Start by marking “Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3)

Sweet Legacy

(Medusa Girls #3)

United triplets descended from Medusa must find gate between human and monster worlds, rescue aunts jailed under Mt Olympus. Greer must use her second sight, even though she hears gods argue in her mind. Grace wants to trust her adopted brother, Thane, but what is his secret? Orphan Gretchen has fought all her life, but now boys are helping - or are they?
Published September 3rd 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books (first published September 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Legacy, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Claudia
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Claudia You don't. This is platform designed to find your next book, read reviews, write reviews and participate in trivia related to books, etc. This website…moreYou don't. This is platform designed to find your next book, read reviews, write reviews and participate in trivia related to books, etc. This website is not an online library. Hope that helps!(less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverUnravel Me by Tahereh MafiThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Upcoming YA Novels in 2013
328 books — 1,011 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,575 books — 11,050 voters

More lists with this book...

Asphodel
THIS HAS ONE AN AWARD FOR THE BEST FRUSTRATING ENDING. EVER. IN. THE. ENTIRE. WORLD.

OHMYF THIS. THIS- I'M- THAT- *CRIES*

I am now posting my feels and pouring my hearts out because of this.
I am suffering from the loss of Sweet Legacy.
I am apparently diagnosed of anaphylactic shock.
I am searching for a medicine for book hangovers.
I am now shutting myself up to write a review which is probably composed of all my feels and othe blurp of nonsense which ALSO does not particularly serve as a so-calle
M.A. Nichols
Apr 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
Ugh. This series took a serious nosedive. The premise was interesting. I liked the characters. The writing was fine (not amazing, but passable). The plot was a major issue, though. I kept waiting for the series to get better. While things did happen in the first and second book, there was a serious lack of story arc within the books and none of them really pushed the series forward.

The third book finally picks it up a bit, but still lacked a compelling story line and conflict. The things that re
Paige  Bookdragon
Is there an audition for being a medusa girl?
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
*2.5 stars*

Not quite as good as the previous two books. I felt the ending was rushed and a bit disappointing. I felt slightly bored at times but I didn't think it was bad at all. It did hint at more to come in this world maybe, so I would be interested in reading a fourth book or a spin off series possibly. I also felt the romances were a bit forced, like everyone had to end up with someone. (view spoiler)
Colleen Houck
Little sad to come to the end of this series. Quite enjoyed how everything came together. Monsters are so unique. Love the monkey horde. The immortality conundrum at the end still has me thinking about it. The three guys were all great and unique in their own ways.
Raven Lucero
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
The Sweet Venom trilogy reminds me a lot of the Paranormalcy trilogy.

First book: cool idea, fluffy and funny writing, interesting characters, satisfying conclusion.

Second book: meh plot, obviously this should have been one book and not a series, but still passable for what was given, and in the end I enjoyed it a lot more than I did at the beginning.

Third book: Does not compute.

Seriously? Insta-love. After all the time spent on Grace's and Gretchen's relationships, Greer gets insta-love because
Nasty Lady MJ
To see full review click here.

I have to say this was a nice end to a trilogy.

Was it perfect? Hardly. But I honestly feel like this was the best Tera Lynn Childs book I have read to date and I don't regret buying this book or reading this trilogy.

It's good old harmless and clean fun.

That's something I really appreciate about Tera Lynn Childs. Any age group can read her work and won't feel like they're being talked down to or be scarred for life.

Although, she does have a tendency to go towards cor
Echo
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really liked the concept of this series, and I think there was some nice mythology, but in the end the jumping between sisters was a bit confusing. If each book had been from one sisters point of view it might have worked better for me, or from a third person view, but then it would have been hard to follow when they split up.

I had one main problem with this final book, a problem that started brewing with Sweet Venom. Every person they tell is all, oh wow gods? For real? Coolio. And every boy
Candace Wondrak
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
These books were so fun! Mostly mindless, no real twists or anything so you have to take everything for face value, but I liked it all the same. Not everything has to have a deeper meaning. Sometimes you read things just for the entertainment.

All in all, I think this was a great closer to the series.
Stephanie M. Allen
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun ending! I loved this trilogy. The whole thing was a fun ride that didn't take itself too seriously. I would definitely recommend it to those who love YA with a mythological twist.
Annika
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'm confused.
Is that it? Are we done? Because the ending seemed rather ominous.

