Start by marking “Sleeping Handsome (Sleeping Handsome, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sleeping Handsome (Sleeping Handsome, #1)

Sleeping Handsome (Sleeping Handsome #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  2,321 Ratings  ·  272 Reviews
Paige should have never agreed to do her best friend’s project. Reading to a boy in a coma is just plain creepy, but her English teacher somehow thinks her acting skills make it the perfect community service match.But when she finds the boy’s journal hidden among his books, things turn from creepy to interesting.
This is a novelette length story which does contain some pro
Nook, Nook
Published (first published December 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping Handsome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping Handsome

Shelly Crane
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-books
I have a deep, serious LOVE this book. As soon as I finished it I found myself going back to re-read the ending.
Marilou Go
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want more!!!
this book lefts me hanging and wanting more!
the story just revolves around the reading and lying half dead..
but the story is still great and unique.
I just want it to be longer..
This could be better!
The BookWhisperer
This is an inspiring, innocent, and honest love story. The kind of story that will tug and pull at your heart strings long after the last page. Being such a short story readers will crave more of this wonderfully talented author's style. Paige is a young girl that has traded popularity for something real. Years she has spent bending to her, so called, friend's every whim. Just her luck, the most recent event has proven to cost her more than she was willing to give. To avoid expulsion she has agr ...more
Melody
Mar 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a good book I recommend it to everyone I know The story comes down to knowing what you want in your life and not letting anyone stand in your way not being afraid to be yourself and go for your dreams and to treat people with kindness and realizing telling the truth isnt always easy but its what is fair and should be done I absolutley loved the end I dont want to spoil it for anyone but it was wonderful so glad I say this book on the free forum and gave it a try :)This is a modern ...more
Shadowstorm Norwicca
I thought this book was very romantic and endearing. It really pulls at your heart strings and it really did that for me. This is a perfect romance and the way it builds up to that moment of happily ever after and that's what makes this story just simply amazing. The simple plot was just perfect for this story and I think this author made an amazing story that was the twist of sleeping beauty and turning it into sleeping handsome. Just amazing...
Erin Howard
I had a really hard time getting into this book because the lead was so abrasive. She was selfish, whiny, arrogant, and all the other personality traits of the girl in high school we all didn't like. I knew that the author intended her to be this way in the beginning so she could grow more toward the end of the book, it's a very common tactic, but I don't think I even remotely cared for her until the very end.

You either have a villain turning into a hero worth reading or a villain turning into s
LadyCalico
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I might be a bit long in the tooth for YA stories, especially those that are re-written fairy tales, but I still love the ones that are truly great stories that just happen to have characters who are young--which is true of this one. I have a great fondness of coming-of-age stories, because adolescence is the critical and dangerous time of life when our personalities are still fluid enough to allow major changes in who we are (and for many people the final time.) The choices young people make in ...more
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Paige gets caught cheating at school and her punishment is reading to a boy who has been in a coma for 4 months. What starts off as creepy situation turns into something much more rewarding. Paige finds that she can truly be herself as she reads and talks to Zach. But when she finds his hidden journal she learns he also is something much more than a lifeless boy. And it doesn’t take long for her to fall for the sleeping handsome.

My friend Gloria from Globug and Hootie Need a Book Blog recommend
Kayla
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paige is a high school student who gets in trouble over an assignment. To make it up she ends up doing community service, something that will help her drama lessons. Her community service so happens to be watching Zach, this handsome teenager who is in a coma after falling off a cliff. First of all, I did not like Paige; she seemed arrogant and self-centered. She was excessively worried about being popular and she was always complaining about her so-called friend. Once she starts staying with Za ...more
Michelle
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
How is this book not a movie???!! OMG, I laughed, cried & my heart strings were tugging throughout the whole book. Even though it is a quick, short read. It packed a wallop of a punch! Hoping there's a book 2. Awesome book!! Loved it!!
Amari
Jul 11, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Zoe and the Edge
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, romance, squeaky-clean
When I picked this up I was expecting sweet and innocent. What I got was so much better. The story ought to be weird, but the author is both brave and subtle. Somehow she pulls it off. Paige gets to know Zach by reading his journal. Apparently it is possible to get into a fight with a stranger in a coma. Zach's journal helps Paige sort out her own confused teenage emotions. The pair have both had their struggles with hiding their true selves because they wanted to fit in.
Paige is rich and negle
Rebecca ♥ Ash, Kishan, Warner ♥
This is a super cute short that I read in 1.5 hours. Although you have to get over the fact that the MC was falling in love with a coma patient. When you actually stop to think about it, its rather creepy. Just try not to think about it. :p

