Start by marking “The Lunation Cycle: A Key to the Understanding of Personality” as Want to Read:
The Lunation Cycle: A Key to the Understanding of Personality

The Lunation Cycle: A Key to the Understanding of Personality

Offers a fresh dimension in the use of astrology as a tool in understanding life patterns. This book reveals the significance of the cyclic relationship of the sun and moon as phases of a larger process. It describes the eight Soli Lunar types of personalities and the importance of the new moon before birth and the progressed new moon charts.
Published May 1st 1986 by Aurora Press (first published June 1st 1967)

To ask other readers questions about The Lunation Cycle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lunation Cycle

Start your review of The Lunation Cycle: A Key to the Understanding of Personality
Isaac
The Lunation Cycle – Dane Rudhyar

This book contains some very powerful and original ideas about the process of our personal growth through life. I did not give it 5 stars because at times it can be dense and a bit difficult to read. However, it is well worth slogging through those difficult parts. When you reach the (third) eye opening and mind illuminating parts about the Lunation cycle and the relationship of the Moon to the Sun and how each stage reflects a very specific part of our growth –
Melissa
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: astrology
I am a psychologist and I love Rudhyar's writings on personality and personal development. Easy, pleasant read.
Catarina PB
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was interesting, but I think too detailed for someone who knows little about astrology like myself.
Pinar
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: astrology
Bu kitaba daha fazla not verebilirdim ama feminist tarafım biraz geri adım attırdı. O kısımları atlarsam, okurken keyif aldım. Bilgilendirici ve faydalı bir kitap. Ancak kitabın içindeki bazı bölümlerde tarihsel klasik astrolojik bilgilerden ziyade, yazarın kendi algı ve kurgusu üzerine oturttuğu bir çerçeve var diye düşündüm (daha çok yazarın Güneş ve Ay ilişkisini kadın-erkek ilişkisi çerçevesinde anlattığı bölümlerde).

Kitapta Ay fazları, şans noktası, aydınlanma noktası, ruh noktası
Jose Luis Belmonte
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of the greatest XX century astrologers, the book shows what is it the lunation cycle psychologically and how it can be used as a model, a pattern to apply to other couple of planets like Venus-Mars of Jupiter-Saturn. It is noteworthy that Rudhyar was a follower of Jung, in fact it could be said that he (being an Aries) reintroduced the study of mythology into astrology, the same as Jung did for Psychology, in fact Jung himself studied astrology and applied it!.
Dorothy
May 27, 2014 rated it liked it
A comprehensive overview of the lunation cycle, and a descriptive walk through the lunar/solar relationship. I found the explanation of the progressed lunar cycle particularly helpful.
Predrag
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Essential book for those who want to understand how soli-lunar cycles and their rhythm affect us and our psychological unfolding throughout our life path. Very inspiring.
Vasilis Kanatas
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is an inovative thinking by Dane Rudhyar who introduces a kind of Lunar Astrology. I loved this book!
Anne Nordhaus-Bike
Mar 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Kybalion: A Study of the Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece
  • Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart
  • Chart Interpretation Handbook: Guidelines for Understanding the Essentials of the Birth Chart
  • Fingerprints of the Gods: The Evidence of Earth's Lost Civilization
  • Catherine of Siena: The Dialogue (Classics of Western Spirituality)
  • The Idiot
  • Prometheus and Atlas
  • Astrology, Psychology, and the Four Elements: An Energy Approach to Astrology and Its Use in the Counseling Arts