sex. Haven’t you learned anything about women since you were fourteen?”
“I learned plenty. That’s why Uncle Earl had to force me into an institution that favors women in the first place.” She gasped. “Men get plenty out of marriage!”
“Like what?”
“Steady sex and companionship.”
“After six months the headaches start and you bore each other to tears.”
“Someone to grow old with.”
“Men never want to grow old. That’s why t
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review -Quick Review
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Contemporary romance

Alexa squirmed in her seat as the silence in the BMW stretched between them. Her husband-to-be seemed just as uncomfortable, he chose to focus his energy into his MP3 player. She tried not to wince when he settled on Mozart. He actually enjoyed music without words. She almost shuddered again when she though of sharing a residence with him. For. An. Entire. Year.

"Do you have any Black Eye Peas?"

He looked puzzled by the qu
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
I liked it, but I'm not sure if I loved it. Will sleep on it first. 3.5/4 stars so far.

Arlene
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Arlene by: Smut Monday Club
Shelves: adult, romance, read-2012
I really enjoyed this one! So much so that I have a ton of funny quips and scenes highlighted on my eReader.

In The Marriage Bargain two childhood “friends” (and I use that term loosely), agree to enter into a marriage of convenience. Nick needs a wife as a condition to inherit some cash, and Alexa is willing to accept the terms of the bargain for a small payout of her own to help save her family’s home. When their contract requirements begin to collide, sparks start to fly and Nick and Alexa fi
Blacky *Romance Addict*
This was a lovely read :)

Just what I needed, something light, funny and romantic.

Alexa needs money to save her family house, and Nick needs a wife so he could inherit his family business. The funny thing is, she makes a list what her perfect husband should be like, and he does the same for his "to-be" wife XD
Needless to say they are complete opposites, the only thing they actually agree on is that they need to marry each other. And so the fun starts XD They are attracted to each-other, but they
Saly
I liked the book, the way it was written how these two faced of against each other and were opposites. They entered into a marriage of convenience, the heroine because she needed money for her family, the hero because his uncle's will stipulated it.
The heroine believes in love, family, animals, kids, the hero doesn't. They both agree to be celibate for a year but it is tough and there are moments when they almost fall for the attraction between them & the poor hero even let's his ex-girlfriend
Leslie
Mar 08, 2012 rated it liked it
An incredibly fun, light, humorous and sexy read!

Nick needs a wife. His late uncle makes sure of that, too as details are revealed in his will. There is a set timeline for Nick to marry, which will grant him his uncle's wealth, and we're talking millions, upon his death. Trouble is, Nick comes from a broken family with enormous dysfunctional luggage, and even though he's capable of loving women, he dosen't ever see himself falling "in love" with a any woman, much less having a family.

Alexa is N
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I made it almost all the way through this before my loathing for Nick finally overcame my desire to see Alexa happy. And it's not so much that Nick is a jerk and completely unworthy of her attention (though he is those things). It's that he doesn't make any sense in a tropey way that I wish authors would stop trying to make work. Let me lay it out in explicit terms. If a guy prides himself on rational analysis, then he can't possibly believe the truly stupid propositions that love doesn't exist ...more
Rachel (BAVR)
I actually enjoyed reading this book because it was such an easy read. But full disclaimer ahead: I did not appreciate the storyline AT ALL, and my review will devolve into my problems with creativity in the romance market and the hero that I didn't like at all. Read on if you're prepared for the snark.

I've read this wangst before. Emotionally Stunted Super Douche enters a marriage of convenience with teh evulz womanz, falls in insta-lust, gets emotionally involved, and then loses his damn mind.
Tamara
2,5 stars

The reason for reading: Wanted something short and light.

Worth the experince?:

Eh... Wont continue the series.

Two stars given for: It wasnt horrible. It was just 'meh'. I liked the beginning.

Half star given for: Not introducing too many characters for the rest of the series even though I can see the second book's premise coming from miles away thanks to the way two characters were introduced (and of course the next book's hero had to be in love with this book's heroine *rolls eyes*)

Star
♥Rachel♥
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Smut Monday Club
I loved this one! This was such a fast, entertaining, and sexy read.

Nick and Alexa were childhood friends, but hurt over adolescent stupidity, drove them apart. Alexa is still best friends with Nick's sister, Maggie, and this is how Alexa and Nick end up together again in a business arrangement. Nick needs a wife quick, to fulfill conditions in a will, and Alexa needs money quick, to bail her parents out of debt, so they won't lose the family home. Nick doesn’t want a real wife, he feels he cou
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romance readers
The Marriage Bargain is a romance novel by Jennifer Probst. I was in B&N one day and looking through their "read in store" selections and found this title. I like the occasional romance and decided to give it a try with the one hour read for free that B&N offers for their Nook customers. I instantly fell in love with this story. I hadn't even read for the full hour yet, was only 20 pages in before I decided to purchase it and continue on!

