Start by marking “Game Plan” as Want to Read:
Game Plan

Game Plan

Recently divorced from seventeen years with a snooty, uptight, controlling man, forty-year-old Andie is definitely ready for some casual, sexy fun when a hot younger man “accidentally” hits her with a baseball. Mason’s interest is clear and he looks like a lot more fun than her overworked vibrator collection, so she goes for it, despite the obvious age gap. The young veter ...more
Published February 15th 2012 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Game Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game Plan

Jeanne
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jeanne by: Ada
**** 4 Smut-tastic stars****

This is my third book by Karla Doyle this month, and I have enjoyed all three of them. Sometimes you just click with an author, and with Ms. Doyle, I love her sense of humor and the characters she creates.

I have to admit, even though all of her books are sexy, this one for me was straight up smut. I kept thinking about Ansel from Sweet Filthy Boy, and the cast for his penis. I'm pretty sure Mason is going to need one of those. It's fine though, my next book isn't a ro
Ada
The reason that I started reading this book is because I got it in my mail one day and it said on the cover: “Dear Ada, I wrote this book especially for you, I know you’ll going to love it. Karla Doyle xoxo” And then I woke up… Oh man!!! That happens to me every time :P . Oh well (a girl can dream, and it really made me feel that way, too), but I did love this book from top to bottom, from first page to last, from beginning to end… you get me, right?!

And the main reason of me loving it so much h
Amber
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, erotica
A very pleasant surprise. I really wasn't sure what to expect as EC seems all over. This is in the "sophisticate" category, which I think means the older crowd? Anyway, the cougar trope isn't really my favorite so I put it off. Man, imagine my surprise when near the beginning it turns scooorching hot. I hope my 40's go something like this because it was hotter than a lot of 20-something erotic romance I read. Nice hot sex and lots of it, which just enough emotion and personality to keep it all i ...more
Victoria
Cara Bristol
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Having written a cougar romance, I was eager to read another author’s take on the subgenre. Karla Doyle knocked it out of the ballpark in Game Plan, her debut novel.

Andie meets Mason when he hits her with a baseball so he’ll have an excuse to introduce himself. A mom with responsibilities who’s just freed herself from a bad marriage, Andie is more than willing to engage in a romp between the sheets, but forever-after isn’t part of her new game plan – especially not with a man ten years younger.
Laci
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another stimulating story from Karla Doyle! My two favorite things about her books have been the fact that she writes such strong sexual women and the dirty talk between her characters. Mixed emotions about the ending, not that's it's bad, but I feel sad cause I think they won't get to have tasty treats on the kitchen counter anymore, but I gave it 5 stars because I like flirting and she gives really great flirting!
Emily
"Incredibly hot read, Andie has kept her sexual desires suppressed during her marriage and Mason has a knack for drawing all those hidden fantasies out of her."

Full review on Sensual Reads
Talltree
Mar 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: x-older-h
Meh
Kristin
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2012, erotica
When I read the synopsis I automatically think novella. For some reason, I just didn't see how the book could have that much interesting story to it... but I was wrong. I was entertained the entire time, flipping as fast as I could to try and finish the book before bed.

Andie has been divorced for 2 years and is looking to get back into the dating world. She isn't looking for anything too serious since she just came out of a marriage from hell but she is looking to have a little fun. What she is
Malinda
3-3.5 stars

This was a good book. I liked both the main characters and am glad they were both able to get past their issues to get their HEA.

Andie is 40 and has a 12 yr old son. She has shared custody with her ex-husband who's still trying to convince her that her divorcing him was a mid-life crisis and she needs to get over it and come home to him. She's been on her own for 2 years and hasn't really dated and doesn't intend to get in to anything serious. When she meets Mason those plans end up c
Cari Quinn
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I sucked down Game Plan in one day because I had to keep flipping the pages. It was hot, fun and sweet and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the one-liners were laugh out loud funny and yet in other spots I teared up (something I rarely do while reading.) Mason and Andie were incredible characters. And oh yeah, Mason was completely, 100% yummy. Ms. Doyle really knocked it out of the park with her debut and I can't wait to read more from this author!
Tina Christopher
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fabulous, sexy, fun read with great characters and lots of sex;). I laughed out loud more than once and enjoyed that both Mason and Andie behaved like immature idiots once in a while. The relationship was well balanced, the characters well developed and three-dimensional and Mason was super-yummy.

