Start by marking “Fury (Mercy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fury (Mercy, #4)

Fury

(Mercy #4)

Heartbreak. Vengeance. Fury.

Mercy is an exiled angel cast down to earth and forced to live out thousands of different lives for her own protection. Betrayed by her eternal love, Luc, Mercy burns with fury. The time of reckoning is here and now she must wage open war with Luc and his demons. Ryan’s love for Mercy is more powerful than ever, but loving an angel is mortally d
Paperback, AUS, 364 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by HarperCollins Australia (first published March 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fury

Melissa
This will suffice for now.

Shaheen
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Even though the blurb suggests a certain fierceness on Mercy's behalf, I had not expected Fury to be as wild and savage as it is. Restored to her full glory as a high-ranking angel of heaven, Mercy is just starting to realise how different she is from the humans she has been living among for millenia. Suddenly she is separate from the very people she has fought so hard to love and protect, and she alone of all the angels can see humans as anything but inferior creatures.

Rebecca Lim brings Mercy
Hanna
Mar 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Booking in Heels.

Fury is the latest book in the Mercy series by Rebecca Lim, hot on the heels of Exile and Muse. Released on March 29th, it's the final book in what has been a hugely popular YA series. It was sent to me by Harper Collins in exchange for a honest review and while I spotted a lot of flaws, I can't fault the superb prose and description.

So, for readers who haven't read the first three in the series, Mercy was betrayed by her ex-lover Lucifer and cast down from
Melissa-Jane
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic ending to a great series! The writing was poetic and graceful and I particularly liked the way the opening pages were written.
At first I wasn't quite sure how the story would end but as I reached the middle of the book I began to have an inkling of how it might go down and it was a really great ending that went the exact way that I hoped it would.
I was a bit surprised that there was no epic battle in the end between Luc and Michael, but I am glad for it and although Luc wasn't kill
Christine
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, own-it
Warning: There will be spoilers.

Reviewed with Caitlin, a fellow reviewer on WhatchYAreading.net.

Caitlin: ALL THE RYAN!!!

Christine: Yes. That sums up all my feelings for Fury nicely.

Caitlin: After falling in love with not only the character of Ryan, but Ryan and Mercy together, in the first book it was so nice to see them working together again.

Christine: I have to say, I was kind of hating Mercy in the beginning of the book because she was SO HARD on Ryan about being human. Like it’s his fault f
Tina ♥ Bookaholic

Meine Gedanken zum Buch:
Ich möchte mich dieses Mal wirklich ganz kurz halten – wirklich^^. Den ersten Teil der Reihe fand ich toll, Mercy war mir sympathisch, auch obwohl sie nicht wusste, wer sie wirklich ist oder was mit ihr passiert. Sie wusste nur, dass sie immer wieder in einen anderen Körper schlüpft. Hier gab es auch eine aufkeimende Liebe mit Ryan, meinem Liebling, und spannende Elemente durch die Entführung.
Teil 2 war viel schwächer und man erfuhr
Annie
Jul 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really disappointed. PS: This will contain spoilers so don't keep reading unless you've already read the book or are ready to find out what happened.

First of all, the whininess of Mercy and Ryan got on my nerves after awhile. They're a beautiful couple, sure, but Mercy kept being 'I'm not good enough!' or 'I'll put him into danger!' or 'I'm a monster!' A little too 'Edward Cullen' for my taste. Then Ryan was all, 'No! Stay with me forever!' and 'I'll be your shining compass!' too much like
Emma
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There could be no other ending for this series :D

Please bear in mind that this is the last book in the series and the review may therefore contain spoilers for the previous books.

