Start by marking “Jason & Cadence (The Wolf's Mate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jason & Cadence (The Wolf's Mate, #1)

Jason & Cadence

(The Wolf's Mate #1)

For 14 years, alpha wolf Jason has watched his partially marked mate Cadence live her life without him. Circumstances force his hand and he must find a way to get her to uncover her buried memories of their past before someone else steps up to take her from him.

For as long as she can remember, hybrid wolf Cadence has loved Jason with every fiber of her being,but he’s cons
Published January 19th 2012 by R.E. Butler

To ask other readers questions about Jason & Cadence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jason & Cadence

Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonFeral Sins by Suzanne Wright
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
1,018 books — 1,476 voters
Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisShiver by Maggie StiefvaterBlood Rites by Quinn LoftisNightshade by Andrea CremerLinger by Maggie Stiefvater
Werewolves
796 books — 1,195 voters

More lists with this book...

Pam
Jun 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3, alpha, shifters, steamy-hawt
3 stars
"We were made for each other, she belongs to me, she’s my female alpha."

In the beginning I was totally into it, caught up in seeing what Jason would do to get Cadence back. Jason was a yummy alpha and Cadence was the perfect alpha female, they were very big into biting and marking their territory ;)BUT I couldn't really get into the story surrounding the two. You know that part where everything comes together, well at first I was all happy and excited, then I realized I had about anot
Gi's Spot Reviews
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I really, really want to know if he was a virgin/celibate during those years apart, after he MARKS her as mate. It kept nagging my mind, because he was 14 at the time, and knew she was his mate, without a doubt, so either he lost his virginity before that, but already having the feeling she was his mate. Or even worse and lost it after MARKING her as his... Because if he was a virgin, I think he would have mentioned it, like he hinted at being celibate... For me she had a huge excuse fo
Jill
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I was very excited to read this book, I have a fascination with wolves and shifters so it seemed like this would be the book for me.
I liked the characters, Candace had had it rough for a long time and I loved her determination to just get on with it. She was feisty and I cannot resist a feisty female. Jason, I liked as well. If we didn't have his point of view, then you would just think he was a jerk, but we do, so I could feel sorry for him and his impossible situation.
The tension between thi
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
The first 50% bugged me with the triangle vibe. Then I liked Jason so I kept reading. T love shifter books but one part went past my comfort zone. I did like the writing and it flowed well. I just liked this one..didn't love it.

I need to add the the majority of the safe readers like reading the heroine with other men so they had this marked as safe.There are some of us who don't want to read our heroines or heroes with other people. This is not a safe book. The heroine kisses another man several
Sammy Loves Books
I fell in love with R.E. Butler's writing after reading A Curve of Claw and a Flash of Fang. This was a fun read about a young wolf that marked his mate at a very young age. So young in fact that his father forbid him or any of the wolves in their pack from telling her what the marks meant.

description

Well 14 years later, everyone in the pack has remained tight lipped and Cadence is confused as to why no wolf will touch her or even ask her out on a date. The wolf of her dreams, sexy alpha Jason, abruptly s
Rachel Wheeler
May 22, 2012 rated it liked it

It was really good at first and sorta fizzled at the end. It was a sweet read and very sexy at times. It definitely filled my "were"/ craving.

I might read the next book but its not on my priority list.

Mara
May 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr
Indie

A nice unusual story line saves this book from a lower rating. Mind you, it's a pleasant, if bland, reading, but I'm shocked to say it should have been a novella or a novelette. :P
At 60% you get your HEA, then you get the aftermath of it: reactions, playing house, wedding planning, marital bliss, etc. My interest dropped rapidly. You usually want more when you had a stunning story/couple and you can't stop wanting more. Well, this isn't such a story, so I wasn't at all thrilled of getting m
Mystique
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
long, but w/ an abrupt ending;(
Malinda
3-3.5 stars

This was a good story. Jason and Cadence were engaging characters and their story did keep me interested in finding out what happened next.

Cadence is a wolf hybrid, something that's never happened before. Her mother was a shifter but her father was human. Her mother died during childbirth and something about that infused Cadence with shifter-like powers even though she was never able to change. Cadence's father wasn't too happy about her wolf side and made Cadence miserable growing u
The BookChick
My Rating: ❤❤❤
GOOD: The characteristics of a 3 star book include: interesting characters, a decent storyline, and unique story elements; there was something about the story that I didn’t completely connect with; the book is a solid read. I would recommend it to a friend.
Book Description:
Tracey
How many times can you say I love you on a page, in this book alot it seems! Okay we don't all come out with deep meaning speeches to express our love all the time, I almost got sick of the 'I love you's' - but then in another way it was more realistic!

