Start by marking “Lace and Lassos (Rough and Ready #2)” as Want to Read:
Lace and Lassos (Rough and Ready #2)

Lace and Lassos (Rough and Ready #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  314 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Eight years ago Wayne Cameron hit rock bottom when Kaitlyn Barrett walked out of his life after she had done everything she could for him. She'd had to do what he couldn't—walk away from his addictions. Now a decorated soldier, Wayne was Special Forces in Afghanistan but returned to ranching life after an injury taken under fire.

Kaitlyn returns home to Southern Arizona to
Published January 27th 2012 by Pink Zebra Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lace and Lassos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lace and Lassos

Feb 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Yet another good sexy Cowboy book from Cheyenne McCray. I really liked both the H&h's in this book. I loved how the family pulled together and gave their support. The loves scene were steamy and the romance believable for me.

I wish these stories would be longer but overall I did really enjoy them and I look forwards to the next book.
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Kaitlyn returns home to Arizona after 8 years for her father's funeral. She has decided she is going to stay and make of go of restoring the Rocking B Ranch back to a working ranch. Kaitlyn left 8 years ago after putting her childhood sweetheart Wayne Cameron into a program for alcoholism. During those 8 year she went to school and got married but she was married to a verbal abuser who caused her already fragile psyche to lead her into a deep depression.

Eight years ago Wayne Cameron hit rock bo
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second Chance

I liked Wayne and Kait. This was a second chance romance. There was a bit of mystery and suspense to add to the romance.

Lace and Lassos was a very quick read. I would have appreciated the story behind Kait's cousin and his hatred of her. Was it just greed? I was surprised that there wasn't more reaction after the tables were turned. I kept waiting for something that never happened, but, that is on me.

Overall, a quick, sexy, and enjoyable second chance romance.
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboy-romance
I enjoyed this book and it was well-written. I do like the Cameron family and I'm looking forward to reading more. My one gripe is that in this book things moved a little fast at times. For someone who was supposed to have problems, Kaitlyn had a pretty fast turnaround. The end seemed a little rushed and then in the epilogue, we just jump forward in time. Still, it wasn't a bad enough problem to put me off, so we'll see what the next book is like.
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a novella that is third in this "Rough and Ready" series and published in January 2012. Highlighting another of the Cameron brothers, this story brings together a woman who has fled because of tension and stress and the overpowering disappointment of having a lover who loves the booze better than the woman in his life. Now she has returned and finds that Wayne Cameron, her lover of eight years past, has seen the error of his ways, but can she trust that his apparent re-hab and new lifest ...more
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kyra Storm
This was another really good book by Cheyenne McCray.
It is a story of two people with a past that find their way back together. They rekindle what they had ten years before and become stronger as a result.
Wayne and Kaitlynn have sexual chemistry that is off the charts. Wayne is out to prove to Kaitlyn that even though the sex is great, there is more to them than what is between the sheets!This book wasn't just about the sex and the couple together but also Kaitlyn and her own family issues. Her
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
I really liked this didn't seem as rushed as the others because the character had known eachother since they were little.
I also liked how the author brought to light the discussion of depression, as someone who has seen first hand how depression can be a downward spiral for a person and I will say that the writing for the part was done extremely well. Both Hero and heroine had their demons in this book and both had issues they still needed to work through. This was more of a second cha
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Every man that Kaitlyn ever loved has hurt her, including her first love Wayne. Wayne, one of the twins, became a drunk and it took Kaitlyn leaving him for him to hit rock bottom. After eight years apart Kaitlyn is back to run her fathers ranch after he dies.
I really liked this story and it was a great continuation from the last book. The only reason I didn't give a full five stars is because of the ending. It felt like the story jumped in time but forgot to tell you. It took about a page befor
Mar 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cont-western
Kait returns home after a failed marriage and the death of her father. She had left the home of her youth under sad circumstances and tried to move on with her life.
Wayne had always loved her but had thrown it away in a bottle. With her father's death the homestead becomes hers. She must face all of the past pains and heal so that she could move on. Her ownership of the ranch is challenged and nightmare after nightmare follow.
This third book in the Rough and Ready Series is a good fun read tha
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
It is so frustrating when reading a book and you end a chapter, begin the next and it like you are reading another book. The gap in the story line between chapters 15 and 16 is just one the problems with this book, granted it is the biggest and near the end of the book but it just ruins the rest of the book. I am hoping the rest of the series gets better but not getting my hopes up.
Hope Frost
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
True story of young love lost, then found again. I really loved watching Wayne help Kaitlyn through her "issues" an in the mean time prove that he is worthy of her. The only thing better than a cowboy is a decorated military cowboy. With this story, you get them both!!
Jun 03, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. It's a quick, easy read. The only issue I had with it, is that the ending follows on like another chapter, but it reads like an epilogue. And given the fact that it came at 76% on my Kindle, I thought there was more to go, so a bit disappointing.
Lori Meehan
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
This was a very good story and I really liked Wayne and Kaitlyn's characters. I thought they had a sexy hot chemistry and as in the other books a very good dose of suspense. I would highly recommend this series if your like hot and sexy cowboys.
May 29, 2012 rated it liked it
This one was a bit better but nothing really grabbed me. I was glad the ending was a whole lot better than the others thus far but the story as a whole was boring for me.
Crystal Sanchez
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I loved it and would have given it five stars but the end fell short. big time. it was kinda disappointing.
Denise Koopman
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
What can I say...Anither great book in this series.I hope she does more awesome series in the future!!!!
rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2012
Sep 18, 2015
Amy Blann
Feb 01, 2015
Jan 27, 2017
Oct 26, 2012
Anna M
rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2015
Teresa Mckenzie
Jul 15, 2012
Jill Bergemann
Nov 27, 2014
  • Laying Down the Law (The Triple Horn Brand, #1)
  • Her Forever Cowboy (Bad Boys Western Romance #1)
  • Because You Love Me (Just Because, #2)
  • Bound to Billionaires (Doms of Destiny, Colorado, #2)
  • Divine Phoenix (Divine Creek Ranch, #10)
  • Escape from Obsession (The American Soldier Collection, #1)
  • The Beginning (Passion Victoria #1)
  • Fight For Me (Fight For, #1; Invitation to Eden, #5)
  • Ruthless Heart (Heart, #1)
  • Forget Me Knot (Crawley Creek, #1)
  • Love Under Two Cowboys (Lusty, Texas, #12)
  • Taboo Desires: 3 Sexy Tales of Lust and Passion
  • Hooked (Studs in Spurs Book 4)
  • Short Rides (Rough Riders, #14.5)
  • Dakota Springs (Dakota Heat, #4)
  • Hidden Fire
  • Romancing Olive (Prairie Romance, #1)
Cheyenne McCray is an award winning, New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author who is a rare native Arizonan but refuses to be put behind glass as an endangered species.

In her spare time she loves to torture characters—whether they’re misbehaving or not—and kill off deserving individuals. She also totally gets off on blowing things up. All fictionally, of course. She’d rather chew glass th
More about Cheyenne McCray...

Rough and Ready (7 books)
  • Silk and Spurs (Rough and Ready, #1)
  • Champagne and Chaps (Rough and Ready, #3)
  • Satin and Saddles (Rough and Ready, #4)
  • Roses and Rodeo (Rough and Ready, #5)
  • Lingerie and Lariats (Rough and Ready, #6)
  • Lipstick and Leather (Rough and Ready, #7)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)