Let me start by saying that there could have been no other possible ending for his series. Although in some ways it can be seen as predictable the accomplishment in bringing all the elements together for the ending was unexpected and should not be diminished. As I stated in my review of Exile all the clues are placed w
Kanade
Rating: 1 Star

I can hardly believe I used loved this series when it began. What was wrong with me? Fury is by far one of the most cringe worthy books I have read. With its overplayed romance and long multi-paragraphed dialogues, it's a wonder I didn't light the book on fire after I was done. Let me tell you one thing, I love setting things on fire. The way the fire dances around and turns whats under it black, its just so captivating. But I have yet to set a book on fire. I probably won't anytim
Jen
In the electric conclusion to Mercy's journey, she finds herself in the middle of an impossible situation.
Mercy has been through Hell and back, and just when the thought things were improving, they only seem to get even worse. Not just for her, for her love, Ryan who is only human and in a battle between good and evil, there is a chance at death occurring.

Mercy's journey between this series has not been an easy one. It has been confusing, frustrating, but also life changing full of revelations.
Booklover6
Contain spoilers!!

Reasons I think this book was a little bit crap:
1. We never actually get to know Mercy's real name (although I looked it up later and I think it's probably (view spoiler)
2. What the hell happened with the war? Has it ended because of Mercy's (dumb!) descision?

WHAT IS GOING ON??

When I first started reading the book I couldn't put it down! I absolutely loved it. I loved how Rebecca Lim writes it in terms of language and it's very descriptive! I admit I wa
Giselle
Soooo parts of this was excellent, but I kind felt like the ending was too easy, like a cop-out? I wanted there to be more (dare I say it? More problems and obstacles?) There was also too much of it. So dragging that I kind of grew bored. Overall, it was a good ending and I liked how most of the Archangels spoke with such reverence.
Brodie
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012

Mercy has finally broken free from the curse that's trapped her for thousands of years. She's grown a lot of the course of this series and it was nice to see her finally come into power, filled with the knowledge of who she is, where she's come from and how things have shifted since the day she fell from heaven. She's a girl, an angel, with a purpose; fueled by a need for vengeance, making a stand against a man she once trusted and fighting for her own right to live and love.

Although sh
Billie Low
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who would have expected the last book of this series to be my favourite book in the series? Oh my gosh, I cannot even begin to comprehend what I am feeling now. All these emotions within me.

I'm feeling hyped because the book was SO good! Even the word good feels like an understatement to the book. Fury was so fast paced, it literally felt like I couldn't catch my breath when reading it!

Yet at the same time, I feel so tired after finishing the book. Fury had been SO descriptive, it was like for t
Mizuki
Pre-review: I'm curious. Will Rebecca Lim finally reveals the true identity of Mercy as...Jesus Christ himself or Sophia (the female side of God)?

It's just a wild guess. ^_^

Actual review here:

Sweet Lord! I'm pissed, I'm so pissed. What had happened to this angel series that shows an amount of potential? This finale of Mercy series is just mind-blowingly underwhelming and silly.

The story of Mercy plays out like this: Mercy is an exiled angel who is doomed to inhabit the bodies of different female
Tane
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I rated the other three books 5 stars, but after reading the shittiest ending ever, I had to rate Fury 2 stars. I was so subdued to this book that I couldn't stop reading! Then the ending happened and ruined the entire series for me! Ryan was so frikken annoying, there was no need for him at all, it felt as if there love was forced by Rebbca Lim. Uriel was always saying that Ryan was slowing them down, he couldn't help, yet Ryan kept staying and getting in the bloody way! Her name was even revea ...more
Deena Beena
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've got the third book you'll see the actual cover in the back. (:
Angela L. Clay
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angels, ya, nephilim
Wow, most epic ending ever!

Fury is the final installment of Rebecca's Mercy series and I tell you, what an amazing journey it has been. The whole concept and storyline of Mercy's plight was a joy to experience.

So many twists and turns, so many surprises and secrets. Rebecca's writings are almost poetic as she pulls you along from book to book revealing as she goes how Mercy ended up in these bodies and what she has to battle to survive.

Awesome series, awesome characters that you will fall in lov
Angela
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What can I say. This series has been epic, one of a kind even.

Throughout the whole of this series Rebecca has yanked my imagination into another realm of awesomeness. Mercy's struggles and body changes were amazing to say the least. And the ending, hello!