I'm irritated.
What kind of romance was that? It seemed rather middle school instead of young adult. I mean, they were all like "his mouth brushed mine".
If you want this to be young adult, please say something like, "His lips pressed to mine" and then go a bit in depth but not adult in depth.
I'm not trying to insult her writing, but I just expected more.
Same goes for the action. It was short and not so detailed.
Paula  Phillips
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of my favourite things to read is Greek Mythology and renditions of famous tales. A series that I have been reading and just finished with Book #3 Sweet Legacy is based on the descendants of Medusa and her two sisters. The girls hold the key to the portals and hold the power to stop the monsters from entering San Francisco. In Sweet Legacy , the girls have headed through the portal to Mount Olympus to save Euracyles and Stethno from the clutches of Artemis and Apollo . Along with Nick and Th ...more
P
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
TF kind of ending is that??

You could atleast tell who is going to be mortal. Grace is not strong enough to be immortal. Losing Milo might break her. How selfish can you get Gretchen, nick might be immortal. And thane i hated his stupid build up & secrecy too much and at one point I didn't even care if he came and said hey im actually a demigod and my name is Percy Jackson...except Percy wouldn't be this boring. He's just like that in love with Greer who looks exactly like his..sister?! What,
Jessie Potts
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final book in the Medusa Girls series by Tera Lynn, and I highly recommend reading the first two before embarking on this conclusion. We have one sister who has a stranger messing with her mind, another sister struggling to trust her stepbrother and a sister finding herself lost and spent. For fans of the dark series, I recommend you pick this up. There's war, chaos and brutal turmoil. All three sisters have grown so much in the series, and I find that I almost wish the tri ...more
Nickyrian
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Since this book is yet published, I won' reveal any spoilers. Ms. Tera is one of the authors who knows how to end a series. In this book, the author builds up Thane's character and reveals his true nature. She also emphasizes the importance of family, and what it can bring forth. If you are familiar with Greek Myth, you already have an idea how the irreconcilable differences of Gods can destroy the human realm...one example is the Trojan War. So, expect that to happen in this book. This book con ...more
Jessica DiFelice (thefanaticreader)
This was a great ending to a really entertaining trilogy! :D I really enjoyed Grace, Greer, and Gretchen and their sister bond. This action-packed book had me hooked from the beginning. Although some things were just too convenient, I really enjoyed the story and how these three sisters overcame their obstacles. This was a really great trilogy, that was really fun to read! :D

This novel wasn't perfect, there was some insta-love, and some waayyy too convenient plot devices and things happening, bu
Maria
May 26, 2013 rated it liked it
The triplets are on a rescue mission to save their great-great-forever-great aunts and to open the portal between the worlds. Battling against them are the Greek gods and the monsters are determined to kill them after they open the portal.

Why I started this book: Fun series, who wouldn't love finding out that you are triplet and that it's your destiny to fight monsters and be a hero?

Why I finished the book: It's been a couple of months since I read the first books and I struggled at the beginnin
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really liked this one. A good ending to the series. Though... the ending of the book was a bit abrupt. I've still got some unanswered questions. And while I know it's not really fair to compare this one to Rick Riordan's books... they're both mythology based and I read them all so close together... like I said, hard not to compare. I like that these books are a totally different take on mythology. But I gotta say, I like the gods personalities better in the Percy Jackson world (namely, Poseidon, ...more
Chelsea
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Definitely the weakest book in the trilogy. The ending was very abrupt and I didn't like being introduced to new "big" bad guys in the last 30 pages. Also, each of the girls ending up with their own neatly packaged boyfriend at the end seemed too contrived. Not everyone needs a boyfriend by page 300 to have a happy ending. I also hate the "instant" love I see in almost ALL YA books these days.

I would've given this three stars--my average rating, except the cutsie stilted "Me Tarzan, you Jane" w
Crystal
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
A perfect end to this series. I did cry a few times but that is not always a bad thing!
Arianna
After reading the first one I can't wait for the other two!!!
Melanie
Jan 30, 2013 marked it as to-read
I need this book right here right now this instance!
Janelle
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The characters are well developed in the way that their past is told and in the way that each of them are described. Some of the characters are relatable in the way of some people know what their childhood was like. The plot line is not very predictable and very original from the plot line to the setting in the book.
Greer, Grace, and Gretchen are triplets, but they were separated at birth. They each have their own special and different abilities. Greer has second sight; Grace has auto-porting,
Kathy Martin
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SWEET LEGACY is the final book in the trilogy begun in SWEET VENOM. Grace, Greer, and Gretchen have lots to do before opening the door that they are meant to guard. They need to rescue their mentors, find their boyfriends and learn their secrets, and find the door that they are meant to open and guard. Hordes of Greek gods and monsters are trying to stop them.

