Jump to ratings and reviews

Infinite Series #2

Infinite Devotion

Maya continues to delve into her past lives after death, and strives to complete the tentative journey required to reunite with her loved ones in heaven. She must relive and explore her former incarnations as the scandalous and misunderstood Lucrezia Borgia in Renaissance Italy; a young stowaway on the doomed Spanish Armada fleet; and the rebellious Irish Robin Hood, Count Redmond O'Hanlon. Her companions prove truer while her enemies grow stronger as her bygone adventures spin forth. This time she must experience the trials of loyalty and endure the hardships that only supreme devotion brings.

442 pages, Paperback

4 books126 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
21 (3%)
1 star
5 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 58 reviews
Profile Image for Yesenia Vargas.
Author 30 books325 followers
June 5, 2015
Overall a very good book! There were a few parts here and there that I had to plod through. Some of the Spain life for instance. But the plot always picks up, and it's exciting to see how the life will end because you know the character will eventually die. I loved the Pope life and the Irish Robin Hood life. One very emotionally charged. I wanted to cry. The other very funny!

I learned some things I didn't know about history as well, which is always fun. I think the author very accurately portrays historical background information without the reader hardly realizing it. You do not need to be a history whiz to enjoy or even understand this book.

The lessons the character learns in this book are amazing and heart-touching. I can't wait to see what happens in the third book and finally see Maya's last life! Definitely recommend.
Profile Image for OpenBookSociety.com .
3,809 reviews115 followers
August 26, 2012
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Angie

Once again I am not disappointed. I could not put this book down until I literally fell asleep while reading.

Although I know that none of Maya’s stories have a “happily ever after”, I am always saddened by the tragedy the main character has to endure to learn the lesson of that life.

As the title suggests, Maya has to learn devotion in this book and she lives four lives to accomplish this task. Its interesting to see who will fulfill the recurring roles in her life. In her life as Luis, a young Spanish boy, he/she starts to have feelings of deja vu. Certain people and places seem familiar. She also seems to be getting better at understanding what she’s supposed to learn.

In the first story Maya lives life as Italian Royalty. At first thought this sounds like the life of luxury, but the author, Waters, has certainly done her homework and I’m left heartbroken by all that this young woman must endure. It makes me more thankful for modern medicine and that I live in a time when I can be free to make my own choices.

I honestly can say that this is one of the best books I’ve read in a long time. It’s a series of short stories so there is a sense of closure in one respect, but because you know that they’re all connected you feel an overarching theme. Although there are clues in each story, at the end of each one there is a chart that shows who the characters were in each life.

In the epilogue Maya begins to understand things a bit better and Zachariah explains that she will have all the answers later, but not now. He also lets her know that she’s not done…. So I’ll be waiting impatiently for book 3. (I hope it’s not titled Infinite Patience!)

Profile Image for Tammy.
16 reviews
March 4, 2013
So, as I read the second book in the Infinite Series,I found myself AMAZED! I enjoyed this second book just as much as the first and so anxious for the third. My favorite life was during The Seventh Life Irish Robin Hood!
L.E.Water's has a way of drawing you in as you watch the main character evolve right before your eyes. You fight for him/her to reach where they need to be so he/she may finally be at the end of each their lives, so they may finally be able to see and be with family and friends in Heaven. About the time he/she thinks his/her life trials are finally over, here yet is another life to have to review.
My favorite line from this second book is, "The earth has no sorrows that Heaven cannot heal." Beautiful line!
Thank you L.E. Waters for your wonderful imagination and great writing!
Profile Image for Gaile.
1,260 reviews
February 11, 2013
This book takes up where Infinite Sacrifices left off. It is about the reincarnations of one soul and the lessons learned. I did not find this book as interesting or compelling as the first. This one also left off abruptly without coming to an end.
The one thing I do not like about ebooks is these novellas that do not end. The author puts out a segment of a manuscript while he is still writing the rest of it. This is a series that I think should have waited until he was completely finished before publishing anything!
Profile Image for Diane.
114 reviews3 followers
April 26, 2012
I liked this second book a lot, too, although it was more challenging reading, as the lives posed increasing challenges. Compelling, intriguing characters in complex interrelationships make for compelling life stories. Keep it up, L.E.!
Profile Image for Heather Lee.
11 reviews1 follower
February 27, 2017
Good read

