Start by marking “Face Value (Sanctuary, #3)” as Want to Read:
Face Value (Sanctuary, #3)

Face Value

(Sanctuary #3)

This edition is no longer available.

Beckett Jamieson discovers he's adopted when a lawyer hands him a letter from his mother on his twenty-first birthday. His real name is Robert Bullen, but the Bullen family is involved in criminal activity of the worst kind. He decides to bring them down but ends up badly beaten and temporarily blinded. A Sanctuary agent takes him to a s
ebook, 1st edition, 177 pages
Published April 7th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Face Value, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face Value

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Mar 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, doctor-hero
I'm not sure why I'm giving this three stars

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority where this book and this whole series is concerned.

I don't hate it but I don't love it
There are a lot of books that are above it
And while these stories keep sucking me in
It's not because I think they are a win

This book is about Beckett, who is the long lost son and nephew in the criminal Bullen family from the first two books. This book picks up where the last one left off. Beckett has been beaten damn near to death
Karen
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RJ Scott + Sean Crisden = happy times...still loving this series. It's been a hella' lot of fun to sit and stitch to...so relaxing.
Amarilli Settantatre
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-romance
Anche il terzo episodio è davvero bello.
Da un lato, c'è il figlio segreto della famiglia Bullen, deciso a far luce sui crimini odiosi dei propri parenti, e dall'altro il sexy-adorabile dottore biondo ed esperto di arti marziali Kayden.
Già il nome Kayden riscalda il sangue (dopo Kinnon, adorabile!), ma è la coppia in sé che tiene incollati alle pagine, in attesa di vedere chi tra i due abbasserà la guardia.
Anche qui c'è un rifugio nascosto del Santuario, una baita ipertecnologica e blindata, lon
Trisha Harrington
Face Value is the third installment of R.J. Scott's Sanctuary series. This book was just as good as the others and it was a bit... sweeter, than the last book. The couple was introduced in the last book and we got a bit more one on one in the beginning unlike the other books. I loved the newer dynamic of this book.

Kayden and Beckett met after Beckett was injured. Kayden was the doctor who looked after him and nursed him back to health in a sense. They were not like the last two couples which I d
Ale Rivero
En esta tercera entrega considero que la autora se centró mucho más en el drama que implica la persecución de la familia Bullen que en el romance que es supuestamente la base de todo.
Por eso mismo se me hizo algo pesada la historia, aunque no insoportable y solo me quedé con un poco más de ganas de ver la relación de la pareja principal más a detalle.
Ahora mismo tengo muchas ganas de conocer las historias de Manny y Adam, así que espero que alguno sea protagonista de la siguiente entrega, inclus
Teri
This was cute. It was too short unfortunately, but definitely cute. Nothing new, a trope that's been done a lot, but I enjoyed it. I would have loved for it to be longer and for us to get a little more depth. Kayden has a very interesting past. Would have loved more of the guys together. Pages listed as 230, but I don't think that's accurate. I would like Manny's story if he has one, he tickles me, even though he hasn't had much page time in any book, I am always happy to see him.
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed by Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

Ms Scott has another winner on her hands with this third installment in the on going Sanctuary series. This book picks up pretty much where book two left off. Robert Bullen is working with the Sanctuary group in trying to bring down the Bullen brothers. Robert aka Beckett Jaimeson finds out from his late birth mother's attorney that he was placed and adopted by the Jaimesons right before his mother was killed and that he was also ass
SoCalBookReviews
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-borrowed
This is a Continuation the Sanctuary Series, following along the same storyline but includes some newer characters who we met from book 2. This is not a standalone, and These books really need to be read/listened to in order or you will become lost.
Kayden is an enigma, Part Doctor, and Part Ninja fighter. We get to learn his backstory which is really interesting and complex. And then we have Robert/Beckett Bullen, who is the son/nephew of the bad guys of this series. We learned from the previou
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
This Series is Sweet,Fun & Addictive

IMO~Beck went though alot in the last book, I think a cuddle/hug would have went along way in this book~Don't get me wrong the book is still a sweet read and Kayden is HAWT!