Jason and Cadence best friends, with sweet memories of playing together as kids, after playing one afternoon Jason decides to make her his mate and marks her, she is too young to be marked and action is taken to protect her, as far as she is conce
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4 Rockin’ ★★★★
R.E. Butler’s, The Wolf's Mate Book 1: Jason and Cadence’s story is an unexpected find. It has a surprising storyline that is full of adventures just waiting to happen. Plunging the reader into the world of wolf shifters where our hero and heroine are woven together by a unique bond that is so strong it survives years of neglect and at points, almost hate. Jason and Cadence's happily ever is a rough and rugged road with lots of hazards and pitfalls for our couple.

Ca
Radiant
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jason never thought that claiming his best friend and the girl he spend all his childhood with..his love of life...Cade..will lead to complications and he has to suffer in future.To add she never remembers it and its meaning enough to know that he is her mate - true mate.

But all he wants is his beast/wolf to not hurt her..but hes hurting her anyways by ignoring her,being away from her all these 14 years and all he want is to take her in arms and never let go.

Cade never knew why Jason ignored her
Dawn
The Wolf's Mate is about a wolf named Jason who marked his woman when she was to young and as a result no one could tell Cadence about what happened. This continues for more than a decade. Cadence is in love with Jason but she feels like he does not love her and Jason loves Cadence but he cannot tell her anything.

This one has been popping up on my kindle recommendations list for awhile and for 99 cents I thought why not. Overall the book is a little predictable but for me it still worked. I tho
Liz
This book left a lot to be desired. First the H/h don't get together until a little bit over 50% then by 70% all issues are resolved. The writing felt rushed and stilted....at the beginning I was complaining because she wasn't moving the plot along fast enough then suddenly she's rushing everything and tying it up with a nice little bow. Then you have 30% left of the book and the author is back to dragging this book out for pages and pages.

All in all take a pass on this book, I was being generou
Kirsten Lenius
Jun 09, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm rather glad that I read the second book in this series before I reviewed this one. This one needs some editing. A lot of the information was passed in a kind of odd internal dialogue, no matter which character's head we were in. Some of it read like the narration for a fashion show. Either way, I wasn't really impressed. The story was also drawn out and could have been more effective with some judicious cuts.

I can say that it did improve toward the end and that the next story in the series
Katie
Initially Read: January 2014
This is one of my favourite wolf shifter books that I have read so far.
I love especially love the scenes in the bar where Cadence takes a bat to a male wolf shifter for touching her friend as well as when Cadence kicks a she-wolf's ass for calling her 'mutt'- oh, I love that part.
This is a book I would happily read again and again.

Re-Read: September 2015
Tanielle
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not bad, I thought this was going to be a second chance type deal but once the details came out it was actually good. I wanted more from the Chris situation though. You don't get a clear reason on what happened there. Plus, with the other pack leaving it kind of felt like it was taking away from the story. Jake seemed like he knew what was going on as well but the reason behind what he told Jason never came out.
Tia
Nov 17, 2012 rated it liked it
This novel was so weird in some ways but at the same time it was good and enjoyable. I didn't like that Cade didn't remember her mating bite and all the drama that followed afterwards. It totally upset the balance in the story.. especially the end stuff with Chris.
Angela
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Started off really good...then sort of fell flat.
♛✨  Christine ♛✨
A fantastic novel for any werewolf craving.
Heather
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it
More reviews like this are available on www.mackenziesmountain.com
This is the first book in the Wolf's Mate series by R.E. Butler. A friend recommended it to me.

I had mixed reactions to this novel. The writing style felt juvenile to me and I had a difficult time getting into the story, although it did get better as it went on ... or I just adjusted to the author's style.