I sincerely hope my 40s work out like Andie's;).
Mandy
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: karla-doyle
So, I had a whole review written and I somehow blew it. The gist was- this is a really good book that I thoroughly enjoyed and I cannot wait for more from this author. Sexy times were crazy hot, plot and characters were well developed. No complaints!!!
Kat Black
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sweet story, sassy dialogue, smokin' hot sex. If this is Karla Doyle's debut, I can't wait to see what she has to offer in the future!
Arlene
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a steamy, sexy read from cover to cover. I greedily gobbled up every word, both of the naughty bits and the underlying struggles between Andie and Mason.
Ragatnia Clara
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another cougar. Well, I think Andie doesn't act like forty-year old mom, she's too brat, not my favorite heroine. But, Mason utterly melts my heart. Overall, I enjoyed reading this.
Cocktails and Books
Awesome read. Look for the review on Night Owl Reviews
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
andie is hit by a baseball one night while watching her son play, and a younger, good looking man ends up being the culprit. mason did what he had to do to meet the gorgeous woman, and things take off from there. andie is divorced after 17 years of marriage, a marriage that wasn't the best, in which her husband was controlling, up to the point where he would tell her what to wear to make the best impression when they went out in public. andie can't stop thinking about the guy who hit he
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it

More like 3.5 stars for me.

Andie is recently divorced after 17 yr with a rather up tight lawyer. She is looking for some fun and to have a summer fling. Se didn't expect it to be maso, a man 10 yrs younger than her. Mason notices her at the ball field where she is watching her sons game. He throws a ball her way to get her attention and ends up hitting her. The chemistry between these two is instant. Mason is sexy, confident and and on top of that he is a vet. and you love him right away. I lov
Vee Paige
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another hot steamy read from Karla Doyle. Cougar type romances are a tough sell for me because usually the woman is more financially stable so the guy really has to have more going for him to be that Alpha male I like in my romances. However we do get a hot sexy as sin Mason and his determination to have more than a physical relationship with Andie was very swoon worthy. I wanted to conked Andie in the head a couple of times because she was the one acting immaturely in this relationship, but tow ...more
Jess Schira
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-challenge
While there were parts of this book that could have moved a little faster, all in all, this was a fun and sexy read. It's an excellent choice when you want something light for a rainy or snowy day when you just want to read and snuggle under the blankets. I predict that Karla Doyle will soon become a favorite erotica author.

A more detailed review will, hopefully, be forthcoming if I ever get the time to write one.
Chanel
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a very steamy read that my husband reaped the rewards from!
I really liked Mason, a real nice guy, that was incredibly sexy. Boy, that man knew his way around a bedroom.
I kept wondering how Andie managed to ever get Scott to agree to a divorce. I thought Andie was often selfish and had a one track mind -sex! Actually, the story would have been better served, with a few less sex scenes.

Lisa
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Andie, Andie, Andie!!!!!

She was by far my favourite thing in this book! Don't get me wrong, Mason was a good character and I think he helped to bring out a lot of Andie's personality, but Andie made this book for me. She was strong, daring, feisty and not afraid to be her own woman. Yes, she had insecurities, but she acknowledged and faced them and allowed herself to be happy and be in love.

I also really enjoyed the writing. Very witty, fun and funny. A great read by me!
Courtney
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
The more I think about this book, the less I like it. The premise was very similar to 'Liberating Lacey' which I LOVED, but no where near as enjoyable for me. I felt the heroine was so incredibly immature, and her self satisfaction habits were just a little too OCD. I had to skim through the last third to get through it. Meh.
Katherine
Aug 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Lindsey
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. At first I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the whole cougar aspect of the story but in actuality it wasn't as big of an age gap as I thought. Their age really didn't even enter my mind unless the author reminded me of it throughout the story. There's plenty of steam to this romantic love story!
Gosia
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Home run

Story was great. I liked how Mason picked up Andi at the ballpark by "accidentally" throwing the ball at her. Andi jumped to conclusions a lot when the age thing was mentioned or when Mason told her what to wear. Mason was great. Young hot Veterinarian, what more could you ask for. When it came to the sex between the two of them it was off the charts.
Lynn
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Aside from wanting to shake the life out of Andie more than a handful of times for her drama I really liked this one. The fact that Mason was sweet, hot and bordering on Alpha male was the cherry on the sundae.
Randi
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone over the age 18
This is the first book I have read by this author and let me say it was an amazing book. I loved the story, it was a little different than most books I read because of the age difference between Andie and Mason. I absolutely enjoyed this book. I will definitely look for more by this author .

• Knight In Black Leather
  • Keeping Pace
  • Scoring Lacey
  • Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1)
  • The Red Bikini (Sandy Cove, #1)
  • The Countess Takes a Lover
  • Stick Shift (Bad Boys of Racing, #1)
  • Crash
  • Bucking Hard
  • Provoke Me (Unveiled, #2)
  • Liberating Lacey
  • Shaken
  • Afternoon Rhapsody (Bandicoot Cove: The Wedding #1; Bandicoot Cove #4)
  • Badcock
  • The Duke in Disguise (Willow Pond, #2)
  • One Man Advantage (Heller Brothers, #3)
  • In It To Win It (Deadlines & Diamonds, #2)
  • MILF: Wrong Kind of Love
Karla grew up in a small town on the shore of Lake Erie. She trained and worked in the fashion industry, designing and making everything from swimwear to dog collars for most of her adult life. Karla has since traded her needle and thread for a word processor, and now spends her time writing sexy romances. When she's not writing, she loves spending time with family, friends and her pets, as well a ...more