Greer gets a better grip on her ability of second sight once she manages to break the link with Apollo that lets him know where she is an
Teresa in ohio
Sep 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017-read
Usually the second book in a triogoly is the MEH one, no not this time.

Book 1 was fun, enertaining and made me root for the sisters.

book 2 tried a little too hard with over the top moments, still good though

book 3 oh where did it go wrong, there wasn't much right.

How are the parents okay with them going off to fight monsters? Not one question

The insta love was so icky sweet, that I rooted against the couple.

Okay for the plot yes they are fated to retell relive resomething of the Medusa Myt
Rachel Chiapparine
My uncle Timmy gave me a hardcover copy of the book. My personal review of the book is as follows:

The storyline of the book really did reminded me of a Hellenic(Greek Gods) themed triplet sisters YA(Young Adult) version of the TV series "Charmed". I really enjoyed the strong bonds between the sisters. Some of the love story arc felt a bit too convenient/unrealistic.

I can't really explain more about what happens within this specific book because it's the 3rd book in the trilogy in case anyone is
Maggie Cunniff
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not worth writing out a proper review, so here are random thoughts:

I do like how she rationally make it so literally everyone is against the girls.

Thane is annoying. It's not about you. Just spit it out.

Plot really jumps.

Plot twists became annoying and too drawn out.

You didn't even make them decide who gets to be mortal.

Do they all have to be in sappy relationships? Probably all cishet white ones. Not a good enough book to go back and check.

Too much of a neat box ending.
Jessi
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Like the second book, this one opens with Grace, Greer, and Gretchen fighting monsters. This time, they are in the Underworld. And they have a lot to do; combat gods, save their aunts, fall in love... Well, this is a young adult book with female protagonist, they generally tend to fall in love with someone. And they have to fulfill their destiny of opening/closing the door between this world and the underworld.
Anya Zhang
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who like mythology
Recommended to Anya by: No one
This was absolutely the most okay book that I've ever read, and I mean that in the nicest way possible, and though I liked the idea of the book, a lot of it just didn't make sense. Also, the writing of this book was a little cheesy, and how some parts are described make it seem like it was written by an amateur writer. I'm completely serious when I say that the whole idea of the book is really good, but the way it was written was not my type. Overall, it was a good read.
Kelcey
Pretty much everything wrapped up neatly. After all that build up, the ending felt pretty rushed. I would have liked a little more about the final battle and the Olympians. Actually, everything in this book felt rushed. I would have liked more character development, more history, and more relationship building. This is a decent series and something I might hand out to people post Percy Jackson who are seeking more modern day/Greek mythology mash-ups.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Ravage (Deviants, #3)
  • Eternity (The Fury Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stone Demon (The Iron Witch, #3)
  • The Wicked Within (Gods & Monsters, #3)
  • The Savage Blue (The Vicious Deep #2)
  • A Touch Menacing (The Siders Series, #3)
  • The Elementals (The Vespertine, #3)
  • Furious
  • Day After (The 19th Year, #2)
  • Descendant (Starling, #2)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • I Am Forever (What Kills Me, #2)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • Inevitable (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #3)
Tera Lynn Childs is the award-winning YA author of the mythology-based Oh. My. Gods. series, the Forgive My Fins mermaid romance series, the kick-butt monster-hunting Sweet Venom trilogy, and the Darkly Fae series.

Her newest release is Myths and Mistletoe, a holiday story collection. She also wrote the City Chicks series and co-wrote the Hero Agenda and Creative HeArts series.

Medusa Girls (3 books)
  • Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls, #1)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
“Cassandra Gregory?" I say, not able to keep the question out of my voice. "I'm Grace, your---"
The door slams in my face before I can finish.
"----daughter."
Well this is not a good start to our reunion.”
9 likes
“...if you project the image you wish the world to see, eventually it will become reality.” 7 likes