I enjoyed the storyline of Jason marking Cadence as a child, and then having to retreat and wait for her to grow up while tr
Marissa
i dont really know how to review this book because on one hand i really liked it and on the other hand after finding out some information for the second book made me really hate this book. does that me sense? i loved how the heroine was strong but i found it so un fucking realistic to wait 14 years for your fucking mate!! this was a werewolf book but honestly it sounded like the hero was no fucking alpha. there was none of the things that i normally love about werewolves in this book and it was ...more
Bronwyn
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have picked up by this author and I'm glad I did as it was very enjoyable.
I'm a huge fan of shifter stories and her take on them was interesting. Great character and world development, though one small criticism was that towards the end, after the mating ceremony, it kinda didn't go anywhere interesting, what we got was ok of course but it didn't seem to add anything of huge importance to the story.
A lot of the steamy scenes take place towards the end as well and there
L M
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I usually love everything by this author but this just missed the mark for me. Didn't like the two H's by the end of the book and wasn't worried about what happened to them.
This book sort of lost its way for me. Apart from being slightly confusing as to wether they were or weren't mates. Jason marked Cadence as children but he does nothing to keep her in his life due to being told to stay away. That is fine as youngsters but once he became alpha surely that is a moot point.
Cadence is a strong wo
Jennifer Long
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!

If your a fan of shifters than this book is for you. It has a sassy female protagonist and an equally rough male one. Jason is the alpha of a wolf pack but is missing the other half of himself. Cadence has been in love with Jason for so long and does everything and anything she can think of to push his buttons but when Cades comes back home after college and starts noticing how people are treating her differently. Jason has 4 weeks to convince Cades that he loves her and that they are mean
Kaitlin Schnepf
Jan 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Oh man. If this is the author’s first book then I’d say it’s an ok first crack at writing. The world building was almost nonexistent. I never connected with the characters. Why should we care about them? What makes them interesting or relatable. All Jason does is stand around and brood. Like do something man! There was no connection between them and the dialogue was very stiff and formal.
Sue Davis
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable OVER 18+ READING

Jason (the alpha) and Cadence (half human and half wolf)had a special marked at nine but the memory changed so she wouldn't know it. Two alpha's agree to forbid anyone from talking about it or explaining anything to her unless she ask , which she didn't. She just felt bad an excepted it.Finally something changed and she did ask questions which led at last to a HEA ending. I will be reading Book 2 in this series next and then the rest.
Sony
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read!

I found this to be an enjoyable read. The characters and storyline well written. I like the hero better once he pulled his head out of his uhh, you know. The heroine had gone through so much and still a strong character. I can't wait to read about the heroines friends Callie and Michael, they don't have to end up together but if they do all the better.
Krystal Philipps
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fell in love with this story!

I had never read a book by this author, had a few in my wish list, snagged it @ 0.99 sale. I couldn't couldn't stop reading this young love childhood friendship story. Had to get a few of more of this series and can't wait. Each one after is of the characters that had been in this story and met at one point.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Siberian Werewolf in London (Siberian Volkov Pack, #2)
  • Darkness of the Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #4)
  • The Big Bad Wolf Romance Compilation (The Big Bad Wolf, #1-4)
  • Wicked Werewolf Secret (Werewolf Society, #2)
  • Pack of Lies (Red Ridge Pack, #1)
  • Darkest Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #7)
  • The Alpha's Mate (The Wolvers, #1)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves #5)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Leader of the Pack
  • Vulfen Alpha's Mate (Vulfen Cadre, #1)
  • Awakening the Nightmare (Symmetria #1)
  • Territory (Territory, #2)
  • Heart of the Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #7)
  • Tempting Whispers (The Kategan Alphas, #6)
  • Bound by the Night (Bound, #4)
A midwesterner by birth, R.E. lives on the East Coast now, enjoying the seagulls and the ocean. When she's not writing, you'll find her curled up with her Kindle, playing with her kids, or jonesing for chocolate.

Author of five series, R.E. loves to explore the supernatural and dream about what might be if people really did get furry once a month.

The Wolf's Mate (7 books)
  • Linus & The Angel (The Wolf's Mate, #2)
  • Callie & The Cats (The Wolf's Mate, #3)
  • Michael & Shyne (The Wolf's Mate, #4)
  • Bo & Reika (The Wolf's Mate, #5)
  • Logan & Jenna (The Wolf's Mate, #6)
  • Lindy & The Wulfen (The Wolf's Mate, #7)
“She gave his fake boob a poke. "What the hell is in here?"
He laughed and pulled the top down part of the way to reveal a grapefruit. She groaned onto her hands.
"Hey, I know it's been a while since I've seen a real tit up close, but I think I remember the basic shape. What would you have used?"
"Oh, hell, Michael,I have no idea what a man uses to stuff a maid's uniform. Where did you get it anyways?"
Another of his shit-eating grins lit his face. "From the plus sized section of the lingerie store in Sweedesboro. I'm a woman's extra large." He was so proud of the fact that she laughed until her side ached.”
22 likes
“I know you’re cousins but you’re like fourth cousins.  It’s not necessarily too icky.” ” 0 likes