Start by marking “The Essence of Life and Love in Australia” as Want to Read:
The Essence of Life and Love in Australia

The Essence of Life and Love in Australia

This is my third volume of romantic Australian Short Stories. Like the others, it's highly readable, and has been edited by my husband Ronald Sharp B.E.M., the creator of the Grand Organ in the Concert Hall of the Sydney Opera House.
The average length of each tale is only four pages, making them ideal for reading on the run. They are engaging, since they portray a variety
Published 2011 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about The Essence of Life and Love in Australia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Essence of Life and Love in Australia

Mark
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: literature
Margaret Lynette Sharp untangles small knots in our emotional constitution, of hesitancy, of love and affection, of wistful regret and of loss acknowledged, but not without hope.

This is a collection of stories and of finely-wrought encounters, sometimes between two people almost in love or partly in affection, sometimes just between the protagonist and her own feelings, each one playing on a familiar but resonant theme and dissecting a vexing unconscious puzzle, in the way that dreams do.

Sharp
Margaret Sharp
As the author, I can only say that I enjoy reading this book. It's very easy to comprehend; the stories are diverse; and many are real page-turners.
Readers have told me they like the book. One told me it was 'funny'; and I guess some of the tales actually are, since they're written in a very light, teasing manner. Others, however, are quite serious; and, by necessity, the style of writing changes.
All in all, an attractive volume, written with Australian life in mind.
Maretha Botha
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads
Most days I seem to be running out of time and to be able to read a full length novel becomes more of a distant dream. So, I've been reading "The Essence of Life and Love in Australia" over a period of time, savouring each of the 26 stories. The author tells of life as her characters live it day by day, their ups and downs, their failures - at love - or weddings, sibling rivalries, families and friends. Another positive for me is that Margaret Lynette Sharp writes in the Present Tense, which hel ...more
Alison Clifford
An interesting mix of stories told from various viewpoints and easy to read.
Margaret Sharp
Being the author of the book one is reviewing has its pros and cons. On one hand, I know the book very well indeed: after all, it's my brain-child. On the other hand, there are those who would think that an author tends to see their book through rose-coloured glasses, therefore their opinion is not to be taken seriously.

Be that as it may, I have recently re-read this book, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the sort of volume you can pick up for five minutes, but then decide you just want to read o
Jeanette
Jan 14, 2016
Kathy Heare Watts
Feb 02, 2018
My blog: http://margaretlynettesharp.wordpress...

Margaret Lynette Sharp is an award-winning writer, and the author of sixty-one titles, including #1 Amazon Best Seller, 'Longbourn Revisited'. Her work was highly commended during the the 2014 Hurstville Discovery Festival of Community Arts, and published by Hurstville Council in an anthology entitled 'Write Out Loud'. In November 2015 she won a Sec