A good series haunts you even when you are awake and Mercy and Ryan were with me at every turn. I will definitely be visiting this series again in the near future.
Lan Chan
Dec 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I've been reading a fair few angel books lately because my NaNo novel is about angels and it always gets me curious to know how a writer resolves the angel/human love equation. Unfortunately, I was severely disappointed with the way this book ended and it's a testament to Rebecca Lim's extraordinary way with words that I managed to finish reading this one at all.

The Plot:
I don't think I'm the only reader who has mentioned the anti climatic way Fury ended and how upset it made them after the inc
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
This is the final book in the Mercy series, a thrilling end to a fantastic series that was very hard to stop reading.
We come to the battle that the first three books in the series have been working towards, I found the start of the book to be pretty slow going I didn't finish as fast as I did the previous books and I kept picking it up and putting it down even reading another book in-between which I never do, thankfully towards the middle of the book it starts to pick up and we get a bit more ac
Rebecca Jane
Aug 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I gave this book three stars because I simply couldn't like it as much as the first three in the series. I found myself annoyed at Mercy quite a lot despite not feeling that way much during the other books of the series. I don't know, maybe it's because she was pretending to be someone else the other times. The story line was really quite good with lots of interesting and likable characters but I found the ending, while good, to be a bit underwhelming.
TheOneAndOnlySam
May 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
umm, anyone else find this a let down?? actually i know a lot of people did. Me included. The only reason i read this was so i could find out what happens to Mercy and Ryan and well, i felt like i owed it Aussies to finish it. I did not enjoy this as much as the other books, and frankly, i didn't even enjoy the other books that much. Nothing against Rebecca Lim, but the writing wasn't very good, and the story didn't seem to flow. sorry, but i did not enjoy this series that much.
AnJelLina
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ryan and Mercy a matched made in heaven, they are both from different worlds yet there love is stronger then any existing thing. Ryan families in danger and Mercy is still trying to figure out what she can do. They face alot of problem together, although Mercy tells Ryan to flee to safety yet he follows her still. The moment comes for her to choose between immortality or normal boring earth life?
Ivandri Kleynhans
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful ending to a beautiful series!
Hannah Nichols
Best plot twist ending for this book. Makes you have some faith in the unexpected.
Big Book Little Book
Helen for Big Book Little Book
Copy Received from publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Please note there are spoilers for the previous three books in this series.

When I read the blurb for this, the forth book in the Fury series, I thought it sounded fascinating. Unfortunately I hadn’t read the other three so I dug out my trusty Kindle and got typing! I devoured the first three books and really enjoyed them. They are pacey and easy to read, I enjoyed the story of Mercy developing as well as
mirkt
New YA recommendations 2 12 Aug 17, 2012 06:21PM
  • Broken Dream (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Winter's Light (Winter Saga, #2)
  • A Touch Morbid (The Sider Series Book 2)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Living on Hope Street
  • Tamlyn (Silvermay, #2)
  • Thyla (Thyla, #1)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Dark Heart Surrender (Dark Heart, #3)
  • Blood Storm (Lharmell, #2)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Unafraid (Archangel Academy, #3)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • A Witch in Love (Winter Trilogy, #2)
  • Mark of the Seer (Seer Society, #1)
  • Destined (Desolation, #3)
  • Sisters of the Strigois (The Stoker Sisters, #3)
Rebecca Lim is an Australian writer, illustrator and editor and the author of nineteen books, including The Astrologer's Daughter (A Kirkus Best Book of 2015 and CBCA Notable Book for Older Readers), Afterlight and Wraith. Her work has been shortlisted for the Prime Minister's Literary Award, INDIEFAB Book of the Year Award, Aurealis Award and Davitt Award, and longlisted for the Gold Inky Award a ...more

Mercy (5 books)
  • Mercy (Mercy, #1)
  • Exile (Mercy, #2)
  • Muse (Mercy, #3)
  • Wraith (Mercy, #5)
“You're my compass, remember? You're here to light my way in the darkness of this world.” 11 likes