Start by marking “Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2)” as Want to Read:
Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2)

Highlander Most Wanted

(The Montgomerys and Armstrongs #2)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  11,467 Ratings  ·  983 Reviews
In Highlander Most Wanted, a reclusive woman content to live in the shadows shows a Highland warrior the true meaning of love.

Genevieve McInnes is locked behind the fortified walls of McHugh Keep, captive of a cruel laird who takes great pleasure in ruining her for any other man. Yet when Bowen Montgomery storms the gates on a mission of clan warfare, Genevieve finds th
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published March 19th 2013 by Ballantine Books

Lisa
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing

The most unlikely of champions, and the most unlikely woman to inspire a man to champion her cause.

description

Maya Banks has once again delivered a powerful and touching tale about a scarred heroine and the man who would champion her in Highlander Most Wanted. Only Banks can deliver such a fairytale-esque storyline while also providing the reader with a potent emotional punch.

In Never Seduce A Scot, book one in this series, we are introduced to the hatred between the Montgomery and Armstrong clans as wel
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Full review now posted...

HighlanderMostWanted400

Highlander Most Wanted is the second book in the Montgomerys and Armstrongs series. It picks up right on the heels of the first book, Never Seduce a Scot, and while I truly enjoyed that story, I loved this one!
From the cover:

Anne

So, almost every single one of my friends loved this, but I just had the hardest time with it. And I think the reason is this: All I wanted was a fun kilt romance with some steamy sex scenes.

description

The stuff that had happened to Genevieve in this one was a bit too awful for me to just skim and giggle my way through like I normally would. I mean, she was kidnapped, repeatedly raped, humiliated, and held captive for a year or so by the bad guy from the last book.
Oh, and did I mention he took a
Lisa Jayne
Apr 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisa Jayne by: Anna
3 HIGHLANDER STARS

description

After falling in love with the Montgomery clan in book one of the series, I automatically added this book as one of my must reads. Whilst this book delivered on the romance and swoony hero scales there was something missing for my full out five star rating, but don't be too disappointed as I am firmly in the minority here, there are a plethora of readers who loved this book to bits. But here are my book thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Genevieve Mcinnes has been living a life of
Debra
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it

4+++ sweet and sighworthy stars.

"Such a wondrous thing. Hope. Something she'd been so long without. And yet now it bloomed, like the first blossom in spring, spreading its petals to seek the sun."

Highlander Most Wanted was my second historical romance novel by Maya Banks and it did not disappointed. Just like the first part of this series, the story was filled with love, despair, hope and many, many endearing moments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The story starts off right were Never
Jilly
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I guess it would really have been impossible to live up to the first book. And, it didn't.

This book is like a potato. It's pleasant enough if you liked the last book, but it isn't really new or exciting. As a matter of fact, there are so many similarities in the sequence of events from the last book that I think the author was working off the same outline.

Okay, maybe it is environmentally friendly to use the same outline, but still...

And, not only was the sequence of events almost the same, but
Anna

BOWEN MONTGOMERY

Genevieve McInnis

Beautiful Scotland Highlands

What a beautiful story !!!

I didn't know what to expect when I picked up this book. I had challenged myself this year to start reading books outside my normal reading box. I have not read a historical romance in such a long time ( I am thinking years....) This book was just so heartbreaking and beautiful! This book is a book 2 in a series. I had not done my homework...a million pardons...but I wanted to give it a go because I could sati
Karla
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgally-copy

5 Hottie Highlander Stars!! ! Maya Banks' BEST Highlander book yet! Bowen Montgomery...RAWRRRRR!!

Maya Banks has tapped in something she’s really good at…writing Highland romances. Admittedly, I have not read any of her books in other romance sub-genres, but the five within the two Highlander series that’s she written, McCabe Trilogy and The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, have hit a chord with me, most especially this latest series. She blew me away with this book. It appears that each book will hav
Stacia (the 2010 club)

Genevieve is a woman hiding from the world. A chance encounter on the road brought her to a place of permanent tragedy - one which left her scarred on the inside and the outside.

Bowen is a man who has never needed to ask for anything. When he encounters a very scared Genevieve, he doesn't know how to handle her. He'll have to learn that there's a first time for everything - even when it means humbling oneself.

They have both born shame. They have both faced ugliness.

Together, they are beaut
Susanne
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
description

*Sniffles happily* This book took my breath away. It is incredibly beautiful, terrible and heartwarming. There are no words that can describe this book. Some books are easy to review, while others make you feel that there is no way you can do them justice in your review.

