Start by marking “Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1)” as Want to Read:
Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1)

Uninvited

(South Hills Sidekicks #1)

When Alley started her senior year at Upper East High in the South Hills area, it was supposed to be the usual drag of hanging out with people who spent more on one outfit than Alley did on her entire wardrobe. That was until Kirsten, a girl in their clique, suddenly goes missing and the only people who seem to care are her friends. All evidence leads to the new comer Shan ...more
Published February 11th 2012 by Leah Spiegel and Megan Summers

To ask other readers questions about Uninvited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uninvited

(Read using Kindle Unlimited)

This was an interesting mystery story, even if these girls weren’t the best detectives.

I liked the characters in this book, even if Val was ridiculously accident prone, and they all made mistakes at points. I found Shane’s character to be a bit weird though, as it seemed a little odd that he was pretending to be a high school student.

The storyline in this was alright, and I didn’t guess who had kidnapped Kirsten. I was a little surprised when it was revealed exactly
Megan
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have to say that I really wanted to like this book. It sounded like a good book. Unfortunately, it just wasn't for me. Alley is a high school senior who hangs out with a bunch of rich girls, even though she isn't really "one of them." Her BFF, Val is a total klutz and a lot of the book is spent describing Val falling down. Seriously, it was like every other page. Anyways, Alley, Val, Libby, Kayla, and Kirsten make up their little group. Ki
Melanie
Not my type of book at all. Review to come. DNF. I read for first 80 pages then the last chapter.
Emily Anne
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Uninvited was a pretty awesome read! The book doesn't take itself too seriously yet I was still intrigued by the story and mystery. It was even more enjoyable after reading a few darker reads beforehand. I gobbled this light book up, even though I am not always one for the genre. I would recommend Uninvited to anybody looking for a reading vacation.

I really enjoyed Ally's narration. For the most part, she is very likable, and very vivid. I have the feeling we could be friends! Also, she made me
Darkfallen
Jun 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-n-reviewed
While I don't really dig the cover of this book, I enjoyed the pages!

Alley is starting her senior year of high school at Upper East High, and it's just as it sounds...a school for the wealthy and privileged. Although Alley isn't at all either of those two things. Luckily for her, her best friend Val is one of the popular and therefore she is by default. Expecting a normal year of school until everything changes when Kirsten, head cheerleader, goes missing. Then things go from bad to worse when V
Rachel
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Honestly, I didn’t know what we were doing here as I jerked the jeep into the first available space next to the stadium. What did they expect to find at a soccer game; Kirsten tied up in the locker room?” pg. 176

Uninvited by Leah Spiegel and Meg Summers is the first of a trilogy. In this book, the protagonist Alley, her best friend Val and her friends Kayla and Libby search for their missing friend Kirsten. First suspect? Shane. The mysterious new student who Libby saw having a mysterious conve
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, contemporary
I want to thank the authors for providing me with a copy of this book to read and give an honest review. Receiving this book for free has in no way influenced my opinion or review.

Normally, I'm not much of a contemporary read fan. I do, however, enjoy the YA variety. Usually it's much more tame than NA, and there's so much more of a story line. This book was no exception. Not only was it a contemporary read, but it was a mystery, as well. It was fun and I was intrigued the entire time!

Blurb from
Leigh (bibliosky)
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ORIGINAL REVIEW AT: LITTLE BOOK STAR
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

There are lots of cliques in the school, but there are 2 particular cliques that are always mentioned in the book. There is Val’s clique (Kirsten, Alley, Kayla and Libby) and Taylor’s clique. This book is written in Alley’s perspective and at first, I thought that it was going to be about how Alley struggles being liked by the popular girls. It was mentioned that the only reason why the rest of the girls in Val’s clique hangs out with
Joke
Aug 01, 2012 rated it liked it
I received an ebook copy in exchange for an honest review

Alley is a senior high school girl and hangs out with a gang of four popular girls, not because she wants to but coz her BFF Val is one of them, "popular bij assocation" is the term that seems appropiate. Kirsten, one of the girls is organizing a sweet 18 Birthday party but doesn't show up for her dressing and seems to have disapeared into thin air.
The 4 girls decide to start investigating to find out what happened...

I liked the clumsy but
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: Print Book for Honest Review

So I was given the opportunity to be part of this tour and I jumped on it because it gave me a chance to read this series again.

First off I am a huge fan of Leah Spiegel and Meg Summers. They have a gift at being able to capture the essence of YA, with an elements of funny, serious, relationships and suspense.

I totally forgot about how Alley the cute, sarcastic witty girl gets the attention from the bad boy undercover cop.

At the same time gets in a world of
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
This was cute!
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

When you look at the cover and read the blurb you know what's the first word that came to my mind - silly. It actually was silly at the times, but besides that it was such a funny read that I couldn't stop laughing and not to mention mysterious which I really didn't expect.

