Start by marking “South of Surrender (Hearts of the Anemoi, #3)” as Want to Read:
South of Surrender (Hearts of the Anemoi, #3)

South of Surrender

(Hearts of the Anemoi #3)

She’s the only one who can see through his golden boy façade to the broken god within…

Chrysander Notos, Supreme God of the South Wind and Summer, is on a mission: save Eurus from his death sentence and prove his troubled brother can be redeemed. But Eurus fights back, triggering vicious summer storms that threaten the mortal realm, dangerously drain Chrys, and earn the ire
Published May 28th 2013 by Entangled Select

To ask other readers questions about South of Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about South of Surrender

The BookChick
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤
EXCELLENT: The characteristics of a 5 star story include: an awesome story; and, I love everything about the story — characters, plot, and story elements. I would definitely read it again and I would highly recommend it to a friend and rave about it often.
Initial Reaction:
I loved all the books in the "Hearts of the Anemoi" series but South of Surrender story was THE BEST ONE, hands down.

My Synopsis:
South of Surrender was intriguing, sexy, and an emotional roller coaster from
Claire Robinson
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 - "Dare To Know" Stars.

"I'll Take care of you."

"I know you will."

Chrys wasn't sure he would ever feel truly content without her warmth and courage and strength at his side.

There are so many beginnings in this book, I am excited to see where Laura takes us with the rest of this series. It's the first time she's made me cry, and I think this is the dirtiest sex that she has written (imo).

Anna's Herding Cats
Want. It. Want it now! :) Loving this series!
Rachel Harris
Feb 08, 2012 marked it as to-read
CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!!! =)
MsRomanticReads
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of LotU

Not since Gena Showlater’s Lords of the Underworld series have I been so excited for a paranormal romance series. There’s a reason I mentioned LotU, although there are more favorite series on my list. If you’re familiar with Showalter’s story telling, you’ll know that she doesn’t shy away from shocking a reader or making you tear up during certain scenes. Well, neither does Laura Kaye, and I love her all the more for it.

This book can be read as a stand alone, but I suggest reading them in order.
Ever since the death sentence was passed on his brother by the Olympic gods Chrys has been trying to find a way to save Eurus's life. He needs to get Eurus to repent for his crimes and ask for forgiveness but Eurus is just as determined to carry on with his evil plans and the pair have been battling against each other for weeks. When Chrys is badly injured during a fight with Eurus and plummets to earth in his sacred animal form it is a human woman who saves his life and tends to his wounds. Lan ...more
Sandy S
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and POWERFUL storyline

SOUTH OF SURRENDER is the third storyline in Laura Kaye’s paranormal Heart of the Anemoi series focusing on the mythological gods of the seasons and the winds. This is Chrysander’s storyline-Supreme God of the South Wind and Summer.

Laura Kaye has brought together two strong but damaged souls in SOS. Chrysander believes himself responsible for his brother’s dark and tormented life. Time and again, Chrysander will search out Eurus-the god of the East wind-
Nicola
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
South of Surrender is just a superb read. Whilst romantic, it's different to the first books in the series as there is a huge amount of action; I predicted the Gods of the weather world would clash, and this book truly sees the beginning of the onslaught.

It's that descriptively perfect that I visualised everything. And I fell in love with Chrys and Laney, although in fairness, I never doubted I would based on how I fell for Owen and Zeph. And our God is a dirty boy, he's dominant, but has his o
Cherise
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Sophia
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! This book just took me on an incredible roller coaster ride of emotions and I'm still weak-kneed from it all. I thought the other two books in the series were good, but this one took it to a whole new level. It picked right up from where West of Want left off so yes, that means they must be read in order.

Chrysander Notos, the Supreme god of the south wind and summer and the youngest of the Anemoi brothers, has taken up the charge to seek vengeance against his older brother, Eurus, who in
Stephanie
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Original post at Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust

South of Surrender Laura Kaye Brings on Summer with a Major Heat Wave!

Heartwarming and heart-wrenching; in SOUTH OF SURRENDER, as always, Laura Kaye writes with her heart.

I first came across Laura with FOREVER FREED and I was very surprised and touched by the story. Since then, Laura has grown as a writer by leaps and bounds, moving from being a little expostiional and tentative to descriptive, bold and right o
Kristin
May 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Due to a huge battle with his brother, Chrys finds himself wounded and unconscious in a barn. During the storm, Laney decides to check out the the horses in the barn to make sure they are okay. Only, when she makes her way to the back, she finds another horse and this horse has wings! Unsure what to do, she tries to bandage up the winged horse as best and she can and lays down with it in case it wakes up and needs any more medical attention. However, in the morning there is no longer a horse but ...more
M.
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know, there are times I have to ask myself, "why haven't you read this author before now, Melissa?" I often feel like that once I read a book from an author I hadn't before, and the book turns out to be so kick butt.

So I suppose that gives away exactly what I thought about South of Surrender. I'm not much of a "gods and goddesses" lover, but I really got into this one. I hate that I hadn't read the first two books in the series, but that didn't deter me from following along with the storyli
Beckey
I have been eagerly sitting on the review for this book for the last couple weeks waiting for its release to come out so I can write this review…
When Laura announced that the paperbacks were released early I was
I can’t be the only one excited for this release, right?
Each book gets better and better, this one series that I highly recommend if you like paranormal romance with mythology, steamy heated scenes, and so much more …
The book can be read as a standalone book but as soon as you read it
Sandra Dailey
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
South Of Surrender is amazing.
Each book in the Hearts of the Anemoi series goes deeper into the family and their history. They aren't books you forget between each one. You think about them until the next one arrives. I reached a point with South of Surrender that felt like my heart was wrenched from my body, then repaired and returned better than before.
Chrys is torn between guilt and loyalty. No matter what he does, someone he cares for is going to be hurt. We have to wait, biting nails, to f
Tamara
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Every one of the anemoi series just gets better. South of Surrender gives us two damaged heroes.

