Start by marking “Rules of Negotiation (Bencher Family #1)” as Want to Read:
Rules of Negotiation (Bencher Family #1)

Rules of Negotiation (Bencher Family #1)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  3,252 Ratings  ·  178 Reviews
He let her make the rules…

NYC’s most eligible bachelor, Brit Bencher, is also known as The Slayer for his reputation in the boardroom…and the bedroom. And he’ll do anything to take care of his family, even seduce high-powered corporate attorney Tori Anderson in the hopes of getting her to reveal confidential information about one of her clients. But for the first time in h
Published February 13th 2012 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rules of Negotiation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rules of Negotiation

Anne OK
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads

One-click and another stroke of luck. This contemporary romance by new-to-me author, Inara Scott, was a well-written story with two strong-willed and very likable characters. You can expect plenty of heat and sizzle, along with some really good sarcastic banter between these two.

Tori is an attractive, headstrong, tell-it-like-it-is heroine who believes in strong work ethics. She’s responsible for the expenses involved in caring for her ailing mother. It’s important that sh
Jennifer Probst
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. The writing is powerful with a beautiful style that just kept the pages turning. I completely identified with the strength of the heroine, fell in love with the sexiness of the hero, and rooted for them the whole way through. Literally a perfect afternoon read - highly recommended!
Elle (Ligia)
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

It might be a tad spoiler-ish

I had quite some mixed feelings over this book. I felt a bit disappointed. I expected more. Way more. And though it wasn’t a bad read, it left me wanting for something else, some sort of deeper connection with the characters.

Tori Anderson is a twenty-something lawyer. She’s driven, determined and strong. She’s better known as a workaholic. Work is her life. And she’s also very untrusting when it comes to good looking, charming men. Having lea
Nicola Marsh
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If I had to use a few words to sum up Inara Scott's debut category romance, they would be 'category romance with substance.'

Inara pens a gorgeous, sexy hero in Brit, a hero with flaws who isn't afraid to admit them when it counts.

And the heroine Tori is a feisty, upfront heroine who I loved for her forthrightness, her confidence in her work and her vulnerability in her personal life.

Together, these two strong willed characters equal fireworks!

I laughed out loud at several one liners in this book
Melissa Simmons
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
First of all, I have to say I've always been a fan of romance novels if they're well written. I consider well written to mean they have a plot and characters who are more than skin deep and maybe some dialogue to go along with the all the naughty scenes. I am so happy to report that Inara Scott's Rules of Negotiation fits all these criteria. The story is sweet and funny while still being sexy, the characters are well developed and likable and the plot moves steadily, pulling you along for the ri ...more
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sıradan bir roman bence..
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Also at

I feel so accomplish lately, I have been able to get to read some great books lately. So, todays selection is Rules of Negotiation by Inara Scott. Let me tell you this book was fun. Here is what the story is about:

We have a workaholic lawyer by the name of Tori Anderson, who has six rules she follows when she negotiates which are:

1. Beware of sexy CEOs bearing favorable contracts (I have to agree with that one)
2. Assume nothing (good advice)
3. When in doubt
Romancing the Book
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Reviewed By~Patti
Review Copy Provided By~Publisher

I enjoyed the dynamics of the characters in this story. Brit and Tori are both portrayed as human with successes and imperfections. Neither was super defensive but they were cautious. They viewed most things realistically. I liked how the attraction was not an instant love at first sight, flash of lightening kind of feeling but was more a slower drawing together as they learned things about each other through conversation and spending time toget
life's a fairy tale
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
I'm mixed between two-three stars {the book was okay-to good}. Most of the book was okay, but the end was good - it was cute. I wish the book was longer because everything happened so fast. I didn't think the "big drama" of the book was all that big so I kept thinking there was more but there wasn't. I thought the characters were really one dimensional. I didn't know them at all.

