Start by marking “Did Anyone Die? (Little Wychwell Mysteries #1)” as Want to Read:
Did Anyone Die? (Little Wychwell Mysteries #1)

Did Anyone Die?

(Little Wychwell Mysteries #1)

A gunfight with no bodies, a missing wheelie bin, abandoned groceries, can they possibly all be connected? Is Elodea suffering from over active imagination and if not Did Anyone Die? Some are born detectives, some become detectives and some have detectiveship thrust upon them. In this last category are Priscilla, dedicated classicist and Oxford academic, and Barnabus, her ...more
Published January 2011 by Melrose Books

To ask other readers questions about Did Anyone Die?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Did Anyone Die?

Brenda
Elodea was walking her dog when she heard voices; shouting then gunfire. But after first running away from the vicinity, clutching her dog in her arms, then feeling guilty and returning, she was astounded when there was no evidence of what she’d heard. Elodea was slightly bemused as she once again returned home – when her friend Priscilla arrived that evening after a frantic call from her, she convinced her she’d imagined it all, and departed for her daughter’s, leaving Priscilla to look after E ...more
Karen Syed
Feb 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, mysteries, ebooks
This is another Facebook find for me. Did Anyone Die? is a charming little read. With a clever mystery and quaint characters, this Little Wychwell Mystery is a fun book that takes the reader into a fictional village that has more than its fair share of drama.

This time around, there may, or may not have been a murder. There may, or may not be one too many secrets in the village, and Priscilla may or may not survive when she is bamboozled into caring for her dear friend, Elodea's perky little pup.
Juliet
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Set in and around Oxford and Oxfordshire, this is a very English novel. Eccentricities abound in a quintessentially English fashion. The result is, whilst not laugh a minute, comfortably humorous in a typically English situational and observational way.

The plot is cleverly and lightly delivered with plenty of twists and red herrings. The revelations in both timing and “ah” factor are only lacking a drawing room and a fully assembled cast of characters to be entirely Christie-esque.

I found the ma
Sarah Emm
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’ve had “Did Anyone Die?” on my TBR list for over a year and finally made my way through my pile to check it out. From the start, I fell in love with the charming characters and wanted to see if anyone had, in fact, died. This novel has mystery, comedy, adventure, and I read it within two days. I just had to know what would happen next. The author painted a picture of the British village and characters so vividly, I could imagine the story unfolding on screen. I refuse to give the plot away, bu ...more
Leigh Mitchell
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
It was a hard slog for such a short book, there didn't appear to be much action in it, though the ending picked up a bit. It was free on the kindle when I downloaded it but I don't think I will be rushing out to get any more in this series.
Maureen Vincent-Northam
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
A really enjoyable cosy whodunit set in Oxfordshire. Elodea witnesses a murder while out walking her dog but it’s her friend, Priscilla, who’s left to unmask the killer when she’s asked to dog-sit the Yorkshire terrier. Good plot and lots of fun.
Susan
Sep 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, mystery
Very British Cozy Mystery set in a small village, with Priscilla the main character, being a most reluctant and rather cranky amateur sleuth. Full of the Town and Gown conflict as well as Country Mouse vs. City Mouse tensions. Very funny, but in a most British humor.
Jack
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Amusing humorous murder mystery in an English village.
Ams78
Owen Williams
Jul 25, 2013
Susanne Weigand
Apr 10, 2014

Little Wychwell Mysteries (7 books)
  • A Very Quiet Guest (Little Wychwell Mysteries #2))
  • Speak of the Wolf (Little Wychwell Mysteries)
  • All That Glisters Is Not Silver (Little Wychwell Mysteries #3)
  • Some People Go Both Ways (Little Wychwell Mysteries Book 5)
  • Walking Where the Willows Whisper (Little Wychwell Mysteries)
  • A Walrus in Oxford (Little Wychwell Mysteries Book 7)