Start by marking “Rational Fasting: A Scientific Method of Fasting Your Way to Health” as Want to Read:
Rational Fasting: A Scientific Method of Fasting Your Way to Health

Rational Fasting: A Scientific Method of Fasting Your Way to Health

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  128 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Complete instructions for fasting, includes how, when and why. Reveals a natural basic cause of disease with remedies for its removal. Also contains Ragnar Berg's table of food values, a special selection on menus and recipes.
Published November 1st 2001 by Benedict Lust Publications (first published January 1st 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Rational Fasting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rational Fasting

Matt Skeels
Apr 20, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: created-listing
Interesting idea on fasting... such as, only eat fruit to make your balding head grow its hair back. If only...
Judith
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet. Yet very powerful. An eye opener.
Osama Al aghbar
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a very wonderful book describes the importance of fasting in our life, and how it could help you increase your lifespan ( Insha'Allah)
this book is based on power of fasting for body detoxification
Danny McCaffrey
Great idea, terribly outdated and scientifically weak. Credit to Mr. Ehret for making a case for Fasting with reason, not religion. But still, more research needs to be done to add to the case of Fastings implied benefit.

For science related pro-fasting literature I would highly recommend Dr. Mark Mosley...

...and his BBC program "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer"

Or just tap the source and read up on the studies the University of Birmingham is doing on fasting. La
Leonardo
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-digital, salud
Bueno, está interesante. Más de lo mismo básicamente, pero justamente por eso me parece que está muy bien. Pone en palabras varias cosas que uno sabe de una u otra manera. Me sorprendieron algunas cosas que fui experimentando por mi propia experiencia y que el tipo las expresa claramente. Por ejemplo lo del ayuno semanal, o lo de tener cuidado con que desayunar después, o lo de no desayunar diariamente por la mañana, el malestar inicial durante el ayuno, y alguna cosa más. Aporta.

El tipo era ba
Barbara Ab
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sono molto perplessa malgrado concordi con alcune sue teorie. Per fortuna anche lui capì che digiuni di 40 giorni non sono proponibili, almeno a tutti. E’ morto a 56 anni per una scivolata in cui si è rotto il cranio, mi domando se soffrisse di osteoporosi o altro. La sua dieta è troppo stretta e quando non lo è non vedo il senso di unire alimenti acidificanti ad alimenti basici. Non sarebbe meglio una dieta vegana bilanciata e basta invece di alternare verdure e formaggi? Indubbiamente ognuno h ...more
Alex
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most essential read I've ever come across personally. The formidable affect mucus and toxemias have on our body is perfectly illustrated by Ehret.

I found myself having "oh, that makes so much sense" moments throughout the entire read. The reading for me went by so quickly due to the divine subject matter. Ehret's words were being delivered straight to my soul. Never have I found so much spiritual comfort from a read.
Aug 15, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Difficult to read at the beginning as the author is on his soapbox, but it was SO worth the effort. A refreshing take on health, taking food, and bodily cleanliness and longevity. It's nice that he did the research using his own body and found his health after being so close to his deathbed. His hard writing style actually gave me strength to go through some of the methods afterward, and for that, I am thankful.
Jan
Jul 30, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anybody
Shelves: recommended
a very interesting insight into the western diet, detoxification, vitality and the connection to health and longevity.

Maybe the key to understanding the underlaying cause of disease in general.

Definetely good for cleansing and understanding the importance of clean cells and blood.

but the focus is not only on fasting, but mainly on a muscusless diet (fruits & veggies)
Faisal Qureshi
May 22, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Short essay turned into a book

What could have been said in 500 words has been turned into a book. This whole book is really just an advertisement for another book. Sadly, the other book is an advertisement for this book.

Though what they're talking about is of great value, but altogether it could have been said in 20 pages.
Meelis
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Maybe not the best book on fasting but it gave me the understanding that fasting is a great miracle that has been given to us to heal our body and recover from illness. I have started weekly fasting after reading this book and I will definitely fast for longer periods in the future.
Veronica
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Safe and pain free fasting method coming into and coming out of a long fast.
Malobi
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The information in the book is invaluable but I found it very repetitive and with a few typos. Not one to complain about typos usually but after getting the gist of it, the repetition get annoying.
David
Jul 08, 2009 is currently reading it
Really good so far. :]
Del Thomas
very good but probably best to read the mucusless diet one by Ehret instead
Suki
Jan 21, 2015
Toni
Nov 12, 2015
Ashley Frazier
rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2017
Charles
Apr 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Becoming Raw: The Essential Guide to Raw Vegan Diets
  • Fasting and Eating for Health: A Medical Doctor's Program for Conquering Disease
  • The World Peace Diet: Eating for Spiritual Health and Social Harmony
  • Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness: The Complete Guide to Building Your Body on a Plant-Based Diet
  • Spiritual Nutrition: Six Foundations for Spiritual Life and the Awakening of Kundalini
  • Food for Life: How the New Four Food Groups Can Save Your Life
  • Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices
  • Food and Healing: How What You Eat Determines Your Health, Your Well-Being, and the Quality of Your Life
  • The Fluoride Deception
  • Green for Life
  • Vegan Cooking for One: Over 150 simple and appetizing meals
  • Fit for Life
  • 101 Reasons Why I'm a Vegetarian
  • A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives: Descriptions in Plain English of More Than 12,000 Ingredients Both Harmful and Desirable Found in Foods (Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives)
  • The McDougall Program: 12 Days to Dynamic Health
  • Strategic Action for Animals: A Handbook on Strategic Movement Building, Organizing, and Activism for Animal Liberation
  • The Herbal Kitchen: 50 Easy-To-Find Herbs and Over 250 Recipes to Bring Lasting Health to You and Your Family
  • The Vegan Monologues
Arnold Ehret was a German health educator and author of several books on diet, detoxification, fruitarianism, fasting, food combining, health, longevity, naturopathy, physical culture and vitalism.
More about Arnold Ehret...