Start by marking “The Stunning Science of Everything” as Want to Read:
The Stunning Science of Everything

The Stunning Science of Everything

(Horrible Science)

Taking a journey from the very small, to the very big, readers will be taken on a glorious tour of everything in science from the smallest thing ever to the horribly huge universe. Individual chapters cover atoms, molecules, light and sound, microbes, diseases, bugs, humans and the body, animals, the earth and outer space. And it's all in glorious full colour
Published September 1st 2007 by Scholastic (first published August 31st 2001)

Stephen Chuang
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good for young ambitious scientists wanting to learn about microbes, the planets and the universe.
Bella
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Stunning Science of Everything is a nonfiction book written by Nick Arnold and illustrated by Tony De Saulles. It is most likely intended for children ages 7-11.

Summary: Accompanied by goofy cartoons and filled with disgusting details, this book covers many different scientific topics including bugs, dinosaurs, weather, and the beginning and end of the universe.

Evaluation: I rated this book 4 stars because it is a very informative book that puts otherwise confusing scientific concepts into s
Shalini Sharma
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good
Anna Penniston
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
The layout of this book is very unusual so captures the attention of the reader and draws them in. This layout also means it is very easy to read, yet still factual.
babyhippoface
Silly cartoons punctuate the scientific theories, discoveries, and explanations inthis volume full of the offbeat, thebizarre, and the just plain “gross.” Slime, disease, bloodsucking bugs, bodily functions, and more are all discussed in a fashion designed to get kids’ attention by exploiting the “gory” factor. The attention to detail makes this volume a bit much for kids who are not science buffs, and the lack of an index and resources make it virtually useless for reports, but if additional bu ...more
RCPP
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the best. This book was so good a scientist (any kind of scientist) would be talking about quantums and quarks and hailstones affect the weather instantly. This book was a piece of cake when I read it. It had less pages that other "Horrible" books. My least favorite chapter was the end of the universe, because I don't want the universe to go away. I skipped the chapters I didn't like and I got through almost every single word. I skipped the End of the Universe and Dastardly Deadly D ...more
Elizabeth
Clearly aimed at the "we still find poop funny" age group, this book actually manages to lightly cover a wide variety of scientific theories. There's a tiny bit of ecology, biology, anatomy, quantum theory, and other ideas in the overly-colorful pages. There's also booger jokes. It's an interesting combination and the choice to live the British hummour and slang in (with a small, unnecessary "translation glossary" in the back) works well.
Aedan Lake
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A rather fun romp through all of science. A tad hyper for my weary, embittered adult tastes, but as a child I would have obsessively read and re-read this for the concise science facts and fart jokes.
Sally Boots
Aug 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is gross and informative - my 10-year-old and I are reading it and cackling.
Prina
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very nice
Rui Huang
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect book for any 12 year old, I read it at around the same age.
Pradyun Setti
Jan 17, 2014
Pipa Francis
Oct 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Essential Arithmetricks (Murderous Maths, #3)
  • Odious Oceans (Horrible Geography)
  • Rotten Rulers
  • Evolve or Die (Horrible Science)
  • The Bart Book: Simpsons Library of Wisdom
  • Naked Eggs and Flying Potatoes: Unforgettable Experiments That Make Science Fun
  • The Jew of New York
  • Sherwood: Original Stories from the World of Robin Hood
  • The Ghost Of The Chattering Bones (The Boxcar Children, #102)
  • The Ballad of Valentine
  • Madame Butterfly
  • Voyage to the End of the Room
  • A Boy No More (Adam Pelko, #2)
  • Sir Cumference and the Sword in the Cone
  • Juno & Juliet
  • Gregor Mendel: The Friar Who Grew Peas

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Nick Arnold is the author of the award winning series, Horrible Science and Wild Lives. Arnold's first published works appeared as a result of a project he was working on at the University of North London, when he was trying to teach young children. A positive review was written about him, and he started to write the "Horrible Science" books. His books are illustrated by Tony De Saulles.

Horrible Science (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Angry Animals (Horrible Science)
  • Blood, Bones and Body Bits
  • The Body Owner's Handbook (Horrible Science)
  • Bulging Brains (Horrible Science)
  • Chemical Chaos
  • Deadly Diseases (Horrible Science)
  • Disgusting Digestion
  • Evil Inventions (Horrible Science)
  • Evolve or Die (Horrible Science)
  • Fatal Forces