Laney Summerlyn is damaged on the outside.Afflicted with RP Laney is almost completely blind. But she sees through a heart of pure gold. Laney is strong, independent, loyal and kind. She is the kind of woman we all strive to be.

Chrysander Notos is broken on the inside. A beautiful exterior hides a broken soul in this man/god who has been conditioned to believe that all signs of affection and love brin
McGee Magoo
Despite the fact that this was more of an open-ended story than the others, I have enjoyed this one the most in the series, so far. I'm excited to read Devlin's story and to see how everything plays out with Eurus. I sorta want to send some hate mail to you, Laura Kaye for what you did to us--and you KNOW what you did--but the emotion that it pulled from me is what set this one up as a 5-star read. Shock. Anger. Grief. On one hand I was in agony and on the other, totally gleeful that I was feeli ...more
Barbara ★
Oh man Laura Kaye is my new favorite romance author! She just know how to write the sexiest, sweetest troubled hero and adds the perfect heroine.

This one is no different. Chrysander Notos is blond, built, sweet as sin and his touch issues. Laney Summerlyn is blind, lonely and one of the sweetest heroines I'm met in a long while. This is a wonderfully romantic tale interspersed with terror from Eurus the evil brother who needs to be laid out. East of Ecstasy will end the series and bring that ba
Pearls
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Chrys!!!! I love Laura Kaye's writing. She always brings the entire range of emotions into her works, and this is no exception. Unbridled love, revenge, anger, pain, and heartbreak. This book is a full family affair, seeing all of our old friends of the series, yet strong enough to stand on it's own. Watching the gods battle, realizing that even gods can be mortal, and pitting brother against brother--lots of action to go with the emotional pull of the storyline.
Jan Meredith
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Five stars, and yes, it deserves every one of them. Readers, be prepared to drop everything and read it to the end, because you aren't going to want to put it down. An unexpected twist left me in tears, but in a good way. Bring on the next installment, Ms. Kaye!
Hbeebti
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: laura-kaye
4.5 Best one so far. But man I am bummed about something that happened.
Luvmyfamily
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cara
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Where do I begin? Incredibly little time for Laney and Chrys to be alone together and develop their relationship, killing off a popular character just as he came into his own, boring Gods drama and massive violence taking over the plot..and especially an abrupt and unsatisfying ending ruined this for me.

Chrys had been a lighter, fun character in book one, and I looked forward to his story. But here he was so much darker and more insecure despite Laney putting up with everything he threw at her.
Angie
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It is the lead up the final novel of this series and things are starting to heat up. No pun intended. We finally get to see the story of the reckless playboy, Chrysander, who does not believe that he is worth people sacrificing themselves for. Until he meets Laney. She continuously puts herself in danger for him and he cannot handle it. Laney already has a hard life and Chrys just knows that by involving her he is going to make her life suck. All he wants is to fix everything ...more
Bernadette
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A binge worthy series!

I sooo love these books. Chrys is good and kind, but riddled with guilt. Laney is loving and nurturing in spite of her handicap. In a world filled with surprises can they both accept the biggest surprise of all?

Exciting, imaginative and oh so sexy this is a great read. But please read this series in order, you won’t be disappointed.
Karry
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, just, Wow!

This book was amazing, but tore me to shreds! I don't even know what to say. I have hopes, but after all that happened in this book, I also have doubts and fears. Please, let me be right.
Crystal Holloway
Wow

Wow wow wow...killing me! I love this series. And it made me cry too. Ugh. But now I just read the next story
patsy braica
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME

This is a great book. Love the series, I am looking forward to reading the next book..
I highly recommend this series to all..
Love, love love it
Rdbarrett
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Struggled with the book. Perhaps the next book will be better.
Melissa Box
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr-series
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

South of Surrender is the third installment in Laura Kaye’s Hearts of Anemoi paranormal romance series and once I began reading I was thrilled to discover that I could easily follow this story without having read the previous two titles in the series. However, after finishing this book I will definitely be picking up the previous books as well as checking out more series written by this author. Yes, I enjoyed this book that much!

Much to my del
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Night Moves (The Night Songs Collection Book 2)
  • Love Your Entity (Entity, #3)
  • Unscathed
  • Vampire King of New York
  • Incorporeal (Soul, #1)
  • Blood in the Stars
  • Suddenly Beautiful
  • Sunder
  • One Night (Superstars in Love, #2)
  • Hunger Aroused (Vampire Hunger #1)
  • Quicksilver Dreams (Dreamwalkers, #1)
  • Dreams of Ivory (Holiday, Montana, #5)
  • Euphoria (Duality, #2)
  • A Man Like Mike
  • What He Demands (My Alpha Billionaire, #2)
  • Seduced by the Angel (Divine Fornication, #1)
  • Bewitched, Bothered, and Bitten (Bitten, #3)
  • Far From Heaven
Laura Kaye is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary and erotic romance and romantic suspense, including the Hard Ink, Raven Riders, Blasphemy, Heroes, and Hearts of the Anemoi series. Laura's hot, heartfelt stories are all about the universal desire for a place to belong. Laura grew up amidst family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses, cementing her lif ...more

Hearts of the Anemoi (4 books)
  • North of Need (Hearts of the Anemoi, #1)
  • West of Want (Hearts of the Anemoi, #2)
  • East of Ecstasy (Hearts of the Anemoi, #4)
“She had given up something for which she had long yearned for the mere possibility of a love, and a life, with him. With him.
Yet, she had no idea how he felt about her. How powerfully love and admiration and pure, simple awe flowed through him for her.”
3 likes