Almost every scene takes place in Zach's bedroom, except one scene in the kitchen talking to his mother, and one final scene at the end, so no time is wasted getting right into the story and getting to know Zach. It starts out with Paige in his bedroom, on her
Cathy
Jun 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super short, quick and happy ending type of read for me. I liked the main character Paige. The way she examined herself and learned that she could be a better person she just needed a little extra push from a boy in a coma.

While Zach is in a coma, Paige is ordered to read to him. When she finds his personal journal on his shelf she begins reading it to him and realizes that they have a lot in common. They both are not satisfied with their lives and feel as if they are in a prison try
Deianira

This book is short, lovely and sweet. I got the book for my Kindle because it reminds me of my favorite movie “While You Were Sleeping”, wherein Sandra Bullock’s character saved a man’s (her longtime crush) life from a speeding train – but unfortunately, he went into a coma.

Paige is a sweet, sensible girl with the normal issues of a teenager. She visits a hospital as part of her community service, where she reads books to patients who suffer from coma.

Her path crossed with a sleeping Zach, and
Dora Okeyo
I like two things about this book: how it starts and the reason behind Zach's fall.
Zach is in a coma after falling off a cliff. Paige is the girl who has to read to him so as to avoid expulsion after doing her friends' project.
Paige is not for it at first but she starts reading Zach's journal and hopes that one day he'd wake up, when his family decides to pull the plug she kisses him and tells him she's grown to love him-and he wakes up. If you ask me that is so like Snowhite and the Seven Dwarf
Patricia Puddle
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenagers and adults.
Recommended to Patricia by: Amazon had it next to my book, Ominous Love as customers purchased both books and one of my MC's has amnesia..
Shelves: y-a, love-stories, romance
I loved this story, and the cover. I came across this book on Amazon as I had written a book about a teenage boy with amnesia and customers had purchased both books. The cover attracted me and so did the blurb. I'm so glad I bought it because I couldn't put it down until I finished it. The characters were fabulous and believable.

A teenage girl is punished for cheating at school and has to do community work. Her punishment is to read to a teenage boy, who is in a coma and being cared for by his p
Renee Rearden
Apr 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I give this short story a 3.5.

Our female protagonist Paige is a bit shallow at the beginning of the story, but she has a good heart and shows character growth by the time we reach the ending. Zach is our sweet male protagonist. Just look at the cover: handsome, vulnerable and alone.

Paige helps a friend cheat on a project at school and earns herself community service to make amends. Because she excels in drama, she's been asked to read to a young man in a coma. When she starts reading to Zach, sh
Jessica
I was first attracted to this book because the premise sounded very interesting. The book/novella mostly lived up to my expectations. I would enjoy reading an expanded version of the story with more background behind the main character, perhaps just an account of the few days leading up to her community service, and definitely some more resolution at the end concerning Zach and his father.

Overall, the story was cute and entertaining. Some aspects seemed unnecessary or added in only at the last
Kristy
I loved this short story and it left me wanting more. Zach is in a coma. Paige is a teenager who is caught up in being popular and looking down at those she thinks are beneath her. After being caught for cheating, her punishment is to use her drama skills and read to the coma kid. What starts out as a horrible community service project for Paige turns into something more. Paige’s true colors come out and she realizes she isn’t that stuck up after all. This is a unique story. I like the dialogue ...more
Ayesha
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sleeping Handsome is a short, sweet story about a guy in coma and the girl who wakes him up..
Though it reminds one of the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty or Snow white (and I'd have seriously NOT read it if t'was a girl in coma..) but there is something really sweet in this book..