Brit tries to use Tori to get a phone number to help his sister get a job. Only during the time of trying to "use" he
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 13, 2013 marked it as considering
Love the blurb, but the reviews seem lacking... maybe.
Pek beklediğim gibi çıkmadı.İdare ederdi işte.
Venus Blancia
Mar 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Please excuse the cover. It is really is an exaggeration or I missed it, but this short story features a feisty heroine over man's world of money, power, and glory.
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
C'est une très jolie romance contemporaine que nous offre Inara Scott avec cette histoire douce et amusante tout en étant sexy, les personnages sont modernes et leurs caractères bien développés malgré le format assez court.La relation se met en place progressivement et non pas comme souvent par un coup de foudre des la première rencontre. Non l'auteure fait un travail crédible car les deux héros Lisa Anderson pétulante avocate et Brit Bencher l'homme d'affaires sont deux accrocs au travail qui n ...more
Michelle Christine Kua
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
“Is there any chance we can forget that night ever happened?” – Tori
“If only I could, but you said, and I quote, ‘Maybe another time’. Those words haunt me, Tori, They haunt me.” - Brit

Lord, save me from the CEO trying to play lawyer” – Tori

(view spoiler)
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Tori Anderson had big plans to race up the corporate ladder on her way to a partnership with her prestigious law firm. She was determined to not let anyone get too close to her so she wouldn't suffer the same heartbreak that plagued her ailing mother. When she meets Brit Bencher, CEO of Excorp, during a contract negotiation for one of her clients, all that begins to change. Brit is handsome, charming and confident, with the reputation of being able to have any woman with just a wink or a smile. ...more
I feel like I'm going to take all my feelings of the popular muchly overused idea of the filthy rich, out of this world handsome, bad boy character who falls in live with a not So rich character who 'is not just his type ' and ends up changing him..Yeah you know you know the rest ..or something like that. and release it into this review.Don't worry I will hold myself back ...for now.... Yeah So some things are shaken up the story but ' IT ' is still there. This isn't a direct attack on t ...more
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rules of Negotiation by Inara Scott was such a great read! I read almost straight through it - I didn't want to put it down! The story was so easy to get caught up in and the characters were awesome.

I really loved the characters of Rules of Negotiation. Tori was such an easy character to relate to. I also just loved Betsy - she was too funny! Brit was character that you really couldn't help but to fall for. Both Brit and Tori had their flaws, and they just fit together perfectly to work through
Jaylyn Rodriguez
Dec 14, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm on page 23 of this book and it is currently interesting. I'm definitely into it. Stay tuned for a better review later today. Until then lovely book readers. Enjoy!

Wow I loved it. I think it could have been better but that's besides the point. I really loved how Brit pursued Tori even though his motives were off but he did it for his sister.

There is another book after this one but it has to do with his sister, Melissa, and Solen. It's called The Boss's Fake Fiance. I think it should be good.
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I was surprised. I'm glad to find a new author. I loved that it was angsty and there was enough romance. And I really loved Brit and Tori. They were really good together. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, but then I saw that there was a sequel, so I hope we get to see Brit and Tori in the sequel and learn what happened after their book. I'm a sucker for epilogues or learning more about them after their happy ever after. Going to read the the next book now.
Clemence D
Je n'ai pas réussi a rentrer dans l'histoire. Ce livre se lit rapidement et bien comme toutes les romances de type Harlequin mais le côté trop "tiré par les cheveux" de l'histoire lui font défaut.
A contrario, des thèmes comme la maladie d'Alzheimer et la dépression y sont traité mais l'auteur s'est contenté de les survoler alors que si elle les avaient plus approfondis on aurait pu avoir quelque chose de moins bateau, déjà vu... dommage !
Les personnages principaux, même s'il manque un peu d'appr
Nov 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobook
So am guessing there is no middle grown?! She quits her job? No support from him? He has a full life, family, job and money… she has mmmm her work so yeah instead of getting help or finding a middle grown in her work she just let go of it all just like that.
He took advantage of her at first and she just takes him back? Seriously.
Am sorry I listen to the audiobook till the end but I hate it I really did, I had read the reviews beforehand thinking it was worth it but for me it was a total waste of
Jennifer Murillo
Really sweet, but a lot of heartache to go through to get to the HEA

