Start by marking “Non voglio dirti addio” as Want to Read:
Non voglio dirti addio

Non voglio dirti addio

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  199 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Olivia Lane non è tipo da farsi domande di questo genere: ormai sono passati vent'anni dall'ultima volta che ha visto Richie Briscoe, il suo grande amore di gioventù, che l'ha fatta soffrire abbandonandola senza una ragione, per poi scomparire nel nulla. Adesso Olivia vive a Londra, ha un marito e due figli, e a volte le sembra quasi di essere felice. Finché sua madre, la ...more
Published 2009 by Mondadori

To ask other readers questions about Non voglio dirti addio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Non voglio dirti addio

Leah
When Olivia Lane’s mother, Maggie, dies, she leaves Olivia a note which has on it the address of Olivia’s first love, Richie. Olivia hasn’t seen Richie for more than twenty years, after her mother seemingly sabotaged their relationship, so she jumps at the chance to be reunited with him. Olivia flees to Millington and finds she’s still in love with Richie and thinks of his daughter, Wren, as the daughter she never had.Trouble is, Olivia has a family back in London, a husband and two sons. Who wi ...more
Aimee
Mar 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While reading this, I found I became incredibly attached to it. I thought about it a lot when not reading it, and never wanted to put it down, but did so to prevent myself from finishing it too quickly. This is a response I haven't had from a book for what seems like a very long time, and because of it, I'm definitely going to say this book is amazing. Because I certainly thought it was. Definitely going to check out more from Louise Candlish!
Emma McDonnell
Mar 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up in the gift shop of the hospital I work in. There was not a lot to choose from, and I chose it based entirely on the spine...right away I knew it was a British publication. Had I been at Chapters with the thousands of books to choose from, I can't say I would have grabbed this one, but I am glad I found it, and I will definitely buy the other books this this author has written.

This story disturbed me. As a mother, I can not wrap my head around leaving my children to go in
Julie
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent read as we follow a woman and her relationship with her mother who has recently died. This forces her to question everything, as she has to make a choice between the family she has and what might have been. It is superbly crafted and deals with some difficult life choices. Louise Candlish manages to portray depression without writing a depressive novel- very cleverly done!

Deedee
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story had me "hooked" from the beginning, but I kept searching my mind for a reason why Olivia's whole world was about her own pleasure, and her family was not important anymore. Then I figured it out - Olivia was having a FEMALE MIDLIFE CRISIS!
Dora Okeyo
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess Maggie's words to her daughter, Olivia, sum up my views on the book Thinking there is something better out there in the world, something worth more than you already have- of all my mistakes, that was my biggest and I cannot bear to think of you repeating it.
Shirley Revill
Really enjoyed listening to this book.
Sue
Jul 31, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, read-2009
A character-driven novel featuring Olivia, in the aftermath of her mother's death. She goes away for a weekend, to see if she can find someone she used to know... and the weekend turns into a week, then more than a month. She leaves behind her husband and teenage sons as she tries to come to terms with pain from her teenage years.

Past and present intertwine, with chapters written from both perspectives, and the conclusion was bitter-sweet, but satisfying. I was particularly fond of a five-year-o
MrsKrueger
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
„Denn dich liebe ich“ war ein wirklich ergreifendes Buch und es hat mich total überrascht. Es ist so viel tiefgehender, als es vielleicht die Beschreibung einem glauben machen möchte. Emotionale Erinnerungen, alte Wunden und Wünsche, die Wünsche bleiben sollten – da fiebert man einfach mit. Für mich hat die Autorin eine gelungene Reise auf dem Weg zum eigenen Ich kreiert, die auch wunderbar auf die ganz eigenen Erfahrungen und vergänglichen Zeiten anwendbar ist.

Yu
Mar 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beyond my so-far life experience. On the one hand, it's interesting to learn to know how's one-kinda-wife-life like and how I feel about a breaking-away-wife who deserted her own family for First-Love. On the other, it's a bit steady stream of chatter, like household talks. I don't think Olivia is selfish, but I don't know what I would do if I were her.
Maryam
Apr 25, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To cut it short, Louise’s story plots are very similar in every aspect. Someone loses a close family member then isolate him/her self from their normal life and get to live in a fantasy world, building up other relations elsewhere. ~ 4/10.
Halina
Just read this in Aruba and it was pleasant. I always love reading books of English authors..it's fun to see how they spell words differently than Americans (or how we spell differently as American English evoled from British English). Typical "Beach book".
Jules
Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read.
seeta
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
nice and simple
Aina Naim
Apr 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cried when I read this book. So sad....
Mary
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
took me a while to read but what a good book great story characters you really warm to. ending could have been better
Fiona
Mar 31, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
The synopsis looked promising , unfortunately for me the story didn't deliver . It just trundled along , I couldn't bond to any of the characters and found them either selfish or weak .
Gemma
Mar 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read I need to get my hands on some more of Louise Candlish books
Janet
Aug 01, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really have nothing positive to say about this book!
Linda Bjork
fine no masterpiece :-)
Theressa
A little slow to get into but enjoyed the last half, although not pleased with the ending.
Trisha Gibson
  • Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet
  • Are You My Mother?
  • Spice: Flavors of the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Dance While You Can
  • Raw Food Life Force Energy: Enter a Totally New Stratosphere of Weight Loss, Beauty, and Health
  • The Heart of the Country
  • The Tower of Babel
  • The Simple Rules of Love
  • Yesterday's Weather
  • The World of Suzie Wong
'If 2018 brings a better book than OUR HOUSE I will eat my hat' No. 1 bestselling author Clare Mackintosh

Louise Candlish studied English at University College London and worked as an editor and copywriter before writing fiction. OUR HOUSE is published in the US by Berkley in August 2018 and is out now in the UK, published by Simon & Schuster.

Louise is the bestselling author of eleven previous
More about Louise Candlish

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand
  • The Wednesday Sisters
  • Allie and Bea
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Shanghai Girls (Shanghai Girls #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • All the Summer Girls
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Girl From the Train
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Winds (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters, #3)
  • If I Loved You, I Would Tell You This
    $14.99 $1.99
“Thinking there is something better out there in the world, something worth more than you already have- of all my mistakes,that was my biggest.” 109 likes