This is Alley's story. She is a girl attending high school, but she is in a bit unusual company. Her best friends are as cliche as they can be. Spending a lot of money on c
Anna
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really wanted to read this book. So when I got the chance to read it in exchange for a review, I was thrilled. Unfortunately, my computer kept crashing. Bottom line, I couldn't read it. So I got myself an e-reader and started reading..

The book is about four girls, Alley, Val, Libby and Kayla, who start searching for her friend Kirsten when she suddenly goes missing. Who took Kirsten and why would they take her? Especialy Val takes this way to serious, acting like she's an investigator and all.
Ashley
Aug 12, 2012 rated it liked it
A nice lighthearted read, something get your mind off things.

When I read the synopsis of this book I thought it might be a good mystery and expected it to be somewhat like the pretty little liars. Upon reading it I found it to a little different.

As much as I liked this novel I still found somethings that may not be everyones cup of tea. I found the insistence on using current celebrities and styles to describe things rather than actual descriptions to be a bit frustrating. For instance if I di
Lelia Taylor
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
Looking for a fun way to spend a day or two or three? Look no further, Uninvited is the perfect fluffy entertainment and you won’t be sorry you decided to hang out with Alley and her pals.

One of the oddities (to me) that I’ve noticed in contemporary young adult fiction is the repetition of certain stereotypical behaviors, most notably that the popular girls must also be mean girls. I’m happy to say that Ms. Spiegel and Ms. Summers have avoided that trap and these four are actually pretty nice to
Ebere
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I want to start by saying that this “to me” was a great book. The main character Alley is starting her senior year of high school at Upper East High as part of a popular clique with her best friend Val. Another one of the popular girls Kristen goes missing after introducing a new guy to their group. Alley and Val think Shane the new guy has something to do with Kristen’s disappearance and decide to investigate on their own and the antics ensues. This was a fun suspense/investigative read with a ...more
Gloria Hansen
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Alley is a 17 year old girl attending high school with a normal house, normal car and a simple closet unlike all the girls and boys at Upper East High.

On her first week back to school she meets Shane, a really good looking new student and soon starts to learn thing about him as one of her friends despairs and her best friend Val decides to take it in her own hands to investigate the mystery behind her kidnap and the relation with the new guy.

She gets into a whole lot of trouble for trying to bac
Nicki
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
I gave this book 2 stars, because according to the ratings of Goodreads, that means "it was ok", and that's what I thought of it.

I had to push through this to give a review, and it was not the author's fault. This just isn't my type of book I guess. It wasn't written poorly at all, and the story made sense and it would be a fun book I suppose if I was in high school or middle school, but I'm not. I probably should've passed on it in the first place, but since I read it I will review it.

Personal
Renetta
I just don't seem to tire of the whole high school girly, clique theme. Alley and Val are best friends who keep getting in the way of the investigation while trying to solve the crime of their friend who has disappeared. I loved Val, she's determined, loyal and pretty clumsy. I can relate to that! She's definitely the comic relief while she's trying to solve the crime, or just make it to school for that matter, in her Jimmy Choos. There are of course hot guys and a love interest for Alley which ...more
Erfa Tahir
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: two-stars, reviewed
First off, I would like to thank Shut Up And Read for providing me with this book to read. I'm highly grateful.
Coming to the book, I started it a couple of days ago just after I finished reading and reviewing another ARC ebook, which I didn't enjoy at all. So coming into this book, I was a little tentative cuz I did not want to end up disappointing myself, and I guess the end result is sort of - neutral.
Two stars. It wasn't amazing enough for me to like it, but it wasn't that bad either. I'm not
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Rating - 4.5

That was the most fun I've had in a while. I really enjoyed reading this book and I'm definitely getting the next one. It's Nancy Drew but with four senior girls in High School and a touch of 21 Jump Street. I loved the fact that I didn't figure it out until Alley did. Alley is the main character and the book is done in her POV. She goes to a ritzy school and is only with the popular crowd because her best friend, Val, is in that crowd. I don't know how many times I laughed out loud.
Revati Ragini
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I really liked this! I knew who he was well before it was revealed, but it didn't ruin the story at all. I didn't know who the 'bad guy' was for quite a while which was great, and there was lots of fun in between. Stupid teenagers and their stupid choices, and two people falling in love who aren't allowed to.

~:EDIT:~
Changed to 5 stars. My criteria for 5 stars is simple, will I read it more than once? If the answer is yes, then it's up to 5 stars. I read it again, so I upped it.
Heather
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
(This review can be found on my blog The (Mis)Adventures of a Twenty-Something Year Old Girl).

I loved this book!! It was cute, thrilling, and super interesting. The blurb definitely had me intrigued, and I'm glad that I was able to read this book.

So I'm not going to bore you with going over what the blurb's about since the official blurb is pretty spot on.