This is the typical romance novel where the motivation fo
Christy
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
A fun sweet romantic story- I enjoyed reading it.
Dora Koutsoukou
2 😢😢⭐️s

I am very sorry to say that this book was not written well at all.

Within most of the paragraphs both main characters’ inner thoughts were provided and it was very confusing and disturbing.

Also, the mixture of third person narrative with first person pov and having to read dialogues not accompanied by the respective person was exhausting and tiring.
Beate
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, favorites
This book right here is the reason why I'm so willing to give small press and selfpublishing a chance. This book right here is the reason why I so patiently roam Amazon and Goodreads, looking for new and undiscovered authors, why I put up with a lot of really bad books in the hopes they will lead me to something like this.

The Marriage Bargain is a good romance book. The kind that is hard to find these days. Most books that hide under the Romance banner are erotica books in disguise. So finding s
Anne OK
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-reads
This delightfully captivating book is written by a new-to-me-author. Simply put, this was just what the doctor ordered. I had such fun reading Jennifer Probst’s “The Marriage Bargain.”

Both characters stole my heart from the very start. Each had a major problem requiring a quick fix. Alexa needs money to save her family’s home from foreclosure. Nick needs a wife to fulfill the conditions set forth in his uncle’s will allowing him to inherit full control of his family’s business. If she’ll be his
Catarina
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Alexa and Nick were childhood friends that grew into teen crushes, but unfortunately with time they lost contact.
However, Alexa and Maggie, Nick’s sister, remain best-friends so when both of them are in trouble, Maggie has the solution: Alexa needs money to save her parents house. Nick needs a wife so he can fully inherit his company. So they have a pretend marriage, they both get what they need and within a year they go live their separate lives. But what begins with a fake commitment… yes, yo
Laura Kaye
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read The Marriage Bargain in one day because I got sucked in and could not put it down. The characters were so well drawn and interesting, the chemistry and sexual tension between them crackled off the page, and Probst made me cheer for them to finally admit their feelings and get together. The book was also laugh out loud funny in a few places, I'm thinking of the discovery of the hidden dogs scene in particular. But the opposites attract theme provided a lot of these moments. Just an all aro ...more
KatLynne
This is a fun, sexy read that I enjoyed...3.5 stars

Jennifer Probst took the Marriage of Convenience plot and with her witty dialog, the strong build of sexual tension and finally those hot love scenes and made this a winner.

Nick Ryan doesn't believe in marriage stating the "dream of forever is a fairy tale." I loved watching Alexa break through his self-made barriers and bring this hot-blooded, sexy man to his knees. He has lived a life of not feeling wanted and clearly is a lost, tortured soul
Syndi
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is delicious,sexy, fun, and hit the points into marriage life.
I love the characters. Especially alexa. She is a kick ass heroine. She is sassy, clever and vulnerable. She plays nick like a fine violin. I just laugh out loud of her seduction method.

And nick... poor nick. He is such a logic male that has no idea how to deal with alexa. But i adore his love towards alexa. Love love these 2 characters.

5 perfect stars.
Brandy
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. I might have liked it better if the guy wasn’t such an ass.
Smitten's Book Blog
Oct 17, 2012 rated it liked it

A quick, easy read. This book didn't rock my world but it was pleasant and undemanding. A nice blend of tension, angst, wit, romance, love and steam.

Hell, at this rate she’d end up in the mental institution by the end of the year.
Cause: Celibacy.

There weren't any rip-your-heart-out moments for me but I loved the building sexual tension and the avoiding of the inevitable.

I felt that the book would have benefited from a little more depth to take it up a notch, from good to great, and
looking for a similar book 1 21 Jan 12, 2018 11:12PM
looking for a book with a plot similar to The Marriage Bargain PLEASE HELP! 12 324 Sep 17, 2017 04:48PM
If you had the opportunity to do the love spell, what would be on your list? 7 86 Feb 23, 2016 09:47AM
Who is the cover model? 3 177 Jan 22, 2014 08:05PM
Looking for a simila book, can you help? 3 198 Sep 26, 2013 10:15PM

• The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1)
  • Tangled (Tangled, #1)
  • Kiss an Angel
  • Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1)
  • The Contract (The Contract, #1)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
  • Bossman
  • On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
  • Perfection (Neighbor from Hell, #2)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Fallen Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #1; Too Far, #1)
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • The Proposition (The Proposition, #1)
  • The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
  • What Price Paradise
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • RoomHate
Jennifer Probst wrote her first book at twelve years old. She bound it in a folder, read it to her classmates, and hasn’t stopped writing since. She holds a masters in English Literature and lives in the beautiful Hudson Valley in upstate New York. Her family keeps her active, stressed, joyous, and sad her house will never be truly clean. Her passions include horse racing, Scrabble, rescue dogs, I ...more

Marriage to a Billionaire (4 books)
  • The Marriage Trap (Marriage to a Billionaire, #2)
  • The Marriage Mistake (Marriage to a Billionaire, #3)
  • The Marriage Merger (Marriage to a Billionaire, #4)