The first part is really dark but as color slowly sips into the story it is transformed into one of the most beautiful tales of healing and true love.

description

Maya Banks is rocking the highlander genre! It's another solid five-star read a
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
She put wayyyy too much angst and abuse and sadness in this book. The girl was so broken that the love came off way to rushed. That girl needed a book all to herself where she just learned to live and love herself! FUCK MEN. I'm slightly inebriated as I type this sooo maybe I'll rereview this laterrrr

HELLLLLLL YEAH. did you read that freaking description. This book , I predict, will be the best yet in her whole highlander series. I hope i get an arc of this book
Sha Mslvoe
The cover art is T-O D-I-E F-O-R!!

Maya Banks just announced in FB the Hero will be Graeme's brother Bowen and the heroine is Genevieve who is a tortured heroine. 'Yayyyy'

*** I got the ARC!!! THANK YOU TO NETGALLEY & Random House/Ballantine books ***
Photobucket

OMG OMG OMG!!! This book is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET!!!! Absolutely excellent Scottish romance. I loved Bowen and Genevieve. Highlander most wanted is brilliant, a wonderful story with fantastic characters and a perfect ending. LOVED LOVED LOVED
Mo
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off, the cover alone deserves some stars. Very nice. This was a great book. I absolutely loved the first in the series and wanted to catch up with the rest of the cast. This more or less starts of where the previous one finished. Genevieve, had been held captive by Ian McHugh, raped and tortured. He also disfigured her face as he did not want other men to look at her beauty. Bowen, "sigh", what a Hero he was. The storytelling was wonderful. Bowen and Genevieve don't have it easy, there are ...more
Carmen
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance fans
Recommended to Carmen by: Navessa
"'Tis time for me to rise. I wish it were not so. 'Tis the truth I'd rather never leave this chamber, and I'd sell my soul to do nothing more than kiss you for the rest of my days."

KISSING!

LOL But, no, seriously, another stellar 5-romance-star book from Maya Banks. I am so grateful to Navessa for informing me of this author's existence - I had no idea. Thank you, Navessa.

This is a Highland, Scottish historical romance - you know the type. Kilts, plaids, aye, nay, clans and bairns and lairds etc.
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
I WANT A BOWEN. Seriously. This book was so good, I loved every second of it. Genevieve went through some serious s#%t and the way Bowen championed her and came to love her was beautiful. Banks did a great job making these characters real and making the reader truly care about them. Also, she did a wonderful job of detailing Genevieve's past without actually DETAILING Genevieve's past.

I love a good Medieval and I truly love this series. In my opinion, this is Banks at her finest. If you like aw
Mei
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
I've had a hard time rating this book... I thought and thought and ecided that it was only slightly above 3 stars, so here it is.

Why? Because I was royally annoyed! With Bowen!!!
He was constantly musing, thinking, pondering, doubting, moping... About what? Was Genevieve happy with him? Whitout him? Here? There?

Good grief, Bowen!! Grow a pair!!! He's supposed to be a mighty warrior, and at the beginning he was, but he ended being just... MEH...

As I said, at the beginning I liked him: he used his
Kathleen
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Story Rating 5 STARS
Character Rating 5 STARS
Romance Rating 5 STARS
Heat Level 3 STARS
OVERALL RATING 5 HUGE STARS

WOW!!! I absolutely LOVED this book

First off I need to say that Maya's first book in this series, Never Seduce a Scott, was my favorite book pick for 2012. I know it's too early in 2013 to say this one will be my number 1 pick for this year too but I can assure you that for me, this book is going to be a hard book for any others to over take it.

This story grabbed me right from the fir
Sandra
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mature readers (17+) Maya Banks fans, and romance lovers
4.5 STARS TO AN AMAZING AND FABULOUS HISTORICAL ROMANCE, THAT I HAVE BEEN ANTICIPATING FOR AGES!

Muscular like a rock, brown, long hair, lips you can not resist. All those things add up to.... Bowen Montogomery! Luis 120618 01 zpse5cf0a2c

Meet his perfect match, dear ladies. And don't cry for long because he's taken. I know, it pains a great deal. May i present - Genevieve McInnis 7c4f78b8 5ba2 4392 961c c5787633c508 zps253476a6

Highlander Most Wanted is my second ever historical romance by Maya Banks. I have read some of her other genre too, and i really enjoyed t
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 4.5 Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I did not think a man such as you existed."