For some reason, the title reminded me of a ghost story even though the cover says otherwise. I don't really get the title. I guess it's beca
Fahima M (Hitch Theory)
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
For more book reviews, check out I Read, Ergo I Write

Actual rating: 3.5 stars

High school cliques? Check
Sensible MC? Check (Well, mostly)
Awesome friendships? Check
Hot new mysterious guy that no one knows anything about? Check
Flirting with romance? Check
Mystery? Check

Do you need anymore reasons to read this book?

I've always wondered, you know, how it would be to write a book along with another person. Obviously, you'll have double the talent and you could split the workload (maybe? I'm not sure) a
Adela Cacovean
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for book tour. Check here for giveaway: 23 Aug. - 2 Sept. 2013 http://vanillamoonblog.com/2013/08/23...

vanilla-rating-4-stars

I must admit one of the first things that got my attention was this book's super-cute cover. What can I say? It's something we all do, even some wouldn't admit it. Reading the plot summary, I thought it would be a fun read - and it was: a perfect summer read for me. So I was pretty excited when my book arrived, signed by both authors, who are sisters, and started reading it as soon as
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Review posted here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2012/06/indie-book-review-uninvited-south-hills.html

Big thanks to Leah and Meg for providing me with this book. I had a blast reading this. It was a teenage Nancy Drew in thousand dollar heels and the effect was adventurous, funny, and kind of cute. I do like the cover but I really thought I would have to deal with some grade-A bitchiness, but that wasn't the case. Yes, the girls are rich (with the exception of the main character), they we
Dianne
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
*Also posted at Oops! I Read A Book Again*

Thank you to Giselle of Xpresso Book Tours and the authors for the review copy. Having received a review copy did not affect my views of the novel.

Uninvited is classified as a "humorous YA chick-lit" and with the blurb saying that their friend has disappeared and that she's in danger and it's up to them to find her, I expected this to be an antic-filled, breezy mystery novel. And I didn't get any of those. Where was the humor? Oh yeah, right past the mid
Katie
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book and the beginning to the South Hills Sidekicks series. It was such fun and the characters were so fantastic that I couldn’t put it down. I had a little trepidation when I went to start the book, but as soon as I turned the first page I was hooked on the fun and unique world that these two wonderful ladies have created. The style of writing they have attributed to Uninvited was fabulous and like so funny.

Alley has started her senior year at Upper East High with her b
Frezanda
I have liked Leah Spiegel since her book "Foolish Games". However, I hesitated to buy this book because not many people rated this series in Goodreads. I am wary to add books with high ratings but few raters. This means that the high ratings have not been widely proven.
But, this book totally rise up to my expectation and even catch me off guard making me laugh like loons while reading.

Alley is a sensible, witty, and intelligent girl. She's one of the girl in the popular group even though only d
Isabel (Sab The Book Eater)
Jun 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
This review and more at Sab The Book Eater

I didn't like the general direction the book was going. So this girl goes missing and Alley's bestfriend, Val, decides it's up to them to crack the mystery. I thought it would be cool and fun because it started out pretty well but as I read on it turned into a series of really bad decisions.

The most annoying factor for me was how Alley felt more like the sidekick in the story. She constantly saved her bestfriend's ass and had barely anything to do with
April
Mar 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have to begin by saying that I first fell head-over-heels in love with Leah Spiegel’s writing when I read Foolish Games. This lady has an amazing way with story telling and bringing the characters and story to life effortlessly. She also has an amazing talent with the Young Adult genre and no matter what your age, you will quickly become engulfed within that tingle of first love.
Uninvited is the first book in the South Hills Sidekicks trilogy. When I first began reading, I was reminded a bit o
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap84}-South Hills Sidekicks: Uninvited 70 191 Apr 18, 2013 11:59PM
  • The Mirror & The Meretrix (Blackstone & Brenwen, #1)
  • Witch Moon (Shayne's Supernaturals, #6)
  • Lizzy Speare and the Cursed Tomb
  • First to Find (Caching Out, #1)
  • Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1)
  • Hereafter (Reaper, #2)
  • Hereafter (Afterlife #1)
  • The Guilty Innocent (Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, #2)
  • Charming Blue (Fates, #8)
  • Not Pretty Enough (Not Pretty Enough, #1)
  • Revenge of a Band Geek Gone Bad
  • An Unladylike Offer
  • The Slayer and the Sphinx  (The Slayer and the Sphinx, #1)
  • Power Play (Ragnarok on Ice, #1)
  • Horns of Power: Manifestations of the Horned God
  • Pledged (Soul Wars Saga, #1)
  • Conquer the Dark (The Dark, #2)
  • Nyx
An Edinboro University of Pennsylvania Graduate who once spent years drawing imaginary worlds and now writes about them with her sister, Megan Summers.

South Hills Sidekicks (3 books)
  • Confiscated (South Hills Sidekicks, #2)
  • Compromised (South Hills Sidekicks, #3)