Start by marking “Ascension (Dream Realms Trilogy #3 Part 2)” as Want to Read:
Ascension (Dream Realms Trilogy #3 Part 2)

Ascension (Dream Realms Trilogy #3 Part 2)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  910 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
In the epic conclusion to the Dream Realms Trilogy, Laura comes face to face with the elders for the first time. With Logan and the angels at her side, she will try to do that which no one has done: destroy the elders, and break their terrible reign of power.

Published February 5th 2012 by Dream Publishing (first published February 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ascension, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ascension

Jami
Jul 14, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: worst-books-yet
Let me see.... Can I write this without offending anyone?? ...Yeah.. No... I can't. Sorry. This series just sucked. The plot didn't go anywhere in particular, the characters were dull, the scenery was repetative.. & there were too many itallics. I mean, sure, when explaining a new place or in this case a new.. species, I guess you'd call it, but having the word "Vassiz" EVERY TIME it's written is a bit much.

This review is just my opinion. I belong to no book club or organization. I hold no a
Melissa Maxwell
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Unlike the others I was a bit disappointed. I felt the ending was a bit of a cop out. I loved every book in the series and felt that this book did not end the way I wished it would in almost any way. I was actually mad that half the ebook was her book Chosen which I had already read. I thought the book was going to be long but it ended and I was like What? She left so many loose ends that I felt a few more chapters to close other characters story lines would have helped.
David Whitehurst
Feb 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Well I was rather disappointed. It felt like she was ready to move on to another story so she just ended it abruptly. In addition 35% of of the book is actually a sample of the Crystal Seekers! I personally do not need or want a sample added to a book I purchase. I really liked the other books she has written but this one was rather lacking. Im not a writer so I do not know exactly how to put it. The other books were exciting and seemed like always something new and unknown. I will still read he ...more
Paula
Aug 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
the ending was annoyingly disappointing and left too much either unexplained or unresolved. it feels rushed then abandoned. I really wish I had read the reviews for this book before starting the series....I was very invested only to be disappointed .....and please use spelling and grammar check before publishing. its very hard to read when every third sentence has an extra word
Tracee
Feb 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I felt that this book was a bit too drawn out in the wrong parts. I skipped some paragraphs because I didn't care for ALL the details. I still enjoyed the book, and was anxious to finish it, but was disappointed by the ending. I just wanted a little more closure and more answers.
Zara Khan
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
the dark realm series are......quiet difficult to rate

the story has come a long way from its first book "shattered" which was more a copy of Twilight than a book with its own plot .the main characters Laura and Logan were like some twisted shadows of Edward and Bella.but the second one was a huge improvement and the series kept getting better and better with every next book.the characters turned more defined and interesting.in fact Laura turned out to be much better than Bella....she's strong an
Salena
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Nereid
Feb 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
I tend to agree with the other reviews on this book as the last three were definitely better than this final novel in the series. Initially it was action packed but towards the end the story did feel rushed and incomplete. As readers we do become invested in the characters and we got to know Laura's personality and thought processes. I do not want to give away too much about this book as some readers may still want to find out the ending regardless of the reviews.
Her reaction to being lied to by
Tarni
Nov 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Tanya
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm little disappointed in a trilogy that is not really a trilogy. So when I had to go buy part 2 of book 3 of the "trilogy" I was a little ticked. But I had already vested several hours and wanted to know how the story played out.

I have to say that I was actually very pleased with this one. The writing was more mature and detailed, and I actually had a vested interest in what was going on. The ending was abrupt and I would have wanted to see a little more intimacy between the characters (no I
Alicia
Mar 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone

But it will not be easy. The elders have held on to their posts since the first memories of the Vassiz. Will prophecy be enough to guide Laura against them?