Okay~Bottom-line~ I'm So Really Liking It, BUT~

Honestly~
I have high expectations when I read about two men locked up together per se and one being all alpha master fighter/strategical expert,smexy green eyed doctor and the other being a courageous sweetie pie and blind....be still my
Joanne
Feb 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Face Value is book 3 of RJ Scott's Sanctuary series. For me it's the best one so far. I couldn't put it down. It picks straight up from the end of The Only Easy Day, and this story focuses on Beckett Jamison aka Robert Bullen, as he ends up the care of Sanctuary operative Kayden Summers. This book really pulls the story together and we find out a lot more about the backstory, whilst at the same time The tension between Beckett and Kayden hots up. I devoured this book and I couldn't put it down. ...more
Anke
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This one was better than the previous one, the suspense was still strong and the pair of MCs got more chemistry. Also it was a more realistic start of the relationship - if you can say that for a romance novel:)). At least there was no sudden deep love. So, now I have to wait for book No. 4.
Jilrene ♥
Enjoyable. I like Kayden. This whole series is one interconnected story. Really cool. On to the next book!
~nikki the recovering book addict
3 Stars...

3 Stars.. plus 0.5 stars because I liked this story better. So that’s actually 3.5 stars but rounded down so that makes it 3 stars... lol! I know... I know... that’s some serious convoluted crap there. But argh.... can’t find fault with an author for works that are years ago. I mean, recent works are awesome so I guess I just have to suck it up for older works. Right?

I think I’ve figured out the formula for this series. Badass operative + brave (and sometimes silly) civilian + some fig
Leyna
Apr 14, 2018 marked it as i-own-you-so-wait-patiently  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie, m-m, lgbtqia
Free on Amazon 14-04-2018

Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 stars

First published at Mm Good Book Reviews

Beckett is in grave danger, after finding out that he was adopted and that his own mother died he goes to his biological father to carry out the instructions in the letter left to him by his mother but now he is beaten, temporarily blinded and stuck in a safe house with a man he doesn’t even know. Kayden is frustrated to be stuck in the middle of nowhere when he could be out on assignment doing something, but t
Serena Yates
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This series is managing to keep the suspense going and definitely has my attention. Where we heard from the witness to a brutal murder in the first book, the victim’s step-brother in the second, this third volume now adds the point of view of the victim’s pseudo-boyfriend, who is also a member of the Bullen family, or rather the three brothers who are behind all the illegal activity. This story just gets more interesting every time there is a new book out.

Beckett Jamieson has a lot to digest in
DaisyGirl
1.5 Stars

On his twenty-first birthday, Beckett Jamieson discovers he's adopted. His real name is Robert Bullen of the Bullen crime family. While trying to solve the mystery of his birth-mother’s death and bring the Bullen family to justice, Beck gets caught by his biological father and uncle. He is badly beaten and temporarily blinded. Doctor Kayden Summers, a Sanctuary operative, is assigned to care for Beck. Spending time together in the safe house and tracking down the clues left by Beck’s bi
Tina
Apr 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Every Sanctuary book features another couple with an underlying criminal cases that stretches across all books. Recommended to read them in order.
Beckett is Gregory Bullen’s biological son but he hardly knows his dad. When he was four his mother understood what kind of man her husband was and she made sure he got away just before she died – he was adopted and grew up under another name. Now he’s 21 he’s receiving a legacy from his mom: proof of the criminal activities of the Bullen clan. When hi
O'Flaherty
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These guys are so cute! i really enjoyed this one as well, to be honest, it bothers me how pretty little romance there are in the books, it's alway all resolved (romantically) in the last few pages, that kinda sucks but the story is very captivating and I always want to know more about the murder and the whole mystery around it.
I'm also glad this one had a little more "action", a few tense moments during the end that I did not see coming.
so all in all, another great story in the series and will
Trish
Nov 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic, m-m, mystery
I really liked this installment. Beckett is only 21 in years but he has seen a lot which gave him an older sense of maturity and confidence.

