Start by marking “Люцифер, Книга 1: Дьявол у порога” as Want to Read:
Люцифер, Книга 1: Дьявол у порога

Люцифер, Книга 1: Дьявол у порога (Lucifer #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  10,822 Ratings  ·  277 Reviews
Изгнанный с Небес, низвергнутый править в Аду, Люцифер Денница отошел от дел и забросил свое царство ради города смертных Лос-Анджелеса. Вышедший со страниц культового сериала "The Sandman. Песочный человек" авторства Нила Геймана, бывший владыка Ада наслаждается тихой отставкой как владелец элитного бара под названием "Lux"...
Однако мирные времена скоро закончатся - у Со
Published 2011 by Эксмо (first published 2001)

Patrick
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite comic series, and I've read it at least 2-3 times before this, so I'm rather surprised that I haven't made some comment about it here on Goodreads yet.

I think this is probably my favorite comic work by Mike Carey, which is saying quite a bit, as he's also done Crossing Midnight and unwritten.

The tone of the series is very similar to Sandman. I don't mean that in any derogatory or derivative way. (Though I have a hard time imagining how a comparison to Sandman could be deroga
Airiz C
Jul 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sandman fans, anyone interested in religion-related lit
LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR. Most of us know him as the Prince of Hell, formerly the angel Samael, proud Lightbringer of the Heavens. But you might as well include the first title as a thing of the past, because apparently Lucifer has resigned. Yes, folks, you heard that right: he’s quit.

That's at least according to the canon of Gaiman’s phenomenal graphic novel series, The Sandman. Establishing a continuity with Gaiman’s modern interpretation of the Devil, Mike Carrey crafts this spin-off following Luc
Forrest
Lucifer, Vol. 1 is not the best graphic novel I've read in the last year or so and not the worst. The artwork and production are, as one would expect from Vertigo, top notch. The stories included are good, but nothing like the other stuff I've been lucky enough to encounter in the last few months. Lucifer as a character - well, it's complicated, but not complicated enough to compel me to read the whole series. Still, there's a lot of potential for the retired prince of Hell. At times, I found hi ...more
Cheese
Sep 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hits the ground running.

A good start and getting stronger and more intriguing every time I turn the page.

Lucifer is far more devilish than I could have imagined.
Ivan
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Very promising start
Gaiman's work have tons of his weirdness and charm and it's hard to write spin-off to his series and not look pale in comparison but so far it seems that Lucifer has potential to be as good if not better than Sandman.
Illustrator manages to maintain similar style to Sandman but with more detailed illustrations.I think that this is how Sandman series should have looked. This doesn't apply to last issue in this volume who's illustrations are just as bad as Sandman at it's worst.
Joseph
May 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently reread Sandman, and while I do love it for its own sake, I must confess that my real reason for trekking through Gaiman's epic was to get to Carey's equally majestic, albeit much-less praised, story. Frankly, I'm not sure why that is, as in many ways, I think Lucifer surpasses its origin story. Both boast rich, and mostly independent cosmologies, but whereas for a significant part of its run, Sandman exists as a framework for Gaiman to write any kind of story he wants, Lucifer is surp ...more
Mike
Nov 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The art in the first half has a very painterly look to it - as if it's all been coloured in watercolour paint - which adds an airy, breezy quality to the pages. Which is a fascinating counterpoint to the menace that lies just beneath the surface of the interactions between characters.

The actual questing and action are almost beside the point in this book - or at least for me, they're not terribly compelling, compared with the mythology of heaven, hell, the world and humanity that Carey teases ou
DaViD´82
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tam kde Gaiman "miltonovského" Lucifera v Sandmanovi zanechal (tedy po abdikaci z postu Pána Pekel), tam Carey pokračuje. A hned od počátku jasně určí pravidla, dle kterých bude celá uzavřená série v následujících knihách hrát. Mnohavrstevné příběhy vycházející z mytologie rochnící si ve filozofických rozpravách a intrikách. Příběhy uvnitř příběhů, kde vše souvisí se vším, byť mnohdy bude spojitost dlouho nejasná, ale nakonec to do sebe vždy zapadne. Carey vás záhy naučí všímat si detailů, proto ...more
Damon
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I keep picking this up and reading it again because I forgot that I had already read it. Now it is on my read list.
Soorya
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This review is for all 11 volumes of Mike Carey's Lucifer, a side-quel to Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