I liked this book but there weren't enough lives and the last one was too long and was tedious to get through. I loved the first book so so much and this one let me down a bit, but not so much that I don't want to read the next one.
Profile Image for Chemaine Myers.
22 reviews1 follower
February 24, 2020
I love all the lives in this book, I learned a few things about history that I had to google and now I have historical book son these subject on my reading list.
The one life that keeps coming back to me even after reading this book was the life of Luis in the Spanish Armada, after he died, I wanted to know about what happened to the Captain, did Pepe married that girl and continue to live in Ireland. So many questions but no way to be answered completely.
I started reading book 3 but had to stop because my mind just keep returning to Luis and the ther stowaway boys.
Profile Image for Emanuela Tomova.
127 reviews
April 15, 2020
I just can't wait to read the third one of the series that I had just purchased. During the reading of the second, I was constantly thinking of it, which proves how intriguing and compelling it was. My favorite life was the one of Lurcezia Borggia and the least favorite was the Irish Robon Hood...
The moment with the drowning of the boy in the sixth life was so vivid - I had the impression of drowning myself...It felt so real. I love the journey through different ages and also the tables featuring the similarities in the various caracters straddling the different time periods.
Profile Image for Rachel Friedland.
172 reviews
August 9, 2017
Pretty good. More well-written (mostly) than the first, and the author has decreased the amount of lives in favor of longer stories, and I think that was a good choice, but I don't feel that the character development was all that it could have been. That being said, I enjoyed the book. I brought it on vacation with me and it was a good, light read to keep me entertained. I do plan to finish out the series because Edgar Allan Poe is going to be in one of the next lives.
Profile Image for Tonya OK.
358 reviews1 follower
January 8, 2021
Not bad, but somewhat disappointing after the first book. The first life in this one was fascinating and well-written, but the other two not so much. The second life was somewhat confusing and full of nautical jargon. The third had very little never pacing, too many characters and failed to engage me emotionally. Also, the writing style seemed to deteriorate and to become more amateurish closer to the end. Still enjoying the series overall, though.
50 reviews
March 6, 2020
And the story continues....

This second book was a bit more complicated and involved longer stories. The wrap up at the end helps it all come together, though. On to more lives and more adventures!!
29 reviews
July 12, 2020
I found the first lives more interesting - I didn't like the Irish Robin Hood story. He seemed out of character from the other lives he had lived. Quite selfish and arrogant. It is interesting how each life is linked to the other...life continues after death in another realm and on earth.
95 reviews
October 11, 2020
Love the context of these stories for lessons learned. However I did not think it was necessary to make the character to have been famous people of the past. Ordinary people could have had similar experiences and learned the same concepts. May or may not finish the series.
Profile Image for Elizabeth.
1,922 reviews10 followers
December 23, 2021
These are stories of the multiple lives of a single person. Each multiple life is a self contained short story. They are well done but every time I finish one particular life, I'm just not sure where the whole book is going and I'm not sure I care enough to find out.
Profile Image for Shanna Davis.
91 reviews1 follower
August 12, 2017
Another

The lives in this book are equally interesting. I particularly like the one where the three orphans ended up stowing away on a war ship.
131 reviews1 follower
August 14, 2017
Another excellent book!!

Loved the second book...can't wait for the next!! This was a real pleasure to read I highly recommend it!! Enjoy!!
Profile Image for Lorelle.
75 reviews
April 19, 2020
Thoroughly enjoying this series. Very intriguing, and enjoyable, going back through Maya’s lives.
Profile Image for Sarah.
231 reviews
August 22, 2019
•gelesen im weltbesten Hostel Tequila•

Leider deutlich schwächer als Teil 1. Aber trotzdem spannend und gut geschrieben
Profile Image for Jessica George.
159 reviews1 follower
January 4, 2016
Even better than Book 1!