And it wasn't like Paige just waltzes her way in and kisses Zach ,bringing him out of coma..She reads his journal, gets to know him before she could actually fall for him..And reading parts of his journal,you can't help de
London
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For a school project (or punishment), Paige agrees to reading to a boy in coma. She thinks it is a bit weird, and when she finds his journal, it is even worse. Curiosity takes over, and she begins to read his own journal to him. Along the way, she finds out more about him, and herself.
This story is one I really could not put down. Though it was extremely annoying from overuse of cuss words, it was a touching story. It may be the sweetest book I have ever read.

Rosie B
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was short and sweet. It was an interesting idea and I think it was well-executed. If it had been made longer I don't think it would have been as enjoyable.

The characters were fairly basic but their situations and how they developed are what made the book interesting. There was also just enough drama to make it exciting but not over the top.

I enjoyed reading this story as it was different and well-written.
Yona
This book was amazing. I laughed and smiled and cried.

Paige has to do community service - reading to a boy in comma. At first she just read books to him and talks to him a little, but than she finds his journal and start to get to know him - the real him. The way he fought his demons gives her strength to do the same with hers. And little by little she falls in love with Zack.
The end was so wonderful - I reread it at least 3 times.

I really enjoyed this story.
Danielle Calabrese
I really enjoyed this free read from Jean Haus. I loved watching Paige learn about herself through reading Zach's journal, and I especially liked how the end turned out. I just wish it was longer!
Gloria Green
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this story!!! I'm so thankful my friend shared it with me. Now I'm sharing with friends and you will want to share it too. The story grabed my heart immediately.
Neyra ♦
Oct 30, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Actual Rating: 3.5

Sleeping Handsome is the story about a high school senior, Paige, who's gotten herself into trouble over an assignment, and to prevent herself from getting expelled, she's reluctantly agreed to do some community service. This "volunteer" work leads her to the home of a young man who's suffered a horrible accident, and who's been comatose for a little over four months.

Part of the sole reason why I kept reading this book, was because I wanted to know what happened to Zach. I mea
Hollie
This review was first posted on Music, Books and Tea

I snagged Sleeping Handsome for free whilst browsing Amazon a couple of months ago, and picked it up when I wasn’t feeling too great, expecting a light and easy read, which was just what I got.

I wasn’t a huge fan of Paige, the main character. She doesn’t want to be stuck reading to Zach, who is in a coma. I could understand that, but if she hadn’t of wanted to be in that situation, she should have stood up to her friend and not done her homewor
Katwanya
This was a very sweet short story. Paige is busted for cheating and sentenced to community service reading to a coma patient. I enjoyed how the story started and also how she ends up reading his journal to him. Paige learned a lot about herself while reading someone else's private thoughts. It was interesting how she changed for the better because she was a shallow, rich teenager with no direction. Yes, she knew she wanted to be an actor but she wasn't even involved with the school drama program ...more
Inna
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review appears on my blog

Review: So I got a bunch of books for free from Amazon and Barnes and Noble and checking some of them out makes me realize that free books can be a giant hit or a giant miss. Luckily this book was great. It was a simple, sweet fairy tale read that left you with a good feeling and a grin on your face. This is the type of book where you know what will happen in the end before you even started reading the book, but it really doesn't matter. This book is so cliche but it doe
  • The Wedding Cake Girl
  • In His Eyes Anthology (Stories from a Cute Guy)
  • Twenty Weeks (Twenty Weeks, #1)
  • The Banshee and the Linebacker
  • Solo
  • Blame it on the Mistletoe
  • In the Spotlight
  • Cornerstone (Cornerstone, #1)
  • Wraith (Hawaiian Shadows, #1)
  • 99 to Nowhere
  • Sweetness (Bold As Love, #1)
  • Her Greek Romance
  • The Wrong Path
  • Starcrossed: Perigee (Starcrossed, #1)
  • Linger
  • Bitterroot Crossing
  • Drawn
  • Fallen Angel
When Jean Haus isn't writing, she's usually reading. Anything from young adult to historical fiction as long as there’s at least a bit of romance, she'll load it on her Kindle. She also loves to cook. And someday she will create the world’s best potsticker.
More about Jean Haus...

Sleeping Handsome (2 books)
  • Happily Ever After? (Sleeping Handsome, #2)
“Somewhere along the way of my illustrious high school career I traded my humanity for a prison of popularity.” 2 likes