Neil Gaiman gave Carey a very difficult task. Sandman: Season of Mists leaves Lucifer in a very strange place, and I really couldn't imagine what would happen from there on. Carey starts off aping Gaiman's style in the first arc, and that doesn't work well. But after that he breaks free of Gaiman's shadow and starts telling his own story, and it turns out to be a unique and compelling tale in its own
Miss
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
man i am so glad i read this now and not ten years ago

ten years ago i would've known that this series is well liked and highly acclaimed and i would've picked up the next volume because it's supposed to be good right? and the library has it! i cannot waste this comics opportunity

happily i am now old and curmedgeonly enough to know that life is too short to read things i don't like. unless the rest of the series features an abrupt tonal shift -- and feel free to tell me if it does! -- i care far
Kathryn
I think my major gripe was the inconsistency. I wish writers would not throw in some new rule right when a character needs the change. You create a world, stick to your own rules. Creativity is great but attempt some type of reasoning or smoothness. Otherwise, I liked this, holds a lot of promise. Lucifer is an extremely interesting character.
ნინო ქერდიყოშვილი
^-^ კარგი ყოფილა კომიქსებიც :3 :დდ პერსეპოლისს თუ არ ჩავთვლით,პირველად მქონდა შეხება და მიხარია,რომ სწორედ "ლუციფერით" დავიწყე ^
PurplyCookie
"Lucifer" is a graphic novel that's a spin-off from Gaiman's incredibly popular "Sandman" series. As such, it shares a lot in common with Gaiman's re-envisioning of mythology. In "The Sandman: Seasons of Mist", Lucifer resigned from his post in Hell, had his wings cut off by Dream, and "retired" to host a nightclub called Lux where Lucifer plays his own piano.

This book and series picks up where that left off--in a story arc called "The Morningstar Option", opening with a visit from Amenadiel, a
MissAnnThrope
30 December 2012

Rating: * * 1/2

I really wanted to like Lucifer, Vol. 1: Devil in the Gateway more than I did. Perhaps I'm too simpleminded to grasp its appeal because it has mostly glowing reviews. Alas, I'm a dumdum and did not enjoy it as I wish I had. It sounded so promising: A spinoff of the Lucifer created by the almighty Neil Gaiman in The Sandman.

There were parts in the first and last story that were interesting, but the writing felt mostly contrived. It takes big cajones to take on the t
Paul
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read this last evening (June 18, 2013) just for the hell of it (heh)
Good stories with nice art.

I especially liked the Bolton art from the first story.
Although using characters from the pages of Sandman, Carrey manages to weave original tales that transcend its origins. He characterizes Lucifer very well, he's an arognat ex-angel which likes to order people around... but you still can't keep from liking him.

I would lov to see how a meeting between him and Constantine would work out... two bada
MischaS_
EDIT: Nečtěte v hromadné dopravě, hrozí, že pohoršíte jistou část spoluobčanů.

O seriálu jsem se dozvěděla, když médii proběhlo, že se nějaké svaté matky od rodin snaží ho nechat zrušit, protože prezentuje:"Zlo se svůdnou lidskou tváří". No uznejte, to se prodává samo!

Seriál je naprosto boží věc. <3

Tak jsem se rozhodla zkusit i předlohu, která ovšem se seriálem nemá nic moc společného... Vadí to? NE! Oboje je naprosto boží! Takhle má člověk dvě boží věci, nejenom jednu!

image: description
Aaron
Feb 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mike Carey really knows how to write about magic. There are 2 storylines in this book. The first is kind of lackluster and slow-burning, without a huge payoff. But it's clear that we're just getting started. The second arc really takes off with a fantasy flare, showing just how sinister and deceitful Lucifer can be. Without Hell to manage, he's become a selfish, blonde, single-minded monster in a sharp suit. After all the fables that have been told about the devil, somehow this one still feels f ...more
Chad Jordahl
This book was tough for me. My favorite story of the three was the last one, the one-shot called Born with the Dead. Enjoyable throwback to classic horror comics from shops like EC in the 40s. Engaging little story.

I found the other two stories in the volume a lot less compelling. I'm just not very interested in heavy mythology and mysticism. The sections where that was laid on thick were a tough slog. At points my interest dipped almost to zero.

The art in the middle section, A Six-Card Spread,
Tomáš
Z vedlejší postavy hlavním hrdinou. Hrdinou... no, jak se to vezme :) Při čtení jsem měl celou dobu deja-vu a inspirace Sandmanem jsem se ani na konci sešitu nezbavil. Oproti snovému bohu chybí poetika a i žánr komiksu tu není uplně využit. Je to ale první díl a potenciál tu je. I prvnímu Sandmanovi jsem dal "jen" tři hvětdy. Doufám, že se autor v pokračování trošku odváže. Lucifer má charakter, jeho postavá mě baví a i příběhy jsou zajímavé, ale překročit svůj stín bude těžké.
Glen Engel-Cox
It takes some arrogance, worthy of the Prince of Lies himself, to claim, as this book does, that the book is based on characters created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg. I would think that, at the very least, John Milton might have some prior claim on the creation of Lucifer, the fallen angel, but in the legal shenanigans of the comic world, what that claim is actually revealing is that this graphic novel is a spin-off from Gaiman's incredibly popular Sandman series. As such, it ...more
lukk
До Люцифера я добралась раньше, чем рассчитывала. В конце концов, когда представляется возможность подержать в руках отменное переводное издание в харде, кто я, чтобы отказываться? А самая забава наступила в тот момент, когда я читала Люцифера в метро, и ко мне подсела дама с толстенным талмудом, обложка которого гласила что-то вроде «Православные святые». Иронию оценила :)