The suspense and mystery of the story flowed well but the book was not as long as I thought. MC's had great chemistry but would have liked to see a bit more conversation b/w them before all hell broke loose. For example we know Beckett is studying at college but what does he want to do in life? And since Kayden did share his past with Beckett (all be it in
Usagi Tsukino
Jun 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I quite didn't like Kayden at the beginning of the book, but after a while I changed my mind, he wasn't that bad.
And, oh, Beckett- I wanted to hug him! Baby!
It was so intriguing, the only thing that made me stop reading was the fact that I needed to go to sleep.
Denise
Jul 08, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I liked this read but didn't love it. I really liked Beck and Kayden. I can't put my finger on what I didn't care for.

It may be the overlap with the previous book and the fact that the mystery was pretty much solved. Maybe the book was too short? The boys were just at the early stages of a relationship; it would have been nice to see how it developed.
Shannon
This was an entertaining read but felt like only part of a story to me. It ended and in my head I said "W.T.F?", maybe it was out loud, I don't remember. :) I did like both MCs and even though they got together fairly quickly, I wanted to see more of them. Learn more about them, just be with them a little longer. Maybe we'll get more of them later in the series. Fun read.
**Sognatrice di libri**
Anche questo libro di questa serie mi è piaciuto molto, finalmente si scopro le risposte a molte domande che mi sono fatto leggendo i primi due capitoli. Kayden e Beck mi sono piaciuti tantissimo diversissimi sotto molti punti di vista ma anche molto simili in altri. Una lettura molto leggera e molto triste in alcuni parti ma nel complesso un buon libro.
Ije the Devourer of Books
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a great series!! It is gripping, has an excellent pace, drama, action, mystery, romance and heroes with depth and character. It has everything and I am hooked. So all I really need now is the next book in the series. Roll on May 19th and Sanctuary 4.
Jacq
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
CUTE STORY! A total fun read. But but but it was Just toooooo damn PG! one has to admit RJ Scott, has a natural gift for writing.
Amy
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
Great story, as usual. Now I am wondering if Jake is going to get a story.
Angelmira
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cops
God, I can't wait to read the next one. I enjoyed most of the books from Mrs. Scott but this series is my favourite so far.
Arthur
May 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I don't know. I feel like the action overpowers the romance element in this book.
  • Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2)
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Laurel Heights (Laurel Heights, #1)
  • Italian Ice (Precious Gems, #2)
  • Hidden Hands (Tennessee Cops, #3)
  • Chase The Sun (Stories from Sapphire Cay, #3)
  • Trust Me (Cover Me, #2)
  • Priority One (EMS Heat, #4)
  • Shift (Infected #5)
  • The Long Con (Dangerous Affairs Book 1)
  • Riding with Heaven
  • Love in Plain Sight (Senses and Sensations, #2)
  • Foxe Tail (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #1)
  • A Matter of Necessity
  • Private Dicks (Private Dicks, #1)
  • Living Promises (Promises, #3)
A USA Today bestselling author, RJ Scott has published over one hundred novels after discovering romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t love on the page, she could create it in her head, and has become a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her

Sanctuary (10 books)
  • Guarding Morgan (Sanctuary, #1)
  • The Only Easy Day (Sanctuary, #2)
  • Still Waters (Sanctuary, #4)
  • Full Circle (Sanctuary, #5)
  • The Journal Of Sanctuary One (Sanctuary, #6)
  • Worlds Collide (Sanctuary #7)
  • Accidental Hero (Sanctuary, #8)
  • Ghost (Sanctuary, #9)
  • By the Numbers (Sanctuary #10)