I received Book 1 of this Infinite Series as a free book, and actually held onto it for quite a while before it finally caught my eye in my kindle library this past week! I quickly became involved in the intriguing story line. By the time I had completed the first book, I realized I was not at all ready to say good-bye to this series. Luckily, books 2 & 3 were already available, and even better - a book 4 is said to be in the works, too (I hope this is still true)! I quickly purchased the other two available books (thus far, only 1 - 3 are for sale). I loved each individual journey; traveling alongside the main character as her soul evolved often presented stressful & challenging situations, each with their own individual trials & tribulations. However, as her soul continued to learn & develop in each life, it became more evident that positive progression was beginning to show amongst the characters. Realizing people were repeatedly appearing in multiple story lines, as different characters within each of the different groups of souls, was truly a delight - I loved when the author threw that into the plot! The charts following each life help with organizing the multiple lives, as well as to better enable specific patterns to emerge (including some less obvious ones I may have missed otherwise). Planning to start the third book tomorrow...great series, I definitely give the first two books in the series each a positive recommendation!
Profile Image for L..
Author 1 book1 follower
September 2, 2014
A good follow up to her previous title. I would have to recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the first in the series. Her stories are intriguing and because of the format, I find them unpredictable… anything can happen. So for the entire lifetime I find myself trying to guess and many times find myself surprised.

My only complaint is that it is difficult for us (me) to follow along tracking who is who in the stories from past lives. This is not due to lack of organization, it is because now there are so many characters and I am not smart enough to keep them categorized. I have decided to just separate myself from the majority of the characters (remembering only the most prominent 4 or 5). I might not mention it, but it seems that the author has gone through great lengths to set this up for us. I just wish it were easier.

Will I read the next one? Sure I will.
Profile Image for George.
1,480 reviews6 followers
April 1, 2015
Maya continues to live her past lives.I was sucked into each story line. As the title suggests, Maya learns devotion in this book and she lives four lives. The lives posed increasing challenges. Compelling, intriguing characters in complex interrelationships make for compelling life stories.. The book has this charts after each story where you can see a correlation of who’s who. When the book is audible, those charts sound like Charlie Brown's teacher: "waaa-waaa, wahh-wahhh." So, I just skip over them and refer to the internet page that the author has constructed. The web page reference on the last life is a series of Irish sayings, not much use in deconflicting the characters, In this case, each life seems disconnected to the others without little bitty hints, so the epilogue is critical to tie the whole book together. I’m curious to know what will be next!
Profile Image for Holly.
86 reviews1 follower
October 24, 2013
An amazing second book to this series. I found I wasn't quite in the mood for the time-eras these lives were in, but that's my fault, not the author's. So it took me more than a day to get through this one, but it was still sooooo good.

If you're considering reading this series, I strongly recommend reading them in order. I know most people do...but I have a few friends who have no problem reading series and trilogies out of order...not really possible with this one. There's no opening sequence to pull you back into it...bam, you're right in the thick of another life immediately.

I loved it, time to go buy the next book. Read this series!!!
Profile Image for MaryJane Rings.
472 reviews1 follower
March 1, 2015
i read the first book which was an interesting story of fictional depiction of reviewing past lives. I wondered where the author was going with this concept and read this second book. The only real example of why past lives should be reviewed according to this author, was to see how we accomplished certain aspects such as sacrifice and devotion to a higher cause. I felt these concepts could be realized without the long tedious stories that the author has written. i'm not sure at this time whether I will read the 3rd book or if it is a series that will go on.
February 13, 2015
Excellent read

This second volume of three (so far), is a mesmerizing combination of several novellas. Each one has well defined people who, like celestial bodies, revolve around the central "soul"as it moves from life to life. Captivating stories that are sure to hold your interest, pass by quickly. Too soon, the book is finished and you are ready for the next. Fascinating!!
Profile Image for Shari.
106 reviews3 followers
October 3, 2015
Way too much for me.

The 1st book I gave 5 stars to. I read many books in between that and this one. Now there are just too many characters for me to remember who did what and who was who in the past lives. Even though the book has diagrams (which that alone tells you there is too much to remember) I still have problems because diagrams only tells you the names throughout all of the lives but not the relationships. If this review is confusing then don't try this book.
Profile Image for Natalie.
147 reviews6 followers
September 26, 2016
3.5 stars. Rating this book is tricky. It's difficult to see how each life fits into the greater narrative as your reading it until you come to the epilogue. And by reading the epilogue, I get hooked in for more. I think that if one were to read all four in the series in succession, it may be easier to understand how all of the lives fit together, and how the lessons learned in each life influence the other. I think I'll read book #3 immediately and see if my theory holds water.
Profile Image for Jenny.
324 reviews16 followers
August 7, 2016
This installment wasn't as good as the first one. The writing was and stories drew me in but maybe some of the newness of looking for souls wore off. I definitely liked the stories better in the first book than in this one. I'm still planning on reading the third one... maybe just not right away however.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 58 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.