Если уж мне полюбился Sandman, то и Люцифер должен был автоматом пролиться бальзамом на душу. Так и вышло, собственно, я все
Kateri
Feb 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading this series since a friend loaned the whole collection to me about three months ago. It's profoundly satisfying. Not only is Mike Carey an exceptional storyteller (I'm also a fan of his Unwritten series), but he weaves an enormous amount of diverse mythology into a complex arc. Basically perfectly. His characters are superb: sympathetic, alarming, funny, stubborn and striving for selfhood in the fiercest way. The slant on theology is fascinating. The artwork is stunning, and su ...more
joanna
Dec 29, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: neil gaiman fans
Recommended to joanna by: Bro (Dave Kurimsky)
(my bro gave it to me for my b-day. gaiman's incarnation of lucifer as a piano-bar owner...classic...)

there were three stories and i liked the first one the most. then i got sort of confused (i think because there was a card-playing theme...i am befuddled by cards) i think mike carey did really well with the characterization and there were some amazing representations in the art. it's amazing how much you want to *like* lucifer when you read something like this! but you're reading happily and al
Sam Sobelman
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy moly, this was a great first volume to a series.

Mike Carey piqued my interest with his work on current comic "Unwritten", so I thought I should give his old opus a go. Following in the "literary comic" style of Gaiman's Sandman, "Lucifer" is a good slow burn. Every bit of dialogue, every character detail, every relationship is important. The world lives and breathes, and Heaven and Hell have never been more believable to me.

And yet, this volume couldn't be more exciting. The stakes are high
Daryl Nash
I had expected to like this book more. It was talky without being especially profound, often falling to the old comic book error of describing something in detail in the caption which is pictured in the artwork. Carey does a pretty good job in making Lucifer an interesting character, but most of the book focuses on other minor characters who just aren't that interesting. I got the rest of the trades cheaply so I plan on giving the series a few more chances since others' reviews have been mostly ...more
Amy
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this series so far. Wish I spoke German of that's what Maze is speaking. I can't wait to see where this series goes. I do love the TV show as well. The part from Sandman was interesting, but the divination cards that basically were alive were pretty amazing. I think that it would be cool if that is an event they come back to. Probably not, but I thought it was pretty awesome. If the series stays that good it will be amazing.
Eri
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dc
I really hope I've picked the right volumes :D

Be careful what you wish for. Or more exactly, what those around you wish for. You might be surprised what can happen to you when other wish you that.
Fine start of a story.

It always warms my heart when especially strong sentence is used to end a story/chapter, leaving reader wanting more.

I'm fond of the piano moments.
And I found the story about two girls (and devil) absolutely divine.
Ela
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually read or enjoy graphic novels but this was an exception to the rule.

The story centres around Lucifer, who having retired from his stressful position as Lord of Hell is enjoying a quite life running a piano bar. Mike Carey has done a great job with the dialogue and the illustrations grew on me.

This book was was funny, clever and intriguing; I could definitely be tempted to read volume number two.
[Name Redacted]
Meh. I loved Gaiman's take on the character of Lucifer, but this?...Meh. This story made me feel about the way I felt while reading Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" series -- there was much eye-rolling, much exasperated sighing, and much wondering why people think clumsily reversing a dynamic from a classic narrative is somehow "innovative." I read many of these during the original run, i kept trying to give it a chance, but...meh.
  • The Books of Magic, Volume 4: Transformations
  • Hellblazer: Dangerous Habits
  • Death: The Time of Your Life
  • House of Mystery, Volume 3: The Space Between
  • Hellblazer: Original Sins
  • Thessaly: Witch for Hire
Mike Carey was born in Liverpool in 1959. He worked as a teacher for fifteen years, before starting to write comics. When he started to receive regular commissions from DC Comics, he gave up the day job.

Since then, he has worked for both DC and Marvel Comics, writing storyli
More about Mike Carey...

Lucifer (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Lucifer, Vol. 2: Children and Monsters