Start by marking “Non chiudere gli occhi ” as Want to Read:
Non chiudere gli occhi

Non chiudere gli occhi

Natalie, giovane veterinaria in carriera, ha bisogno di cambiare aria.

A Columbus, la sua storia d’amore è a pezzi: Kenny la tradisce.
A Port Ariel, sulle rive del Lago Erie, c’è invece un padre premuroso pronto ad accoglierla.
Ci sono rilassanti passeggiate nei boschi. E le vecchie amiche con cui far mattina a suon di pettegolezzi.
Natalie non fa in tempo a godersi neppure
Paperback, Gli alianti, 456 pages
Published 2008 by Marcos y Marcos (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Non chiudere gli occhi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Non chiudere gli occhi

Start your review of Non chiudere gli occhi
Heather *Undercover Goth Queen*
I liked this at first, but in the last third it started to drag. It was a bit dated, with many of the female characters wearing slacks, pearls, and pastels. The setting was good, and I thought the characters were well-drawn. 2.5 stars.
Judy Tolley
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not typically a mystery book reader but I really enjoyed this book. It was scary in parts and while I had a small clue who the murderer was, there were others I suspected more. So when the end came, I was still surprised. Ms. Thompson has a true gift to keep the reader entranced and I could visualize everyone and every place Our main character, Natalie, goes to her small hometown where the twin sister of her best friend is killed. As the story continues and more people are murdered, Natalie ...more
Courtney
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I take my mysteries and my suspense novels with a grain of salt. I have to suspend belief because a lot of is much like TV and just not realistic. My biggest gripe was that any NORMAL female who gets a phone call from somebody claiming to be her friend that was just murdered the other day and who quotes the note left on the body would be calling the cops. But she just shrugs it off as nothing and moves on with her day.

Overall, it wasn't a bad book, but not anything real memorable.
Plum-crazy
A decent suspense story with plenty of red herrings to leave you wondering who the killer is, though I would have liked a bit more romance between the two main characters, Natalie & Nick.

I quite liked the character of Nick's daughter Paige who, with her friend Jimmy attempt to solve the killings. All in all an enjoyable read & will look out for more by this writer.
Teresa Lavender
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I felt the beginning was a bit weak, but the story gained momentum as I continued reading. Enjoyed reading this.
Ariel
Aug 13, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it , more than I thought I would honestly and I'll probably read more books by this author ( especially since she's from WV! ) . It was missing that something that makes me super excited about a book though , so three stars is all it gets .
Red
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my top favorites, and a very nice happy accident. This book caught by eye by cover alone like many, but actually had good turns, twists, and touches that made it memorable to me. It's one of the books I am absolutely seeking to replace after losing and will be rereading once I have it in my collection again.
C
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good book!
Juniper
A good suspense but a really awful translation ! I still wonder how the publisher accepted to publish this... I'll try and find the English version of this novel.
Kimberly Suggs
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one wasn't bad, it kept me drawn in from the beginning all the way to the end. I will be reading more from her for sure. There were a lot of people that could have been the murderer and I think that she set it up perfectly in the end. I think my favorite characters were the kids in the book, that were trying to solve the mystery.
Charissa Wilkinson
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers, other
Overview: Natalie St. John has rushed home after a fight with her boyfriend. She is looking forward to just spending time with her friends. And then the murders begin starting. First up is Tamara Hunt, one of Natalie’s oldest friends. How many will die before the killer gets caught? There’s one thing that Natalie can be positive about, maybe two. These phone calls don’t bode well for her. And there’s nothing that’ll keep her in Port Ariel. Not her dad, not Lilly, and definitely not that cute ...more
Lucy
May 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I was really, really enjoying this book . . . right up until the ending. The ending isn't awful, merely annoying; the main character absolutely will not stop leaving the police out of a police investigation. And, honestly, it's hard to take the romance between her and the lead detective seriously when she keeps doing such foolish, disrespectful things.
(view spoiler)
Jul 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had not read anything by this author and decided to give her a try, and i probably won't again. Perhaps it was just this book, but every adult character except the two main were obnoxious, whiny and without true depth. The over abundance of suspects became tiresome, especially when the clues for the true murderer came out halfway through. The worse part, however, was the stilted and strange dialogue between characters. These conversations were supposed to give us background, but it became a ...more
Nicole
Jun 29, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eh, A so-so book. Not really worth reading. Took me forever to get through it because the dialogue was too unrealistic. Thought it could have had potential and it initially sparked my interest with the promise of a good mystery, but the characters were not quite developed and the story line looked like it was going one way, and then just completely shut off.
Melissa
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2006
Book #5 read in 2006

I was very pleased with this book. I picked this up at a library sale never having heard of Carlene Thompson before. I am glad I did. The story was well-written and it kept me guessing for most of the book! I also picked up another of Thompson's books the same day, and I can't wait to read it as well.
Lisa Kinard
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Very Good Suspense!

This book kept me going. It did not disappoint. Great storyline and characters. You will be shocked at the end. Trust me!
I recommend this book highly. Natalie goes home for vacation and gets more than she ever thought. I will read more of Carlene's books.
Julian
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always, Carlene Thompson has done it again - each of her mysteries gets sicker and sicker and I mean that as a compliment!!! I never saw the conclusion of this mystery coming the way that it did! Highly recommended writer!
Happy reading!!!
Angel
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in high school (it was given to me by my English teacher). I remember that I really liked it, that was probably due to the fact that the author is from WV. But it was also a good story. I need to read it again to see if I still like it....
Alex
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I've read it twice and was surprised by the killer both times. Very very good. It held my attention and I was reading into the early hours of the morning. There are some disturbing themes in a few parts but over all it was an awesome read.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Thrilling and suspenseful read, kept me guessing until the very end! Ms. Thompson is a master at her craft, highly recommend her books, they never disappoint!
Kathy
Mar 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a complicated story but pretty good.
Doreen
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
a good mystery till the very end!
Lauren Groseclose
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this native West Virginia writer! Though all of her books follow the same sort of plot, they never fail to attract my interest and scare me just the tiniest bit! Great book.
Lori
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cant go wrong with her books read when it first came out
Carina
Mar 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a really good book. I couldn't put it down. I couldn't believe who the killer was.
Marie
Sep 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great suspenseful mystery. Fans of Mary Higgins Clark will love this.
Tammy
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, a great suspense filled thriller.
Jamie
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was really good.. i couldn't put it down, and finished it in two days... Scary how you think you know some people, and they turn out to be the complete opposite.
Alexandra
A great little whodunnit
Sally
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good who- done-it murder mystery...and you'll never guess who done it!

• Siren's Call (Rainshadow, #4; Ghost Hunters, #12)
  • Dying to Please
  • Fresh Kills (Cass jameson, #3)
  • Chirù
  • Law and Addiction
  • The Last Grand Passion
  • Miami Blues (Hoke Moseley #1)
  • Mord og mandelduft
  • Killer's Payoff (87th Precinct, #6)
  • La ragazza dagli occhi di carta
  • Look at My Heart
  • Date with a Dead Man
  • Kiss of Evil (Jack Paris, #2)
  • Retribution (Psychic Detective Kate Pierce Crime Thriller #1)
  • The Fifth Column
  • All Dressed in White (Under Suspicion, #3)
  • Betrayals
  • The False Inspector Dew
Carlene Thompson is an author of suspense thriller novels.

Her first book, Black for Remembrance, was published in 1990 by Little, Brown and was well received. Her books are suspense novels, often with romantic elements and many take place in Thompson's home state of West Virginia. Her books often feature animals, which she bases on animals she knows in real life.