If she succeeds, the world as she knows it will change forever. But if she does not
Jenna
Mar 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was really good till the end. Beware:there are spoilers in this review. Ok so there are so many questions left unanswered! What happened to everyone? Madison and Alexander? Gray? The other angles that assisted the Vassiz? And I thought that they couldn't live with only one star? But since Logan took.one of Laura's mow she only has one? Confuzzlement. But I really did like this book. Sophia sharp is a really good writer and has some really good stories in that noggin of hers. I'm really ...more
Pasza
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pleasure-reads
i loved the series, but i hated how it ended:( im very disappointed and kind of wish i never started this series so i wouldnt feel like i got so ripped off by this author. the ending left me with many unanswered questions that were constantly being brought up throughout the series and then some new questions. The ending was rushed and anticlimactic for such a huge build up. Im saying it was "Okay" since it did start off well and was pretty interesting for most of the book. the ending just pissed ...more
Kasy
Mar 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
When I started to read the review I was so surprize that a book series so good got so low rating.But when I started to read I was so disappointed.Mostly because I was expected more.Come on is the LAST book in the series.The book left me with more questions at the end that I had at the beginning of the book.I just want to go and tell sophia to add another book the ending was soo unsatisfied.But you still read it.
Christina
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i loved the book. i dont like the end tho.. it doesnt explain anything!!!!!! wat happened to madison and alexander. how do thy live? how is the new rule? y is laura's family there? logan is still a vampire? or a human now cuz he took laura's star? is she the succubus yet? wat happened to Selaine now? who are the new elders? how did selaine go into the human world? wat happened to jacob? questions questions questions!! someone answer thm plz!
Yessy619
Mar 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Well, there was certainly more action in this book. At times I did find boring, especially in the part where Laura is battling the elder. I like the part of the happy ending where love triumphs overall. I gotta say I enjoyed this series, the whole vampire thing but with a dream world twist. I'm gonna say it's an interesting concept.
Anna
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Was a wonderful and interesting story I couldn't put it down. I read the last book in one day. That is really saying a lot because I am a slow reader. I have deslexia and have a hard time reading. It is really hard to get a 5 sta from me. This is an excellent ya book and I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Kelli
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book went on and on and on and on...I felt like I just wanted to read ahead to the end. Some of the explanation of the Torrial and how things came to be were very excessive. I did like the story but things became repetitive.
Angela Hawkins
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved the series, hated the ending. There were to many questions left unanswered for me. Like what happened to the other characters in the story. I can handle a story not ending how I would like but I can't stand not knowing what happens to the other charcters that have been throughout a series.
Kim
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I was very disappointed in a lot of aspects of this book. The storyline was great, but there were several things that I didn't care for and I think could've been handled in a better way. Overall I'm glad I read the series, just thought the ending wouldn't be so anti-climactic.
Emma
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
this kept me hooked. even though it had various grammatical and spelling errors I was able to stay hooked. and that's good to know that it was the story that kept me hooked not the writing itself
Ashley
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It kept me hooked but I don't like the ending I'm confused because of it and I have a lot of questions
Anna
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Too many similarities to Twilight, a bit too long. Chaacters did not feel well developed.
Stroppy-leigh Greenwood
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great ending to a great series. Well done Sophia.
Amy
Apr 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Meh... When I first got hooked on this series I was really interested in how it would end; I think too much time passed and the story was just okay... I was disappointed.
Pamela
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great ending to the series. A surprise ending! Laura and Logan forever!
Ruth Lindner-Merkley
Sep 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Great story but the ending was abrupt and left with too many questions.
Christina Lackey
Jul 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
All I have to say is, what happened between the Angels and Rafial?
Dvnguyen
umm what happened to Rafael?
Raylene Custer
Feb 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I didn't think it was as bad as the reviews I had read. I did think it ended pretty abruptly. I enjoyed the story until the last chapter. I feel like I haven't finished the book yet...but I did.
  • Forbidden (The Seeker Saga, #2)
  • The Innocence of White: Gabi & Jack’s Story (Vamp Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Forever (Immortal, #2)
  • Siren
  • Vendetta (The Guardians, #2)
  • Beloved Purgatory (Fallen Angels, #2)
  • Expel (Celestra, #6)
  • Air (Akasha, #2)
  • Stalkers
  • Possessed (Arelia LaRue, #3)
  • Netherworld (Soul Guardians #4)
  • Foretold (Daughters Of Saraqael, #3)
  • Enthrall Me
  • The Secret Trinity: Ignite (Fae-Witch, #2)
  • Catalyst (Collide, #3)
  • A Date with an Outcast (Fallen Shorts, #2.1)
Born in Seattle in '91, and moved across the country to go to school in Boston a few years ago!
More about Sophia Sharp

Dream Realms Trilogy (4 books)
  • Shattered (Dream Realms Trilogy, #1)
  • Destined (Dream Realms Trilogy, #2)
  • Graced (Dream Realms Trilogy, #3 Part 1)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)