He smiled and lowered his mouth to hers. "And 'tis the truth I did not dream a lass such as you existed."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Genevieve McInnes has been thought to be dead for a year, but she had been prisoner to Ian McHugh at his Keep. Ian was obsessed with her and wanted her for himself but she had always turned him down. So, he took her and scarre
CC

This was a hard book to read. But boy was it thought provoking. It reminds me of this author's Pregnancy & Passion series - really thought provoking but not always enjoyable.

In general, I found the book to be pretty depressing. Genevieve has been raped and tortured for a year. How can that not be depressing? And all she has to show for it was a clan full of nasty bitches and reprehensible men who call her a whore. So with that setting, how in the world do I get to 3.5 stars? Basical
Ally
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, huh

Setting / Time / Genre: Scottish Highlands, a long time ago =)

Length: 352 pages / a bunch of hours of listening

Series: Yep. This is the middle book. The other two are Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1) by Maya Banks and Highland Ever After (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #3) by Maya Banks. I've read the first but not the third, not that you care, but there you go.

Sexy times: Sure. It's a Maya Banks, after all. But there is no kinky stuff and it's not like there is a tremendous amount. In my world, this is not a scorcher if you are trying to avoid that kind of thing.

Plan on reading more by the autho
Mary - Buried Under Romance
This was an absolute delight to read. Immensely touching, the scarred heroine trope has been rejuvenated under Maya Bank's touch, as she has again given our scarred heroine a happily-ever-after with her own sweet, kind, and gentle hero.

Taking off after the events in the first book, Never Seduce A Scot, Bowen Montgomery has been sent to claim the McHugh keep and avenge the wrongs done to his new sister-in-law. There, he encounters the most beautiful woman he's ever seen, before he sees that half
Lover of Romance
After Ian is killed, Genevieve wonders what her fate will be, stuck behind the keeps door, with no place to go. Then Bowen Montgomery comes with a army, and storms the gates, and seeing only a few men, and women and children, he knows he has a big task ahead of him. When he meets Genevieve, he is stunned with a woman that even though rumored to have slept around some, there is a innocence he senses about her, and he knows that there is alot more to her than meets the eye. As he and his men try t ...more
Gina
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highlander

5 Romantic Stars!!!

This story the Heroine takes center stage, and I loved it! Genevieve has been held prisoner by Ian McHugh for a year and has been repeatedly raped by Ian and some of the men in his clan. Ian and his men have also scarred her face so no other man would want her. Labeled a whore by the other members of the McHugh clan she is ostracized and treated less then human.

Ian McHugh having been killed in book 1 of this series, the opening of this book is Genevieve and the rest of the Mc
MelissaB
A weak four stars for this one and that was only rounded up from 3.5 stars because I liked the last 20% of the book.

The heroine went through some really bad stuff before the books starts and continues to be harassed and attacked in the story, it was all too much sometimes. Bowen was a sweet hero but I wish he could have kept the MacHugh's from causing Genevieve even more pain, though he did do a lot to help her. The seriousness of Genevieve's trauma kept a depressing feel to the story for most
Regina
Check out this review and others like it at BadAssBookReviews

This book was an emotional ride for me. I felt right there with the heroine's ups and downs. I am not sure how Ms. Banks does it, but I was hooked and in the palm of her hand for the entirety of this book. So basically, I loved it from the beginning. Maya Banks as a historical romance novelist is a new discovery for me. I began reading her earlier Highlander trilogy and gorged myself on it in a few days. I was so excited to discover
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-hr
RTC.
Reread.
Where is my 3rd book, Maya Banks?!?!?!?
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
  • The Chieftain (The Return of the Highlanders, #4)
  • The Recruit (Highland Guard, #6)
  • Conquered by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #4)
  • The Seduction Of Elliot McBride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • Unwanted (The MacLauchlans, #3)
  • The Trouble With Highlanders (The Sutherlands, #2)
  • The Highlander's Reward (Stolen Bride, #1)
  • His Wicked Ways (MacKay, #1)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.

The Montgomerys and Armstrongs (3 books)
  • Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1)
  • Highland Ever After (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #3)
“There were worse things than death, as she'd discovered. Sometimes living took far more courage. Facing another day. Enduring. Those things took strength. Far more than dying.” 19 likes
“You'll never have to beg me for anything, my love. If you ask me for the moon, I'll fetch it for you.” 9 likes