Loved the complexity of the characters but sometimes personally it's hard for me to read so much angst without enough payoff... and I wish the relationship had been more fleshed out... this could definitely been a much longer book but it was a good short read.
Jessica Vargas
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Lo unico interesante es que la chica era abogada; pero bien mala, osea como es posible que perdono tan rapido es que no te enseñaron en la escuela de derecho que quien la hace una vez lo vuelve hacer, la verdad que el final no me gusto; esta bien escrito y todo tenia bastante material; pense que iba a dar mas pero....
Feb 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
The story revolves around Tory who is fobic for her own fears and has made rules on her mothers saying. The story lacks punch that makes you feel for Brit or Tori. Its not a romantic story but a story of a fool lady who is in her own world
Erica D`souza
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Got boring towards the end. The story is predictable.
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Breaking The Rules Is Such Fun
Forget the Greeks, beware CEO's bearing gifts. Of all the rules of negotiation that lawyer Tori Anderson lives by, that's the one she should have kept in mind. A tricky contract deal on the cusp of being signed is suddenly altered and improved, and not at the request of her client, but by Brit Bencher, CEO of the corporation procuring the acquisition. To say that's an unusual occurrence would be an understatement.

If that didn't make her wary enough, Brit tosses his
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, funny, witty, what more can I ask for?

Tori is more than just a workaholic, nothing ever passes her notice. She's a very ambitious professional, with her sight on a prize, and nothing will get on the way of that. She can be a control freak too, if you ask me. Once she sets on a plan, she does not deviate unless it is absolutely necessary-- and only, if there's a win for her in it. Although she has a big heart, no men are allowed near it. She's about to close a deal, and it all goes as plan

Rules of Negotiation was a fun and really quick read that unfortunately I won't remember for long since I finished reading it. It's cute story, written by a really talented author but somehow it's not something either extraordinary or fresh. It's a story told so many times already and that is probably why I will soon forget everything about it.

In this story you have a really gorgeous and successful hero, the kind that makes all female swoon all over him and the heroine who is beautiful but doesn
Satıgül Yüksek
Nov 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
Maalesef çerezlik kitaplardan biri daha :)

Her zaman ki gibi, zengin ve yakışıklı bir iş adamımız var,adı Brit Bencher, kendisi Excorp şirketlerinin Ceo'su ailesine düşkün biri , kardeşleri ve yeğenleri için yapamayacağı şey yok,bu uğurda kullanmakta sakınca görmeyeceği insanda ve güzel avukatımız Tori de bunlardan biri..

Brit'in kız kardeşi Melissa özel hayatında yaşadığı bir travmadan sonra kendi kabuğuna çekilir,Brit in onu iyileştirmek için aklına gelen plansa kardeşinin çalışmayı çok istediği
help 3 28 Dec 07, 2012 07:06PM
  • Taming the Tycoon
  • Not The Marrying Kind
  • Weekend Agreement
  • In Bed with the Opposition
  • Blackmailed by the Italian Billionaire
  • Holiday Affair (Affair, #1)
  • A Night of Southern Comfort (The Boys are Back in Town, #1)
  • Always a Bridesmaid
  • The Oil Tycoon and Her Sexy Sheikh
  • A Vengeful Affair
  • Kiss and Make Up
  • Flirting to Win (Flirting To Win, #1-3)
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • On One Condition
  • Kidnapped by the Greek Billionaire
  • Tempting Acquisitions  (Boardrooms & Billionaires, #1)
  • Wife for Hire (For Hire, #1)
  • Second Chances
I wrote my first book when I was in high school--a romance called "A Wild and Stormy Passion," which featured swordplay, kidnapping, a pirate heroine, and lots of naughty bits (that came entirely from my adolescent imagination!). Since then, I've written young adult novels and adult romances of the category, contemporary, and fantasy varieties. My books are romantic, sensual, and unconventional.

More about Inara Scott...

Bencher Family (3 books)
  • The Boss’s Fake Fiancee  (Bencher Family #2)
  • Falling for Mr. Wrong (Bencher Family, #3)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Garden of Lies (Garden of Lies, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)